HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

2012 Haggar HHOF Legends Classic: Nov. 11, 2012 at Air Canada Centre (and a request)

Old
09-03-2012, 10:43 PM
JetsAlternate

vCash: 500
2012 Haggar HHOF Legends Classic: Nov. 11, 2012 at Air Canada Centre (and a request)

Since the announcement of this year's Hall of Fame inductees this past June, many fans have been clamoring for the opportunity to see their favorite soon-to-be Hall of Fame players return to the ice for the first time in years. This year's Haggar HHOF Legends Classic will feature Pavel Bure, Joe Sakic, Adam Oates, and Mats Sundin.

Unfortunately, TSN is not going to be airing it once again, though it is truly in their own backyard. As a fan of the four players, it would be amazing to see them play again. In particular, it would be spectacular to see Pavel Bure play hockey in North America for the first time since 2003. Unfortunately, there are many along with myself who can not attend the event. If I may, I'd like to request that somebody in Toronto attend and film as much footage of him as possible.

The event will feature several other former NHL players, including Doug Gilmour, Bryan Trottier, Lanny McDonald, Dale Hawerchuk, Paul Coffey, Darryl Sittler, Borje Salming, Billy Smith, Wendel Clark, Tiger Williams, Valeri Bure, Theo Fleury, and Gary Roberts.

It would be terrific if one of the Canadian broadcasters would air the event, but it doesn't seem to be happening this year. For those attending, I'm sure it will be a blast to see the NHL legends of the past return for this great event.

JetsAlternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

... I dont get that. First of all, there'd just have to be a wide audience (and hence sponsorship dollars available) to broadcast a "Classics" game like that as its associated directly with the NHL, HHOF & the Induction Ceremonies and secondly, with a pending Lockout, why not?

Killion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 07:00 AM
justsomeguy

Have never understood the appeal of a game featuring teams made up of guys who passed their best-before date 20 years ago playing a non-contact friendly pre-beers match that means nothing to anyone but the charity that is benefitting from it.

justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 05:48 AM
JetsAlternate

With the event happening this upcoming Sunday, I'd like to bump this thread. It would certainly be neat to here some comments after the event from those attending.

I'm also still hoping someone will be able to capture some footage of Pavel. It would be fun to see how he looks on the ice again after so much time away from hockey.

JetsAlternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:50 PM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Have never understood the appeal of a game featuring teams made up of guys who passed their best-before date 20 years ago playing a non-contact friendly pre-beers match that means nothing to anyone but the charity that is benefitting from it.
Super-delayed response but...sometimes it doesn't have to be about hard-hitting intense competition, a lot of people (or at least myself) enjoy seeing old favorites taking a few strides around the ice and making the odd fancy move that recalls heir glory days. I'd love to be there to see Pavel, Joe and the rest make a game of it...

ForsbergForever is offline   Reply With Quote