HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Tor - Edm

Old
11-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Slatsmsg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBeLEAFInRielly View Post
Bear with me here, but my proposal is contingent on a lot of 'ifs'

If the complete season is lost to a lockout and the Leafs are awarded with the second overall pick, would you target the Edmonton Oilers as a trade partner?

Some would jump at the opportunity to draft a defender like Seth Jones. He along with Rielly would make our defensive core among the leagues best. However, we have a glaring need at the forward position, specifically center.

Would you be willing to trade down in the draft to select between 10-15 and acquire Taylor Hall in return for that second overall pick +?

Trade Proposal:
Toronto Maple Leafs trade:
2nd overall pick +

Edmonton Oilers trade:
10-15th overall pick
Taylor Hall

I chose Taylor Hall in particular as I feel Edmonton would be willing to give him up before RNH, Yakupov and Eberle. I find it difficult for the Oilers to sign all these top young forwards with a limited defensive core aside from Schultz. As for Taylor Hall, he could easily move to center Phil Kessel and perhaps Lupul. This would make our top 6 look like:
LUPUL-HALL-KESSEL
JVR-GRABO-KULEMIN

Now tell me that doesn't look sexy. Get er' done Burkie

As Oiler fans, what would the Leafs need to include in the deal in order for this deal to happen? Would you personally make this deal?

Thoughts?
Oh my

Slatsmsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Mc5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Thread should be locked. This isn't even remotely close.

Hall alone is worth much more than the 2nd overall pick. He's a 1st overall player who has looked fantastic so far (he's been injured which has caused most of HF to somehow think he's a bust).

Mc5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Sundinisagod
93 v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Don't be silly. Saying outlandish things just to try to make a point makes you look dumb. Like if I were to say "the Oilers would rather have Curtis Lazar than Jake Gardiner", you'd think I was a moron.
I didn't say anything outlandish genius. The Leafs don't need Taylor Hall, they have a similar type of player in Kessel. They also have Lupul and JVR, but their best center is Grabo...this is nothing like Lazar vs Gardiner.

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Mc5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
Maybe right now but really this is based on "potential".

To generalize I will always take the guy who can be a first line center over the guy who can be a first line winger.
When talking about stars and 1st line players, making generalizations based upon position is stupid.

As a Leafs fan, you should recognize this (your lack of centers and Kessel)

Mc5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 12:55 PM
ManByng
It's Me OilTastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post

Hall alone is worth much more than the 2nd overall pick. He's a 1st overall player who has looked fantastic so far (he's been injured which has caused most of HF to somehow think he's a bust).
or that his value is diminished. but Hall really does need to have an injury free season to prove the naysayers wrong.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 01:09 PM
tempest2i
You and Whose Army?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
Mackinnon, Barkov, Monahan hold more value to the Leafs than Hall.
That's likely true only because it would take multiple assets, in addition to a pick that could be used to draft one of those three players, to acquire Hall.

While it would only require walking to a podium and saying a name to acquire one of those three players.

tempest2i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 01:40 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
Mackinnon, Barkov, Monahan hold more value to the Leafs than Hall.
That is debatable, but how do you figure the Leafs will have a pick to draft any of these three. Do you figure the Leafs management will try to stuff the ballot box.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Nazem Rielly

I would definitely like to put this thread behind me. The overwhelming bashing on part of many was warranted

Nazem Rielly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Sundinisagod
93 v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
That is debatable, but how do you figure the Leafs will have a pick to draft any of these three. Do you figure the Leafs management will try to stuff Bettman's wallet.

The premise of the thread is if the Leafs held the 2nd overall...

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 07:07 PM
skenny999

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest2i View Post
That's likely true only because it would take multiple assets, in addition to a pick that could be used to draft one of those three players, to acquire Hall.

While it would only require walking to a podium and saying a name to acquire one of those three players.
Precisely. Draft your OWN franchise players, instead of trying to shortcut (overpay) for another team's.

/thread

skenny999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post

Really? That's what "most of HF" thinks? That Hall is a bust? Care to back up that statement?

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:17 PM
MapleLeafsFan4Ever
Go Leafs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBeLEAFInRielly View Post
Bear with me here, but my proposal is contingent on a lot of 'ifs'

If the complete season is lost to a lockout and the Leafs are awarded with the second overall pick, would you target the Edmonton Oilers as a trade partner?

Some would jump at the opportunity to draft a defender like Seth Jones. He along with Rielly would make our defensive core among the leagues best. However, we have a glaring need at the forward position, specifically center.

Would you be willing to trade down in the draft to select between 10-15 and acquire Taylor Hall in return for that second overall pick +?

Trade Proposal:
Toronto Maple Leafs trade:
2nd overall pick +

Edmonton Oilers trade:
10-15th overall pick
Taylor Hall

I chose Taylor Hall in particular as I feel Edmonton would be willing to give him up before RNH, Yakupov and Eberle. I find it difficult for the Oilers to sign all these top young forwards with a limited defensive core aside from Schultz. As for Taylor Hall, he could easily move to center Phil Kessel and perhaps Lupul. This would make our top 6 look like:
LUPUL-HALL-KESSEL
JVR-GRABO-KULEMIN

Now tell me that doesn't look sexy. Get er' done Burkie

As Oiler fans, what would the Leafs need to include in the deal in order for this deal to happen? Would you personally make this deal?

Thoughts?
I can't see the Oilers trading away Taylor Hall. Would it be nice if he could play for Toronto, obviously the answer would be yes. However I can't see that happening.

MapleLeafsFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote