HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton Boston Major blockbuster

Old
11-08-2012, 03:58 PM
cashman rules*

vCash: 500
Thought a leaf fan started this oneGonna cost ya Hall for Dougie straight up and you can keep your russian btw,lock er down.Your only gonna have a certain time base to make a run for the cup and your defence is terrible btw.

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Franchise Center
Franchise Dman
Franchise Winger

What holds more value?

Edmonton is in similar boat as Boston as far as defensive prospects are concerned, except Boston has Hamilton, Edmonton has....Klefblom (meh). B's cant afford to trade Dougie,, just cant.
Hamiltons a franchise D man?

Only Seguin, Hall, and Yakupov have franchise potential

Gritzky98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:17 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
You know...deep down inside, you would do that in a heartbeat.

Thread is getting ridiculous!!!
If you were more familiar with the Bruins you would know your wrong. Deep down I think you might.

dredeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:18 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritzky98 View Post

Not sure why that's viewed as an overstatement. Is it because he's not an Oilers prospect?

Old
11-08-2012, 04:18 PM
GamingGiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I doubt Edmonton would trade half their core(including their future captain) and Hamilton is seen as a Chara-replacement in the future.
But the players that EDM would be getting back are core players as well.

GamingGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:21 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingGiant View Post
But the players that EDM would be getting back are core players as well.
And worse than what their giving up...

This thread just needs to be closed. It's absolutely ridiculous to say the least

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:23 PM
KidLine93

Quote:
Franchise Center
Franchise Dman
Franchise Winger

What holds more value?

Edmonton is in similar boat as Boston as far as defensive prospects are concerned, except Boston has Hamilton, Edmonton has....Klefblom (meh). B's cant afford to trade Dougie,, just cant.
Uhhh...Klefbom made first line all-star team at the world juniors and was arguably the most valuable player to sweden (tournament champions) in the tournament.....Hamiltion was not....plus since when has Hamilton proved to be a "Franchise Defenseman". 9th overall pick, played great in juniors, made WJHC. Very big. Sounds a lot like Jared Cowan to me.

Franchise Winger>average #1 Defenseman

KidLine93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:31 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidLine93 View Post
Uhhh...Klefbom made first line all-star team at the world juniors and was arguably the most valuable player to sweden (tournament champions) in the tournament.....Hamiltion was not....plus since when has Hamilton proved to be a "Franchise Defenseman". 9th overall pick, played great in juniors, made WJHC. Very big. Sounds a lot like Jared Cowan to me.

LOL. So because players have a few similarities that means they're the same? That's like the Leaf fan who said Hamilton might have Cody Franson's upside. Why don't you compare Hamilton and Cowen's seasons after getting drafted in Juniors?

Did Cowen go over PPG? Nope. (Hamilton- 72 points in 50 GP. Cowen- 30 points in 59 GP.)
Was Cowen named the best Defenseman of his league? Nope. (09-10 WHL Defenseman of the Year was Tyson Barrie. Meanwhile Hamilton named the top Defenseman last year in all of the CHL.)

But they're both big and played well after getting drafted in the same point, so I guess they're identical. Let's just ignore the much higher offensive upside Hamilton possesses.

By the way, I said originally that I thought Edmonton shouldn't give up Yakupov.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Boston isnt deep enough at center
Boston is probably one of the deepest teams down the middle...

Patrice Bergeron
David krejci
Chris Kelly

With the option of having Marchand or Seguin play C.
Not to many NHL teams are that deep.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Ice Whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballershotcaller12 View Post
Stud dman prospect > stud forward prospect
Not when one prospect is better than the other despite their positions. Yakupov is a better prospect than Hamilton, there is no denying that but I agree with you that Hamilton fits the bruins better because they lack that potential top 2 defencemen.

For arguments sake, lets say Hall=Seguin (although I think Hall is the better player and will be and I'm sure Bruins fans think Seguin will be the better player, that's an argument for another time) and then you have Yakupov>Hamilton. The Oilers are giving up more than the Bruins in this deal but both sides say no.

Quote:
Franchise Center
Franchise Dman
Franchise Winger

What holds more value?

First of all, Seguin hasn't even been playing center in Boston. I love how in certain proposals where other teams make an offer for Krejci or Bergeron, Bruins fans are quick to point out that they don't need to trade either of them because Seguin is playing wing and they would prefer to keep that way, yet in the Hall vs Seguin comparisons, Seguin is considered a franchise center.

Also, Edmonton actually does have defensive prospects and aren't in the same boat as Boston. Klefbom isn't even our best prospect, it's Schultz. The guy that has 6 goals and 15 points in 10 games in the AHL, also won player of the month. Klefbom, who you seem to think is a "meh" prospect is actually one of the top defencemens on his team in the SEL. He also was named top defencemen in the World Juniors. He has the potential to be a top 2 defencemen and the Oilers are letting him develop.

Ice Whole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 06:33 PM
skenny999

All 4 players will be great players by the time their careers are over.

Hall=Seguin, Yakupov > Hamilton

YES Hamilton is wonderful and any team would drool over the thought of having him. Nevertheless trades don't occur in a vacuum. The B's don't have the D prospects to let him go. The Oil don't have multiple future 40 goal scorers waiting in line in their prospect pool in order to let Yakupov go.

What the Oil DO have is several D prospects who are a few years away but could possibly make the grade someday.

Fun thought to entertain but both teams give a resounding NO due to team needs.

skenny999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
Hall >/= Seguin
Yakupov >> Hamilton

Why in the world do the Oilers do this exactly?

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Horton Hears A Woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritzky98 View Post

nothing new edmonton players are better then yours....... try making the playoffs if hamiliton not a franchise d man prospect then who is.

and i would rather have hamiliton then a 5 foot 10 russian who already has injuries
plus seguin and hall are equal at this point.

Horton Hears A Woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Eennad142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Hall >/= Seguin
Yakupov >> Hamilton
Why in the world do the Oilers do this exactly?
Hamilton > Yakupov. Rather easy to type that up. Don't ask for specifics. How in the world?

Eennad142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 07:06 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidLine93 View Post

There is nothing average about D.Hamilton and was the highest scoring D in the 2012 WJC. He was a steal at the 9th and he really blossomed offensively last year and his value jumped. Would take either one without a question. D.Hamilton could be the better all around D, he is way better offensively and is more physical. Would be a tough pick between the two, Klefbom maybe more along in development due to playing in the SEL.

Would take a D.Hamilton over a Yakupov any day.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 07:25 PM
A91

So 2 first overall picks for a "center" in Seguin and a D prospect in Hamilton ? There's a reason Hall went #1, and there's a reason that Hamilton dropped in his draft. Hall and Seguin are pretty even (pains me to say it, but at this point slight edge to Seguin) , and in no way is Hamilton even close to matching Yakupovs value. Sorry, but I'm positive Boston would take this, good Defenseman are easier to aqquire than elite forwards.

And yes I'm aware my name is Hall04

A91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 07:41 PM
MastuhNinks

I feel like people thinking Hamilton > Yakupov, or even that he is equal, need to remember a guy named David Rundblad.

He got the 'hockeys future prospect of the year' treatment, he was the SEL defender of the year (far more prestigious than a junior award) with one of the most dominant seasons in the history of the league. He was hyped like crazy, he was (and is) considered an excellent defensive prospect, probably moreso than Hamilton, and what was he worth? A highly underachieving 3rd overall pick who wanted out of town. Oh no wait, his former team actually had to add a 2nd round pick to that trade.

If you think for a second that Hamilton is equal to Yakupov, someone who was just drafted 1st overall, and is scoring above a point per game in the best hockey league in the World playing right now, you're crazy.

MastuhNinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 07:46 PM
KidLine93

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
LOL. So because players have a few similarities that means they're the same? That's like the Leaf fan who said Hamilton might have Cody Franson's upside. Why don't you compare Hamilton and Cowen's seasons after getting drafted in Juniors?

Did Cowen go over PPG? Nope. (Hamilton- 72 points in 50 GP. Cowen- 30 points in 59 GP.)
Was Cowen named the best Defenseman of his league? Nope. (09-10 WHL Defenseman of the Year was Tyson Barrie. Meanwhile Hamilton named the top Defenseman last year in all of the CHL.)

But they're both big and played well after getting drafted in the same point, so I guess they're identical. Let's just ignore the much higher offensive upside Hamilton possesses.

By the way, I said originally that I thought Edmonton shouldn't give up Yakupov.
My point was that he's basically bashing Klefbom when the last time they played each other Klefbom out performed him, plus since they feel the need to talk as if Hamilton is so much more valuable than Yakupov I was pointing out a player of similar accolades to Hamilton is by no means a franchise defenseman...oh and how have the past CHL defensemen of the year turned out??...i just looked at the list and noticed no franchise defensemen since 1992, yet when i look at the list of 1st overall picks they tend to turn out like studs... The Hall/Seguin arguments are understandable. Hamilton Yakupov comparisons seem a bit ridiculous

KidLine93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 07:47 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Now that I'm sober, I guess I could say something sensible.

Hall isn't the most untouchable player on the Oilers, but at the same time, he is.

If Hall's in a proposal I'm expecting something like Weber in return. Yes, that's a huge holymotherofgod of an overpayment, but that's the price.

The Oilers are twice as good with him in the line-up. I love his attitude when he's doing an interview. He's a natural born leader because he wants to win so badly. He doesn't take nights off. There's nothing to dislike about him other than the fact that he needs to put on a few more pounds to further avoid injury.

He's going nowhere. Hall >>>>>>>>> Seguin to me.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Takashi

Hall = Seguin
Yakupov > Hamilton

Takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Eennad142

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
I feel like people thinking Hamilton > Yakupov, or even that he is equal, need to remember a guy named David Rundblad.
He got the 'hockeys future prospect of the year' treatment, he was the SEL defender of the year (far more prestigious than a junior award) with one of the most dominant seasons in the history of the league. He was hyped like crazy, he was (and is) considered an excellent defensive prospect, probably moreso than Hamilton, and what was he worth? A highly underachieving 3rd overall pick who wanted out of town. Oh no wait, his former team actually had to add a 2nd round pick to that trade.
If you think for a second that Hamilton is equal to Yakupov, someone who was just drafted 1st overall, and is scoring above a point per game in the best hockey league in the World playing right now, you're crazy.
Anyone who believes that 2012 top ten draft even comes close to 2011, is both drunk and crazy. Yakupov would not have been drafted top 4 last year, and Hamilton certainly would not have dropped to #9 this year. It's all relative.

2011 NHL draft Hopkins-Landeskog-Huberdeau-Larsson-Strome-Zibanejad-Scheifele-Couturier-Hamilton-Brodin.

2012 NHL draft Yakupov-Murray-Galchenyuk-Reinhart-Rielly-Lindholm-Dumba-Pouliot-Trouba-Forsberg.

Last edited by Eennad142: 11-08-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Eennad142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 08:29 PM
PayItForward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eennad142 View Post
Anyone who believes that 2012 top ten draft even comes close to 2011, is both drunk and crazy. Yakupov would not have been drafted top 4 last year, and Hamilton certainly would not have dropped to #8 this year. It's all relative.

2011 NHL draft Hopkins-Landeskog-Huberdeau-Larsson-Strome-Zibanejad-Scheifele-Couturier-Hamilton-Brodin.

2012 NHL draft Yakupov-Murray-Galchenyuk-Reinhart-Rielly-Lindholm-Dumba-Pouliot-Trouba-Forsberg.
He's drafted top 4 easily in 2011. He's (arguably) the best prospect in the world right now.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 08:42 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Now that I'm sober, I guess I could say something sensible.

Hall isn't the most untouchable player on the Oilers, but at the same time, he is.

If Hall's in a proposal I'm expecting something like Weber in return. Yes, that's a huge holymotherofgod of an overpayment, but that's the price.

The Oilers are twice as good with him in the line-up. I love his attitude when he's doing an interview. He's a natural born leader because he wants to win so badly. He doesn't take nights off. There's nothing to dislike about him other than the fact that he needs to put on a few more pounds to further avoid injury.

He's going nowhere. Hall >>>>>>>>> Seguin to me.
LOL this is your sober post. You like that Hall is good in interviews. I guess that explains all the > in his favour. That's priceless.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:41 PM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
No thanks from a Boston POV.

Seguin is doing just fine as a Bruin and I'd rather keep the player that is the natural center. Dougie Hamilton fills a much larger need for the B's than either Hall or Yakupov. The deal just doesn't address a need and makes zero sense for Boston .

The value is certainly close and I can see how arguments could be made by either side though.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:44 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
And worse than what their giving up...

This thread just needs to be closed. It's absolutely ridiculous to say the least
Just like your post?

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote