HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Phoenix LXIV: Will You Still Need Me, Will You Still Read Me, on Thread LXIV?

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2012, 03:26 PM
ajmidd12
Know-It-All

vCash: 204
^ CF, your posts are godly! Absolute gold.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:47 PM
NHLfan4life
Who is PKP???

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmidd12 View Post
^ CF, your posts are godly! Absolute gold.
hmmm
Attached Images
File Type: bmp NSwinger.bmp‎ (148.1 KB, 25 views)

Old
11-08-2012, 04:01 PM
ajmidd12
Know-It-All

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLfan4life View Post
hmmm
Yeah, no. Weirdo

So how many weeks now? Feels like this is sitting in purgatory...

Last edited by ajmidd12: 11-08-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old
11-08-2012, 04:20 PM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 574
Clark on the radio said the vote on the new lease will likely take place on nov 27. Believe the mayor will try stalling the vote.

Old
11-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
Private Equity

Clark says GJ met with pro Coyotes Council members, "Upper Mgt" of Glendale and vote is coming No 27th. Said it's coming!!

Old
11-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
Private Equity

Throwing Scruggs under the bus... Lame Duck member blah blah blah... Clarkonomics... Glendale Republic coverage is bias

Risk Mgt situation is Scruggs card up her sleeve, as is hers (Clark)

Said she (Clark) has "in detail" descriptions of Agreement (thought they never had "clarity" before - must have gotten it yesterday)

Said some members want to put off vote on Coyotes till after January

You Canadian media members are "Trolls", rumor mongers, all in effort to get Coyotes to move to Canada

Emphasis mine - The Pro Coyote members are hell bent to cram this thru Nov 27th folks. They are even leaning on Skeete (she even said as much)

Says GJ is confident in is deal, Nov 20th will be the full reveal of the details to satisfy the week before vote procedure

Wants League to create a payment plan for them and confirmed the 2nd $25M is still in escrow

I'll clean this up once they punch up the podcast

Edit: - Guess I won't be. Or at least anytime soon. The stations podcasts library is really behind and even the link to these guys show podcasts you get a 404 Error. Geez....

Last edited by Major4Boarding: 11-08-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old
11-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Mightygoose
I Am Groot

vCash: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major4Boarding View Post
Clark says GJ met with pro Coyotes Council members, "Upper Mgt" of Glendale and vote is coming No 27th. Said it's coming!!
If the 27th is the date, I guess it would need to in the meeting agenda on Friday Nov 23. Since that's part of the Thansgiving weekend, would the agenda be posted on the Wednesday? (Nov 21)

Old
11-08-2012, 04:33 PM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 574
She confirms money still in escrow. Wants the NHL to offer payment plan on it.

Old
11-08-2012, 04:45 PM
cbcwpg

vCash: 350
Quote:
Emphasis mine - The Pro Coyote members are hell bent to cram this thru Nov 27th folks. They are even leaning on Skeete (she even said as much)
Interesting to see a council cram thru a $320M payment, that could bankrupt the city, when none of them are going to be around to pick up the pieces after they vote it thru.

Old
11-08-2012, 04:52 PM
ajmidd12
Know-It-All

Wow, is all I can really say. And people actually support this lady?! Good god, faith in humanity just dropped quite a bit.

*EDIT* Agree cbcwpg, I imagine she's still quite bitter that she was defeated after her cockiness basically suggested that she was a shoe-in to win... This won't get pushed through, and if it does I'm willing to bet "it" hits the fan with GWI becoming vocal in short order.

Old
11-08-2012, 04:54 PM
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
Interesting to see a council cram thru a $320M payment, that could bankrupt the city, when none of them are going to be around to pick up the pieces after they vote it thru.
I believe that it is called a "lasting legacy"

Skeete's job is to follow the COG's instructions. He is currently insrutucted to negotiate a lease with gramps GJ and the JSG. The council will then vote on the lease. With Cactus Phil's early retirement it should be a slam dunk council vote to approve the lease.

Clark, Frate, Knaack and Martinez will forever be known as visionaries in Glendale.

Old
11-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
Private Equity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
2 outgoing (Frate & Clark), 1 under threat of recall (Knaack), the other (Martinez) the lone stand in

By the way, have we had any finalization of the Sherwood/Douglas results yet?

Old
11-08-2012, 05:15 PM
cbcwpg

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues10 View Post
I believe that it is called a "lasting legacy"
I know that because people were retiring, there were seats to be filled ( ie: the Mayor ) via the election, but I have to wonder.... as a candidate and knowing whats could / will be coming down the pipe ( re: $320M gift ), why would anyone want to be elected and have that "lasting legacy" put on your plate? To me there is a really good chance that if this gets voted thru on Nov 27, things could end up really poorly for this city. And as a newly elected official, it's on you to fix it. You can only point to the previous administration for so long before people want your head on a stick.

Old
11-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:

Clark says GJ met with pro Coyotes Council members,
"Upper Mgt" of Glendale and vote is coming No 27th.

Said it's coming!!
...Im just Gobsmacked if thats true. Ramming it through,
2 outgoing, 1 recall & 1 standing Council member...

lost for words...

Old
11-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post

lost for words...

It will be quite a spectacle if they do try to push this through at the tail end of their mandates, with the incoming mayor and the majority of council members opposing it. I expect that the public session and public comments could be incendiary. I wonder if Jamison and Bettman will have the cojones to show up for it.

I expect that the manner of doing this will almost certainly invite challenges on several fronts. Those who fought against the sales tax increase, and those who supported it to mitigate public service job cuts, would seem likely to want to join with the "usual suspects" to mount a referendum campaign. I expect that the GWI will be energized to tie it up legally, particularly if this council tries to ram it through mere weeks before the new council takes their seats.

Just the fact that Jamison is meeting privately and separately with "pro-deal" council members makes this almost a certain debacle. What is he thinking?

By the way, I wonder whether he shared with his "inner circle" at the COG information about who will actually own the team, and to whom he will report.

This stuff belongs in...

Old
11-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Whileee

What occurs to me is that the COG and Jamison continue to engage in magical thinking about this process. It began with goofy ideas about a magical CFD, then we had the IEH "Fantasy Hockey Owners Camp", followed by the miraculous bond sale. Now, Jamison is pursuing his "Magical Mystery Tour", somehow thinking that they can push this deal through via backroom deals with lame duck council members in the face of considerable opposition and legal peril. Instead of these goofy shenanigans, Jamison and the NHL should develop a real, viable deal and present that to Glendale for a reasonable partnership. Unless they do that quickly, I'm afraid this house of cards is going to come crashing down very soon.

Old
11-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Conflicted Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasualFan View Post
She's right. It was an elaborate work pulled off by a shadowy syndicate that is determined to destroy the Phoenix Coyotes. We know it includes the evil Canadian media, Goldwater, local hit pieces, a bridge burning backstabbing mayor, collusion by attorney general and judges, plus the phantom menace of the Phoenix Monarch Group.

This is definitely not just the logical turnover of one small town council after they approved a series of disastrous financial decisions the decimated the budget. It's much bigger than that, so put down Occum's Razor before you cut yourself. This is a multi-level, international conspiracy. And everyone is in on it. The fate of the Coyotes is a critical issue for everyone on the entire planet. They are not just a struggling entertainment business in an untenable market.

I made a call so we can get to the bottom of this once and for all. My friends are on the way. Look:

The most entertaining post in this thread thus far

Old
11-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
Private Equity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Just the fact that Jamison is meeting privately and separately with "pro-deal" council members makes this almost a certain debacle. What is he thinking?
I'm going to assume that he also met with Tindall, or that Tindall was part of the contingent

It says a lot, Whilee. To me all it says is that without the subsidy (in it's large form) that it's not tenable. Hence only meeting with those who can attempt to punch this through.

By the way, I've heard some really bad local sports shows but these clowns Clark was on with by far have catapulted to the top of my list of "Huh?"

They just said... San Diego can kiss their team goodbye (Chargers). Newly elected Democratic mayor there has said publicly "No sweetheart deal" on their proposed new stadium yet in their own back yard (Tempe/Phoenix v~v Glendale Market) Weiers says Glendale's not a cash register and ... ah hell, never mind...

Speaking of which... for your listening pleasure

http://www.azsportstalk.com/

Last edited by Major4Boarding: 11-08-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old
11-08-2012, 06:29 PM
aqib

Quote:
Originally Posted by preissingg View Post
I assume Ms. Clark defines "trolls" as anyone who disagrees with her positions on political issues.

Especially hispanics.
Now I have been critical of Clark and basically everyone in the State of Arizona to the point of being called mean-spirited, so it may come as a shock that I am stepping up and defending her here.

Working on a campaign is exhausting, physically, mentally, and emotionally. the last 2 weeks you are probably averaging 4-5 hours of sleep a night and that dwindles down further on Get Out The Vote Weekend. Election day itself you are up before the polls open and you are on your feet until they close. If you are running in a local race with no polling data you have no idea if you are going to win or lose so that adds one layer of stress. If you think you are probably going to lose you have to go through the motions and act like you have a chance which is even more draining.

So at the end of election night you are so worn out you need a break. These days politics have gotten so much nastier in the US people that people can no longer be civil to someone they disagree with. Therefore I can understand why at the end of the election she would take a day off from dealing with people. Lets not forget that Glendale City Council isn't a power position. Its not like she was in Congress or something like that. She has been making something like $10K a year for a second full time job. There is no perks to being in suburban council other than love of community. Lets cut her a break on this one thing

Old
11-08-2012, 06:41 PM
checkerdome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post

lost for words...

How do you foresee this playing out, Killion?

Old
11-08-2012, 07:03 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by preissingg View Post
How do you foresee this playing out, Killion?
Before or after he vaporizes the earth with an in-orbit ion cannon?

Either way: Coyotes probably still in purgatory.

Old
11-08-2012, 07:23 PM
OthmarAmmann
Money making machine

Quote:

Says GJ is confident in is deal, Nov 20th will be the full reveal of the details to satisfy the week before vote procedure
Quote:
2 outgoing (Frate & Clark), 1 under threat of recall (Knaack), the other (Martinez) the lone stand in
strategic

Old
11-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Morgoth Bauglir
Master Of The Fates

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Before or after he vaporizes the earth with an in-orbit ion cannon?

Either way: Coyotes probably still in purgatory.
That's a Nuetronium 235 Space Modulator.

Old
11-08-2012, 07:32 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintPatrick33 View Post
That's a Nuetronium 235 Space Modulator.
Coulda sworn it was the entry-level 135 model... nice to see someone splurging on nice things. Economy's looking better and better!

Old
11-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Morgoth Bauglir
Master Of The Fates

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Coulda sworn it was the entry-level 135 model... nice to see someone splurging on nice things. Economy's looking better and better!

No kidding Hey, it's always better to get a starter kit and see if you like it's destructive capabilities

Closed Thread