HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Science
Science A place to discuss natural, formal and applied science topics such as chemistry, physics, biology, logic, engineering, etc.

New Dinosaur

Old
11-09-2012, 03:08 AM
Gustav Nyquist
#FireHolland

vCash: 500
New Dinosaur

http://scienceblog.com/57556/meet-xe...rned-dinosaur/

Quote:
Scientists have named a new species of horned dinosaur (ceratopsian) from Alberta, Canada. Xenoceratops foremostensis (Zee-NO-Sare-ah-tops) was identified from fossils originally collected in 1958. Approximately 20 feet long and weighing more than 2 tons, the newly identified plant-eating dinosaur represents the oldest known large-bodied horned dinosaur from Canada. Research describing the new species is published in the October 2012 issue of the Canadian Journal of Earth Sciences.

Gustav Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 03:11 AM
Hugh Mann*
Hey! Hey! You! You!

vCash: 50
Birds are modern day dinosaurs.

Hugh Mann* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 03:33 AM
jimmythescot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Mann View Post
Birds are modern day dinosaurs.
Whenever I'm eating something in a park and they all surround me, that's what I think of.

It's hard not to notice the barely contained malevolent insanity lurking behind their eyes once you see it for the first time.

jimmythescot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 08:02 AM
octopi

vCash: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythescot View Post
Whenever I'm eating something in a park and they all surround me, that's what I think of.

It's hard not to notice the barely contained malevolent insanity lurking behind their eyes once you see it for the first time.
I keep my dad's birds on their toes by threatening them with a chicken drumstick whenever I go there."Mmmm, tasty birdie"

I love the new dino find...talk about your ten year old dreams coming true. From the age of 8-12, my goal in life was to be a paleontologist

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote