HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cory Schneider and only Cory Schneider!

Old
11-09-2012, 01:05 AM
Hockey 4 Life

vCash: 500
I'm going to give this a try though I know deep down it wont end well

To
Van
JVR
Bozak
Liles/Gunnarson
2013 1st (top ten protected)

Toronto
Schneider
Kassian
Ballard

Hockey 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 01:11 AM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Why does everyone keep throwing Kassian in proposals? Giving up one young stud in Schneider is hard enough, adding Kassian would make it a complete turn-off for us. If we're adding a significant piece to Schneider, then Kessel is coming back.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 01:14 AM
ProstheticConscience
Dystemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post

To
Van
JVR
Bozak
Liles/Gunnarson

Toronto
Schneider
Kassian
Ballard
No. Kassian's ours. So is Schneider, for that matter.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 01:15 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:

To
Van
JVR
Bozak
Liles/Gunnarson

Toronto
Schneider
Kassian
Ballard
Nope, Kassian is not a throw in. If we are trading him and Schneider (which I sincerely doubt) then you are looking at something like Lupul/JVR and Gardiner. That is terrible asset management for the Leafs but you have to expect an arguably ridiculous demand when asking for two of our best prospects, one with exceptionally high ceiling.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 01:18 AM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Why does everyone keep throwing Kassian in proposals? Giving up one young stud in Schneider is hard enough, adding Kassian would make it a complete turn-off for us. If we're adding a significant piece to Schneider, then Kessel is coming back.
Fair enough, for the leafs to trade kessel though it would have to be schneider,kassian, and tanev I would assume with the leafs adding another solid piece on their end, what do you think fair or no ?

Last edited by spiny norman: 11-09-2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: corrected [/QUOTE]
Old
11-09-2012, 01:18 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Nope, Kassian is not a throw in. If we are trading him and Schneider (which I sincerely doubt) then you are looking at something like Lupul/JVR and Gardiner. That is terrible asset management for the Leafs but you have to expect an arguably ridiculous demand when asking for two of our best prospects, one with exceptionally high ceiling.
I'd start by asking for JVR, Gardiner, Finn, 2013 1st, 2014 1st for Schnider and Kassian

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 01:23 AM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

Quote:
Quote:
Fair enough, for the leafs to trade kessel though it would have to be schneider,kassian, and tanev I would assume with the leafs adding another solid piece on their end, what do you think fair or no ?
That does sound like it could fit both teams rather well. Losing Tanev would be hard for us to replace though, I would do something like Schneider, Kassian, Schroeder for Kessel, 2nd. Given Toronto's defensive depth and lack of potential top-6 centres, Schroeder would make a better fit, I think.

Old
11-09-2012, 01:25 AM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
I'd start by asking for JVR, Gardiner, Finn, 2013 1st, 2014 1st for Schnider and Kassian
You would get hung up on real quick. Schneider in my opinion will be a top ten goalie in the NHL really soon, kassian who knows maybe lucic maybe a 15 goal guy who grinds the opposition down. The point is it's just my opinion and theres know way to know what these two guys are gonna be so theres really no way to pay for schneider as a top ten goalie and kassian as a lucic lite until more has been proven, but at that point good luck aquiring either of them at all.

Old
11-09-2012, 01:27 AM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
That does sound like it could fit both teams rather well. Losing Tanev would be hard for us to replace though, I would do something like Schneider, Kassian, Schroeder for Kessel, 2nd. Given Toronto's defensive depth and lack of potential top-6 centres, Schroeder would make a better fit, I think.
Sounds like a fair trade value wise and if kessel seemed like he wanted to play with a contender and would sign an extension with van I would do this deal, helps both teams immensely. Nice re work on the proposal. Ps change the 2nd to a 3rd lol I had to

Old
11-09-2012, 01:29 AM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
No offense, but you place far too high a value on our players. That type of a return means we're trading Kesler not Schneider and Kassian. While you can argue Schneider's value, Kassian has very little when in discussion with big name assets.

Old
11-09-2012, 01:31 AM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
No offense, but you place far too high a value on our players. That type of a return means we're trading Kesler not Schneider and Kassian. While you can argue Schneider's value, Kassian has very little when in discussion with big name assets.
Dont worry lol every fan base has fans like this, he just really loves his team, thats the best way to look at it I guess.

Old
11-09-2012, 01:32 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
I would do that if Franson was thrown in too.

Old
11-09-2012, 01:33 AM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

Quote:
Meh, don't care one way or another. I guess he adds some depth, and means Alberts is played less, which is never a bad thing. It certainly wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me.

Old
11-09-2012, 01:35 AM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
the deal was fair in the previous post and though fransons value is really low he could still very easily bounce back and break out so the addition of franson in the deal with kessel and a second is a big no for me.

Old
11-09-2012, 02:05 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Quote:
To the two posts above me I said I would start off asking for those pieces, not that I would expect that sort of return. I value pieces like Schnider, Kassian, Jensen, Gaunce and Tanev etc very much as they are the keys to us reloading on the fly I.E Detriot and not have to tank for nearly a decade like Edmonton.

Old
11-09-2012, 02:41 AM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post

Cory Schneider
Conditional first (only if Lupul re-signs)

Joffrey Lupul
Nazem Kadri
I don't understand this. HF fans, Leafs, Panthers, Blue Jackets, Bruins, Hawks and more, have spent months proving to Vancouver fans that all Canuck players are at the most just barely NHL level players. Far inferior to any other NHL team's players. Proving that even the best goalies are not worth more than a second or third round pick and that neither Luongo or Schneider can be considered anywhere near the best. Gillis is a proven fool who is totally incapable of drafting a prospect that can make the Canucks as a regular NHL player.

After all this time proving the worthlessness of the Canucks as a team, now this thread continues to grossly offer to overpay for Canuck players, prospects and picks. I can understand Canuck fans expecting other teams to overpay. We Canuck fans have no real hockey knowedge what so ever, but why are the fans of other clubs suggesting these totally rediculous trade suggestions for worthless Canuck players? Here are some more realistic trade suggestions:

To Chicago: Cory Schneider and Zack Kassian (neither are proven NHLers)
To vancouver: Chicago's 2014 fourth round pick

To Toronto: Roberto Luongo, Henrik and Daniel Sedin (all old and overpriced)
To Vancouver: Matthew Lombardi

To Buffalo: Vancouver's 2013 first round pick (Gillis would just waste this pick again)
To Vancouver: Buffalo's 2014 second round pick

To Edmonton: Alex Edler, Nicklas Jensen, Eddie Lack
To Vancouver: Corey Potter (Corey could be Vancouver's next franchise player)

To Detroit: Alex Burrows, Ryan Kesler, Keven Bieksa, Dan Hamhuis
To Vancouver: Todd Bertuzzi, Mikael Samualsson (Canucks get proven NHLers back)

The above are obviously much more likely, more realistic trades. HF fans, stop teasing Vancouver fans with trade suggestions that grossly overpay for Canuck players that you know will never occur in real life. Gillis may be a fool and a failure, but the GM's of the other 29 NHL clubs aren't.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 03:25 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 894
If I am trading away Schnieder it is to fix a problem. So, I must recognize the problem. There's the rub. Gillis doesn't see the problem. He has proven that to my satisfaction.

IF there is a season, teams will have (I'm told) ten days to assemble before play. I think it is now more likely that Gillis waits until the trade deadline before he makes any moves. This is just prudent. Schnieder might struggle. Kesler might struggle. Daniel may have become shy. These things will have emerged by the deadline. They won't be known before play. Why add risk? The deadline traditionally is where the overpayments are.

At the deadline Schnieder will be a starting goaltender, trending upward or he will be a project slipping into a back up role. If he looks like a young wunderkind then he will get maximum return. This can be anything from picks to players. A hot young goalie might be worth a lot to a team that surprised by leading the conference, despite uneven goaltending.

A hot starter and studly Dman are enough to make some GMs roll the dice on a cup run! If the Canucks are trying to win a cup as well, they cannot arm an opponent. This really makes Canadian teams good trading partners!

To Ottawa, Schnieder and Edler.
To Vancouver, Latendresse and Cowan.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 03:31 AM
MISC*
Negged.

Schneider

Sharp

MISC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 04:23 AM
eklunds source

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Completely disagree. Grabo is the best centre on our team by an absolutely MASSIVE margin, nobody else is remotely close. If we lose Grabo, the Kessel line becomes the only one that can create offence at all. If we want to make the playoffs in the next few years, we don't trade Grabo.
For the love of god, this. Why do Leaf fans (not all, but for the most part it seems) continually underrate Grabovski? He's phenomenal. I'd love to acquire him (though not at the cost of Schneider)..

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 04:29 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Schneider for Grabovski may be rejected by leafs fans simply because of their centre depth, but valuewise it's a huge win for them.

The others I'm okay with, though.
for me that would be a huge loss for the canucks in the deal

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 04:30 AM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
Schneider

Sharp
Chicago never would but I might.

Old
11-09-2012, 10:05 AM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 717
Quote:
You're right, Schneider is definitely going to bust. Best not trade either of our goalies then unless someone really overpays. Otherwise we might be stuck where the Leafs are now.
Look, Schneider will most likely be great. But the fact remains that he has not shown that he can be the #1 guy and play 74 games/season well. This is a much bigger thing for a goalie than other players. The history of the league is strewn with goalies that were world-beaters for short stretches and then never saw that success again.

You VAN fans are overvaluing both of your goaltenders, if for completely different reasons. If your GM thinks like you, you will be stuck with both. And I know many of you go around exclaiming "oh no, we'll have 2 great goalies" sarcastically. I expect that situation to be bad for the team and would expect a regression if both are retained. I believe the situation is no longer tenable with both.

Now I know you can retort with "that's just your opinion, man!", but I can say the same to you.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Nuck This

Quote:

To
Van
JVR
Bozak
Liles/Gunnarson

Toronto
Schneider
Kassian
Ballard

Nuck This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
If your GM thinks like you, you will be stuck with both. And I know many of you go around exclaiming "oh no, we'll have 2 great goalies" sarcastically. I expect that situation to be bad for the team and would expect a regression if both are retained. I believe the situation is no longer tenable with both.

Now I know you can retort with "that's just your opinion, man!", but I can say the same to you.
Except we have back to back President's trophies with this tandem as evidence as to why it's not a concern and you have, like, nothing other than your opinion, man.

Big difference. Monumental difference.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 10:36 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Schneider = Gardiner(+ maybe Finn)

So... JVR, Finn, 2013 1st , 2014 1st for Kassian ??

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote