HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #15 - Lifelong fans...

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2012, 11:54 PM
VaxjoDevil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils731 View Post
I'm more upset with Marquez than with Henry not taking the late free kick. Red Bulls are up a man, he has a yellow, and he makes his second(his first after the initial card wasn't carded) reckless challenge and it's on the attacking side of the field. That's madness.
I understand but it happens in the heat of the moment. The freekick they had all the time to think about it. It was like choosing Colin White over Kovalchuck in a shootout.

Old
11-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Devils731

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
I understand but it happens in the heat of the moment. The freekick they had all the time to think about it. It was like choosing Colin White over Kovalchuck in a shootout.
The heat of the moment doesn't excuse stupid play. He knows he is on a card. He should know he was almost kicked out earlier. He should know his tackle there was meaningless even if successful. That play was enormously stupid and almost assuredly hurt the Red Bulls more than the free kick stupidity.

Old
11-09-2012, 12:02 AM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
lol why
Kinda a long story...

Old
11-09-2012, 06:55 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Kinda a long story...
I'm imagining there was a punch up involved. How long are you banned for?

Old
11-09-2012, 08:30 AM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I'm imagining there was a punch up involved. How long are you banned for?
I was standing on a seat for the last 20 minutes of the game, jumping up and down on it. After the whistle blew I jumped too hight, the chair broke. Then some scraggly ass dude blindsides me. We exchanged a bunch of punches. Then my "friend" who I came with, left me there. Literally left me there in Harrison when my car was down by his dad's house. Had to call my dad to get back to my car...

edit: banned until i submit a letter asking for my ban to be lifted. Won't be sending that in for a decent amount of time.

Last edited by JerseyGuy276: 11-09-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old
11-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Scott04

Well.... last night was ****ing heartbreaking, for lack of a better term. Can blame it on so many things. I definitely blame Rafa for a stupid ****ing move, as he should have known not to do anything to get a 2nd yellow. He stays in the game, we keep the 11 on 10 advantage and DC likely doesn't get many more attempts (if any). Not to mention, the play they scored on was because of a defensive breakdown in the middle of the back line... exactly where he would have been playing had he been in (or subbed out prior to getting a 2nd yellow). Stupid. Also stupid for Backe not to sub him out. It was already after the 60th minute. They could have definitely subbed him out by then with no issue. I don't know why Miller took that kick. It will never make sense to me. I'm not faulting Cooper for anything with the PK. It was stopped. It happens. Doing the same exact thing may be slightly questionable, but again, the goalie just has to make a guess, and he happened to guess right in assuming he would do the same. It happens. If I really want to harp on coaching errors, I could also go back as far as the 1st leg and bash the idea of not playing Cooper. I know they didn't score any goals last night, but they really didn't have any in the first leg either with Le Toux playing (own goal... so I'm not fully counting it as their doing). Crazy game last night, but ****ing heartbreaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
You can wear shorts and jeans over them so you don't break your vow 'and' still avoid freezing
That's the easy way out. Not what I do. I stood there on Wednesday in the snow in my shorts, and did the same last night. Best part: for the 20+ minutes of warmups I stood out there, I didn't even wear a jacket A number of security guards or other personnel kept looking at me and asking if I was crazy. My favorite was on Wednesday when I was behind the home net shortly before warmups and one fan, covered head to toe with only his eyes exposed yelled at me "SHORTS!?!?! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR ****ING MIND?!?!?!" I turned to him, smiled, and said I felt fine out there. Maybe I'm weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNDevil View Post
Wow it's gonna be a messy game tonight. I do not envy people there. I'm cold just looking at it.
My only problem was the wind/snow blowing in my face. That made it tough. I was cool in shorts, I was fine when I wasn't wearing a jacket or anything. But the wind blowing in your face made it tough.

Quote:
It was just completely braindead to not call the game off already yesterday. Would have saved people's time, money and health.
JPP can confirm that on Wednesday I was saying at 3 or so that it should have been called then. Late morning/early afternoon was a lot of snow/rain mix with nothing accumulating. It was far worse outside the building than in because of the way the roof is constructed. While the rain/snow was blowing sideways outside, it came straight down without much wind over the field (surprisingly). There was enough wind to blow it towards the south ward, but nothing too bad. By 3, it was wet, heavy snow, and it was accumulating on the tarps. The few parts of the grass not covered by them were clearly water logged. While its not part of the playing surface that was exposed, its still something to note. My thing the whole day was call the game before the tarps come off, that way the field will be in great condition. Tarps had to come off by 4:30 (as it takes about an hour to get them all off), and then you saw all of the accumulation afterwards. There was too much snow that we couldn't re-tarp the field after it was called. But the groundscrew did an amazing job to get the field in the condition it was in last night. Some parts were a little soft, but honestly that happens all the time, especially in the areas by the sidelines/just off the playing surface. The field quality yesterday was about on par with any fall match you'll see in that building. They deserve a **** ton more credit than they get/have received for yesterday.

Quote:
I hope JPP and Scott made it home alright.
Indeed we did. For me, my drive is normally only about 30 minutes home. Took probably closer to 40-45 minutes going home Wednesday night, but rt. 280 wasn't that bad. Salt trucks were out, 2 of the 3 lanes were more than clear enough. Just slower, but not difficult. The only time I had any trouble was pulling into my driveway at home. My car was half in the street because I couldn't drive up that snow

Old
11-09-2012, 12:11 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
edit: banned until i submit a letter asking for my ban to be lifted. Won't be sending that in for a decent amount of time.
You're lucky that's all you got

Old
11-09-2012, 01:06 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
You're lucky that's all you got
I honestly don't care I won't be returning to a place that cares more about a chair then a fan being assaulted.

Old
11-09-2012, 01:42 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

It seems like everytime I come in this thread you are talking about a fight you got in. I have an extremely hard time believing you aren't in some way at fault.

Old
11-09-2012, 01:56 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
It seems like everytime I come in this thread you are talking about a fight you got in. I have an extremely hard time believing you aren't in some way at fault.
The hell are you talking about? I have been in three altercations, 1 of which, I was partially at fault in and that was in Toronto. The first was a punch meant for the person in front of me, who I now wish received that punch, and this was after the seat I was standing on broke when I jumped.

I have never spoken a single word to the guy who attacked me last night, ever. I only recognize him, because he's an annoying druggie who stands in the middle of the section with a stupid curly mohawk.

Old
11-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Scott04

Quote:
The hell are you talking about? I have been in three altercations, 1 of which, I was partially at fault in and that was in Toronto. The first was a punch meant for the person in front of me, who I now wish received that punch, and this was after the seat I was standing on broke when I jumped.

I have never spoken a single word to the guy who attacked me last night, ever. I only recognize him, because he's an annoying druggie who stands in the middle of the section with a stupid curly mohawk.
If you've been in 3 altercations, you're still part of the problem. Once, it doesn't have to be your fault. Two times, maybe its a crazy coincidence. But three times, you're not innocent of anything. I don't care what you want to say the specifics are. But its not a common occurrence for people to show up and frequently get into fights. And if you're sitting in the South Ward, there should be even less tolerance for it.

And besides. You get into some altercation, security should throw you (and whoever was involved) out. That's it. Little harm done. Its a totally different ball game when you come into the building and break something, be it deliberately or otherwise. You shouldn't be jumping up and down on the seat anyway. What do you expect is going to happen? You should have been kicked out for breaking a seat as it is. As was said, be happy that's all that happened to you then.

Old
11-09-2012, 02:29 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

lol k

Old
11-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Once can be bad luck, twice can be coincidence, three times is starting a pattern.

Old
11-09-2012, 09:19 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

All this counting,

Old
11-10-2012, 09:36 AM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Tomorrow certainly has the sexier fixtures with

Tottenham @ Manchester City 830am
West Ham United @ Newscastle 10am
Liverpool @ Chelsea 11am

Old
11-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Arsenal had a 2-0 lead and has conceded it to let Fulham right back into it. There was a time when a 2-0 deficit against Arsenal was considered insurmountable. Those days are gone.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:22 AM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Arsenal had a 2-0 lead and has conceded it to let Fulham right back into it. There was a time when a 2-0 deficit against Arsenal was considered insurmountable. Those days are gone.
It's ok, you're not going to lose.

Fulham has NEVER won at Arsenal. 108 years and counting.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Arsenal just allowed the third goal, and then scored one of their own to tie it back up.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:54 AM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Fulham didn't deserve that PK call against and the football gods make Schwarzer guess correctly

Old
11-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
Tomorrow certainly has the sexier fixtures with

Tottenham @ Manchester City 830am
West Ham United @ Newscastle 10am
Liverpool @ Chelsea 11am
Not looking forward to being awake and in front of my TV at 8:30 But I guess I have no choice for a match of this caliber.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:56 AM
VaxjoDevil

Liverpool - Chelsea is at 10am, no? I'm going to set my alarm, don't want to get up an hour too early.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:57 AM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Nope, 11am.

Old
11-10-2012, 11:08 AM
VaxjoDevil

Well that's good news. 1h more sleep for me.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:55 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Hernandez out of nowhere. saves the day

Old
11-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap