HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

New CBA? Are Panthers Well Positioned? (ALL CBA TALK HERE)

Old
10-17-2012, 08:21 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

vCash: 500
I think we'll have our answer tomorrow. Either the players come with an offer that speaks the same language, and we'll start to move towards a resolution. Or they'll come with something totally off the wall and we'll be done until Sochi.

KittysGotClaws is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 06:44 AM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittysGotClaws View Post
I think we'll have our answer tomorrow. Either the players come with an offer that speaks the same language, and we'll start to move towards a resolution. Or they'll come with something totally off the wall and we'll be done until Sochi.
NHLPA hasn't asked anything yet, improvements for them, i believe. Maybe their answer will include them also.

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
@TSNBobMcKenzie: I am hearing NHLPA presented three offers to NHL

@GinoRedaTSN: "we are no where close to what we had proposed and to what we consider our best offer"- Bettman

@NabilKarimTSN: Bettman on next step: I don't know, hopefully we will hear back, but I'm disappointed #TSN #NHL

Last edited by Coolburn: 10-18-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 03:15 PM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235
Main board going ape, says the PA's counter offer killed our season 100%.

billysbreakdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Panther View Post
Main board going ape, says the PA's counter offer killed our season 100%.
It really sounds though like Bettman is basically saying the league is unwilling to negotiate with his "this is our best offer" stance. Both sides are obviously at fault and if the season is killed, its because of both of them not just the PA.

Old
10-19-2012, 09:07 AM
Coolburn

If anyone is interested in seeing some details of the NHLPA's offer, this is interesting to look at it. Its based on the league's 5% growth rate from Tuesday's offer and shows that the players tried to get to a 50/50 split by the end. I'm still disappointed in both sides (you cant base 50/50 on continued 5% growth and you cant expect players to give up current money immediately) but definitely disappointed the league wouldnt even spend a few hrs discussing it:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...article4622895

Old
10-19-2012, 11:57 AM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235
What's everyone's opinion, are we done for the year or is there still hope? I mean two days ago we all were super optimistic and thought for sure this would get sorted out, now it's pretty much a dead end.

billysbreakdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 12:17 PM
panthertod

still very hopefull, it's all posturing now. Next week they'll get back at it. I'll be very surprised if they're not playing in November.

panthertod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 03:14 PM
Howboutthempanthers

So the way I understand it is that the players would agree to a 50/50 split if the owners honor all current player contracts. And the owners feel that's not an option. And that's where we are at. Maybe it's just me but I feel there's a deal there to be made and maybe someone is just waiting to see if the other side will fall for it's bluff. At least that's what the optimist in me says.

Howboutthempanthers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
So the way I understand it is that the players would agree to a 50/50 split if the owners honor all current player contracts. And the owners feel that's not an option. And that's where we are at. Maybe it's just me but I feel there's a deal there to be made and maybe someone is just waiting to see if the other side will fall for it's bluff. At least that's what the optimist in me says.
IF that's the case then I don't understand why the owners wouldnt be okay with that. THEY'RE the ones that signed the players to those massive contracts.

Boooooth10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Coolburn

Quote:
Thats essentially where we are at. And on top of that, the players are actually agreeing to a 50/50 split too which is a feat in itself. They just dont agree to when that 50/50 split should occur in this CBA...a more phased in approach than the league was offering.

Old
10-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:
The bolded part is where the problem is. It translates to "we'll take 50/50 except for all the already signed deals meaning we get 50% + $600 million" A true 50/50 would take most of that into escrow payments and redistribute it based on revenues.

Desert Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 08:49 AM
Coolburn

I doubt I would get in trouble for this but I did just overhear our owner talking about the CBA & the negotiations and how it relates to our team. I didnt catch specific details but I did hear something about not being able to spend more than 50% of revenue. I'm not sure if he was speaking to Bill Torrey, Dale Tallon or whoever but clearly was discussing the issues with the CBA. Interesting when this comes on the heels of the league rejecting the players overtures to meet to discuss the CBA.

Old
10-27-2012, 07:47 PM
nuck
Axis of Evil

I think the players offer was 50% within x number of years meaning guarantee current money and let inflation increase overall revenue year by year until what is todays 57% is 50% of a larger pie in a few years.

nuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 09:49 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Did we ever find out about the extent of bergenheim's injury? Also I'm curious where panthers ownership fits within the NHL group? They have been relatively quiet. According to many sources a select few owners seems to have the majority of the power including guys like the Wild owner and Ed Snyder owner of the flyers. I wish George Richards would interview Viner to get his perspective on things.

I know were in the midst of the lockout but I feel like any hockey talk regarding Panthers has ceased to exist. Eventually whether this season or next hockey will be back. What will we look like? Do you guys like our odds of going back to the playoffs?

Its depressing every day i check these boards and very little happens. The lockout doesn't mean we should stop talking about panthers and hockey.

PanthersHockey1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Well whatever group Ed Snider is in, the Panthers ownership is in the other group. There seems to be conflicting reports about which group of owners is behind Bettman. Unfortunately with the language being used I could see a year long lockout. I like our chances to make the playoffs in 13-14 though with Bjugstad and Howden coming in. Shore and Wellman will also challenge them for spots. Its hard to tell what the goaltending will look like though.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 01:39 AM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
Did we ever find out about the extent of bergenheim's injury? Also I'm curious where panthers ownership fits within the NHL group? They have been relatively quiet. According to many sources a select few owners seems to have the majority of the power including guys like the Wild owner and Ed Snyder owner of the flyers. I wish George Richards would interview Viner to get his perspective on things.

I know were in the midst of the lockout but I feel like any hockey talk regarding Panthers has ceased to exist. Eventually whether this season or next hockey will be back. What will we look like? Do you guys like our odds of going back to the playoffs?

Its depressing every day i check these boards and very little happens. The lockout doesn't mean we should stop talking about panthers and hockey.
I think you're totally right PF1. Thanks for bringing this up. I do what you do every day as well. But it's hard to discuss when the lockout seems to take so long and nothing happens.

Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 04:16 AM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
there's a gag-order on the owners that does not allow them to talk to the media about the lockout....which is why we really dont hear anything.

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 07:06 AM
SufferingCatFan

After Daly and Steve Fehr met until 1 AM last night, it appears that both sides have agreed to continue negotiations early next week according to tweets from both Dreger and LeBrun.

I am optimistic that a deal may come together over the next couple of weeks. The players have now lost 25% of their salaries and are starting to feel the pressure. Ditto for the owners. This would mean that games might start in time for the Christmas holiday.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 07:08 AM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
there's a gag-order on the owners that does not allow them to talk to the media about the lockout....which is why we really dont hear anything.
I'm sure Richards and Fialkov have been assigned to cover other sports due to the lockout as well, which makes for even less NHL/Panthers news in S. Florida.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 02:55 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Its a miracle some Panthers related news thanks to Dale Tallon. God you would never know this team existed even when we were playing its even worse now. Anyways here's DT's comment to Sun-Sentinel.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...or-future.html

PanthersHockey1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 06:56 PM
harv3317

anyone considering replacement players ala nfl?

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Howboutthempanthers

Trying not to get to optimistic because I've been down this road waaaaay too many times before but they seem for the first time to be doing some serious negotiating. Please, let's get this done. We really need hockey.

Howboutthempanthers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Miss you guys, most of ya anyway, hope we've got something to talk about soon. Appreciate the posts about the kids, though.

11-09-2012, 12:33 AM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3317 View Post
anyone considering replacement players ala nfl?
Not at all. I want Gudbranson, I want Goc, I want Versteeg, Mueller, Campbell and Parros.
I'd much rather support the Cyclones and Rampage than the Florida Mock-Panthers.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote