HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Game: Oddball Hockey Bets

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-07-2012, 09:28 PM
  #151
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Take it, even with bad odds. I just don't think the two sides are far enough apart enough to lose the entire season.


A North American player wins the 2012/13 Calder (assume there IS a season this year). 5:1 odds.
Leave it, I'm pretty sure Yak gets it.

Winnipeg hosts an outdoor game or the NHL draft in the next 5 years.

10:1

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 10:43 PM
  #152
iamjs
Unregistered User
 
iamjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 9,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Leave it, I'm pretty sure Yak gets it.

Winnipeg hosts an outdoor game or the NHL draft in the next 5 years.

10:1
Heritage Classic would be a possibility, but I'm thinking they will get a draft in 2016. At 10:1, I'll take those odds

15:1 NHL comes to an agreement with another network not named ABC or ESPN, allowing the network to air at least a dozen games during the regular season

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 11:49 PM
  #153
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjs View Post
Heritage Classic would be a possibility, but I'm thinking they will get a draft in 2016. At 10:1, I'll take those odds

15:1 NHL comes to an agreement with another network not named ABC or ESPN, allowing the network to air at least a dozen games during the regular season
Leave it. Doubt NBC lets that happen.

8:1 By the start of the 2013-2014 season, there will be 32 NHL teams.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:06 AM
  #154
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll
 
Carolinas Identity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: United States
Posts: 8,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Leave it. Doubt NBC lets that happen.

8:1 By the start of the 2013-2014 season, there will be 32 NHL teams.
Leave it, there will be 32 teams sooner rather than later, but not that soon.

6:1 - Any team has six 20 goal scorers on it.

Carolinas Identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 05:54 AM
  #155
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
Leave it, there will be 32 teams sooner rather than later, but not that soon.

6:1 - Any team has six 20 goal scorers on it.
Take it. Philly (Giroux, Hartnell, Voracek, Couturier, Simmmonds, Schenn), Boston (Seguin, Marchand, Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic, Horton), LA (Kopitar, Richards, Carter, Brown, Williams, Doughty) or Carolina (Staal, Staal, Semin, Skinner, Tlusty, Jokinen) could do it

Perry signs in the Eastern Conference as a UFA (4:1)

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:35 AM
  #156
bigbuffalo313
Registered User
 
bigbuffalo313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
Take it. Philly (Giroux, Hartnell, Voracek, Couturier, Simmmonds, Schenn), Boston (Seguin, Marchand, Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic, Horton), LA (Kopitar, Richards, Carter, Brown, Williams, Doughty) or Carolina (Staal, Staal, Semin, Skinner, Tlusty, Jokinen) could do it

Perry signs in the Eastern Conference as a UFA (4:1)
Leave it. At least not with those odds.

10:1 A huge name will be traded in 5 years.

bigbuffalo313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:10 AM
  #157
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuffalo313 View Post
Leave it. At least not with those odds.

10:1 A huge name will be traded in 5 years.
Ill take it, although "huge" is pretty subjective (ie. is Bobby Ryan a huge name?)

Edmonton acquires an All-star goalie though Free Agency in the next 3 years (8:1)

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:27 AM
  #158
ewoksonhoth
Most People are DJ's
 
ewoksonhoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sadly, Superior, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,013
vCash: 500
Take it. They won't be trading for one though so it'll have to come through FA signings. I could see them signing Backstrom next year, but he's not exactly All-Star material is he...

Red Wings miss the playoffs in 2014-2015 season 7:1

ewoksonhoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:46 AM
  #159
Tarasenko
Unregistered User
 
Tarasenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: uriname
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoksonhoth View Post
Take it. They won't be trading for one though so it'll have to come through FA signings. I could see them signing Backstrom next year, but he's not exactly All-Star material is he...

Red Wings miss the playoffs in 2014-2015 season 7:1
I those odds I can't leave it.
Take it.

Sidney Crosby will play a complete season (all 82 games) within 3 next years 6:1

Tarasenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:54 AM
  #160
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,969
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grigorenko View Post
I those odds I can't leave it.
Take it.

Sidney Crosby will play a complete season (all 82 games) within 3 next years 6:1
Leave it.

Kovalchuk scores more goals than Ovechkin next year.
5:1

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 11:41 AM
  #161
Tarasenko
Unregistered User
 
Tarasenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: uriname
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Leave it.

Kovalchuk scores more goals than Ovechkin next year.
5:1
Take it without hesitation.

We will see a 3-team trade for Luongo's trade (whichever are the teams) 25:1

Tarasenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 12:57 PM
  #162
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll
 
Carolinas Identity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: United States
Posts: 8,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grigorenko View Post
Take it without hesitation.

We will see a 3-team trade for Luongo's trade (whichever are the teams) 25:1
At those odds, I'd definetly take it.

10:1 - Marc Staal becomes a Hurricane before his current contract runs out.

Carolinas Identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 01:36 PM
  #163
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
At those odds, I'd definetly take it.

10:1 - Marc Staal becomes a Hurricane before his current contract runs out.
At those odds Ill take it.

Semin does not re-sign with the Hurricanes (4:1)

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 02:15 PM
  #164
Tarasenko
Unregistered User
 
Tarasenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: uriname
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
At those odds Ill take it.

Semin does not re-sign with the Hurricanes (4:1)
I take the chance he stays in Russia.

One of two most valuable Gretzky's record will be broken someday (50g in 39gp or 2857 pts)
15:1

Tarasenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 05:21 PM
  #165
iamjs
Unregistered User
 
iamjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 9,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grigorenko View Post
I take the chance he stays in Russia.

One of two most valuable Gretzky's record will be broken someday (50g in 39gp or 2857 pts)
15:1
2857 is safe, but with a rule change 50 in 39 is semi-attainable. Only taking it because the 15:1 pays well.

40:1 An athlete from another major professional sport will try to become a two sport athlete by attempting to play in the NHL by the year 2020.

(Note: this is not somebody throwing on the skates for a practice like Nyjer Morgan did a few years ago. I mean attending camp, possibly even playing a preseason game with full intentions of taking a roster spot in the regular season.)

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 05:47 PM
  #166
Tarasenko
Unregistered User
 
Tarasenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: uriname
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjs View Post
2857 is safe, but with a rule change 50 in 39 is semi-attainable. Only taking it because the 15:1 pays well.

40:1 An athlete from another major professional sport will try to become a two sport athlete by attempting to play in the NHL by the year 2020.

(Note: this is not somebody throwing on the skates for a practice like Nyjer Morgan did a few years ago. I mean attending camp, possibly even playing a preseason game with full intentions of taking a roster spot in the regular season.)
Take it! Tom Brady and Tom Glavine got drafted in two different professionnal sports! Mike Smith was really good at football (I think?) and Mario Lemieux could have reach the PGA if he didn't choose hockey according to his golf partners. Everything is possible our days with their intense training.

A player will score a goal playing with a right sided stick and one with a left sided stick, both in the same game. Considering he's equally good as a lefty and a righty.(Can play as a righty or lefty) 8:1

Tarasenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 06:33 PM
  #167
iamjs
Unregistered User
 
iamjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 9,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grigorenko View Post
Take it! Tom Brady and Tom Glavine got drafted in two different professionnal sports! Mike Smith was really good at football (I think?) and Mario Lemieux could have reach the PGA if he didn't choose hockey according to his golf partners. Everything is possible our days with their intense training.

A player will score a goal playing with a right sided stick and one with a left sided stick, both in the same game. Considering he's equally good as a lefty and a righty.(Can play as a righty or lefty) 8:1
Take it in a second. With players breaking sticks and having players exchanging sticks almost immediately, this is quite likely. Factor in an ENG at the end of a game by the same player and 8:1 doesn't seem that bad.

10:1 A player will be fined $2500 due to a comment picked up on television that was said on ice.

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 06:39 PM
  #168
bigbuffalo313
Registered User
 
bigbuffalo313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjs View Post
Take it in a second. With players breaking sticks and having players exchanging sticks almost immediately, this is quite likely. Factor in an ENG at the end of a game by the same player and 8:1 doesn't seem that bad.

10:1 A player will be fined $2500 due to a comment picked up on television that was said on ice.
That happened to Torts so I will take that.

A player and a goalie lose their sticks and take the others by accident and the player scores with the goalie stick(100:1)

bigbuffalo313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 08:19 PM
  #169
Tarasenko
Unregistered User
 
Tarasenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: uriname
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuffalo313 View Post
That happened to Torts so I will take that.

A player and a goalie lose their sticks and take the others by accident and the player scores with the goalie stick(100:1)
Leave it, the player will get an instant penalty, so it's impossible.

USA will get a Chinese president before the Leafs win a Cup. 5:1
...

Tarasenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:19 PM
  #170
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,969
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grigorenko View Post
Leave it, the player will get an instant penalty, so it's impossible.

USA will get a Chinese president before the Leafs win a Cup. 5:1
...
Leave it. US Presidents have to be American citizens.(Unless that was the joke)

A team repeats winning the Stanley Cup between now and 2020. 7:1

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:22 PM
  #171
Tarasenko
Unregistered User
 
Tarasenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: uriname
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Leave it. US Presidents have to be American citizens.(Unless that was the joke)

A team repeats winning the Stanley Cup between now and 2020. 7:1
It was a two-sided joke, obviously.

I take it.

Yakupov wins the Richard trophy in 13-14. 7:1

Tarasenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:23 PM
  #172
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grigorenko View Post
It was a two-sided joke, obviously.

I take it.

Yakupov wins the Richard trophy in 13-14. 7:1
Leave it.

When Sidney Crosby retires, he will have amassed as much or more points as Gretzky has assists.

10:1

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:49 PM
  #173
iamjs
Unregistered User
 
iamjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 9,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Leave it.

When Sidney Crosby retires, he will have amassed as much or more points as Gretzky has assists.

10:1
leaving it. Concussions and a partial lockout are gonna hurt any run at Gretz's assist to Sid's point total (or whatever you want to call it)

5:1 NHL approves a rule change that drastically changes the game (pad size, goal size, rink size) within the next 5 years.

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:50 PM
  #174
bigbuffalo313
Registered User
 
bigbuffalo313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,843
vCash: 500
^ leave it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grigorenko View Post
Leave it, the player will get an instant penalty, so it's impossible.

USA will get a Chinese president before the Leafs win a Cup. 5:1
...
Never knew that. Thanks for telling me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Leave it.

When Sidney Crosby retires, he will have amassed as much or more points as Gretzky has assists.

10:1
Take it

Selanne retires 15:1

bigbuffalo313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:52 PM
  #175
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjs View Post
leaving it. Concussions and a partial lockout is gonna hurt any run at Gretz's assist to Sid's point total (or whatever you want to call it)

5:1 NHL approves a rule change that drastically changes the game (pad size, goal size, rink size) within the next 5 years.
Leave it. Small changes sure, but not huge ones.

We'll see a legitimate hockey dynasty emerge in the next 20years

50:1

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.