HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

v21: Kyle Lowry for Prime Minister

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2012, 11:09 PM
van Hockey

vCash: 50
refs cost us three games imo, we deserved to lose against OKC, that was a fair one.

Old
11-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

vCash: 500
5/22 from deep.

Old
11-07-2012, 11:15 PM
FifthLine

Amir Johnson had a great game off the bench, best player by far
D.D had a great all round game
Bargnani, meh
Everyone else was pretty bad

But the calls were getting from the refs is getting out of hand. I mean giving a technical from someone in our huddle? We drive the lane every game, get zero calls, while they drive, next to no contact and its called everytime. Unbelievable.

Old
11-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Hyperglide

Gotta play some defense and not shoot so terribly from behind the 3 point line. Also need to rebound the ball better, not foul so much, stop settling for jumpshots, iso's and putting in garbage time players at the beginning of the 4th quarter when the game is still within reach. Also play a full 4 quarters. Giving up 36 points to a Dallas team missing 4 key rotation/starters is pathetic. Even if it's a 4th game in 5 nights.

So many little mistakes in this game that cost us.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:22 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

raps off to a horrid start. With the lockout they could have really taken advantage to draw more fans.

Old
11-08-2012, 10:06 AM
SupermanPahlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
raps off to a horrid start. With the lockout they could have really taken advantage to draw more fans.
Last lockout I remember the ACC being pretty bumpin' with Mo-Pete, Rafer Alston, VC and the gang. I actually enjoyed going to games that year, they were exciting.

Old
11-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Suntouchable13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
Last lockout I remember the ACC being pretty bumpin' with Mo-Pete, Rafer Alston, VC and the gang. I actually enjoyed going to games that year, they were exciting.
Don't forget one Mr. Jalen Rose But seriously, though, that season turned out to be a disaster pretty quickly. I don't remember anything really that exciting that year. It was pretty depressing, actually.

Old
11-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

I believe Donyell Marshall tied the record for most 3s in a game that year.

Old
11-08-2012, 11:38 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
refs cost us three games imo, we deserved to lose against OKC, that was a fair one.
No the refs haven't cost the Raptors any games. The Raptors poor shooting and poor defense have cost the Raptors. I hate when people blame the refs for them losing games especially when the team gives up 100+ ppg.

Old
11-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
No the refs haven't cost the Raptors any games. The Raptors poor shooting and poor defense have cost the Raptors. I hate when people blame the refs for them losing games especially when the team gives up 100+ ppg.
I think it's pretty easy to blame the refs for the Nets game. Just poor calls through all quarters.

Old
11-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Stats01

vCash: 520
you aren't going to get calls from refs when you're settling for 3's all game long, it happened in OKC and it happened in Dallas. The team needs to force refs into giving them calls and not shy away when a call or two don't go there way. Get a game plan going offensively because all I'm seeing so far is a very young team getting intimidated and just jacking up 3's. Sure there are some good individual performances but we are putrid on offence, especially now being without Lowry.

And also..the sooner we get rid of Bargnani the better this team has going forward, probably one of the dumbest players on the court. He has a great game offensively from time to time but most games he looks like he has no clue what he's doing defensively or what his job is in half court situations. AND! didn't this guy gain like 15 pounds of muscle over the summer? He looks a bit slower from last season.

Old
11-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Habsfan18

It's getting really hard watching Landry Fields try to play basketball.

11-08-2012, 02:15 PM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
It's getting really hard watching Landry Fields try to play basketball.
There's really only one good explanation for it....

He got monstar-ed.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Quote:
Originally Posted by YunelYESco View Post
Amir Johnson had a great game off the bench, best player by far
D.D had a great all round game
Bargnani, meh
Everyone else was pretty bad

But the calls were getting from the refs is getting out of hand. I mean giving a technical from someone in our huddle? We drive the lane every game, get zero calls, while they drive, next to no contact and its called everytime. Unbelievable.
How can u say Men from a guy who had 25 points 2 steals 3 assists and 9 rebounds. That's a pretty big game for anyone. 7-7 from the line, only thing that sticks out is the 0-5 from the 3. This is the kind of numbers Bargs needs to give the raps every night, I really wish he would consider playing a little closer to the hoop tho, instead of always looking for the 3 ball, he plays his best when he uses his great mid range and drives. When Andrea is on and plays aggressive on the offensive end he's almost unstoppable, only thing is for some reason he doesn't like to play like this all the time.

I really do think Fields can be a solid contributor to the team once he figures out what's up with his taught process. He's forcing the play and he's making bad decisions because of it, his timing is way off and he's putting a lot of pressure on himself leading to more mistakes. I am confident he will get things under control soon but for some reason the Raptor fans or at least the casual ones who love to hate have been all over this guy from the beginning. If you want to boo someone because you don't like his contract boo BC because he's the one who offered it in the first place.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:37 PM
TOGuy14

I'm worried about how ugly that 1st Rd pick we gave up to Houston can get if we continue at this pace. We are looking at 1st overall if we keep this up and Lowry doesn't get back soon.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
I'm worried about how ugly that 1st Rd pick we gave up to Houston can get if we continue at this pace. We are looking at 1st overall if we keep this up and Lowry doesn't get back soon.
I thought it was top-3 protected?

Old
11-08-2012, 03:45 PM
NeverGoingToWin

It is. Below is a good link for all draft picks owed and their conditions.

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dra...rafts/detailed

Old
11-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
I thought it was top-3 protected?
It is.

Old
11-08-2012, 04:03 PM
ponder

There's no way this team makes the playoffs, so finishing bottom 3 might actually be best. However, in the NBA you have a 36% chance to pick 4th overall even if you finish with the worst record in the league, and a 53% chance to pick 4th-6th even if you finish with the 3rd worst record. So there's a solid chance we won't have a 1st next year even if we finish in the bottom 3.

On the flip side, we could finish, say, 6th worst, and still have a 21% chance to pick top 3. I don't think we're actually a bottom 3 team in the league, probably more like 5th-10th worst, so the NBA draft lottery could work in our favour, and give us a chance to keep our pick even if we don't finish bottom 3.

Fields definitely needs to step it up, he was a solid player for the Knicks, but has been off to a terrible start. I have faith that he can turn it around somewhat, though. It would also be nice if Bargs could start playing some decent team defence, his rotations are still atrocious. He still gets caught in no man's land just watching the play way too often, and I hate the way he plays screens/picks (always seems to switch even when it would be very easy to stay with his man, and when he switches he does so very passively, not pressuring the ball handler at all), but at this point I'm not sure if that'll ever change. It's his 7th year in the league, he's probably just not capable of playing team defence. At least he's a good scorer when his shot is on.

Last edited by ponder: 11-08-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old
11-08-2012, 04:16 PM
RayzorIsDull

Breaking down the inability of Colangelo to find a small forward for the Raptors.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=409091

Old
11-08-2012, 04:43 PM
thatshype

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey24 View Post
How can u say Men from a guy who had 25 points 2 steals 3 assists and 9 rebounds. That's a pretty big game for anyone. 7-7 from the line, only thing that sticks out is the 0-5 from the 3. This is the kind of numbers Bargs needs to give the raps every night, I really wish he would consider playing a little closer to the hoop tho, instead of always looking for the 3 ball, he plays his best when he uses his great mid range and drives. When Andrea is on and plays aggressive on the offensive end he's almost unstoppable, only thing is for some reason he doesn't like to play like this all the time.

I really do think Fields can be a solid contributor to the team once he figures out what's up with his taught process. He's forcing the play and he's making bad decisions because of it, his timing is way off and he's putting a lot of pressure on himself leading to more mistakes. I am confident he will get things under control soon but for some reason the Raptor fans or at least the casual ones who love to hate have been all over this guy from the beginning. If you want to boo someone because you don't like his contract boo BC because he's the one who offered it in the first place.
Bargnani ended up looking good on the stat-line, but that is pretty far from the story of the game. He was a non-factor defensively the whole game, and allowed Chris Kaman (of all people) to have a fantastic night offensively. Statistically he looks like he had a good night, but when the game was actually being played out it was obvious the whole game that Bargnani was squandering what should have been a great opportunity for him to put the team on his back and earn the win. Mavs were missing Dirk, Brand, and Marion...yet their B-team big-men of Chris Kaman, Brendan Wright, and Bernard James significantly outplayed Bargs and Val.

Amir Johnson had 10 less minutes of work than Bargs and had more rebounds, went 6-for-7 from both the field and the FT line. If it wasn't for Amir, the game never would have been close at the end

Old
11-08-2012, 05:17 PM
FifthLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatshype View Post
Bargnani ended up looking good on the stat-line, but that is pretty far from the story of the game. He was a non-factor defensively the whole game, and allowed Chris Kaman (of all people) to have a fantastic night offensively. Statistically he looks like he had a good night, but when the game was actually being played out it was obvious the whole game that Bargnani was squandering what should have been a great opportunity for him to put the team on his back and earn the win. Mavs were missing Dirk, Brand, and Marion...yet their B-team big-men of Chris Kaman, Brendan Wright, and Bernard James significantly outplayed Bargs and Val.

Amir Johnson had 10 less minutes of work than Bargs and had more rebounds, went 6-for-7 from both the field and the FT line. If it wasn't for Amir, the game never would have been close at the end
Pretty much how I felt. Stats looked good, but if you watched the game you clearly can see he did not play the greatest, poor shot selections, poor defense and rebounding. I'm not saying he had a bad game, he's just one of those players that leaves you wanting just a little more from because you know their that close to having a terrific night.

Old
11-08-2012, 06:45 PM
NeverGoingToWin

Bargnani will never be a good defender which is why he needs to go. The biggest disappointment for me has been the defence this year.

Old
11-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Hemskyfanboy83

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
There's no way this team makes the playoffs, so finishing bottom 3 might actually be best. However, in the NBA you have a 36% chance to pick 4th overall even if you finish with the worst record in the league, and a 53% chance to pick 4th-6th even if you finish with the 3rd worst record. So there's a solid chance we won't have a 1st next year even if we finish in the bottom 3.

On the flip side, we could finish, say, 6th worst, and still have a 21% chance to pick top 3. I don't think we're actually a bottom 3 team in the league, probably more like 5th-10th worst, so the NBA draft lottery could work in our favour, and give us a chance to keep our pick even if we don't finish bottom 3.

Fields definitely needs to step it up, he was a solid player for the Knicks, but has been off to a terrible start. I have faith that he can turn it around somewhat, though. It would also be nice if Bargs could start playing some decent team defence, his rotations are still atrocious. He still gets caught in no man's land just watching the play way too often, and I hate the way he plays screens/picks (always seems to switch even when it would be very easy to stay with his man, and when he switches he does so very passively, not pressuring the ball handler at all), but at this point I'm not sure if that'll ever change. It's his 7th year in the league, he's probably just not capable of playing team defence. At least he's a good scorer when his shot is on.
I think we have a chance to make the playoffs. There are a lot of weak teams in the East. We should pick up our fair share of wins against the Wizards, Pistons, Bobcats, Cavs and the Magic. As long as we do well against the Bucks, Celtics, and the 76'ers, we can make it.

Old
11-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Prophet Kadri

I just looked over how many fouls we have vs our opponents.

Game 1 we had 3 more FTs than the Pacers, both teams got to play more Physically.

Game 2 We had less FT's 12 of them which to me is alarming is such a close game. Refs were rigging this match for Brooklyn to win their home opener.

Game 3 We had 14 less FT's despite winning big.

Game 4 We had 9 less and OKC destroyed us.

Game 5 We had 4 less which is fair.

Usually I would brush off the "Refs are rigging" but in this case I see they REALLY hurt us against Minny and Brooklyn.

Closed Thread