HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton Boston Major blockbuster

Old
11-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty

vCash: 500
Hall =/> Seguin
Yakupov > Hamilton

Pretty easy no

Gritzky98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 02:10 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
Big no from boston. Injury prone & unproven wingers aren't what boston needs. Their current poster boy & the top d prospect in the world are what they need. And yes, i will wait until hall plays a fulk season. Others might be waiting a while too.
Roll your eyes elsewhere. Boston doesn't accept this deal at all.
^ya really!! still don't understand the mentality that says Hall is unproven. is it because he's been injured that he's unproven? or that he hasn't won a cup or even been in the playoffs that he's unproven?...27 goals in 61 games = unproven?

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 11-08-2012 at 07:59 PM. Reason: quoted deleted post
ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Oilin Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Umm this is a trade proposal thread, not a draft thread. Teams 'trade' for needs, not BPA
It's common knowledge that the team that gets the best player usually wins the trade.

Oilin Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 02:29 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
You know...deep down inside, you would do that in a heartbeat.

Thread is getting ridiculous!!!
Getting ridiculous, it was ridiculous to start out with. I can see Yakupov for Seguin+, but the Oilers have some really good D prospects in O.Klefbom and J.Schultz and I'd would love to have D.Hamilton, but not at the price of Hall.

Not a chance Boston will trade D.Hamilton, he'll be the cornerstone of their defense in the future, but Seguin is a possibility.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 02:30 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

/thread

but I want a Edmonton/Philadelphia blockbuster having Briere, Hartnell and Talbot going to Edmonton.

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 02:35 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritzky98 View Post
Hall =/> Seguin
Yakupov > Hamilton

Pretty easy no
I would say Hamilton has the edge over Yakupov and it would be safer to say they were equal in value. Hamilton may of only gone 9th overall, but his value skyrocketed after last season and from the looks of things he'll be a good one.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 02:40 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
Big no from boston. Injury prone & unproven wingers aren't what boston needs. Their current poster boy & the top d prospect in the world are what they need. And yes, i will wait until hall plays a fulk season. Others might be waiting a while too.
Roll your eyes elsewhere. Boston doesn't accept this deal at all.
Doug H is an unproven D prospect as well

oilers say no. Yakupov has a real good upside--but since the oilers drafted him he has gone from being a can;t miss kid to being a bust over night

I still take Hall over Seguin and looks like Schultz is the real deal on the blue line

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 02:54 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
EDM is not going to trade any of the following players Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yak, Schultz, and Klefbom.

The player that would interest me in BOS would be Krejci as he would be the perfect 2C for out team. Does EDM have the assets to get Krejci. I am thinking of a package of the following players:
Hemsky- Yes he has an injury history but did get the surgery done and is playing over seas healthy and producing at a high rate. He would be a very nice addition in BOS as BOS does not have a winger of his caliber.

Gagner- He would make a very nice 2C behind Bergeron and allow Seguin to continue to develop on the wing and give your team more depth.

Prospects and picks - EDM is very deep in prospects that might interest BOS; Marincin, Gernat, Lander, Pitlick, PRV to mention a few.

I would be willing to over pay for Krejci as it would fill a big need for our team.
I really don't think Boston does this deal.

It most likely won't work with the salary cap if anything changes and I don't see Boston as being interested in trading a quality for quantity.

Most teams aren't going to trade a player that they like and want on their team and have no problems with for lesser players. Teams are not going to trade good players for lesser players for no reason.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Eennad142

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Lets assume Hall and Seguin are a wash. Is there anyone out there that would take Hamilton ahead of Yakupov at this point?
Hockeys Future lists exact same ranking for both prospects. To go beyond that: One prospect is 6'6, and the other 5'10. One prospect was injured twice earlier this year, and the other was not.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/nail_yakupov/

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/doug_hamilton/

Eennad142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:05 PM
BruinsBtn

I wish the Bruins had Hall. I love Seguin and he will be the better player but Hall is more of a 'Bruin'

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:10 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
EDM is not going to trade any of the following players Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yak, Schultz, and Klefbom.

The player that would interest me in BOS would be Krejci as he would be the perfect 2C for out team. Does EDM have the assets to get Krejci. I am thinking of a package of the following players:
Hemsky- Yes he has an injury history but did get the surgery done and is playing over seas healthy and producing at a high rate. He would be a very nice addition in BOS as BOS does not have a winger of his caliber.

Gagner- He would make a very nice 2C behind Bergeron and allow Seguin to continue to develop on the wing and give your team more depth.

Prospects and picks - EDM is very deep in prospects that might interest BOS; Marincin, Gernat, Lander, Pitlick, PRV to mention a few.

I would be willing to over pay for Krejci as it would fill a big need for our team.

It took 2 pages but I knew we'd find a "Hemsky Gagner" for your top players proposal!

I dont want Hemsky..talented but too fragile & overpaid. Gagner is ok, but Boston has Krejci Bergeron Seguin Kelly Peverly who would ALL play center over him.

"Boston doesnt have a wing the caliber of Hemsky"???? Lucic Marchand Seguin Horton...I wouldnt trade either one for Hemsky..

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eennad142 View Post
Hockeys Future lists exact same ranking for both prospects. To go beyond that: One prospect is 6'6, and the other 5'10. One prospect was injured twice earlier this year, and the other was not.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/nail_yakupov/

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/doug_hamilton/
Since you referenced HF I suggest you take a look at this. http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...-nail-yakupov/

One is officially ranked higher than the other....

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:35 PM
missinthejets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
So Erik Johnson is more valuable than Jonathan Toews?

no that just goes to show that the prospect with offensive gifts is better to have than the defensive prospect. Seriously, there's a reason that more often than not it's the goal scorers going at the top of the draft and not anyone else.

missinthejets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Qrispy

Hall > Seguin
Yakupov > Hamilton

No deal.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:49 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Umm this is a trade proposal thread, not a draft thread. Teams 'trade' for needs, not BPA
Wait, you mean this isn't the draft thread?!? Colour me surprised!

I want to know if there is anyone out there who thinks Hamilton is better than Yakupov, hence the BPA comment. Forget team needs for a moment.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
Hall > Seguin
Yakupov > Hamilton

No deal.
Franchise Center
Franchise Dman
Franchise Winger

What holds more value?

Edmonton is in similar boat as Boston as far as defensive prospects are concerned, except Boston has Hamilton, Edmonton has....Klefblom (meh). B's cant afford to trade Dougie,, just cant.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:51 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
Hall > Seguin
Yakupov > Hamilton

No deal.
Wrong and wrong. Like your avatar says - deal with it.

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:51 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:

I want to know if there is anyone out there who thinks Hamilton is better than Yakupov, hence the BPA comment. Forget team needs for a moment.
Neither have played an NHL games yet, so BPA is still relevent.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:

Kind of a silly question no? Being different positions and all.. Thats like asking who's better, Ray Bourque or Steve Yzerman? Silly...

Old
11-08-2012, 03:53 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
Wrong and wrong. Like your avatar says - deal with it.
Yakupov is easily better.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
Yakupov is easily better.
Better at what exactly, scoring goals? I sure hope he is

Old
11-08-2012, 04:00 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Kind of a silly question no? Being different positions and all.. Thats like asking who's better, Ray Bourque or Steve Yzerman? Silly...
Point taken

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Qrispy

Quote:
Franchise Center
Franchise Dman
Franchise Winger

What holds more value?

Edmonton is in similar boat as Boston as far as defensive prospects are concerned, except Boston has Hamilton, Edmonton has....Klefblom (meh). B's cant afford to trade Dougie,, just cant.
1. Seguin isn't even playing center in Boston, so he would fall under "franchise winger."
2. Hamilton a franchise dman? We'll see but he hasn't done anything in a pro league and defensemen's development are harder to predict than forwards.
3. Edmonton has much better D prospect depth than Boston. They are not in a similar boat.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Yakupov has 0 goals, 0 assists for 0 points in 0 NHL games.
Hamilton has 0 goals, 0 assists for 0 points in 0 NHL games.

Unproven franchise forward
Unproven franchise defense.

They're equal in value imo.

However, Edmonton has RNH, Eberle and Hall as the same type of player as Yakupov (players with franchise potential) while they don't have any current dman, nor have any that seem to possess the potential to be a franchise dman. So, you'd be dealing from a point of strength to re-enforce a point of weakness.

Sure, Yakupov is a shiny new asset and he could be better than any of the current Oilers and you don't want to deal him without him even playing 1 game, but from a fantasy stand point it makes sense for the Oilers to do from a point of strength, to strengthen their d.

Hamilton, Klefblom, Marincin as a top 3. Probably spelt their names wrong, but that's your top 3 d at at 6'3, or taller. I believe Klefblom is 6'3. That's a massive, mobile d squad.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:55 PM
MastuhNinks

Neither team does this, but I feel like Hamilton is really being overrated around these parts. He is not a player that has the pedigree of a 1st overall pick like Yakupov, he's a great prospect but he isn't that great. Yes, he was a steal at #9, but really outside of Strome and Scheifele I don't think that there's anyone you could say he definitely should have been drafted over. So unless the 2011 draft had a ridiculous, 1984-esque amount of top-end talent, I don't think he should be valued as highly as he seems to be here (again, in a vacuum, I understand why he's important to the Bruins). Yes, he's a dominant player in the OHL right now, but he's 2 years removed from being drafted top 10 in the NHL draft, I don't think we should be that surprised by it.

MastuhNinks is offline   Reply With Quote