HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton Boston Major blockbuster

Old
11-09-2012, 08:33 AM
supert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
If Edmonton has this "big need" for a defenseman, we would have just drafted a better one last year.

We have enough defensemen coming up in the system and trading Hall and Yakupov would be the dumbest thing they could do right now.
I am an Oiler fan and would not do this deal , but tell me one thing .Where in the 2012 draft was there a defenseman that was better then Hamilton ? There was not one . 2013 maybe with Seth Jones .

I do agree with the OP that the Oilers need a another center and a # 1 d man , but not at the cost of giving up 2 first OA draft picks . I think there will be a season ,much more of a push this time to get something done . We are still going to suck , I am hoping not 30 place finish ,but we will probably be picking top 10 which should get us our # 2 center . Then we just need to find a big hard hitting # 1 d man . We have enough PMD . Then we need to build our bottom six . We may have some of these players in the AHL that will be ready to go in 2013/2014 season .

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 08:44 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Career potential

Yakupov=number 1 right winger

Hamilton=number 1 defenseman

This deal is not that bad for the Oilers.
I agree with this . I also agree that Hall and Seguin are a wash . Hall plays the game with an edge and we need that . so i would not trade him . Maybe Yak for Hamilton makes some sense . If we suck again then we draft a big number 2 center .

Old
11-09-2012, 08:50 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
What a ridiculous proposal
Ridiculous ? neither team would do it but the value is not off by much if any . Considering most proposal on HF it is far from ridiculous .

Old
11-09-2012, 08:50 AM
Tyler Myers

Hall >> Seguin
Yak >>>>>>> Hamilton

Hamilton is good but not on the same level as the other 3 mentioned. If EDM really wanted a defensemen, Rielly, Reinhart, Murray would have been much better options

Tyler Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 08:54 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Doesn't make sense for either team.

No way in hell Oilers do this, those are two 1st overalls and to deal one straight up for a player that went later in the draft would be an admission that they took the wrong guy to start with. Not to mention, right now Oil fans have little more to root for then the progression of their current high end youngsters as the team hasn't proven to be competitive. That will no doubt change some time in the future but hasn't yet. A change in direction now from management could shatter that illusion of a return to dynasty built on the backs of multiple first overalls that so many Oil fans hold.

From a Bruins perspective, it makes little to no sense either. While all 4 players are talented who knows where all 4 players will end up in regards to their ceiling. Seguin has already proven to be an ultra talented, 2 way capable, positionally flexible player. He fills one hell of a need on the team and there's no guarantee a guy like Hall could come in and have similar success. There's a huge difference in your responsibilities and pressures between a Stanley Cup contender and a 1st overall pick contender. Dougie fills a huge, massive need for Boston and Bruin fans love their highly skilled Dmen.

You could argue either way who wins this trade, but in reality it's one that makes literally no sense for either club.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 08:58 AM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
If Edmonton has this "big need" for a defenseman, we would have just drafted a better one last year.

We have enough defensemen coming up in the system and trading Hall and Yakupov would be the dumbest thing they could do right now.
This post is full of HUGE FACEPALM!

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
This post is laughable

"It'll be a few years for Hamilton to reach his potential, YET Yakupov will pot 30 goals immediately"

Cool.
I am not a fan of either team but what exactly are you laughing at??????? Yakupov has a very realistic chance of being around the 30 goal mark and it absolutely will take Hamilton a few years to reach his potential.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
I am not a fan of either team but what exactly are you laughing at??????? Yakupov has a very realistic chance of being around the 30 goal mark and it absolutely will take Hamilton a few years to reach his potential.
Hamilton doesnt have the potential to make a Tyler Myers-esque impact in his rookie season?

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Eennad142

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
Sorry but now you're just being silly. Yakupov is more talented offensively than anyone in the 2011 draft, I think he would've gone first overall. Even in the 2010-2011 season Yakupov's numbers are better than almost all of the forwards in the 2011 draft.
Just not factual. Adam Larsson was also #1 ranked defensive prospect in world in 2011. This is why Yakupov would have dropped down last year in a much better draft.

Gabriel Landeskog, Rookie of Year NHL 2012
Jonathan Huberdeau 2010-11 QMJHL GP67/105 pts.
Ryan Strome 2010-11 OHL GP65/106 pts.

Nail Yakupov 2010-11 OHL GP65/101 pts.

Eennad142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 09:11 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Myers View Post
Hall >> Seguin
Yak >>>>>>> Hamilton

Hamilton is good but not on the same level as the other 3 mentioned. If EDM really wanted a defensemen, Rielly, Reinhart, Murray would have been much better options
So you are saying that if we did not draft Yak we could have used our pick for a D man that is not as good as Hamilton
Hamilton >>> Rielly / Reinhart / or Murray . Therefore it would be better to trade Yak for Hamilton
Don't get me wrong , I do not think we should do a deal like this . But for you to say we could have one that is not as good as Hamilton is a failure on your part

Old
11-09-2012, 09:15 AM
supert

Quote:
This post is full of HUGE FACEPALM!
Agreed

Old
11-09-2012, 09:26 AM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
I am an Oiler fan and would not do this deal , but tell me one thing .Where in the 2012 draft was there a defenseman that was better then Hamilton ? There was not one . 2013 maybe with Seth Jones .

I do agree with the OP that the Oilers need a another center and a # 1 d man , but not at the cost of giving up 2 first OA draft picks . I think there will be a season ,much more of a push this time to get something done . We are still going to suck , I am hoping not 30 place finish ,but we will probably be picking top 10 which should get us our # 2 center . Then we just need to find a big hard hitting # 1 d man . We have enough PMD . Then we need to build our bottom six . We may have some of these players in the AHL that will be ready to go in 2013/2014 season .
You guys certainly have a promising future for sure. I look forward to rooting for you guys in the playoffs again someday. Good post.

