HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player Inquiry Thread (ALL other player-related threads will be deleted)

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2012, 08:33 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
I wouldn't be surprised if it is OEL at this moment. I sure wish we could find out.

09-22-2012, 09:18 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Here we go again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
I'm going with Vrbata. May be an off the board pick but i feel even amongst Coyote fans, this guy is under the radar. He does not get enough credit.
Mike Smith.

Old
09-23-2012, 02:44 AM
awfulwaffle

Boyd Gordon. Easily one of our best PK'rs out there, and always willing to put himself in front of a shot so it doesn't reach net. I don't always go by points, and production offensively, not to mention he's amazing in the face off circle. Totally below the radar stud on this team.

Old
09-23-2012, 12:01 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 461
I wouldn't mind seeing how Vermette does for a whole season with us.

Old
09-23-2012, 08:40 PM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Boyd Gordon. Easily one of our best PK'rs out there, and always willing to put himself in front of a shot so it doesn't reach net. I don't always go by points, and production offensively, not to mention he's amazing in the face off circle. Totally below the radar stud on this team.
I take a similar liking to Korpikoski, hes hands down one of my favorite Coyotes. Well rounded player, fantastic defensively, and fast.

Old
09-23-2012, 11:04 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
Yandle. He gets a lot of crap for not being the best defensively but he isn't bad, he is actually pretty good. He is a player that would be great in pretty much any system, something many Coyotes can't claim they'd be.
I agree!
He brings cohesion to the pact mentality. Coach Tippet preaches for the defense to jump into the offense, and no one reads the play or jumps into it better than KY. Oliver is good and you can tell he is destine for greatness, but he still needs to mature physically.

But back to the question, the best current Coyote, in my honest opinion, is the Zamboni driver since the players and management are irrelevant at the moment...

Old
09-23-2012, 11:55 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post

But back to the question, the best current Coyote, in my honest opinion, is the Zamboni driver since the players and management are irrelevant at the moment...
Since there are 2 Zambonis (or is it 2 or more Zamboni and 1 Zambonus), you need to pick one driver?

Old
10-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Justinov

Mikkel Bødker (or Boedker for those without Ø on their keyboard) has joined fellow danish NHL'ers Frans Nielsen (Islanders) and Philip Larsen (Stars) and also Frans' goalkeeping brother Simon in the finnish SM-liiga playing for Rauman Lukko. The team was last in the league and really struggling with low goal scoring and a defence/goalkeeping full of holes.
After his arrival the team has won 1 game (4-1), lost one in overtime (2-3) and lost one on a single goal difference (1-2).
Mikkel Bødker has so far 3 goals in 3 matches (1 each match) and a +2 statistics which together with Frans Nielsen is team best. Basically all the team is on minus statistics.
So he continues his goalscoring from the Stanley Cup playoffs!! Seems like he is finally getting back to the promise of his rookie season in the NHL.

Old
10-09-2012, 10:26 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Mikkel Bødker (or Boedker for those without Ø on their keyboard) has joined fellow danish NHL'ers Frans Nielsen (Islanders) and Philip Larsen (Stars) and also Frans' goalkeeping brother Simon in the finnish SM-liiga playing for Rauman Lukko. The team was last in the league and really struggling with low goal scoring and a defence/goalkeeping full of holes.
After his arrival the team has won 1 game (4-1), lost one in overtime (2-3) and lost one on a single goal difference (1-2).
Mikkel Bødker has so far 3 goals in 3 matches (1 each match) and a +2 statistics which together with Frans Nielsen is team best. Basically all the team is on minus statistics.
So he continues his goalscoring from the Stanley Cup playoffs!! Seems like he is finally getting back to the promise of his rookie season in the NHL.
Justin Azevedo is his old teammate from his days as a Kitchener Ranger, as well.

Glad Boeds is helping that team out, and I really appreciate the updates.

Thanks.

Old
10-10-2012, 04:15 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Justin Azevedo is his old teammate from his days as a Kitchener Ranger, as well.

Glad Boeds is helping that team out, and I really appreciate the updates.

Thanks.
Yeah Justin Azevedo is apparently also on a roll. After 4 good seasons in the AHL for Manchester Monarchs following his Kitchener Rangers years, you start to wonder that it's only his size that kept him from NHL. Certainly not his skill level. He seems to be very suited for european hockey. He has 3G 7A in 11 games (with 1G 1A game last night).

Bødker also scored last night...an empty netter on an assist from Frans Nielsen (again). Lukko won 4-2 over SaiPa.
So Bødker has now 4G 0A in 4 matches. It seems that Frans Nielsen and Bødker plays very well offensively together on the third line and play excellent defence as well. They are both +3 now.

Old
10-10-2012, 09:10 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Azevedo is not only tiny, but a bit or a poor skater and pretty lackluster defensively. At least for the NHL level, anyway.

Maybe Maloney should be on the phone with Snow trying to lure Nielsen away. He'd be a great Tippett player.

Last edited by rt: 10-10-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old
10-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Azevedo is not only tiny, but a bit or a poor skater and pretty lackluster defensively. At least for the NHL level, anyway.

Maybe Maloney should be on the phone with Snow trying to lure Nielsen away. He'd be a great Tippett player.
Yeah it will be hard to lure Frans Nielsen away from Islanders unless you really overbid. He is a very skilled defensive forward and a fairly good playmaker. Maybe his production would be much higher if he played with better wings? He also has one of the best shootout-statistics in NHL and is very good on PK. So far in Lukko 3 out of 4 Bødker goals came from a Frans Nielsen pass.
About Azevedo: With his size (1.70cm) maybe he has just realized that he wont make any real difference in defence than just being somewhat in the way
About Bødker: Maybe his lack of scoring these last years came from not being with a good playmaker and slowly losing his confidence after the rookie season? The playoff succes seems to be what he needed!

The possible all-danish 3rd line for any NHL team could be: Mikkel Bødker - Frans Nielsen - Jannik Hansen. That line would be pretty hard to score on and could make some serious fast contra-attacks. But it would take a lot of footwork to make that possible

Old
10-10-2012, 02:28 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Here we go again.

Quote:

The possible all-danish 3rd line for any NHL team could be: Mikkel Bødker - Frans Nielsen - Jannik Hansen. That line would be pretty hard to score on and could make some serious fast contra-attacks. But it would take a lot of footwork to make that possible

Sounds like a perfect Tippet line. Make it happen DM

Old
10-11-2012, 08:52 AM
mitch27

I would LOVE to add Frans Nielson. I'm a huge fan of his game and he's definitely a Tippett player. I think he's pretty important to the Isles though.

Old
10-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Justinov

Talking about third lines it seems that some stat-oriented fans greatly underestimate their importance (a general observation, not anyone currently on this thread). If you want a succesfull team in a long season and a long playoff then you need to be able to rest your star players.
Mikkel Bødker, Philip Larsen and Frans Nielsen playing in the third line in Lukko has actually dramatically changed their teams performance.
From going 14-27 goal difference and 4 points in 7 games before their arrival. They have after arrival 11-8 in goal difference and 7 points in 4 games.
Getting Frans Nielsen from Islanders or Jannik Hansen from Canucks would probably have to overbid for a top 6 forward or something like that. Nobody is seriously considering that, (or)? I'm not knowledgeable enough to site any examples from history where it has happened. Off course the financial gain of having star players are very important for sales of merchandise and seats, so maybe that factor also has a role in the decisionmaking. But a team with balanced strong lines might actually be quiet succesful compared with teams running on few star players but less depth. (Im not referring here to star-goalies who have huge importance).
What do you think is optimum or the average Phoenix-fan preference? Having a top filled with stars but lack of depth or a team without huge stars but which is strong overall?

Old
10-14-2012, 03:57 AM
Justinov

Bødker update. After a loss away to TPS 2-4 without any Bødker point, he took revenge when Lukko then met TPS at home and won 3-2.

Bødker scored on a pass from Frans Nielsen (what's new?). Its the second goal (Lukko in blue).
http://www.iltalehti.fi/iltvsmliiga/...01424_v8.shtml

So the danish 3rd line have the following stats:
Mikkel Bødker 5G 0A in 6 games, +4 statistics.
Frans Nielsen 0G 6A in 6 games, +5 statistics.
Philip Larsen 1G 4A in 6 games, +4 statistics.
Best non-danish player on team has +2. (Referring to my post above that 3'rd lines actually can win matches).

Old
10-14-2012, 05:17 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Bødker update. After a loss away to TPS 2-4 without any Bødker point, he took revenge when Lukko then met TPS at home and won 3-2.

Bødker scored on a pass from Frans Nielsen (what's new?). Its the second goal (Lukko in blue).
http://www.iltalehti.fi/iltvsmliiga/...01424_v8.shtml

So the danish 3rd line have the following stats:
Mikkel Bødker 5G 0A in 6 games, +4 statistics.
Frans Nielsen 0G 6A in 6 games, +5 statistics.
Philip Larsen 1G 4A in 6 games, +4 statistics.
Best non-danish player on team has +2. (Referring to my post above that 3'rd lines actually can win matches).
It's actually the third goal that Boedker scores even though it's the 2-0 goal. in this video it's third in line.
Also it's a beut of a goal

Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 10-14-2012 at 05:25 AM.
Old
10-16-2012, 03:57 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Boedker added another goal and an assist to his tally:

Ilves-Lukko 1-4

So it's now 6g - 1a in 7games

BOXSCORE

Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 10-17-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Old
10-18-2012, 04:41 AM
Justinov

It seems the 3 danish NHL'ers is now playing at the second line.

Mikkel Bødker: 6G 1A in 7 matches +4
Frans Nielsen: 0G 7A in 7 matches +5
Philip Larsen: 1G 4A in 7 matches +5
Lukko's pointleader is the veteran and current 4'th liner Jussi Pesonen that after 3 points last game (with only 8.41 min playing time) have overtaken Justin Azevedo. He is now the only on the team that has a plus/minus better than 1, beside the danes.
Jussi Pesonen: 6G 5A in 13 matches +4 (quite impressive for a 4'th liner)!

Old
10-18-2012, 09:40 AM
XX
SOS

Was impressed with Boedker's stats until I noticed Ramzi Abid and Tyler Redenbach are top 20 scorers in Finland. Could be worse, though. Having Boedker break out and become a 30 goal type would be huge.

Old
10-20-2012, 05:02 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Was impressed with Boedker's stats until I noticed Ramzi Abid and Tyler Redenbach are top 20 scorers in Finland. Could be worse, though. Having Boedker break out and become a 30 goal type would be huge.
Yeah that would be what people have hoped for since he was drafted 8'th. Bødker is working himself steadily upwards towards top 20. (34 now). His goal production so far in SM-liiga must give him a real confidence boost.
If we compare to other NHL'ers coming over, he is in no way lacking behind:
Mikkel Bødker 7G 2A in 8 matches
Valtteri Filppula (Detroit) 5G 6A in 10 matches
Jussi Jokinen (Carolina) 2G 8A in 8 matches
Erik Karlsson (Ottawa) 3G 4A in 9 matches
Jesse Joensuu (NYI) 8G 5A in 12 matches

Last night another win for Lukko with 4-1 over HIFK. Bødker scored a goal (SH ET) and got 1 assist (with Frans Nielsen for a Philip Larsen PP goal) and 3*2min in the penalty box.
Hightlights: (Lukko in blue)
http://www.iltalehti.fi/iltvsmliiga/...39900_v8.shtml

All the NHL-danes were back in the third line

Old
10-31-2012, 07:27 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

I saw that Don Maloney Jr is on bereavement leave from the Sundogs. Anyone know anything more?

Old
11-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Coatsy79

Hearing Paul bissonette has signed for the Cardiff devils?

Anything we should know about him over here, other than he likes his tweets

Old
11-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coatsy79 View Post
Anything we should know about him over here, other than he likes his tweets
Thats about 90% of all you need to know, the other 10 is he forgets to tie-down his jersey during playoff games.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...005721806.html

Article on the signing:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sports/...1466-32148533/

Old
11-09-2012, 06:12 AM
meph

didnt know where to put it, but i thought you guys might be interested
beauty of a hit by martin hanzal
hopefully you guys can see it, never tried accessing this web from abroad

http://www.sport.cz/hokej/extraliga/...rotiutoku.html

hanzal sadly got called for a clean hit and now sparta prague is saying he was headhunting

Closed Thread