HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The All Purpose Lu Thread (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-08-2012, 07:00 PM
  #701
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
I'll try another crack at it...

To Van:
Kadri
Frattin/Biggs
Blacker/Franson
2nd in 2013

To Tor:
Luongo
Kassian
You want us to throw in our best prospect too for Kadri a second rounder and some lower level prospects?
How about we counter with Rielly instead of Kadri.

vanwest is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 07:01 PM
  #702
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Potato
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,976
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
I'll try another crack at it...

To Van:
Kadri
Frattin/Biggs
Blacker/Franson
2nd in 2013

To Tor:
Luongo
Kassian
So the Canucks give up the two best players in the deal and get...where's the part where the Leafs give up something worth Luongo + Kassian?

__________________

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 07:05 PM
  #703
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
So the Canucks give up the two best players in the deal and get...where's the part where the Leafs give up something worth Luongo + Kassian?
Kassian hasn't done a thing in the NHL as of yet. IMO, he's a project.

DougGilmour93 is online now  
Old
11-08-2012, 07:05 PM
  #704
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,535
vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
I'll try another crack at it...

To Van:
Kadri
Frattin/Biggs
Blacker/Franson
2nd in 2013

To Tor:
Luongo
Kassian
You know that part about not ripping each other off? You're failing at it.

Bourne Endeavor is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 07:06 PM
  #705
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,535
vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Kassian hasn't done a thing in the NHL as of yet. IMO, he's a project.
Neither has Rielly. So... project for project, right?

Bourne Endeavor is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 07:13 PM
  #706
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Kassian hasn't done a thing in the NHL as of yet. IMO, he's a project.
And Kadri, Frattin/Biggs, Franson/Blacker and the 2nd are all established stars?
Talk about overrating your prospects. I'd consider that package for Luongo alone if nothing better was available.

vanwest is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 07:15 PM
  #707
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
You know that part about not ripping each other off? You're failing at it.
Once you realize that Luongo pretty much has negative value, not to mention Gillis has no leverage whatsoever than we can talk, til than, you'll be on my ignore.
Good day to you.

DougGilmour93 is online now  
Old
11-08-2012, 07:16 PM
  #708
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Potato
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,976
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Kassian hasn't done a thing in the NHL as of yet. IMO, he's a project.
You know who else hasn't done a thing in the NHL?
Kadri, Frattin, Biggs, Blacker, and your 2nd round pick.

Oh wait, sorry, I forgot that all Leafs' prospects are the best prospects in the world and will all turn out to be top 6 forwards/top 4 d-men in the NHL.

Nuckles is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 07:17 PM
  #709
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Potato
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,976
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Once you realize that Luongo pretty much has negative value, not to mention Gillis has no leverage whatsoever than we can talk, til than, you'll be on my ignore.
Good day to you.
If Luongo has negative value, why would you want him?
HF boards logic.

Nuckles is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 07:20 PM
  #710
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,535
vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Once you realize that Luongo pretty much has negative value, not to mention Gillis has no leverage whatsoever than we can talk, til than, you'll be on my ignore.
Good day to you.
You know, except he doesn't and this thread, among others, has gone into lengths as to why, but sure, toss me on that list. Forgive me if I do not lose any sleep over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
If Luongo has negative value, why would you want him?
HF boards logic.
Didn't you hear? He's a Canuck, therefore he sucks.

Bourne Endeavor is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 07:22 PM
  #711
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,227
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Once you realize that Luongo pretty much has negative value, not to mention Gillis has no leverage whatsoever than we can talk, til than, you'll be on my ignore.
Good day to you.
Well we don't want to burden your team with Luongo then. If you think Luongo has negative value then why would you even want him? We'll be happy holding on to him then. Thanks for your time.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 07:23 PM
  #712
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Once you realize that Luongo pretty much has negative value, not to mention Gillis has no leverage whatsoever than we can talk, til than, you'll be on my ignore.
Good day to you.
Yeah when you have Scrivens and Reimer in net you're in the drivers' seat. Guess we'll have to find a team who needs a great starting goalie then to trade with.

vanwest is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 07:29 PM
  #713
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,227
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Yeah when you have Scrivens and Reimer in net you're in the drivers' seat. Guess we'll have to find a team who needs a great starting goalie then to trade with.
I still find this logic hilarious:

Gillis has 2 starting goalies, has several teams interested, doesn't have either goalie demanding to be traded or else they would hold out, has both goalies locked up long-term, and has no immediate salary cap pressures. Yet he has no leverage....that's funny.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 07:32 PM
  #714
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I still find this logic hilarious:

Gillis has 2 starting goalies, has several teams interested, doesn't have either goalie demanding to be traded or else they would hold out, has both goalies locked up long-term, and has no immediate salary cap pressures. Yet he has no leverage....that's funny.
I'm starting to wonder if we shouldn't trade both Luongo and Schneider while we can.
What if Eddie Lack turns out to be the real deal and we're screwed again having both Lack and Schneider. We could be in deep trouble again! Oh for the good old days when we just had Cloutier and didn't have to worry about all of this.

vanwest is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 07:34 PM
  #715
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,227
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
I'm starting to wonder if we shouldn't trade both Luongo and Schneider while we can.
What if Eddie Lack turns out to be the real deal and we're screwed again having both Lack and Schneider. We could be in deep trouble again! Oh for the good old days when we just had Cloutier and didn't have to worry about all of this.
Lack's a good prospect, that's negative value right there. I'm thinking we should let all of our goalies go, and then explain to Rangers fans why they have to trade us Henrik Lundqvist because he has no value. I'm thinking we should be able to get last years Vezina winner for Dale Weise, Yann Sauve, Prabh Rai and a 2nd round pick.

Hopefully through these examples people will realize how ridiculous some other statements are.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 07:34 PM
  #716
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Well we don't want to burden your team with Luongo then. If you think Luongo has negative value then why would you even want him? We'll be happy holding on to him then. Thanks for your time.
Have fun holding on to him and the negative moral it will cost in your dressing room. Oh ya and the extra 5.333 million it will cost you each year over the next 10 years.

I'm sure you guys couldn't use that extra cap space to bring in help you could actual use to compete for the cup.

What I offered was more than anyone else has offered from what I gather in this thread. Forgive me if I'm mistaken.

DougGilmour93 is online now  
Old
11-08-2012, 07:40 PM
  #717
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
I'll try another crack at it...

To Van:
Kadri
Frattin/Biggs
Blacker/Franson
2nd in 2013

To Tor:
Luongo
Kassian
I would consider that for Luo...if you want Kassian be prepared to give up Gardiner or Reily

Seatoo is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 07:43 PM
  #718
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
I would consider that for Luo...if you want Kassian be prepared to give up Gardiner or Reily
Well, what would you substitute in for Kassian?

DougGilmour93 is online now  
Old
11-08-2012, 07:45 PM
  #719
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,885
vCash: 500
Based on your offer?


Not a damn thing. I would remove him completely and add nothing.

Seatoo is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 07:46 PM
  #720
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Based on your offer?


Not a damn thing.


Well, you wouldn't get all that for Luongo, that's for sure....lol

DougGilmour93 is online now  
Old
11-08-2012, 07:50 PM
  #721
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Lack's a good prospect, that's negative value right there. I'm thinking we should let all of our goalies go, and then explain to Rangers fans why they have to trade us Henrik Lundqvist because he has no value. I'm thinking we should be able to get last years Vezina winner for Dale Weise, Yann Sauve, Prabh Rai and a 2nd round pick.

Hopefully through these examples people will realize how ridiculous some other statements are.
Logic? Sir please cease and desist immeaditly Toronto may implode if you dont stop, THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Toronto fans need to read this above quote over and over until the point sinks in.

Seatoo is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 07:51 PM
  #722
FAMOUSfin
Registered User
 
FAMOUSfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Well, what would you substitute in for Kassian?
Schroeder/Rodin. Not crazy about Kadri so here are some of our prospects I'm not totally crazy about. Any deal involving Kassian with Kadri as the centerpiece coming back is a non-starter.

FAMOUSfin is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 07:57 PM
  #723
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAMOUSfin View Post
Schroeder/Rodin. Not crazy about Kadri so here are some of our prospects I'm not totally crazy about. Any deal involving Kassian with Kadri as the centerpiece coming back is a non-starter.
What about Jensen?

DougGilmour93 is online now  
Old
11-08-2012, 07:59 PM
  #724
FAMOUSfin
Registered User
 
FAMOUSfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
What about Jensen?
Even worse. He's been tearing up the SEL and in my mind is even more valuable than Kassian.

FAMOUSfin is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 07:59 PM
  #725
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,816
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
What about Jensen?
Jensen for Kadri is a wash, and I think both teams would prefer their own prospects. That leaves Frattin/Biggs, Franson/Blacker, and a 2nd. All of which do little to nothing for our team now or in the future. They're all throw ins.

Vankiller Whale is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.