HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Official HF Oil GM Connected NHL13 (PS3/Xbox360) Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2012, 12:37 AM
Jepprey
Creeper

vCash: 500
Sounds like this CPU vs waivers thing is becoming a real beach.

Old
11-09-2012, 12:48 AM
Jepprey
Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by czar99 View Post
My thoughts on this is that, part of being a gm is roster management. I've been very mindful of it since the first few sims and I got robbed of players. I personally think that if a player hits the wire he's fare game. The whole purpose of being a GM is the whole sum of being a gm, not just playing the games.

If not then let me know cause then I can call up and waive players as I see fit and all I have to do is post and tell people not to claim them.
I think you're missing the point. Some guys are having top players being sent to the Waivers. The CPU is doing it just like it does it on gm mode. MOD

IMO roster management is actually the most important part of gm connected, not the games played. So having guys moving around like this is really counterproductive to building a team.

Last edited by Fugu: 11-09-2012 at 10:34 AM. Reason: ...
Old
11-09-2012, 07:46 AM
InUtero
Oilers!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EDM14OIL93 View Post
Trade Bogosian and a 7th for a 7th
I'm fine with this

Old
11-09-2012, 08:26 AM
bzur

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightEdge View Post
I'm fine with this
I agree. It's one thing if a player is on waivers because the GM made moves, but after the sim I think it's fair to give these players back. I will know if it's due to the sim because I check after every one.
Also, in theory if the player is put on waivers again the previous owning team has first dibs. Should be able to avoid a trade that way.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:23 AM
czar99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepprey View Post
I think you're missing the point. Some guys are having top players being sent to the Waivers. The CPU is doing it just like it does it on gm mode. MOD

IMO roster management is actually the most important part of gm connected, not the games played. So having guys moving around like this is really counterproductive to building a team.
I don't think I am missing the point and I don't say that I a argumentative manner. I also agree that roster management is the most important part of GM connected. I'll sum up what I just PMed the commish.

Every team gets a 24 man roster to deal with so that's 12 forwards, 6 Defense and 2 goalies. That leaves 4 other roster spots for you to use as you see fit. Now lets say I have 3 players injured:

Injured player 1=5 games
Injured player 2=2 games
Injured player 3=1 game

Now lets say that I have three games left that I know I won't be able to play and the sim is coming up, then I know that that I have to make sure that I only have 2 undressed players because if I have more the CPU is going to send 1 player down to the minors if you have no one that can be sent down without clearing then he go's to the waiver wire. I've personally lost a decent Depth Defenceman last season. I learned quick because at one point I had my top five D out at the same time.

All that being said I don't know the scenario in which Winnipeg sent Bogosian thru wavers. It's safe to assume he didn't mean to. Or maybe he wasn't sure how injuries go hand in hand with roster management.

For the record I didn't personally put in a claim on Bogosian. I also find it funny that a previous poster(not yourself)likes to attack me at every turn and says that people who claim other people's star players are going to ruin the league yet that poster put in a claim on Bogosian him self.

Anyways I wasn't trying to be a scrub and claim other players star. I was just pointing out that like you said roster management is IMO a huge part of GM Connected and if you want to ignore that aspect of the game then your going to eventually get burned by certain GMs that claim your star players.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:39 AM
czar99

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzur View Post
I agree. It's one thing if a player is on waivers because the GM made moves, but after the sim I think it's fair to give these players back. I will know if it's due to the sim because I check after every one.
Also, in theory if the player is put on waivers again the previous owning team has first dibs. Should be able to avoid a trade that way.
I don't think you can put in a claim on your own player. The only way for you to get your guy back is if no one puts in a claim then he gets sent down then you can recall him and your golden.

Old
11-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

Ok. I'll say it once again, the roster management should be all on the human though, not some computer putting some of the best players on the wire. That should not happen 100 percent. Simple. The AI is FLAWED this way.

As it was the start of the season, many rosters were fixed by the computer, more specifically not many were cap friendly. And you will notice this sim, there are numerous amounts of waiver pickups made available, again more than likely made by AI. The AI can cripple franchises if its sending down guys like Bogosian, Giroux, Kessel, etc.

Old
11-09-2012, 12:33 PM
czar99

I guess they should put one more sim period before the start of the season. That way it gives a grace period to select your roster like in be a gm mode. The only way that they could make it 100% human roster management is to ignore the 24 man roster all together. Then you would never have to worry about that stuff. And the CPU should send players down from worst to best. Or they could put a option to ignore waivers when the commish sets up the league. That would solve that in a hurry. I personally like the 24 man roster and waivers for the reasons above. But I does leave you vulnerable to get pretty screwed if let's say you have a six or seven game schedule. And your out of town for a few. You could get screwed pretty good thru a sim.

Old
11-09-2012, 12:42 PM
tv14

Feel bad for claiming him now! Haha.
Any way you can cancel a waiver claim?

Old
11-09-2012, 01:20 PM
camwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
Feel bad for claiming him now! Haha.
Any way you can cancel a waiver claim?
no man you just have to trade him back next sim, player + 7th for a 7th is the most common trade when this issues arise

Old
11-09-2012, 01:29 PM
camwise

you should sit him as well to avoid injury just sayin

Old
11-09-2012, 01:30 PM
tv14

Quote:
Originally Posted by camwise View Post
no man you just have to trade him back next sim, player + 7th for a 7th is the most common trade when this issues arise
Hopefully it doesn't make my team do some crazy roster move if I get him.

Old
11-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Oil Gauge

Quote:
My thoughts on this is that, part of being a gm is roster management. I've been very mindful of it since the first few sims and I got robbed of players. I personally think that if a player hits the wire he's fare game. The whole purpose of being a GM is the whole sum of being a gm, not just playing the games.

If not then let me know cause then I can call up and waive players as I see fit and all I have to do is post and tell people not to claim them.
See but at times you have no control over what the AI GM does during a sim.

Quote:
I don't think I am missing the point and I don't say that I a argumentative manner. I also agree that roster management is the most important part of GM connected. I'll sum up what I just PMed the commish.

Every team gets a 24 man roster to deal with so that's 12 forwards, 6 Defense and 2 goalies. That leaves 4 other roster spots for you to use as you see fit. Now lets say I have 3 players injured:

Injured player 1=5 games
Injured player 2=2 games
Injured player 3=1 game

Now lets say that I have three games left that I know I won't be able to play and the sim is coming up, then I know that that I have to make sure that I only have 2 undressed players because if I have more the CPU is going to send 1 player down to the minors if you have no one that can be sent down without clearing then he go's to the waiver wire. I've personally lost a decent Depth Defenceman last season. I learned quick because at one point I had my top five D out at the same time.

All that being said I don't know the scenario in which Winnipeg sent Bogosian thru wavers. It's safe to assume he didn't mean to. Or maybe he wasn't sure how injuries go hand in hand with roster management.

For the record I didn't personally put in a claim on Bogosian. I also find it funny that a previous poster(not yourself)likes to attack me at every turn and says that people who claim other people's star players are going to ruin the league yet that poster put in a claim on Bogosian him self.

Anyways I wasn't trying to be a scrub and claim other players star. I was just pointing out that like you said roster management is IMO a huge part of GM Connected and if you want to ignore that aspect of the game then your going to eventually get burned by certain GMs that claim your star players.
SO say you have everything figured out but you have 5 games left to play when the sim goes through. You end up with 2 or 3 1 game injuries in the sim. The AI GM makes moves for this and decides to send someone like bogosian through waivers, you lose him, even though you planned ahead and did all you could do to stop this from happening it happened anyways. Aren't you gonna feel ripped off? Aren't you going to want Bogosian back because the AI GM is stupid? I know I would, and of course you would.

Old
11-09-2012, 02:58 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

I took some player of waivers and it screwed up my salary I had to put hiller on waivers

Old
11-09-2012, 03:45 PM
bzur

Okay, so with matters such as this waiver stuff :
-if a player is lost due to a sim such as bogosian or any player that the GM would have never put on waivers, I will post a message after the sim telling people to not take him. If he is taken, the team that gets him will trade him back. No ifs ands or buts.

Also, in regards to smack talk and any general *****ing (especially on here) :
I will not tolerate it. This is your one and only warning. If GMs want to be confrontational they will not be in this league. I will be immediately removing any problem makers without further warning, so zip your lips and just have fun!

Old
11-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzur View Post
Okay, so with matters such as this waiver stuff :
-if a player is lost due to a sim such as bogosian or any player that the GM would have never put on waivers, I will post a message after the sim telling people to not take him. If he is taken, the team that gets him will trade him back. No ifs ands or buts.

Also, in regards to smack talk and any general *****ing (especially on here) :
I will not tolerate it. This is your one and only warning. If GMs want to be confrontational they will not be in this league. I will be immediately removing any problem makers without further warning, so zip your lips and just have fun!
Here's another problem. What if the cpu teams pick up Bogosian? What now?

Old
11-09-2012, 03:56 PM
oilfan09

Can anyone explain to me how and why I had to give ANA a 2nd as compensation when I didn't get anything from that team?? Am I missing something here?

Old
11-09-2012, 04:09 PM
tv14

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfan09 View Post
Can anyone explain to me how and why I had to give ANA a 2nd as compensation when I didn't get anything from that team?? Am I missing something here?
Did you sign one of their RFAs?

Old
11-09-2012, 04:10 PM
bzur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
Here's another problem. What if the cpu teams pick up Bogosian? What now?
If that happens I'll use my friends Xbox to join and I'll trade the player back

Old
11-09-2012, 04:15 PM
czar99

Quote:
Originally Posted by camwise View Post
you should sit him as well to avoid injury just sayin
Could you imagine.

And on an injury note Bogosian will be side lined for 52 game for a broken neck suffered in a game vs Winnipeg over the weekend.

Old
11-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Firefoxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfan09 View Post
Same thing happened when I signed an RFA. Its a glitch in the game, hes on the roster but cant be traded for since there is an "outstanding" offer sheet. It's like it only picked up half the deal.

Old
11-09-2012, 09:23 PM
bzur

Colorado and Columbus now have GMs. **** yes!

Old
11-09-2012, 10:10 PM
tv14

Getting so frustrated. I'm 3-6-1 and I've honestly pretty much dominate every single game. It's hard to win when your goalie lets 3+ goals in 15 shots every game and I get 1 or less goals on 20+ shots. So much for my 13 million goalie tandem.

Old
11-09-2012, 10:16 PM
czar99

Quote:
Getting so frustrated. I'm 3-6-1 and I've honestly pretty much dominate every single game. It's hard to win when your goalie lets 3+ goals in 15 shots every game and I get 1 or less goals on 20+ shots. So much for my 13 million goalie tandem.
I won't even tell you what I just went thru.

Old
11-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
I feel the pain too, currently 3-4-0 and even have Martin St Louis leading the league in points with 17 in 7 games

Closed Thread