Notices

Monster Hit from Trouba

Old
11-09-2012, 12:24 AM
Bob E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
The Shanahammer would definitely rule this a headshot because the person receiving the hit didn't suddenly move.

Even if it was clean, it wasn't a "smart high hockey IQ" hit. If he had another D behind him it would be a different story.
Couldn't disagree more.

if it was a odd man rush, then yes, bad read. But he had the angle, made the hit, knowing full well where other players were on the ice.

In fact, with his partner close by, i thought defensemen are taught to take the puck carrier, separate him from the puck, allowing his partner to retrieve the puck.

If anything it WAS a 'smart high hockey IQ' hit.

The hit to the head is the only thing that would need to be remedied on the hit. That could be a suspendable hit, though, like the Bogo hit on Eakins, the puck carrier has to look out for number 1 as well.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 12:27 AM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCsmyth View Post
Wow, it really is amazing how people can see a play so many different ways.

I saw a kid that flew across the ice, and challenged a rusher in the neutral zone - all the while having a full speed back checker. Anybody that thinks this play had any chance of being a breakaway should just try one more look.

This is EXACTLY what bothered me about our d last year...too passive, to much backing in - not enough neutral ice challenge when having back side pressure.

Completely agree, TC.

Old
11-09-2012, 12:32 AM
ps241
2.6% chance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Completely agree, TC.

Also notice the kid drop his head down and move it into the impact zone while he tried to chip or poke the puck past Trouba who was coming in for the hit?

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 12:35 AM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post

Also notice the kid drop his head down and move it into the impact zone while he tried to chip or poke the puck past Trouba who was coming in for the hit?
Don't think he'll try that again.

Old
11-09-2012, 12:36 AM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post

A 6'3 or 4 or 5 Trouba may have his shoulder at head height to alot of players.

Old
11-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Small Brain Presence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie View Post
Great to see. I want him to be a mean s.o.b. who people hate playing against.

Hope the kid he obliterated is okay.
Somebody in another thread said that he was cleared to play the next game and had two goals. If that's true, it's remarkable that he wasn't concussed on that hit.

Small Brain Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 02:42 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Brain Presence View Post
Somebody in another thread said that he was cleared to play the next game and had two goals. If that's true, it's remarkable that he wasn't concussed on that hit.
That was the game Trouba didn't play , right?

jetkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Huffer

Love this hit. If Trouba was a Leaf or Oiler prospect, there would have already been a 30 page thread on this hit on the prospect board.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Love this hit. If Trouba was a Leaf or Oiler prospect, there would have already been a 30 page thread on this hit on the prospect board.
Sure, but then every other fanbase would hate him and call him over-rated.

There's the pro's and con's of exposure.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 05:11 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

Quote:
The fact he's playing in the NCAA doesn't help either. Everyone knows he's years away. If he was in the CHL, there'd be more excitement due to the fact he could be available next year.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Sure, but then every other fanbase would hate him and call him over-rated.

There's the pro's and con's of exposure.
For sure, it's actually nice to not see Jet proposals every day in the trade forum. Most of the time they are terrible right off the bat.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Bob E

Quote:
True. He'll be a welcome addition when he finally arrives.

I'm just waiting for fans of other teams to start the 'Trouba wants out of Winnipeg' or 'value of: Jacob Trouba in trade' threads every week.

Can't wait for the offers of... we'll give you a 3rd rd pick and prospect 'x' (who will never make it out of the ECHL), for Trouba. But you might have to throw in a pick.

Old
11-09-2012, 07:40 PM
ps241
2.6% chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
The fact he's playing in the NCAA doesn't help either. Everyone knows he's years away. If he was in the CHL, there'd be more excitement due to the fact he could be available next year.
vBurmi this past summer when addressing the issue of how long he was going be in university Jacob said that whenever the Jets give him the green light to join the parent club he will be ready to go. he made it clear the NHL was his number one priority and University would always be there. I have no idea when he will be ready but if it happens to be next year he is all in.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 07:32 PM
takehisheadoff

I am loving Trouba more and more with the highlights I see of him. I am going to keep my mouth and thoughts quiet and shut when they draft. In 2011 I was furious when I seen they drafted Schieffle over Couturier. Now I see that was a better choice. Last draft I was mad because they passed up Grigorenko and Forsberg for Trouba. I keep watching videos of him on Youtube and keep liking what I see.

takehisheadoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 07:57 PM
devin1487

this reminds me of the hit Doug Weight on Brandon Sutter...clean hit sometimes when players are reaching with their head out and put themselves in a super vulnerable position.Clean hit

devin1487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Tintin's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by takehisheadoff View Post
I am loving Trouba more and more with the highlights I see of him. I am going to keep my mouth and thoughts quiet and shut when they draft. In 2011 I was furious when I seen they drafted Schieffle over Couturier. Now I see that was a better choice. Last draft I was mad because they passed up Grigorenko and Forsberg for Trouba. I keep watching videos of him on Youtube and keep liking what I see.
I'm with you 100% on Trouba. Most impressive is his quality play as an 18 year old in the NCAA. There is no gradual learning curve for him as it appears to me (from reading box scores and online snippets) that he is handling a big role for the Wolverines as a rookie. Hits, shoots, passes, hits some more...this guy really does it all from the blueline. And there's something very type A about of his personality I pick up from interviews and his Tweets that suggest to me he has the mental architecture to be a big-time player.

I hesitate to suggest Scheifele was the best pick for the Jets with who was still on the board. Couturier, yes, but even more so Dougie Hamilton. Guy is considered by many to be best defensive prospect not yet in the NHL in the world. NOT saying Scheifele is no good or a bust he is damn fine player. But Hamilton (and Couturier IMO) are better players. I root for Scheifele and salivate over thought of him taking out Strome for top scorer in the OHL. However, I think Hamilton is shaping up to be the best player taken in the #5+ range in the 2010 draft. Scheifele will be reliable but I don't think he is as great as is sometimes portrayed around here.

Tintin's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote