HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All-Purpose Bryz Thread #6

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2012, 10:19 AM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
While he was bad against the penguins, did you also notice how well either of the pens keepers did..........
And if Pittsburgh would have had a decent goalie in net, we would have been swept. Playing against a ****** goalie doesnt mean you're allowed to play like ****

Old
11-06-2012, 10:59 AM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
I dont give a damn. Just because the other guy was marginally worse doesn't excuse that performance. He got lucky the other guy just melted down worse; that rarely, if ever happens. What I care about is our guy was horrific for a playoff series and that's unacceptable.
Exactly.

Old
11-06-2012, 12:47 PM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
Quote:
Are people still pissed at the Bryz that was absolutly dominant down the stretch? The one with the flyers shut-out record and one of three players to turn up against a NJ devils side in the play-offs.
take out the month of March and the Devils series and he has backup goalie numbers. He wasnt good enough for the most part last year.
Holmgren said it best when he basically said he needs to stop acting like a clown and start doing what hes paid to do. Stop the puck.

Old
11-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
And if Pittsburgh would have had a decent goalie in net, we would have been swept. Playing against a ****** goalie doesnt mean you're allowed to play like ****
With respect to the general notion on performance you were trying to convey with your second sentence, do you not finish sentences with full stops and use apostrophes in formal letters you write (if you write any), either?

Old
11-06-2012, 01:26 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Are people still pissed at the Bryz that was absolutly dominant down the stretch? The one with the flyers shut-out record and one of three players to turn up against a NJ devils side in the play-offs.

Old
11-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
well played sir..

Old
11-06-2012, 04:57 PM
Viller

Quote:
I love Kimmo, probably my favorite Flyer Dman (save for Pronger). But that play was stupid, he could have given the puck to his defence partner around the boards (like they do 99.9% of the time) but instead elected to give it to his shaky goalie who cant handle a puck worth a ****. Hard to blame just Bryz on this one.

Old
11-06-2012, 05:00 PM
LetsGoFlyers1825

Quote:
Oh yes, 1 goal=5 games played.

Gotta love that logic.

Old
11-06-2012, 05:02 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viller View Post
I love Kimmo, probably my favorite Flyer Dman (save for Pronger). But that play was stupid, he could have given the puck to his defence partner around the boards (like they do 99.9% of the time) but instead elected to give it to his shaky goalie who cant handle a puck worth a ****. Hard to blame just Bryz on this one.
Yeah he really put Bryz on the spot.

Old
11-06-2012, 05:09 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoFlyers1825 View Post
Oh yes, 1 goal=5 games played.

Gotta love that logic.

30 sec mark is fookin horrid.

1.25 mark isn't much better but you could give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was screened.

Pretty much back to back horrid goals that turned a 1-0 lead into a 2-1 deficit.

It wouldn't be hard to find more examples if you want them.

Old
11-06-2012, 05:28 PM
LetsGoFlyers1825

Quote:

30 sec mark is fookin horrid.

1.25 mark isn't much better but you could give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was screened.

Pretty much back to back horrid goals that turned a 1-0 lead into a 2-1 deficit.

It wouldn't be hard to find more examples if you want them.
I guess you and I have different definitions or horrid. The 1st goal was stoppable, but not awful in my opinion. So that would go with the 3rd goal as well.

Let me go on the record and say that I am not a Kimmo blamer for the 2nd goal. It was a dumb play by Kimmo in the first place, yes, however Bryz has to play that better. So I am not being a major Bryz fan boy and saying none of those goal were his fault.

With that said, he was still one of better players that series. Re watching those highlights for the first time in quite a while just made me remember how awful our offense was. Frankly, 1 goal was not going to cut it. (Not to mention that the spans of play 10 minutes+ at a time where we would not get a single shot on net)

I feel like a part of Bryz's problem was people expected to much. From the start my expectation was a legit #1 starter, but nothing Rinne-esque. For as great as he can be (And as he has showed us) he just is not that good, simply put. Bryz is not the kind of guy you have bail out you team every night a la Rangers/Kings in the playoffs for not scoring goals.

And I know I side tracked way too much here, and I know I look like an idiot for rambling on about pointless thoughts, but I needed to get if off my chest.

Case in point, I like the guy. We are commited to him so I will stay optimistic.

Old
11-06-2012, 05:29 PM
RussianRocket10

^ This is one thing I didn't miss about hockey season...

Old
11-06-2012, 05:37 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:

I feel like a part of Bryz's problem was people expected to much. From the start my expectation was a legit #1 starter, but nothing Rinne-esque. For as great as he can be (And as he has showed us) he just is not that good, simply put. Bryz is not the kind of guy you have bail out you team every night a la Rangers/Kings in the playoffs for not scoring goals.
Bingo. But what did he expect. They weren't giving him a huge paycheck so he could come here and play mediocre.

He was wildly inconsistent. He had a few flash in the pan games and moments.

Overall he was mediocre at best and here in Philly we do not accept mediocre from the newbie right after we tore our team apart to bring said newbie in.

Old
11-06-2012, 05:46 PM
LetsGoFlyers1825

Quote:
Bingo. But what did he expect. They weren't giving him a huge paycheck so he could come here and play mediocre.

He was wildly inconsistent. He had a few flash in the pan games and moments.

Overall he was mediocre at best and here in Philly we do not accept mediocre from the newbie right after we tore our team apart to bring said newbie in.
I dont want to fight with you over how consistent/inconsistent he was or if the Trades of 6/23/11 were totally for Bryz, but let me ask you this.

With Bryzgalov signed longterm and no way getting rid of him in sight, wouldn't you want to stay slightly optimistic about him and hope that he plays consistently like the netminder he has shown that he can be?

Old
11-06-2012, 05:53 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
I dont want to fight with you over how consistent/inconsistent he was or if the Trades of 6/23/11 were totally for Bryz, but let me ask you this.

With Bryzgalov signed longterm and no way getting rid of him in sight, wouldn't you want to stay slightly optimistic about him and hope that he plays consistently like the netminder he has shown that he can be?
After watching him play last year, I am fully convinced he was a product of Phoenix's system.

Then viewing his stats for this year certainly doesn't make me feel any better.

Then you view Bob's stats....who was obviously going through a 2nd yr slump last season...and its enough for you to want to go punch Bryz and Synder in the face.

So no, I am not optimistic.

Old
11-06-2012, 05:57 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Then it really pisses me off that EA made virtual Bryz so life like.

That ******* is always flopping around in NHL 13.

Old
11-06-2012, 05:58 PM
LetsGoFlyers1825

Quote:
After watching him play last year, I am fully convinced he was a product of Phoenix's system.
I dont get this. I feel like whenever I see someone bring up that our defense and Lavy's system was bad for him it is an invalid excuse.

Old
11-07-2012, 04:19 PM
CSKA1974

Iliya Bryzgalov: I am happy in CSKA, I am not sure they are happy with me

Iliya Bryzgalov, who went back to the USA While Russian national team is on Eurotour, gave a phone interview to Sport- Express. ru

Q: Iliya have you parents and your wife changed their attitude toward your interviews?

IB: Well, I hope you realize it was just a joke, a “chip”, if you will. And I hope that people with the sense of humor took it for what it was.

Q: It was quite witty. But, it is really necessary to communicate with press, despite our or sometimes your complexes.

IB: Absolutely agree. I am always ready to talk hockey. Truthfully, in North America the press is spiteful, but they write about hockey mostly, and they come to you with stats and numbers, although having looked at them from certain angle. Unfortunately, it seems to me, that some of our Russian journalists are not even interested in hockey. Some of them live in their own, removed from the sport world; they write their non hockey related articles, they invent some plots and theories. In other words, it’s some unclear stream of conscious. And this stream, in my opinion, does not work for our game or our hockey. I am sorry, but that’s reality. That’s why I have decided that these people in their strange world will have to do without me and my comments.
The most insulting is that their writing does not help us to represent Russian hockey. Russia has an excellent league- KHL. The last time I played here before the lockout was 2000; it was different hockey here back then. Now the level is the highest! And, frankly, in the beginning I was not even ready to such level of the competition- I would let 4 goals in. My game has improved by November.

Q: How do you feel in the CSKA?

IB: Very comfortable. We have an excellent club, where everything has been working well- from locker room to the front office. I am very happy with the team! Not sure, they are happy with me, though (laughs).

Q: Another team mate from the NHL Michael Grabovsky is evidently happy with you. He confessed that you had sent him to the Moscow planetarium….

IB: (Laughs) Michael is confused. I advised him to go to the center where cosmonauts have been training for the flights. The cosmonauts get into really good shape in a very limited time there. That’s why I had suggested that he went there. He, as well as other NHL players, did not have a pre season. By the way, I should have gone there as well. I would, probably, have adapted faster to the Russian hockey.

Full interview will be published on Friday and I will translate it as soon as I can find time.

Last edited by CSKA1974: 11-07-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old
11-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Thanks as always for translating!

11-07-2012, 04:52 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
Thanks as always for translating!
My pleasure.

Old
11-07-2012, 07:48 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
I dont get this. I feel like whenever I see someone bring up that our defense and Lavy's system was bad for him it is an invalid excuse.
just give up arguing with somebody that hates this player. he's got poop colored glasses screwed into his head. some people just oversimplify everything , like blaming the goalie for everything, cause that's all they can comprehend. they need things dumbed down to process it.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:45 PM
MrHockey1982

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...4043--nhl.html

Here's the video of the interview. He is humongous crazy!

Old
11-08-2012, 05:55 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...4043--nhl.html

Here's the video of the interview. He is humongous crazy!
A few points:

A few posts back I translated the follow-up conversation with Bryz, where he had explained why he said what he said in that interview

Full interview will be published tomorrow by Sport-Express.ru and I will translate it as soon as I get time.

Lastly, I was surprised that my translation for HF boards was credited to Frank S. from Philly.com. I do not mind, but he should have used a professional interpreter and shoild have credited the work. I doubt that he masters Russian language enough to translate.

Old
11-08-2012, 08:06 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
A few points:

A few posts back I translated the follow-up conversation with Bryz, where he had explained why he said what he said in that interview

Full interview will be published tomorrow by Sport-Express.ru and I will translate it as soon as I get time.

Lastly, I was surprised that my translation for HF boards was credited to Frank S. from Philly.com. I do not mind, but he should have used a professional interpreter and shoild have credited the work. I doubt that he masters Russian language enough to translate.
This was credited to him on the philly.com site? That's plagiarism and it's also really stupid. What if you made some things up.

Old
11-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
What if you made some things up.
I think he should start making things up here and there, and throwing them randomly in. Then wait and see who picks it up, and expose the buffoon.

Closed Thread