HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Sens Lounge L | Sandy blew my dog.....away | Can't think of a sub-title Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray

vCash: 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
I can't even draw that well.

Old
11-08-2012, 07:33 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
My midterm report card:

English - 78
Math - 79
Business - 81
Art - 57
That looks like my first term report card except switch math to a 57 and geography to 79.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabman0508 View Post
I took music over art. I never regretted it. Also, I can help with math and science and the like whenever you need it.
Crestwood Drama 2012/2012

Drama is honestly the best part of the day. Better then when school gets out. I love it.

Old
11-08-2012, 07:42 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
That looks like my first term report card except switch math to a 57 and geography to 79.

Crestwood Drama 2012/2012

Drama is honestly the best part of the day. Better then when school gets out. I love it.
You have geography class?

Old
11-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray

I wouldn't be able to do drama. I'm the kind of kid who just sits around in class and doesn't say anything. I'm incredibly shy.

Old
11-08-2012, 07:43 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Agree with RKL

Drama

Music

ART

Old
11-08-2012, 07:44 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Quote:
I wouldn't be able to do drama. I'm the kind of kid who just sits around in class and doesn't say anything. I'm incredibly shy.
Just get a girl for a week or so, you'll know how to act. Especially drama!

Old
11-08-2012, 07:47 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
You have geography class?
In grade 9, yes.

I should have said that the marks I posted were from my grade 9 first term. I'll post mine when I get them this week or next for you guys to admire.

My English teacher wants me to go to English Honours. I'll give her that I'm a better writer in real life than I am on HF but still.. wtf?

Old
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post

Edited. Cruel, even for me.

Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post

It's not as easy as you make it sound.

Old
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Andrew Luck is ****ing amazing... Wow.

Looooooooooooool, girls don't help. You need like a fight to get you pumped up. I'm kiddin, haha. Gimme 1300 bucks and I'll give you best lessons needed for that social confidence. That was an Arrested Development, reference but just 10 bucks will do.

Old
11-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Patvolcom65
@Patvolcom65

Quote:
I understand you. I was like that..well Im still like that it's just that my retarded side beat my shyness.

Old
11-08-2012, 07:53 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Andrew Luck is ****ing amazing... Wow.

Looooooooooooool, girls don't help. You need like a fight to get you pumped up. I'm kiddin, haha. Gimme 1300 bucks and I'll give you best lessons needed for that social confidence. That was an Arrested Development, reference but just 10 bucks will do.
I'm laughing and I don't know why.

Old
11-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Saabman0508
Harb Quote Count: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
speaking of which, can you explain to me the bohr rutherford model of an atom please?
I'd be happy to. I'm not sure how much detail you are looking for so I guess I'll just give you a basic description and if you have more questions I can answer them after.

Basically you have the nucleus of the atom, which contains the protons and neutrons of the atom. Around the nucleus are "orbitals" kind of like the rings around Saturn. On these orbitals are the electrons. There are different numbers of electrons on each orbital. The easiest way to figure out how many is by looking at the periodic table. The first row has 2 elements, so those two elements have one orbital (first row) with up to two electrons. Hydrogen (first element) will have 1 and Helium (second element) will have 2. The second row elements will have 2 orbitals. The first will be full (2 electrons) and the second will have up to 8 electrons. For example, Carbon, the 6th element and 4th in the second row, will have 6 electrons, 2 in its first orbital and 4 in its second.

I realize that this can be a lot to take in depending on your base of knowledge so I apologize if I have used any jargon or gone over your head with anything. If you do need me to clarify anything I would be more than happy to.

Also, I have not had to do anything with bohr rutherford models in a number of years and am going off memory. I am almost positive what I have there is correct, but if I forgot something please let me know.

Old
11-08-2012, 07:57 PM
18Hossa

vCash: 232
Quote:
I'd be happy to. I'm not sure how much detail you are looking for so I guess I'll just give you a basic description and if you have more questions I can answer them after.

Basically you have the nucleus of the atom, which contains the protons and neutrons of the atom. Around the nucleus are "orbitals" kind of like the rings around Saturn. On these orbitals are the electrons. There are different numbers of electrons on each orbital. The easiest way to figure out how many is by looking at the periodic table. The first row has 2 elements, so those two elements have one orbital (first row) with up to two electrons. Hydrogen (first element) will have 1 and Helium (second element) will have 2. The second row elements will have 2 orbitals. The first will be full (2 electrons) and the second will have up to 8 electrons. For example, Carbon, the 6th element and 4th in the second row, will have 6 electrons, 2 in its first orbital and 4 in its second.

I realize that this can be a lot to take in depending on your base of knowledge so I apologize if I have used any jargon or gone over your head with anything. If you do need me to clarify anything I would be more than happy to.

Also, I have not had to do anything with bohr rutherford models in a number of years and am going off memory. I am almost positive what I have there is correct, but if I forgot something please let me know.
Thanks, Just needed a little clarification as I kind of zoned out during the lesson. Thank you.

Old
11-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Saabman0508

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
Thanks, Just needed a little clarification as I kind of zoned out during the lesson. Thank you.
Anytime. I'm always happy to help.

Old
11-08-2012, 07:58 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

Quote:

Debating on writing this down to put in my binder..

Old
11-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Saabman0508

Quote:
Debating on writing this down to put in my binder..

Print screen. Or just copy paste into word.

Old
11-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Sovereign
sic parvis magna

I just choked my toilet out....again.

Old
11-08-2012, 08:01 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

Quote:

Print screen. Or just copy paste into word.
My teacher sends us electronic notes and I'll write it down off the computer. I think I learn better when I've written it down once or twice myself. It's burnt into my brain that way.

Old
11-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Saabman0508

Quote:
My teacher sends us electronic notes and I'll print it off the computer. I think I learn better when I've written it down once or twice myself. It's burnt into my brain that way.
Same for me.

You haven't asked for science help in a while. How is that going? You started the physics unit yet? That kills most people as far as I remember.

Old
11-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Terrence
Registered Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
TIME FOR ANDREW LUCK TO DO HIS TING! COLTS BABY!

Btw, Drama>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>music/art

99 in grade 12.
Drama is where it's at.

11-08-2012, 08:09 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

Quote:
Same for me.

You haven't asked for science help in a while. How is that going? You started the physics unit yet? That kills most people as far as I remember.
My teacher went a big rant about how we need to try harder, and how the conservation of mass will never matter to us in real life, but the work ethic we develop will matter in the real world, and then asked the class who they think has the best work ethic, and apparently it was me. After that something clicked and I started getting everything he was teaching. It was really strange.

I'm actually enjoying school more right now than I ever have. Probably because I do all my work in class so never have homework and am getting better grades than I've ever gotten in my life.

Grade 10 has been a weird year because I'm the polar opposite from last year.

Old
11-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Patvolcom65
@Patvolcom65

Quote:
My teacher went a big rant about how we need to try harder, and how the conservation of mass will never matter to us in real life, but the work ethic we develop will matter in the real world, and then asked the class who they think has the best work ethic, and apparently it was me. After that something clicked and I started getting everything he was teaching. It was really strange.

I'm actually enjoying school more right now than I ever have. Probably because I do all my work in class so never have homework and am getting better grades than I've ever gotten in my life.

Grade 10 has been a weird year because I'm the polar opposite from last year.
You can blame the lockout.

Old
11-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
My averages right now

Business Fundamentals - 98%
Marketing - 96%
Math - 85%
Accounting - 99%
Communication - 94%
Human Resources - 84%

I was taking things seriously until I learned that the other math program gets a bonus mark for highlighting their answers

Old
11-08-2012, 08:12 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patvolcom65 View Post
You can blame the lockout.
Wow Pat, I've never thought about it but there probably is a correlation between the two.

Closed Thread