HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cory Schneider and only Cory Schneider!

Old
11-09-2012, 10:36 AM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Except we have back to back President's trophies with this tandem as evidence as to why it's not a concern and you have, like, nothing other than your opinion, man.

Big difference. Monumental difference.
Fair enough point, but the past seasons are not like the next season. Schneider is ready to be a #1. Since he replaced Luongo in the playoffs, he must now feel like he finally is the #1. Luongo has essentially asked for a trade, and I am sure Schnieder expects to be the #1 guy whenever they play next.

If Luongo is back, I just do not see the dynamic working. They say good things to the press, but it would have to be completely frustrating for whomever ends up sitting most of the time. I personally would not want that dynamic in the dressing room of my team; I see it as a detriment to winning.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

vCash: 500
Fans are so attached to Schneider here in Vancouver, I don't think it's possible to have a fair and unbias discussion about his value. I agree it's quite high and we have no reason to move him unless we get something that drastically improves our team.

The deal I'd like would be centered around Gardiner and Grabvoski, with more going back Toronto's way. I realize most TO fans would be hesitant to give up Gardiner in a 1-for-1 swap, so I wouldn't expect such a proposal to gain much traction. Ballard would have to go the other way in such a trade both as a cap dump and to make room for Gardiner on the left side. A young center in Schroeder would go back to Toronto to address their center depth, Schroeder should be ready to step into the NHL in some capacity this season. So we'd be looking at...

To Toronto
Schneider
Schroeder
Ballard

To Vancouver
Grabovski
Gardiner

This is what it would take for Vancouver to move Schneider, a deal that makes us better right away but is still a "hockey deal" that offers us a younger player that could grow with the team. Do I think Toronto should make this deal? Probably not, not if they can get Luongo for a lot less.

Luck 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 10:52 AM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

He's good but still somewhat unproven....

PatriceBergeronFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Nope, Kassian is not a throw in. If we are trading him and Schneider (which I sincerely doubt) then you are looking at something like Lupul/JVR and Gardiner. That is terrible asset management for the Leafs but you have to expect an arguably ridiculous demand when asking for two of our best prospects, one with exceptionally high ceiling.
Guys...seriously, Schnieder looks good, he really does.....but 68 games over 3 years doesn't warrant this. I'm sorry, but for me it's an easy pass.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Guys...seriously, Schnieder looks good, he really does.....but 68 games over 3 years doesn't warrant this. I'm sorry, but for me it's an easy pass.
If you saw what he was responding to, the poster was asking for both Schneider and Kassian(who is obviously going nowhere).

Schneider + Schroeder for JVR + 1st I think is fair all around.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Since there has been some traction involving Schneider. I thought it best he have his own, lest we get boggled down in Luongo discussions. Therefore, I ask all proposals strictly be kept to those involving Schneider.

On the subject at hand, these were the offers I proposed in the other thread, alongside a few others. And I'd like to gauge Leafdom's reaction. I also preface this by saying I am open to twinks and debates on the offers.

From a neutral perspective with no particular rooting interest in either squad or any of the players, all of those except the Schnieder / Grabovski swap seem like massive overpayments.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
As an impartial party I feel like the Leafs win every single one of those deals in OP. Not by a landslide or anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
From a neutral perspective with no particular rooting interest in either squad or any of the players, all of those except the Schnieder / Grabovski swap seem like massive overpayments.

I guess even unbiased fans can have different opinions.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 11:50 AM
ACC1224
Steelers 9-5

Quote:
Since there has been some traction involving Schneider. I thought it best he have his own, lest we get boggled down in Luongo discussions. Therefore, I ask all proposals strictly be kept to those involving Schneider.

On the subject at hand, these were the offers I proposed in the other thread, alongside a few others. And I'd like to gauge Leafdom's reaction. I also preface this by saying I am open to twinks and debates on the offers.