Quote:
Hall >> Seguin
Yak >>>>>>> Hamilton

You gotta be kidding me!

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 09:32 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Hall = Seguin
Yak >= Hamilton
how bout we try this champ

Last edited by LPH: 11-09-2012 at 09:37 AM.
LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Oates2Neely

This thread is unrealistic.

How about Ryan Smyth for Matt Bartowski?

Old
11-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Oates2Neely

I feel very confident w/ this line-up. No need for a Blockbuster trade as OP suggests. Edmonton is also progressing nicely w/ their rebuild. Patience. Draft a #2 center, attempt to acquire a top-4 solid dman through trade or free agency. Then more patience.

Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Caron - Kelly - Peverly
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

Chara - Boychuk
Seidenberg - Hamilton
Ference - McQuaid

Rask

*Knight
*Spooner
*Koko

Old
11-09-2012, 10:03 AM
oilersfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
I feel very confident w/ this line-up. No need for a Blockbuster trade as OP suggests. Edmonton is also progressing nicely w/ their rebuild. Patience. Draft a #2 center, attempt to acquire a top-4 solid dman through trade or free agency. Then more patience.

Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Caron - Kelly - Peverly
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

Chara - Boychuk
Seidenberg - Hamilton
Ference - McQuaid

Rask

*Knight
*Spooner
*Koko

For the Oilers, we have the supporting cast on the defense for the future.We're just missing that one piece,which is a number 1 defenseman.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 10:04 AM
PayItForward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eennad142 View Post
Just not factual. Adam Larsson was also #1 ranked defensive prospect in world in 2011. This is why Yakupov would have dropped down last year in a much better draft.

Gabriel Landeskog, Rookie of Year NHL 2012
Jonathan Huberdeau 2010-11 QMJHL GP67/105 pts.
Ryan Strome 2010-11 OHL GP65/106 pts.

Nail Yakupov 2010-11 OHL GP65/101 pts.
Yakupov is taken 1st or 2nd in the 2011 draft. The only player that may be taken before him is RNH, IMO. No way is Ryan Strome or Jonathan Huberdeau taken before him, that's pretty laughable to suggest.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
For the Oilers, we have the supporting cast on the defense for the future.We're just missing that one piece,which is a number 1 defenseman.
I'm thinking Tambo & co will set their sights on a dman at this years draft.

BUT..what if the ball bounces Edmontons way again?!! MacKinnon will be difficult to pass up!

Old
11-09-2012, 10:14 AM
Eennad142

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
Yakupov is taken 1st or 2nd in the 2011 draft. The only player that may be taken before him is RNH, IMO. No way is Ryan Strome taken before him, that's pretty laughable to suggest.
Quite the contrary. Huberdeau, Strome are better on offence, and the stats support that. Couturier, Scheifele are better all-around players, as well. Landeskog is a proven NHL star player now. Yakupov drops down in 2011 draft no doubt.

Eennad142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 10:18 AM
PayItForward

Quote:
Quite the contrary. Huberdeau, Strome are the equal on offence, and the stats prove it. Couturier, Scheifele are better all around players, as well. Landeskog is a proven NHL star player now. Yakupov drops down in 2011 draft no doubt.
Honestly, I believe that Yakupov will turn out to be a better player than any of the ones you mentioned. And there's a reason that Yakupov is ranked ahead of Huberdeau, Strome, and Scheifele in prospect rankings -- because he's a better prospect with a much higher ceiling.

The only player that may go before him if he's part of the 2011 draft, is RNH and even that's debatable (of course that's just my opinion).

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
Hall= Seguin

Boston fans would love Yak
Edmonton fans would love Hamilton

Neither will be traded.

The end.
Great post.

Starting a team from scratch I take Yakupov over Hamilton quite easily, Hamilton doesnt have the #1 pick pedigree, but he certainly has a top five pedigree, even though he dropped to #9.

Would I trade Hamilton for Yakupov? HELL no. Hamilton fits our team needs to an absolute T, and is an absolute blue chip franchise potential defensman.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Oates2Neely

I salivate at the thought of a top pairing:

Chara - Hamilton
6'9" 6'-5"

yikes

Old
11-09-2012, 11:16 AM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:
A big need going forward for the Oilers is a number 1 defenseman.

Doug Hamilton fills this need for the future.
Giving up significant value to fill needs is a great way to ensure that you have a mediocre to terrible team for the long run.

Making even trades to fill needs to great. However, this trade isn't even - it would be giving up far too much value from Edmonton's perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Great post.

Starting a team from scratch I take Yakupov over Hamilton quite easily, Hamilton doesnt have the #1 pick pedigree, but he certainly has a top five pedigree, even though he dropped to #9.

Would I trade Hamilton for Yakupov? HELL no. Hamilton fits our team needs to an absolute T, and is an absolute blue chip franchise potential defensman.
Also a great post.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 11:20 AM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:
Quite the contrary. Huberdeau, Strome are better on offence, and the stats support that. Couturier, Scheifele are better all-around players, as well. Landeskog is a proven NHL star player now. Yakupov drops down in 2011 draft no doubt.
Nope.

Only RNH has a pedigree on the level of Yakupov. I think the fact that Yakupov was a unanimous #1 with excellent draft pedigree would be enough for stupid posts like this to not exist.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 11:44 AM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Giving up significant value to fill needs is a great way to ensure that you have a mediocre to terrible team for the long run.

Making even trades to fill needs to great. However, this trade isn't even - it would be giving up far too much value from Edmonton's perspective.
Acting as though the Bruins don't give up the best defensive prospect in the world and Seguin.... it's pretty even.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote