Notices

2012 CBA Discussion III (Lockout Talk)

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2012, 05:36 PM
smithformeragent

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
IIRC, last time they played a shortened season in '95, they had to redo the schedule. Am I right? I was a kid, but I remember going to a game at the garden and they used the tickets for "Game X" and the paper ticket would have the original opponent crossed off and the new opponent written in.

In other words, don't they have to remake the schedule? What happens with ticket sales?

Old
11-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris
The NHL did in fact respond to NHLPA proposals today.

Old
11-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Shaun
beauty

Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl
Fehr says they are done for the night and plan is to meet again tomorrow. He did not disclose anything that is being discussed with the NHL.

Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl
Fehr was asked about the "make-whole" provision and did not disclose anything. He stressed he would not discuss what is being discussed.

Old
11-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Shaun
beauty

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet
NHLPA may be done at the Secret location with NHL, but they have some work to do tonight for tomorrow's meeting with League.

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris
Gary Bettman says there's "still a lot of work to do."

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet
Told that league not sure if there was any real traction today. Will have to wait for PA's response on Friday.

Old
11-08-2012, 05:48 PM
ssault
SW BROONS

Less is more right now. Not sure why Bettman and Fehr even spoke with reporters.

Old
11-08-2012, 06:50 PM
sooshii
Living the dream

Thanks Shaun.

Old
11-09-2012, 04:39 AM
sooshii
Living the dream

Quote:
So obviously there were enough good vibrations to keep going after Thursday's session,*and that's the good news. After more than 20 hours of discussions in Manhattan the train is still on its track, and the two sides will sit across from one another for a fourth consecutive day on Friday.*It's a*2012 NHL lockout record.
Quote:
This could be a case where, after two weeks of giving each other the silent treatment, the cancellation of the November schedule and the Winter Classic, neither the NHL nor the NHLPA wants to be seen as the bad boy and stomp off. So they will push on to more talks on Friday, and possibly into the weekend.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...the-rails.html

Old
11-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
I know GloryDaze is waiting for news, and don't know why I am linking to this article. Maybe because it's the biggest piece of trash I have read yet.

http://thehockeywriters.com/donald-f...ppage-warrior/

Old
11-09-2012, 07:37 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
I know GloryDaze is waiting for news, and don't know why I am linking to this article. Maybe because it's the biggest piece of trash I have read yet.

Dom,

You are the man. I can't stand Fehr myself, but even I think it's ludicrous to blame the lockout on one guy, LOL.

Does the guy that wrote that article post here? (Snicker)

Old
11-09-2012, 07:46 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Dom,

You are the man. I can't stand Fehr myself, but even I think it's ludicrous to blame the lockout on one guy, LOL.

Does the guy that wrote that article post here? (Snicker)
The bolded

1) I'm not a fan of Fehr either, but will defend him when crap like that gets written.

2) I know what you did there

Old
11-09-2012, 07:52 AM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

I would not pay much attention to all these reports because if there source is not Fehr or Bettman, they have no clue about what there pychological end goal is.

Its really all mind games Fehr knew the NHL did not want the early season less money generating games witch is also taking away those paychecks from the players, he waited for those games to be cancelled and then said oh btw we want our contracts made whole.

This was to piss of the Owners, he has been trying to get under the skin of the weaker franchise owners to get them to go to the big money teams and demand more money in revenue sharing, this means that only the poorer teams want revenue sharing more than ever, witch is created a little divide in the owners.

The Owners came back with the paying the first two years becuase most players are not more than 3 years on a deal making most of the players like that, and the really long term guys witch 7+ years witch there are not as many look really greedy, trying to divide the union a little.

Both parties have been hard at work trying to divide the others, now that either they have acomplished there goal, or know that the other party will not crack they are at the table.

They are really trying to get a deal now thats what I think, but if the Owners are dead set on not having a season its another mind game to get what they want in March.

Old
11-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post

Wow. Tell me that's The Onion. Please.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:16 AM
ranold26
Get off my rink!

If the season is in doubt, my love of NHL hockey is in doubt.
I've had enough. Life is too short for this bullcrap every few years.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:20 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
I'm stupid, I will always come back, but I hear ya. It's ******* annoying.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:22 AM
Therick67

Clearly it's fehr's fault, it's not like this league had lockouts and strikes before he came on board

Old
11-09-2012, 08:52 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
by this time next week they'll all be smiling as Elvis Costello's version of Whats so Funny 'Bout Peace, Love, and Understanding, plays in the background.

This is a lock to get done- once both sides know the other is sincere the 'squeezing every last drop has to take place.'

If it is not done this weekend- after a long weekend they will close this by Thursday the 15th latest

Old
11-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Shaun
beauty

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Todays negotiations have or are about to begin. Scheduled 10 am mtngs in NYC.

Old
11-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
I don't understand the fear of losing a season.

Last time they did not talk for 3 months.. they did not have this much face to face until January.

The fact that proposals are still "far off" but they would rather NOT be the party to stop the negotiations tells me that the NHL and NHLPA are feeling pressure to get a deal done.

Like Dupes tweeted yesterday.. B and C list players want to play and get paid. As do many big money owners.

Old
11-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Shaun
beauty

Renaud P Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
Expect 2 sessions of CBA talks today. One in the morning and the other one in the afternoon.

Old
11-09-2012, 09:16 AM
Ratty

Thank God we have good college hockey in this area. Got tickets for BC/BU Sunday at Agganis. That building rocks; partisan BU, of course, but fun anyway. Looking forward to a peek at Matt Grzelczyk.

Old
11-09-2012, 09:32 AM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Nesn should broadcast a game vs. the same team we would be faceing every game night so we can atleast watch a season.

Old
11-09-2012, 09:37 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
I'm stupid, I will always come back, but I hear ya. It's ******* annoying.
We will be distracted thankfully trying to guide our teams to the Cup...

Old
11-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
Nesn should broadcast a game vs. the same team we would be faceing every game night so we can atleast watch a season.
They've been broadcasting the 2011 playoffs. They're on Tampa right now (Game 2 was last night). Fridays and Saturdays, I believe, they're showing college hockey.

Old
11-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
by this time next week they'll all be smiling as Elvis Costello's version of Whats so Funny 'Bout Peace, Love, and Understanding, plays in the background.

This is a lock to get done- once both sides know the other is sincere the 'squeezing every last drop has to take place.'

If it is not done this weekend- after a long weekend they will close this by Thursday the 15th latest
Hopefully, but I am more in the Randy category in terms of how I feel right now. I know I will obviously watch and love hockey...that never goes away but I just dont even notice life without it right now. Furthermore I think both sides are making an incredibly stupid business decision because if hardcore fans like myself, Randy and others have sour tastes than imagine the fringe fan mindset.

I have purposely not even paid attention to it so I dont become more disgruntled, but the NHL has a history of shooting themselves in the foot whenever they gain popularity.

Old
11-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Hopefully, but I am more in the Randy category in terms of how I feel right now. I know I will obviously watch and love hockey...that never goes away but I just dont even notice life without it right now. Furthermore I think both sides are making an incredibly stupid business decision because if hardcore fans like myself, Randy and others have sour tastes than imagine the fringe fan mindset.

I have purposely not even paid attention to it so I dont become more disgruntled, but the NHL has a history of shooting themselves in the foot whenever they gain popularity.
This league has always cared more about the fans they dont have yet, then caring about the ones they do have.

At this point I have alot in my life to keep me busy and I've realized I can live without the NHL (atleast for a little while).

Eventually they will damage the very fanbase that has keep this league alive. Continue to bite the hands that feeds you and you might not like what happens.
JJ killed a loyal fanbase, think of markets that don't have the loyal fansbase the bruins have.

Closed Thread