HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

12-13' Prospects Thread Version XIII: The name is Cameranesi. Tony Cameranesi.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-08-2012, 08:56 PM
  #26
SteveV*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,212
vCash: 500
When is the last time three leafs prospects were on any sort of all star team? Never

SteveV* is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 09:34 PM
  #27
Dangles McGavin
#Snip Bar South
 
Dangles McGavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waterloo
Posts: 6,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehawk View Post
Josh Leivo ends up being the most impressive of the Leafs' kids tonight. Spott showed a lot of trust/faith in his line by the end of the game.

He seems to have almost an aversion to carrying the puck. Doesn't stay on his stick for more than a couple seconds at a time. He's much more comfortable flipping it in and chasing it down. Great work along the boards and uses his size to make room for himself. Didn't get to show it much tonight, but he's got a great wrist/snap shot too.

If he continues to progress, I see him potentially as a solid 3rd line checking winger.
Good analysis. I think 3rd line checking winger/ complementary goal scorer is a pretty fair projection.

Dangles McGavin is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 10:08 PM
  #28
DirtyDion03
Big Wheel
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,856
vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehawk View Post
Josh Leivo ends up being the most impressive of the Leafs' kids tonight. Spott showed a lot of trust/faith in his line by the end of the game.

He seems to have almost an aversion to carrying the puck. Doesn't stay on his stick for more than a couple seconds at a time. He's much more comfortable flipping it in and chasing it down. Great work along the boards and uses his size to make room for himself. Didn't get to show it much tonight, but he's got a great wrist/snap shot too.

If he continues to progress, I see him potentially as a solid 3rd line checking winger.
Leivo plays a lot differently in Sudbury. I think it helps when he has talent around him.. However, he does know not to do too much and to let the game come to him.

__________________
http://i57.tinypic.com/28b4abo.jpg
DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 10:15 PM
  #29
Funk Volume
Independent Living
 
Funk Volume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Welland, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaiveLeafsFan View Post
Really liking Monahan's game, he's been breaking up plays all over the ice and created the short handed goal.

Liked our 3 prospects:
Leivo - doesn't seem to drive the play, but he does a bunch of little things really well. He's als a big kid, might need to work on his skating?

Finn - bad turnover after the OHL powerplay in the 2nd, but he looked fantastic on the PP point. Didn't really get any looks to shoot though.

Percy - LOVE his game, simple and structured. Not very noticeable which is what you want from a guy like him. Only really got beat in the 2nd by Yakupov.
Leivo's skating was much better than I anticipated. It wasnt as bad as people make it out to be. Hes far from a speedster, but his skating is acceptable

Funk Volume is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 12:03 AM
  #30
hockeygeek
Rejisturd User
 
hockeygeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,185
vCash: 500
Rielly is a lot better than Murphy IMO. Excited to see what he brings against the russians. I think Rielly should be quarterbacking the first pp in the world juniors.

hockeygeek is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 12:04 AM
  #31
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft
 
pooleboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 5,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygeek View Post
Rielly is a lot better than Murphy IMO. Excited to see what he brings against the russians. I think Rielly should be quarterbacking the first pp in the world juniors.
tbh idk what all the hype is about Murphy, he isn't that fast or allusive, he just makes decent passes. dont get me wrong he is good, but i think Rielly is better no bias.

pooleboy is online now  
Old
11-09-2012, 06:04 AM
  #32
Interactif
Meet The New Boss
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,754
vCash: 500
Percy, Finn, and Leivo all acquitted themselves well last night.

Finn - Moves the puck quickly and efficiently, anticipates the play well.

Percy - Silky smooth and positionally sound.

Leivo - Looks like he has filled out, he will be an interesting prospect to watch. Reminds me a little like Matt Frattin.

Thought Slater Koekkoek was a little dissapointing, he wore the goat horns on the tying goal, and then Murphy was caught in a bad pinch that led to the winning goal. Spott had Slater on the ice in the last minute with Ceci, and Murphy. Not sure if Finn wouldn't have been the better choice. Anyway, Koekkoek was a name mentioned in the 2nd grouping of highly touted D men that included Finn and was the 10th pick overall, Finn was the 35th pick. Think we did well there.

Interactif is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 07:32 AM
  #33
AlienWorkShop
No Ben! No!
 
AlienWorkShop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,134
vCash: 500
From what I've seen of Leivo, he's also got some pretty sick hands, so I think there's some top-6 potential there.

AlienWorkShop is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 08:00 AM
  #34
Dark Passenger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,957
vCash: 500
Leivo looked a lot better than I thought he would at this level. I thought his skating looks pretty good and he uses his size very effectively. Looks bigger than I thought. Still got some filling out to do, but I dont think he would look out of place on the 4th line for the World Junior team.

Agree with some regarding Ryan Murphy. Has some good qualities but Im not sure his game translates well to the next level. Matt Peumpel is another guy who I really wanted for the Leafs at the draft, but havent been that impressed with so far.

Dark Passenger is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 08:55 AM
  #35
SprDaVE
Registered User
 
SprDaVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,310
vCash: 500
Puempel reminds me a bit of Jeremy Williams. Great shot... and that's it. Average skater, average size, not that great defensively, no physical game, decent everything other than a great shot. I also liked Puempel in his draft year but he hasn't developed to the point where I thought he'd be right now.

My opinion of course.

Anyway, I liked Leivo last night. Too bad he missed his best scoring chance in the dying minute to tie it up. He shot it right on the goaltender and then couldn't get his rebound.

I'd love to see him make Team Canada in a checking role, I just don't think he'll make it though. Some sexier names will probably make it.

SprDaVE is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 09:12 AM
  #36
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Percy, Finn, and Leivo all acquitted themselves well last night.

Finn - Moves the puck quickly and efficiently, anticipates the play well.

Percy - Silky smooth and positionally sound.

Leivo - Looks like he has filled out, he will be an interesting prospect to watch. Reminds me a little like Matt Frattin.

Thought Slater Koekkoek was a little dissapointing, he wore the goat horns on the tying goal, and then Murphy was caught in a bad pinch that led to the winning goal. Spott had Slater on the ice in the last minute with Ceci, and Murphy. Not sure if Finn wouldn't have been the better choice. Anyway, Koekkoek was a name mentioned in the 2nd grouping of highly touted D men that included Finn and was the 10th pick overall, Finn was the 35th pick. Think we did well there.
Agree with your assesment. Koekkoek wasnt that bad, i think the one mistake overshadowed his entire game. He was very mobile on the PP and was the bright spot in that pairing. Murphy was and is terrible. All i will say here because my rant would go on for a too long.

As for the leaf prospects, Percy and DeMelo were fantastic. These two shut them down defensively the entire game. Percy is very interesting, manages to be a shut down guy without being overly physical, however by using possitional play. Kinda reminds me of Lidstroms defensive game (OBVIOUSLy not offensive). Finn seemed gassed as he played the night before. Had much better legs in last weeks friday night hockey on sportsnet. Now he was given ONE PP start and we generated more scoring opportunities here then on all of the other PP's combined. He made tape to tape crisp outlet passes, however did have a couple gafs.

Leivo probably impressed me the most TBH. His board work was great, has an incredible reach and pick pocketed the Russians all night. He managed to generate quite a few scoring chances and was obviously a big body that was very tough to knock off the puck. His hands impressed me, thought he was a brick layer but last night he proved me wrong. His skating still needs improvement, however hes good at anticipating a play and getting to where he needs to be. Sometimes got caught standing flat footed but was still part of the best line for team OHL last night.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 09:13 AM
  #37
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 54,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
When is the last time three leafs prospects were on any sort of all star team? Never
When is the last time the Leafs had several prospects on the Canadian Junior National team? National team >> OHL team.

Okay, not that long ago.

Nice to see regardless.

__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Keon

He was the Leafs' leading scorer in the 196364, 196667 and 196970 seasons, and the team's top goal scorer in 197071 and 197273. Keon was considered one of the fastest skaters in the NHL, and one of the best defensive forwards of his era.[3] He would usually play against the opposing team's top centre, and developed a reputation for neutralizing some of the league's top scorers. In 197071, he scored eight shorthanded goals, setting an NHL record.
ULF_55 is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 09:14 AM
  #38
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 54,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
Anyway, I liked Leivo last night. Too bad he missed his best scoring chance in the dying minute to tie it up. He shot it right on the goaltender and then couldn't get his rebound.

I'd love to see him make Team Canada in a checking role, I just don't think he'll make it though. Some sexier names will probably make it.
He didn't get a lot of wood on that shot. Just a bad break, but it was a nice pass.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 09:15 AM
  #39
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
Puempel reminds me a bit of Jeremy Williams. Great shot... and that's it. Average skater, average size, not that great defensively, no physical game, decent everything other than a great shot. I also liked Puempel in his draft year but he hasn't developed to the point where I thought he'd be right now.

My opinion of course.

Anyway, I liked Leivo last night. Too bad he missed his best scoring chance in the dying minute to tie it up. He shot it right on the goaltender and then couldn't get his rebound.

I'd love to see him make Team Canada in a checking role, I just don't think he'll make it though. Some sexier names will probably make it.
I agree with you. The puck was bouncing on Leivo, he made good of a rocky pass.

However team QMHJL's best line will most likely make the team. Last night Graovic Jenner and Leivo were by far the best line, with Leivo and Jenner doing most of the work. You would think that solidifying some great shut down guys would be smart for success. Who knows, maybe he gets lucky.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 09:16 AM
  #40
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
He didn't get a lot of wood on that shot. Just a bad break, but it was a nice pass.
Puck was bouncing and on edge, good vision but not a crisp on ice pass.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 09:22 AM
  #41
SprDaVE
Registered User
 
SprDaVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
I agree with you. The puck was bouncing on Leivo, he made good of a rocky pass.

However team QMHJL's best line will most likely make the team. Last night Graovic Jenner and Leivo were by far the best line, with Leivo and Jenner doing most of the work. You would think that solidifying some great shut down guys would be smart for success. Who knows, maybe he gets lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
He didn't get a lot of wood on that shot. Just a bad break, but it was a nice pass.
I'm not blaming him for missing it, it was just a bad break. He almost whacked the puck on the rebound too, as it was just sitting in the blue paint, but just missed it.

Would have been nice though.

SprDaVE is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 11:55 AM
  #42
BeLeaf1331
Leaf Syndrome
 
BeLeaf1331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,389
vCash: 400
i know im not the only one, but I'm starting to get worried about Kadri. I've been one of his biggest supporters since he was drafted but something seems off. I know the entire team has been off offensively, but even in the games I've watched (about half) he doesn't look like the same guy anymore. Anyone whos watched all the games wanna give me a scouting report on his play? I don't mean his points, I mean how he's played in those games. Thanks.

BeLeaf1331 is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 12:35 PM
  #43
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YunelYESco View Post
i know im not the only one, but I'm starting to get worried about Kadri. I've been one of his biggest supporters since he was drafted but something seems off. I know the entire team has been off offensively, but even in the games I've watched (about half) he doesn't look like the same guy anymore. Anyone whos watched all the games wanna give me a scouting report on his play? I don't mean his points, I mean how he's played in those games. Thanks.
I'd say hes played well enough to get himself benched tonight.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 04:45 PM
  #44
Griffski
Registered User
 
Griffski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 948
vCash: 500
I loved Leivo's game last night. I thought he looked very composed and strong constantly making smart plays. I'm actually pretty excited about this prospect. I think he plays the type game that will really translate nicely into the NHL.

Griffski is online now  
Old
11-09-2012, 05:38 PM
  #45
hockeygeek
Rejisturd User
 
hockeygeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post

Thought Slater Koekkoek was a little dissapointing
I was really impressed with the kid. He was trying to do too much but he's got limited time to make an impression with hockey canada. He's got the skills and the size

hockeygeek is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 07:06 PM
  #46
Everlong
-
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,760
vCash: 500
Brown scores to break the tie. 3-2 Erie.

Got an apple earlier on a McDavid shorty aswell.

Everlong is online now  
Old
11-09-2012, 07:13 PM
  #47
Hawaiinleaf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Honolulu
Country: United States
Posts: 2,044
vCash: 500
Biggs 2A
Finn gets an Apple
Brown 1G 1 Apple


Last edited by Hawaiinleaf: 11-09-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Hawaiinleaf is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 07:38 PM
  #48
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 69,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post
Biggs gets an Apple
Finn gets an Apple
Brown 1G 1 Apple
so far a good night for our prospect in the O.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 07:54 PM
  #49
Hawaiinleaf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Honolulu
Country: United States
Posts: 2,044
vCash: 500
Biggs another Apple thats 2 pts

Hawaiinleaf is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 07:57 PM
  #50
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice
 
Leafs at Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,615
vCash: 500
Brown with another goal . 2G 1A

And Percy with 1A

Leafs at Knight is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.