HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

12-13' Prospects Thread Version XIII: The name is Cameranesi. Tony Cameranesi.

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2012, 08:56 PM
SteveV*

vCash: 500
When is the last time three leafs prospects were on any sort of all star team? Never

Old
11-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Dangles McGavin
#Snip Bar South

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehawk View Post
Josh Leivo ends up being the most impressive of the Leafs' kids tonight. Spott showed a lot of trust/faith in his line by the end of the game.

He seems to have almost an aversion to carrying the puck. Doesn't stay on his stick for more than a couple seconds at a time. He's much more comfortable flipping it in and chasing it down. Great work along the boards and uses his size to make room for himself. Didn't get to show it much tonight, but he's got a great wrist/snap shot too.

If he continues to progress, I see him potentially as a solid 3rd line checking winger.
Good analysis. I think 3rd line checking winger/ complementary goal scorer is a pretty fair projection.

Old
11-08-2012, 10:08 PM
DirtyDion03
Big Wheel

vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehawk View Post
Josh Leivo ends up being the most impressive of the Leafs' kids tonight. Spott showed a lot of trust/faith in his line by the end of the game.

He seems to have almost an aversion to carrying the puck. Doesn't stay on his stick for more than a couple seconds at a time. He's much more comfortable flipping it in and chasing it down. Great work along the boards and uses his size to make room for himself. Didn't get to show it much tonight, but he's got a great wrist/snap shot too.

If he continues to progress, I see him potentially as a solid 3rd line checking winger.
Leivo plays a lot differently in Sudbury. I think it helps when he has talent around him.. However, he does know not to do too much and to let the game come to him.

11-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Funk Volume
Independent Living

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaiveLeafsFan View Post
Really liking Monahan's game, he's been breaking up plays all over the ice and created the short handed goal.

Liked our 3 prospects:
Leivo - doesn't seem to drive the play, but he does a bunch of little things really well. He's als a big kid, might need to work on his skating?

Finn - bad turnover after the OHL powerplay in the 2nd, but he looked fantastic on the PP point. Didn't really get any looks to shoot though.

Percy - LOVE his game, simple and structured. Not very noticeable which is what you want from a guy like him. Only really got beat in the 2nd by Yakupov.
Leivo's skating was much better than I anticipated. It wasnt as bad as people make it out to be. Hes far from a speedster, but his skating is acceptable

Old
11-09-2012, 12:03 AM
hockeygeek
Rejisturd User

Rielly is a lot better than Murphy IMO. Excited to see what he brings against the russians. I think Rielly should be quarterbacking the first pp in the world juniors.

Old
11-09-2012, 12:04 AM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygeek View Post
Rielly is a lot better than Murphy IMO. Excited to see what he brings against the russians. I think Rielly should be quarterbacking the first pp in the world juniors.
tbh idk what all the hype is about Murphy, he isn't that fast or allusive, he just makes decent passes. dont get me wrong he is good, but i think Rielly is better no bias.

Old
11-09-2012, 06:04 AM
Interactif
Meet The New Boss

Percy, Finn, and Leivo all acquitted themselves well last night.

Finn - Moves the puck quickly and efficiently, anticipates the play well.

Percy - Silky smooth and positionally sound.

Leivo - Looks like he has filled out, he will be an interesting prospect to watch. Reminds me a little like Matt Frattin.

Thought Slater Koekkoek was a little dissapointing, he wore the goat horns on the tying goal, and then Murphy was caught in a bad pinch that led to the winning goal. Spott had Slater on the ice in the last minute with Ceci, and Murphy. Not sure if Finn wouldn't have been the better choice. Anyway, Koekkoek was a name mentioned in the 2nd grouping of highly touted D men that included Finn and was the 10th pick overall, Finn was the 35th pick. Think we did well there.

Old
11-09-2012, 07:32 AM
AlienWorkShop
No Ben! No!

From what I've seen of Leivo, he's also got some pretty sick hands, so I think there's some top-6 potential there.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:00 AM
Dark Passenger

Leivo looked a lot better than I thought he would at this level. I thought his skating looks pretty good and he uses his size very effectively. Looks bigger than I thought. Still got some filling out to do, but I dont think he would look out of place on the 4th line for the World Junior team.

Agree with some regarding Ryan Murphy. Has some good qualities but Im not sure his game translates well to the next level. Matt Peumpel is another guy who I really wanted for the Leafs at the draft, but havent been that impressed with so far.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:55 AM
SprDaVE

Puempel reminds me a bit of Jeremy Williams. Great shot... and that's it. Average skater, average size, not that great defensively, no physical game, decent everything other than a great shot. I also liked Puempel in his draft year but he hasn't developed to the point where I thought he'd be right now.

My opinion of course.

Anyway, I liked Leivo last night. Too bad he missed his best scoring chance in the dying minute to tie it up. He shot it right on the goaltender and then couldn't get his rebound.

I'd love to see him make Team Canada in a checking role, I just don't think he'll make it though. Some sexier names will probably make it.

Old
11-09-2012, 09:12 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Percy, Finn, and Leivo all acquitted themselves well last night.

Finn - Moves the puck quickly and efficiently, anticipates the play well.

Percy - Silky smooth and positionally sound.

Leivo - Looks like he has filled out, he will be an interesting prospect to watch. Reminds me a little like Matt Frattin.

Thought Slater Koekkoek was a little dissapointing, he wore the goat horns on the tying goal, and then Murphy was caught in a bad pinch that led to the winning goal. Spott had Slater on the ice in the last minute with Ceci, and Murphy. Not sure if Finn wouldn't have been the better choice. Anyway, Koekkoek was a name mentioned in the 2nd grouping of highly touted D men that included Finn and was the 10th pick overall, Finn was the 35th pick. Think we did well there.
Agree with your assesment. Koekkoek wasnt that bad, i think the one mistake overshadowed his entire game. He was very mobile on the PP and was the bright spot in that pairing. Murphy was and is terrible. All i will say here because my rant would go on for a too long.

As for the leaf prospects, Percy and DeMelo were fantastic. These two shut them down defensively the entire game. Percy is very interesting, manages to be a shut down guy without being overly physical, however by using possitional play. Kinda reminds me of Lidstroms defensive game (OBVIOUSLy not offensive). Finn seemed gassed as he played the night before. Had much better legs in last weeks friday night hockey on sportsnet. Now he was given ONE PP start and we generated more scoring opportunities here then on all of the other PP's combined. He made tape to tape crisp outlet passes, however did have a couple gafs.

Leivo probably impressed me the most TBH. His board work was great, has an incredible reach and pick pocketed the Russians all night. He managed to generate quite a few scoring chances and was obviously a big body that was very tough to knock off the puck. His hands impressed me, thought he was a brick layer but last night he proved me wrong. His skating still needs improvement, however hes good at anticipating a play and getting to where he needs to be. Sometimes got caught standing flat footed but was still part of the best line for team OHL last night.

Old
11-09-2012, 09:13 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
When is the last time three leafs prospects were on any sort of all star team? Never
When is the last time the Leafs had several prospects on the Canadian Junior National team? National team >> OHL team.

Okay, not that long ago.

Nice to see regardless.

He was the Leafs' leading scorer in the 196364, 196667 and 196970 seasons, and the team's top goal scorer in 197071 and 197273. Keon was considered one of the fastest skaters in the NHL, and one of the best defensive forwards of his era.[3] He would usually play against the opposing team's top centre, and developed a reputation for neutralizing some of the league's top scorers. In 197071, he scored eight shorthanded goals, setting an NHL record.
Old
11-09-2012, 09:14 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
Anyway, I liked Leivo last night. Too bad he missed his best scoring chance in the dying minute to tie it up. He shot it right on the goaltender and then couldn't get his rebound.

I'd love to see him make Team Canada in a checking role, I just don't think he'll make it though. Some sexier names will probably make it.
He didn't get a lot of wood on that shot. Just a bad break, but it was a nice pass.

Old
11-09-2012, 09:15 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
Puempel reminds me a bit of Jeremy Williams. Great shot... and that's it. Average skater, average size, not that great defensively, no physical game, decent everything other than a great shot. I also liked Puempel in his draft year but he hasn't developed to the point where I thought he'd be right now.

My opinion of course.

I agree with you. The puck was bouncing on Leivo, he made good of a rocky pass.

However team QMHJL's best line will most likely make the team. Last night Graovic Jenner and Leivo were by far the best line, with Leivo and Jenner doing most of the work. You would think that solidifying some great shut down guys would be smart for success. Who knows, maybe he gets lucky.

Old
11-09-2012, 09:16 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
He didn't get a lot of wood on that shot. Just a bad break, but it was a nice pass.
Puck was bouncing and on edge, good vision but not a crisp on ice pass.

Old
11-09-2012, 09:22 AM
SprDaVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
I agree with you. The puck was bouncing on Leivo, he made good of a rocky pass.

However team QMHJL's best line will most likely make the team. Last night Graovic Jenner and Leivo were by far the best line, with Leivo and Jenner doing most of the work. You would think that solidifying some great shut down guys would be smart for success. Who knows, maybe he gets lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
I'm not blaming him for missing it, it was just a bad break. He almost whacked the puck on the rebound too, as it was just sitting in the blue paint, but just missed it.

Would have been nice though.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:55 AM
BeLeaf1331
Leaf Syndrome

vCash: 400
i know im not the only one, but I'm starting to get worried about Kadri. I've been one of his biggest supporters since he was drafted but something seems off. I know the entire team has been off offensively, but even in the games I've watched (about half) he doesn't look like the same guy anymore. Anyone whos watched all the games wanna give me a scouting report on his play? I don't mean his points, I mean how he's played in those games. Thanks.

Old
11-09-2012, 12:35 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
Originally Posted by YunelYESco View Post
i know im not the only one, but I'm starting to get worried about Kadri. I've been one of his biggest supporters since he was drafted but something seems off. I know the entire team has been off offensively, but even in the games I've watched (about half) he doesn't look like the same guy anymore. Anyone whos watched all the games wanna give me a scouting report on his play? I don't mean his points, I mean how he's played in those games. Thanks.
I'd say hes played well enough to get himself benched tonight.

Old
11-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Griffski

I loved Leivo's game last night. I thought he looked very composed and strong constantly making smart plays. I'm actually pretty excited about this prospect. I think he plays the type game that will really translate nicely into the NHL.

Old
11-09-2012, 05:38 PM
hockeygeek
Rejisturd User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post

Thought Slater Koekkoek was a little dissapointing
I was really impressed with the kid. He was trying to do too much but he's got limited time to make an impression with hockey canada. He's got the skills and the size

Old
11-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Everlong
-

Brown scores to break the tie. 3-2 Erie.

Got an apple earlier on a McDavid shorty aswell.

Old
11-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Hawaiinleaf

Biggs 2A
Finn gets an Apple
Brown 1G 1 Apple

Last edited by Hawaiinleaf: 11-09-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old
11-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post
Biggs gets an Apple
Finn gets an Apple
Brown 1G 1 Apple
so far a good night for our prospect in the O.

11-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Hawaiinleaf

Biggs another Apple thats 2 pts

Old
11-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Brown with another goal . 2G 1A

And Percy with 1A

Closed Thread