Cory Schneider
Mason Raymond

Joffrey Lupul
Nazem Kadri
Conditional first (only if Lupul does not resign)
------

Cory Schneider

James Van Riemsdyk
1st 2013 or Nazem Kadri
------

Cory Schneider

Mikhail Grabovski (Personally, I would be content straight up but some will argue more)
------

Cory Schneider

Jake Gardiner
Conditional 1st (playoffs or defaults to 2014)
------

My personal choice would be the Lupul trade. He best answers our needs and am confident not only that we can resign him, but he will maintain a 60+ point performance. Admittedly, him being a favorite of mine does lead to partial bias.
Only one even remotely plausible is straight up for Grabovski and even then another deal would have to be lined up to replace him.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Moore Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Schneider = Gardiner(+ maybe Finn)

So... JVR, Finn, 2013 1st , 2014 1st for Kassian ??
the Canucks have no need for Gardiner or anything from the Leafs, the Leafs are desperate for a goalie like Schneider. If you want him, expect to overpay massively.

Last edited by Moore Money: 11-09-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Henrik To Daniel

I would not trade Schneider for anyone in the Leafs organization minus Kessel in a one for one deal

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 12:14 PM
ginner classic

If we trade Schneider it's for a blue chip prospect or a front line player. Gardiner, Larsson, Connolly, etc.

If we trade Lou we can pick between upgrading the D (Green), filling the two forward holes (JVR) or adding some useful second tier prospects (Howden and Petrovic) or a first rounder and a prospect.

There's lots of options if either are considered tradeable.

ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post

I guess even unbiased fans can have different opinions.
So it would seem.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
the Canucks have no need for Gardiner or anything from the Leafs, the Leafs are desperate for a goalie like Schneider. If you want him, expect to overpay massively.
Actually, if the Leafs are "desparate" at all, it would be for a short term vet to mentor our own young guys. This is not a comparison, but as someone already mentioned, we just need to remember Steve Mason or (for Leaf fans) Andrew Raycroft. Schnieder has looked great, but it is a very small sample size over 3 years.

Old
11-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Henrik To Daniel

Quote:
Actually, if the Leafs are "desparate" at all, it would be for a short term vet to mentor our own young guys. This is not a comparison, but as someone already mentioned, we just need to remember Steve Mason or (for Leaf fans) Andrew Raycroft. Schnieder has looked great, but it is a very small sample size over 3 years.
Schneider has dominated every league he has ever played in

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 12:38 PM
rusty890

Quote:
I also preface this by saying I am open to twinks and debates on the offers. :
I hope you meant tweaks, but then, I don't know you.

rusty890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 12:41 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Fans are so attached to Schneider here in Vancouver, I don't think it's possible to have a fair and unbias discussion about his value. I agree it's quite high and we have no reason to move him unless we get something that drastically improves our team.

The deal I'd like would be centered around Gardiner and Grabvoski, with more going back Toronto's way. I realize most TO fans would be hesitant to give up Gardiner in a 1-for-1 swap, so I wouldn't expect such a proposal to gain much traction. Ballard would have to go the other way in such a trade both as a cap dump and to make room for Gardiner on the left side. A young center in Schroeder would go back to Toronto to address their center depth, Schroeder should be ready to step into the NHL in some capacity this season. So we'd be looking at...

To Toronto
Schneider
Schroeder
Ballard

To Vancouver
Grabovski
Gardiner

This is what it would take for Vancouver to move Schneider, a deal that makes us better right away but is still a "hockey deal" that offers us a younger player that could grow with the team. Do I think Toronto should make this deal? Probably not, not if they can get Luongo for a lot less.
There's no way Toronto come remotely close to making this deal. The Leafs have zero interest in Schroeder or Ballard, and we're not about to trade our best centre and our best or 2nd best young player (Gardiner is either our best, or 2nd best behind Rielly) for a goalie.

Personally I do not think the Nucks trade Schneider period, I think they keep shopping Luongo until a deal is made. As you said, the fans love Schneider, and they definitely DO NOT love Luongo (they've eased up on him a bit since it's been evident that he'll be dealt, but IMO they'd go into an unprecedented hate mode if Luongo was kept and Schneider dealt).

However, if they were trading Schneider, the deals brought up by the OP are pretty much the limit of what the Leafs could possibly offer. They were already very steep, but borderline fair prices, proposals like this are simply unreasonable. Instead of making an offer like this, you may as well just say "I have no interest in trading Schneider period."

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Schneider has dominated every league he has ever played in
Not saying he doesn't become a great starter....but right now, he's not a starter.

Old
11-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Not saying he doesn't become a great starter....but right now, he's not a starter.
But he stole Luongo's starting position. Either he is, or he isn't.

Cogburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 12:57 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I've tried it a good 2-3 teams since the season ended. Never really succeeded in keeping Luongo out of it, but may as well try. Something that would really appeal to me would be something like this:

To Washington: Schneider, Saad
To Chicago: Holtby
To Vancouver: Kuznetsov

That is, ideally I'd want the return to be a single stud player, but as that's fairly unlikely, JVR + 1st would make the most sense for us from Toronto, imo.
I'd do something like this in a three way...

WAS: Schneider
CAR: Holtby (Neuvirth), Raymond
VAN: Forsberg, Boychuk, Murphy

Sorts Carolina right out. No holes in the lineup at all. Sorts out the WAS goal situation for good without harming D depth, Gives Van an alternative to Schroeder on the third line C/RW spot and legit prospect depth. Vancouver would still need to fill a gap in the forward ranks.

ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Moore Money

Quote:
How is that not a comparison if you're comparing him to other players..?

As others have mentioned, Schneider has won MVP's at every level.

Doesn't matter anyways because the Leafs have 0 chance of getting him.

Old
11-09-2012, 01:04 PM
BigMacJokinen

Quote:
the Leafs are desperate for a goalie like Schneider.
Nope they aren't. They would be a lot better team with a better goaltender but I still have the option to at least start the season with Reimer/Scrivens or trade for another goalie with a lesser price (Bernier etc.)

Vancouver (at least their fans) is the more desperate side here, they want to deal one of their goalies. Otherwise there wouldn't be so many threads started by Vancouver fans. They are quite pushing to trade one of their goaltenders and this will result probably with a slight underpay - still Vancouver can be a better team even if they don't get even value back (say they fill their prospect pool and get a decent 2nd line forward, and only giving up their second goaltender)

BigMacJokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Moore Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacJokinen View Post
Nope they aren't. They would be a lot better team with a better goaltender but I still have the option to at least start the season with Reimer/Scrivens or trade for another goalie with a lesser price (Bernier etc.)

Vancouver (at least their fans) is the more desperate side here, they want to deal one of their goalies. Otherwise there wouldn't be so many threads started by Vancouver fans. They are quite pushing to trade one of their goaltenders and this will result probably with a slight underpay - still Vancouver can be a better team even if they don't get even value back (say they fill their prospect pool and get a decent 2nd line forward, and only giving up their second goaltender)
Nobody is pushing to trade Schneider and they just won back to back presidents trophies with both goalies so the desperation to move Luongo is completely overblown.

Old
11-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
How is that not a comparison if you're comparing him to other players..?

As others have mentioned, Schneider has won MVP's at every level.

Doesn't matter anyways because the Leafs have 0 chance of getting him.
Situation...Mason was a young goalie who showed early success as did Raycroft. Not saying Schnieder is set to do the same thing.

I also would say no team, including the Leafs, will get him as Van won't trade him.

Old
11-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
But he stole Luongo's starting position. Either he is, or he isn't.
I woudn't say he stole the #1 until Luongo is dealt. Now, i agree with you, but you are one of the few Nucks fans i've seen admit it.

Old
11-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Moore Money

Quote:
Situation...Mason was a young goalie who showed early success as did Raycroft. Not saying Schnieder is set to do the same thing.

I also would say no team, including the Leafs, will get him as Van won't trade him.
If a team that has assets the Canucks need wanted him, I'm sure something could be worked out. The Leafs don't fit that equation.