HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Was the Vancouver Canucks "wussiness" great over exaggerated?

Old
11-07-2012, 12:19 PM
WBC8

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
So based on the knowledge I am reading here...

Lucic is an obvious wuss for letting Laraque make him look like a chicken****...

Ward is a wuss for not going after Scott Walker in game 7....

Bergeron is a wuss for never making Randy Jones pay for his cheap shot?

I don't follow. Sedin just isn't wired that way I guess. Luckily he didn't, Marchand may have gotten a suspension for instigating a fight in under 5 minutes..

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 12:25 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry View Post
Irrelevant since none of their teammates stood up for them either. I don't expect David Krejci to fight either (even though he has and probably would), but I sure expect someone to jump in if someone was using his head for a speedbag, a la Marchand - Sedin.

This forum would have imploded if that scene had happened to Kessel when he was a Bruin and nobody did anything about it.
Game 6 of the SC finals... Don't think you can take an instigator there in the final 5 minutes...too risky...

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Game 6 of the SC finals... Don't think you can take an instigator there in the final 5 minutes...too risky...
You don't necessarily have to fight to intervene when someone is speedbagging your star player's jaw. Get in there, push him, facewash him, make him back down. It's Brad Marchand... he isn't very likely to drop the gloves with you.

Dogberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 01:15 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
So based on the knowledge I am reading here...

Lucic is an obvious wuss for letting Laraque make him look like a chicken****...

Ward is a wuss for not going after Scott Walker in game 7....

Bergeron is a wuss for never making Randy Jones pay for his cheap shot?

I don't follow. Sedin just isn't wired that way I guess. Luckily he didn't, Marchand may have gotten a suspension for instigating a fight in under 5 minutes..
All of those incidents that you cite are radically different. I don't know why you're even bringing them up, but if you wish, let's examine them:

1. Laraque vs. Lucic. As I recall this (I could be wrong, if someone wants to look up the particulars), Laraque spent a good part of his time on the ice politely inquiring if Lucic wanted to fight. Lucic declined, for obvious reasons - why should he fight a guy for no reason, other than to accompany him to the penalty box for five minutes? What advantage would that give the Bruins? If Laraque had poked him, crosschecked him, punched him or attacked one of Lucic's teammates, no doubt Lucic would have dropped the gloves. And this isn't an unusual occurrance - guys often ask if opponents will go, and often the answer is no. Big deal.

2. Well, hmm. I don't get the Ward reference. Nobody is saying Sedin (or any other Canuck, for that matter) should have gone after Marchand in Game 7.

3. I don't get the Bergeron reference either. Perhaps you could explain further.

Here's the problem with Sedin letting Marchand smack him around: There were less than two minutes left in Game 6, and his team was three goals down against Tim Thomas, in Boston. Even with a PP (which Sedin - and his team - is obviously used to milking), they weren't going to overcome that deficit. You have ONE game left for all the marbles. A chance to say, "we're not going to let you push us around!" A chance to FIGHT BACK, not look to the officials to do your fighting for you. Instead, Sedin stands there like a cigar-store dummy and lets a midget play whack-a-mole with his head. What kind of leadership is that, for a CAPTAIN?

And again, I'll reiterate: Sedin did not have to fight. All he had to do was push Marchand away. But he couldn't even do that. And that's when I knew his team wasn't going to win the Stanley Cup. He wasn't going to fight and claw and sweat blood to get his hands on it. He was waiting for someone to hand it to him. Fortunately, it doesn't work that way.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

I like when people attack Lucic they bring up Orr and Laroque

2 scrubs

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:34 PM
jasonbaz77*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
I like when people attack Lucic they bring up Orr and Laroque

2 scrubs
I think scrubs would be insulted.

jasonbaz77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:55 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Are either Laraque or Colton Orr in the league anymore?

Yeah. That.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 06:41 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBruin View Post
I think scrubs would be insulted.
2nd that

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote