HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver-Montreal-Chicago

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2012, 12:25 AM
Cogburn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsrback View Post
You kind of also forgot a Stanley Cup final against the Bruins where he was terrible, and I am being polite as he is a fellow Montrealer. I like Luongo and hope that we will end up in a market where the media will not be omnipresent. What I am saying is that the two FACTS combined (length of contract plus poor playoff play) significantly bring down his value, even though he would be an upgrade for more than 50% of the teams.

No disrespect to him. I just find that Canuck's fans are setting themselves up for a big disappointment...we are also pretty good at that in MTL too.
Keep dreaming. I suppose shut outs in the final need to be attributed to his steadfast and incredible defense in front of him, not him doing what he does every playoff game: giving us a chance to win.

As we keep insisting, we won't move him if the price isn't right. The price is helping out team improve in other areas. I don't care how little the piece returning is valued, or if it cripples our trading partner for a decade, if it's not a sizeable and quantifiable improvement to our roster or our prospect pool, I, the rest of the fans, and more importantly Gillis are happy to sit on Luongo.

And for the record, I wouldn't want this trade to happen. Collition and Thrower are nice prospects, but they are a heck of a lot more valuable to the Canadiens then to us. And that leaves Cole as a return for Luongo. Yes, he'd be an improvement at our second line RW position, but he's simply not worth Luongo, contract or no, to us.

I feel Kane is a huge improvement, and I can honestly say I empathize with Habs fans saying they'd rather keep him over Kane. Super. But calling out our players as inferior or poor, when he has been the biggest reason for our successes in this city in any form in the NHL, is just trolling. If you don't think the trade is worth Montreal's while, say that, don't claim that he is some how that much worse then Price as the justification, or that he's a poor playoff performer (he's got a winning record and better career stats then regular season) based on a few poor performances and throwing out his amazing performances that more then compensate. If you don't like the trade, excellent, I don't either, but don't spit on our guys and we won't on yours, deal?

Old
11-06-2012, 12:29 AM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
Price >> Luongo
Kane > Cole
it could easily just be argued
Price=Kane
Luongo>Cole

Old
11-06-2012, 12:37 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Keep dreaming. I suppose shut outs in the final need to be attributed to his steadfast and incredible defense in front of him, not him doing what he does every playoff game: giving us a chance to win.

As we keep insisting, we won't move him if the price isn't right. The price is helping out team improve in other areas. I don't care how little the piece returning is valued, or if it cripples our trading partner for a decade, if it's not a sizeable and quantifiable improvement to our roster or our prospect pool, I, the rest of the fans, and more importantly Gillis are happy to sit on Luongo.

And for the record, I wouldn't want this trade to happen. Collition and Thrower are nice prospects, but they are a heck of a lot more valuable to the Canadiens then to us. And that leaves Cole as a return for Luongo. Yes, he'd be an improvement at our second line RW position, but he's simply not worth Luongo, contract or no, to us.

I feel Kane is a huge improvement, and I can honestly say I empathize with Habs fans saying they'd rather keep him over Kane. Super. But calling out our players as inferior or poor, when he has been the biggest reason for our successes in this city in any form in the NHL, is just trolling. If you don't think the trade is worth Montreal's while, say that, don't claim that he is some how that much worse then Price as the justification, or that he's a poor playoff performer (he's got a winning record and better career stats then regular season) based on a few poor performances and throwing out his amazing performances that more then compensate. If you don't like the trade, excellent, I don't either, but don't spit on our guys and we won't on yours, deal?
I agree with you. People feel the need to cut down other teams players. Pointless exercise. Luongo is a great goalie. He's had some bad games but for the most part he's been elite.

Old
11-06-2012, 12:43 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I agree with you. People feel the need to cut down other teams players. Pointless exercise. Luongo is a great goalie. He's had some bad games but for the most part he's been elite.
And Price is no slouch either, we could very soon be mention him in the same way. Being compared to Kane in terms of value isn't an insult, Canucks fans know first hand what he's capable of, but this trade, while I applaud the OP for his "outside the box" thought on assembling it, is simply to complex, and doesn't accurately consider all three teams needs and surpluses.

Keep it simple, stupid

Old
11-06-2012, 07:14 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcarder View Post
Chicago would then opt to leave Montreal out of it.
Yay, mission accomplished. I think the bottom line is just don't put Price in any trade proposals. There's really nothing that's going to work there. He gives us exactly what we need in terms of locking up that key position and there's just nothing that is going to make sense in terms of lateral or juggling moves that take that security away.

Old
11-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Mad Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Yay, mission accomplished. I think the bottom line is just don't put Price in any trade proposals. There's really nothing that's going to work there. He gives us exactly what we need in terms of locking up that key position and there's just nothing that is going to make sense in terms of lateral or juggling moves that take that security away.
I second the motion. And it looks pretty close to a unanimous vote from all Hab fans. So motion carried. No Luongo, no Kane. We're good with that. We'll build our franchise the old fashion way. Draft and develop.

Old
11-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Thundermare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Habber View Post
I second the motion. And it looks pretty close to a unanimous vote from all Hab fans. So motion carried. No Luongo, no Kane. We're good with that. We'll build our franchise the old fashion way. Draft and develop.

Old
11-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Thundermare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
So...keep Patrick Kane and get Luongo for the price of just Ray Emery? Where do I sign?

You sure did a whole lot of backpedaling from Cole and Luongo "talent-wise" making sense to just sticking with Cole for Luongo not being a good fit for MTL.
I think, I said that it might make sense on the face value but that contractwise it didn't...

Luongo is under contact and making the big bucks untill he's over 40 is still is too much of a risk and seriously lower his value... specially when we already have Price.

Like I mentionned in other posts there's not that many teams in need of a goalie(CBJ, Chi, Tor... who else?) and these are the teams that Vancouver should try to trade LUongo to.

Old
11-08-2012, 12:03 AM
ottawa
go habs go

vCash: 0
So we develop Price and ship him off just as he's reaching his elite status? No thank you

Old
11-08-2012, 04:38 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
Price's value is greater than any player in this proposal. Yes even Kane.
That's a very subjective comment, I'd take Kane over Price and I'd bet more than half of the teams in the league would.

Last year was Price's 2nd best season as a starter and he finished 18th in GAA and 20th in Save%. He would be sitting in the press box in Vancouver if you gave him to us for free.

NOTE: This doesn't mean that MTL should accept the trade. I just think the Price hype around here is crazy. It is reasonable to say that Luongo may outperform Price for the entire life of Price's current contract until he is a UFA (6 years).

Old
11-08-2012, 04:58 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleben85 View Post
it could easily just be argued
Price=Kane
Luongo>Cole
and don't forget the
Sebastian Collberg,Montreal 2nd,Dalton Thrower>>Lack
in summery

Price>Kane value to the Habs
Luongo=Cole because we have Price.
Sebastian Collberg,Montreal 2nd,Dalton Thrower>>>Lack easily

On the offer it's an easy pass for the Habs.
Nuck fans can go peddle Lu and his massive contract to some other team.
We don't want and especially have no need for Luongo.

Old
11-08-2012, 05:01 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
That's a very subjective comment, I'd take Kane over Price and I'd bet more than half of the teams in the league would.

Last year was Price's 2nd best season as a starter and he finished 18th in GAA and 20th in Save%. He would be sitting in the press box in Vancouver if you gave him to us for free.

NOTE: This doesn't mean that MTL should accept the trade. I just think the Price hype around here is crazy. It is reasonable to say that Luongo may outperform Price for the entire life of Price's current contract until he is a UFA (6 years).

See this is what we're facing around here.
Price sitting in the pressbox.

Old
11-08-2012, 05:35 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
See this is what we're facing around here.
Price sitting in the pressbox.
That's the point isn't it. You feel so strongly that Price is better than Luongo that there is no way that Luongo would start over Price. This is your feeling and likely the feeling of a lot of people in Montreal.

The fact is that Luongo has been better than Price statistically every single year they were both starters in the NHL. That's statistical evidence and is a fact not some made up crap.

For empirical evidence, Luongo was the starter for team Canada while Price didn't even make the team to sit in the pressbox, he sat at home. The guys who picked team Canada are the best hockey people in Canada. Their opinion matters and the result is a fact, not some made up crap.

Luongo is losing his starting job to Schneider because Schneider has been better than Luongo on the same team for two years now. That doesn't mean that Luongo is not a good goalie, as stated last year, Luongo has been statistically better than Price despite playing on a team that allows more shots and I believe more chances per game than Montreal. The fact that Luongo is losing his job to Schneider appears to be a fact right now.

This is the part that requires interpretation In terms of how Canucks management would likely rank the goalies in terms of who would start if they were on the same team:
1. Schneider
2. Luongo
3. Price

It's not a stretch of logic to say that Price would sit if he was given to Vancouver for free, other than the fact that the team would have to move him in order to free up cap space. The same way that the team is looking at moving Luongo to free up cap space.

I feel like I've presented a reasonable argument. The fact is, the smartest hockey people in Canada chose Luongo ahead of Price during the last Olympics, that's the only time a team had to pick between the two, in a meaningful situation (and it is backed up by their statistics). Schneider seems to be preferred over Luongo right now in Vancouver despite them being on the same team and Schneider is being picked ahead of Luongo (and this is backed up by statistics).

You're response is: "See look at these idiots. Who would pick Luongo and/or Schneider over Price. They can't be serious nobody would ever do that."...except its already happened.

Last edited by DJOpus: 11-08-2012 at 05:41 AM.
Old
11-08-2012, 07:27 AM
sharks9

Quote:
That's the point isn't it. You feel so strongly that Price is better than Luongo that there is no way that Luongo would start over Price. This is your feeling and likely the feeling of a lot of people in Montreal.

The fact is that Luongo has been better than Price statistically every single year they were both starters in the NHL. That's statistical evidence and is a fact not some made up crap.

For empirical evidence, Luongo was the starter for team Canada while Price didn't even make the team to sit in the pressbox, he sat at home. The guys who picked team Canada are the best hockey people in Canada. Their opinion matters and the result is a fact, not some made up crap.

Luongo is losing his starting job to Schneider because Schneider has been better than Luongo on the same team for two years now. That doesn't mean that Luongo is not a good goalie, as stated last year, Luongo has been statistically better than Price despite playing on a team that allows more shots and I believe more chances per game than Montreal. The fact that Luongo is losing his job to Schneider appears to be a fact right now.

This is the part that requires interpretation In terms of how Canucks management would likely rank the goalies in terms of who would start if they were on the same team:
1. Schneider
2. Luongo
3. Price

It's not a stretch of logic to say that Price would sit if he was given to Vancouver for free, other than the fact that the team would have to move him in order to free up cap space. The same way that the team is looking at moving Luongo to free up cap space.

I feel like I've presented a reasonable argument. The fact is, the smartest hockey people in Canada chose Luongo ahead of Price during the last Olympics, that's the only time a team had to pick between the two, in a meaningful situation (and it is backed up by their statistics). Schneider seems to be preferred over Luongo right now in Vancouver despite them being on the same team and Schneider is being picked ahead of Luongo (and this is backed up by statistics).

You're response is: "See look at these idiots. Who would pick Luongo and/or Schneider over Price. They can't be serious nobody would ever do that."...except its already happened.
This is likely the feeling of the vast majority of the league.

Just conveniently ignore the fact that this year Luongo's GAA was only .02 better and SV% was .03 better despite Price playing 10 more games on a worse team. I think that definitely shows that Price played better this year.

There's not a chance in the world that Price would sit on Vancouver. Schneider is not nearly as proven as Price is, Price played more games last year than Schneider has played in his entire NHL career, not to mention the fact that Price is also a year younger than Schenider. Those are facts, not made up crap.

Price had a garbage year and no one here thinks Price should've been picked ahead of him for the Olympics. Meanwhile, go look at any predictions made by NHL analysts for the 2014 team and you'll see the vast majority are picking Price as the starter, some have Luongo in the pressbox or not on the team at all.

It's never happened. Your logic is ridiculously flawed. This is how you see it:
1. Luongo was picked over Price 2 years ago
2. Schneider was picked over Luongo this year
3. Therefore, Schneider and Luongo are both better than Price.

See the flaw yet?

Old
11-08-2012, 07:41 AM
EveryDay

Quote:

1. Schneider
2. Luongo
3. Price

You should start watching hockey, its pretty cool!

Old
11-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

There is no way that Montreal does the original deal.

Old
11-08-2012, 07:51 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
garbage garbage garbage
Just wow man... Do you even believe what you're spewing?

Old
11-08-2012, 08:50 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
This is likely the feeling of the vast majority of the league.
Right, except that when someone's job is on the line they actually took Luongo...I'm sorry that it was two years ago but that's the last time anyone had to objectively pick one over the other in anything that mattered...unless you count Veizna trophy voting (I don't) by NHL GMs...last year they tied - 0 each, the year before (Price's best season) Luongo finished ahead of him (because he was nominated while Price wasn't).

Quote:
Just conveniently ignore the fact that this year Luongo's GAA was only .02 better and SV% was .03 better despite Price playing 10 more games on a worse team. I think that definitely shows that Price played better this year.
Sorry, I ignored the fact that Luongo had better stats in making my Luongo is better than Price argument.

It's nobody's ideal situation to play their starting goalie too much. The Kings were the only team since the lockout to win the Cup with a starting goalie who played more than 60 games. The only reason to do it is because you don't trust your backup.

Vancouver has a backup goalie that put up a save% 0.21 better than Price and a GAA that was 0.47 better than Price as a result, he earned the right to play.

Quote:
There's not a chance in the world that Price would sit on Vancouver. Schneider is not nearly as proven as Price is, Price played more games last year than Schneider has played in his entire NHL career, not to mention the fact that Price is also a year younger than Schenider. Those are facts, not made up crap.
Price would sit for the same reason that Luongo would sit. Schneider has been phenomenal the last two years, he has save% of 0.937 and 0.929 over the last couple of years. NOTE: Luongo's career best is 0.931 with the Panthers (recent best = 0.928 from 2010-11); Price's career and recent best is 0.923 from 2010-11.

Luongo is more proven than Price so the argument that Price would start ahead of Schneider because he's more proven is kind of pathetic and you know it.

Quote:
Price had a garbage year and no one here thinks Price should've been picked ahead of him for the Olympics. Meanwhile, go look at any predictions made by NHL analysts for the 2014 team and you'll see the vast majority are picking Price as the starter, some have Luongo in the pressbox or not on the team at all.
Great, so a bunch of guys who's jobs aren't on the line are picking younger guys to make the team. Historically veterans make the team while young guys do not because in the media, youth is overrated while experience is underrated. When push comes to shove and somebody who matter's reputation is on the line the veterans usually get the call.

Look at the average age of starters for team Canada in all the most recent best on best tournaments. None were under 30.

Quote:
It's never happened. Your logic is ridiculously flawed. This is how you see it:
1. Luongo was picked over Price 2 years ago
2. Schneider was picked over Luongo this year
3. Therefore, Schneider and Luongo are both better than Price.

See the flaw yet?
The only thing you said in all that is that Price is more proven than Schneider so he would be picked ahead of him in Vancouver. We know that's a BS argument because Luongo is more proven than Price and is being pushed aside for Schneider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
You should start watching hockey, its pretty cool!
Thanks, I guess as someone who has owned season tickets for both NHL and major junior teams, attends AHL games, and has seen games live in every province possible (with the exception of Manitoba, only seen an AHL game there)...that I just don't go out and see enough games.

I could show you my pictures from every single Canada elimination game from the Olympics but I guess you must mean a different kind of real hockey where someone actually picked Price ahead of Luongo in anything that actually mattered.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not saying that Schneider and/or Luongo is going to be better than Price forever or even 100% guaranteed to be better than Price next year but I am saying that, in my opinion, if Price was on Vancouver's roster next year he would not be the starting goaltender on opening night and he would likely be a healthy scratch (in an imaginary scenario where Schneider, Luongo, and Price could all be kept on the roster).

Old
11-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Mad Habber

Quote:
I'm not saying that Schneider and/or Luongo is going to be better than Price forever or even 100% guaranteed to be better than Price next year but I am saying that, in my opinion, if Price was on Vancouver's roster next year he would not be the starting goaltender on opening night and he would likely be a healthy scratch (in an imaginary scenario where Schneider, Luongo, and Price could all be kept on the roster).
In your opinion. Well here is a fact. No one in Montreal, would take local boy Luongo over Price. No one even thinks of Schneider over Price.

In Vancouver, only homers take either one over Price. That's all. Don't believe me. Doesn't matter. No one wants Luongo. So keep him, or trade him elsewhere. We'll keep Price, and if everything stays the same, Price will be wearing the Canadian maple leaf at the next olympics. Maybe Luongo will be there, mayber not, but he won't play ahead of Price. Unless some major change happens.

In short. Don't want him, keep him.

Old
11-08-2012, 11:13 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Habber View Post
In your opinion. Well here is a fact. No one in Montreal, would take local boy Luongo over Price. No one even thinks of Schneider over Price.

In Vancouver, only homers take either one over Price. That's all. Don't believe me. Doesn't matter. No one wants Luongo. So keep him, or trade him elsewhere. We'll keep Price, and if everything stays the same, Price will be wearing the Canadian maple leaf at the next olympics. Maybe Luongo will be there, mayber not, but he won't play ahead of Price. Unless some major change happens.

In short. Don't want him, keep him.
I like how your opinion is fact and if someone disagrees they are a homer.

There's a good chance that Price starts for Team Canada in 2014 but there's also a good chance Luongo does. Neither goalie is trash and there are a lot of teams that would want either.

Old
11-08-2012, 11:28 AM
sharks9

Quote:
Right, except that when someone's job is on the line they actually took Luongo...I'm sorry that it was two years ago but that's the last time anyone had to objectively pick one over the other in anything that mattered...unless you count Veizna trophy voting (I don't) by NHL GMs...last year they tied - 0 each, the year before (Price's best season) Luongo finished ahead of him (because he was nominated while Price wasn't).
Actually they picked Brodeur, although he faltered and they put in Luongo. Actually in 2011, Luongo finished 3rd in Vezina voting and Price was 5th. Also, check out the Hart voting, Price finished 7th while Luongo only finished 17th, looks like Price is a much more valuable goaltender than Luongo! And how many Vezina or Hart votes has Schneider ever gotten? Zero.

BTW, maybe you should give this thread a look and see what other people think : http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1275667
Quote:
Sorry, I ignored the fact that Luongo had better stats in making my Luongo is better than Price argument.

It's nobody's ideal situation to play their starting goalie too much. The Kings were the only team since the lockout to win the Cup with a starting goalie who played more than 60 games. The only reason to do it is because you don't trust your backup.

Vancouver has a backup goalie that put up a save% 0.21 better than Price and a GAA that was 0.47 better than Price as a result, he earned the right to play.
Did you maybe take into account the fact that Luongo's team is so much better? It's a lot easier to put up good stats on the 1st place team as opposed to the 29th place team.

He did it in only 33 games on the best team in the league. I guarantee he wouldn't even come close to those numbers if he played 70+ games like Price does.

Quote:
Price would sit for the same reason that Luongo would sit. Schneider has been phenomenal the last two years, he has save% of 0.937 and 0.929 over the last couple of years. NOTE: Luongo's career best is 0.931 with the Panthers (recent best = 0.928 from 2010-11); Price's career and recent best is 0.923 from 2010-11.

Luongo is more proven than Price so the argument that Price would start ahead of Schneider because he's more proven is kind of pathetic and you know it.
Luongo would sit because he choked in the playoffs and lost his starting position in addition to the fact that he's getting old and declining, compared to Price whose on the rise.

How? Price has proven he can carry a team, Schneider hasn't. It's easy to put up good numbers when you're on a great team and only play every 3rd game. Price has shown he's able to play 70+ games while still putting up good numbers. He's also shown his ability to compete in big stages like the WJC and Calder Cup and has 3 All-Star appearances under his belt.

Quote:
Great, so a bunch of guys who's jobs aren't on the line are picking younger guys to make the team. Historically veterans make the team while young guys do not because in the media, youth is overrated while experience is underrated. When push comes to shove and somebody who matter's reputation is on the line the veterans usually get the call.

Look at the average age of starters for team Canada in all the most recent best on best tournaments. None were under 30.
Yes, choosing the older guy really worked well in 2010 with Brodeur.
Hopefully they've learned from their last mistake.

Quote:
The only thing you said in all that is that Price is more proven than Schneider so he would be picked ahead of him in Vancouver. We know that's a BS argument because Luongo is more proven than Price and is being pushed aside for Schneider.
And the only thing you've said is Schneider has better GAA and SV% in the VERY small sample size we have of him so far. By that argument I assume you think Brian Elliott is the best goalie in the league, right? He would clearly be your starter off stats alone. Maybe you'd be better off trading for him than Price.

Old
11-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Price can play a lot of games. He seems relaxed out there, plays an efficient game and doesn't sweat the details. It's not ideal to play more than 60 games a year but it doesn't seem to faze him.

Not all goalies are the same, look at Halak, he would get up in a lather all the time, he was running too much on adrenaline. Someone like Halak I wouldn't want to play more then 50 games during the regular season.

Old
11-08-2012, 12:26 PM
DJOpus

Quote:
Actually they picked Brodeur, although he faltered and they put in Luongo. Actually in 2011, Luongo finished 3rd in Vezina voting and Price was 5th. Also, check out the Hart voting, Price finished 7th while Luongo only finished 17th, looks like Price is a much more valuable goaltender than Luongo! And how many Vezina or Hart votes has Schneider ever gotten? Zero.
Well, GMs vote for the Veizna and media votes for the Hart...guess whose opinion I value more.

In regards to Schneider not having any votes, I guess he has as many as Price would if he was Luongo's backup.

Quote:
BTW, maybe you should give this thread a look and see what other people think : http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1275667
Really? HFBoard takes the younger guy?!? I'm shocked.

I think I'll value the opinion of the guys who actually put teams together for a living and they have shown that Luongo would go ahead of Price and at least for now, Schneider will get a chance to start ahead of Luongo.

Quote:
Did you maybe take into account the fact that Luongo's team is so much better? It's a lot easier to put up good stats on the 1st place team as opposed to the 29th place team.
Did you take into account that Luongo's team is better because he is better?

The team is structured to play all-out offense. It's the only way they can score. When Luongo arrived the team played all-out defense and barely scored winning games 2-1. Now they play all-out offense and people think the team is suddenly so much better because they score more goals.

Also, Luongo's best season statistically actually came in Florida on an absolutely terrible team that almost made the playoffs because they had Luongo.

Quote:
He did it in only 33 games on the best team in the league. I guarantee he wouldn't even come close to those numbers if he played 70+ games like Price does.
You're guarantee means jack ****. If Montreal had a decent backup, Price wouldn't even be playing 70+ games. It's not ideal to play a goalie that many games. Since the lockout only one Cup winner has had a goalie who played more than 60 games. Also, Schneider wouldn't need to come close to his stats to be better than Price, the gap in terms of save% between Schneider and Price last year is bigger than the gap between Price and Steve Mason. That's the reason Schneider has earned the chance to prove if he can do it as a starter...NOTE: This isn't a statement that Schneider is better than Price which is not something I've ever stated.

Quote:
Luongo would sit because he choked in the playoffs and lost his starting position in addition to the fact that he's getting old and declining, compared to Price whose on the rise.
I don't care whose on the rise, I want my team to win this year or next year, otherwise its time to rebuild.

Luongo's playoff choke job is better than anything Price has ever done in the playoffs....has Price ever actually had a good playoffs?

Quote:
How? Price has proven he can carry a team, Schneider hasn't. It's easy to put up good numbers when you're on a great team and only play every 3rd game. Price has shown he's able to play 70+ games while still putting up good numbers. He's also shown his ability to compete in big stages like the WJC and Calder Cup and has 3 All-Star appearances under his belt.
I think Price is good. No argument from me here. I don't care how many all-star appearances Price has though, call me when he gets nominated as a 1st of 2nd team all-NHL.

Quote:
Yes, choosing the older guy really worked well in 2010 with Brodeur.

Hopefully they've learned from their last mistake.
I'm pretty sure the guys that made the decision don't regret it for a minute. They make millions of dollars thinking the way they do about hockey and being successful and winning gold in 2010 probably won't change that. It was all over the roster, not just in goal.

Quote:
And the only thing you've said is Schneider has better GAA and SV% in the VERY small sample size we have of him so far. By that argument I assume you think Brian Elliott is the best goalie in the league, right? He would clearly be your starter off stats alone. Maybe you'd be better off trading for him than Price.
What I've said is that Schneider has earned the right to start in Vancouver over Luongo. He may falter and Luongo might win back the starters job but even if Price was parachuted into Vancouver, Schneider would still be the starter going into the season to prove whether or not he could play at that level as a starter.

That's all I've said. I didn't say Price sucks. I didn't say Luongo sucks. I didn't even say that Schneider is better than Luongo or Price.

I have said that Luongo is better than Price though. If Price is better than Luongo, he should probably prove it by actually stopping a higher percentage of shots than Luongo does...until he starts doing that, he's worse at tending the goal.

Old
11-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Frank Drebin

Quote:

no homer?

Old
11-08-2012, 12:57 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

wow, opus made this thread interesting

Closed Thread