HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus Thread III (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Closed Thread

Old
08-24-2012, 09:24 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
If she's looking for a more urban setting versus suburban setting, I'd recommend the Grandview Heights or Clintonville areas of town. Rentals are reasonably priced and plentiful. Fairly easy access to most of the city since they're more centrally located.
As a longtime Clintonville resident, I would second this. Grandview is a similar neighborhood and would probably be my choice, were I to move. The downtown has seen spectacular growth in condos and apartments and I would definitely consider a move there, as well.

Old
08-24-2012, 09:59 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
As a longtime Clintonville resident, I would second this. Grandview is a similar neighborhood and would probably be my choice, were I to move. The downtown has seen spectacular growth in condos and apartments and I would definitely consider a move there, as well.
I am biased. I've lived in the Grandview area for 10 years now. The immediate area is great. Walkable, lots of eating and drinking options (if that's your thing, it's certainly my thing ). Quick drives to downtown/Arlington/Short North/German Village/Campus/Clintonville and though its a bit of a cliche, it really does feel only about 20-25 minutes tops from any of the outer suburbs if one needs to venture to points of the compass around and beyond 270.

Old
08-25-2012, 09:12 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Thanks for all of the info, guys. I'll pass it along

Old
10-21-2012, 05:49 PM
FANonymous

Wasn't sure exactly where to put this. In case you guys don't know, Nationwide arena + the CBJ are doing an open ice week with free open skates on the main ice in Nationwide arena. You have to register in advance and the times are mostly in the middle of the day, but the price is definitely right. I got to participate in some of the free hockey drop ins over the weekend and it was very cool to be down there on the ice the big boys play on, plus you get to see the new scoreboard.

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/page...id=DL|CBJ|home

Old
11-09-2012, 09:38 AM
PolishBingo
King Pierogie IV

Best directions to Ohio Theater

Going to the Fab Four show at the Ohio Theater tomorrow night. Coming from southbound 23. Looking for the best directions there and back as well as the best place to park. Thanks!

Old
11-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishBingo View Post
Going to the Fab Four show at the Ohio Theater tomorrow night. Coming from southbound 23. Looking for the best directions there and back as well as the best place to park. Thanks!
Does anyone know if the exit from 670 onto Third is open?

Old
11-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Does anyone know if the exit from 670 onto Third is open?
It looked like it when I drove past earlier today, but I was more staring all google-eyed at having more than two ultra-compact lanes and so couldn't be certain.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
11-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
It looked like it when I drove past earlier today, but I was more staring all google-eyed at having more than two ultra-compact lanes and so couldn't be certain.
If this exit is open, PolishBingo, that's the way I'd go. From 23 south, take I270west one exit to 315 south. Eventually you'll get off on I670 headed east and get off at the Third St. exit. That'll bring you right down by the theater where you can park either in the Columbus Commons lot or the Statehouse garage. Ohio Theatre is on State between High and Third.

Old
11-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
For reference, the Third Street exit from 670 westbound is definitely open (I was obliged to take it on the way home to avoid traffic between the 71 and 315 exits, as I foolishly timed my trip such that I arrived there at 5pm on the dot ). I think it was closed due to the hotel construction, so if that one's open then it stands to reason that eastbound is also open.

Old
12-08-2012, 04:37 PM
gocbj

...anyone know where the high school hockey jerseys went that hang in NW? They are not hanging in the arena as of CDS last night. Maybe they take them down during the off-season and I have never noticed...??? I hope they are not gone for good. I think it is a nice connection to the community.

Old
12-22-2012, 05:43 PM
isles11

Islanders fan and Michigan resident here, and I come in peace.

I will be making the trip down to Columbus in March to see a concert at the LC Pavilion. I noticed that this is right near Nationwide Arena. Since my drive will be about 3 hours each way, I'm planning on staying in a hotel that puts me in close proximity to the venue. Does anyone have any recommendations as to which hotels I should be considering? What is the parking situation like in the area? Additionally, are there any spots I should avoid? This'll be my first time in your lovely city so I'm very excited. However, I'll be coming down my myself, am female, and have Michigan plates (haha). Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

Old
12-22-2012, 07:21 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

The new Hilton is across the street from the Arena and will be the closest and nicest hotel. The Hyatt and Crown Plaza are also nice and with in walking distance. All three hotels have their own parking and there are many parking garages in the area. Don't think anyone will care about your Michigan plates, but if that is something you are worried about I would not go north on High St towards campus.

12-22-2012, 09:37 PM
fox2usp
Inbred Cat

There's also a Hampton Inn in the Short North if you're on a budget. It's also walking distance from the LC Pavilion.

"I don't think I'll live long enough to forgive Howson for knocking off my rose colored glasses. He's a horrible, wretched, little stinker of a man. I just hope he wakes up in the morning and can't poop." -CBJCougar (on the Klesla trade), March 23, 2011
Old
12-24-2012, 05:23 PM
isles11

Great - thank you both so much for the responses!

Old
12-24-2012, 10:26 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocbj View Post
...anyone know where the high school hockey jerseys went that hang in NW? They are not hanging in the arena as of CDS last night. Maybe they take them down during the off-season and I have never noticed...??? I hope they are not gone for good. I think it is a nice connection to the community.
They moved it to a different location, and it looks really good.

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=647972

Old
12-25-2012, 08:41 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

That is great. I've always loved looking up at those high school jerseys. I can boast that I wore one of those jerseys playing for Arlington when we were the only high school team in Central Ohio in the early '80s.

Old
12-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Arch City Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
The new Hilton is across the street from the Arena and will be the closest and nicest hotel. The Hyatt and Crown Plaza are also nice and with in walking distance. All three hotels have their own parking and there are many parking garages in the area. Don't think anyone will care about your Michigan plates, but if that is something you are worried about I would not go north on High St towards campus.
And don't worry about your plates, my wife went to OSU and she had her Michigan plates on the whole time she was in college and never had any problems.

Old
01-04-2013, 07:30 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

R Bar is opening tomorrow at 7:30am and will show the USA vs SWE gold medal game

https://www.facebook.com/rbararena413

Old
01-05-2013, 07:09 AM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Nice crowd at the Rbar.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:34 AM
n8lhf

Send a message via AIM to n8lhf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Nice crowd at the Rbar.
Portzline tweeted that it was standing room only at the Rbar!!

Old
01-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8lhf View Post
Portzline tweeted that it was standing room only at the Rbar!!
I was there. It was a great crowd. Nice to see some of the familiar fan faces from around the arena. The USA Jrs really brought the intensity. I hope our CBJ boys can do the same.

Old
01-15-2013, 05:29 AM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 670
Did anyone see this in the recent emailing?
Quote:
As a reminder, individual game tickets purchased through My Blue Jackets Account are not eligible to be posted on Ticketmaster's NHL TicketExchange or any other secondary ticket marketplace (such as Stub Hub, Dream Seats, etc.). Tickets placed on secondary marketplaces are subject to cancellation.
When did the CBJ begin threatening cancellation of tickets posted on Stubhub?

Old
01-15-2013, 06:28 AM
JacketsDavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
Did anyone see this in the recent emailing?

When did the CBJ begin threatening cancellation of tickets posted on Stubhub?
I think this is the first time, and to be honest I applaud them.

As a STH who now has to free up 24 nights in the next 100 days (or so) there are games I can't attend. Last thing I want is a bunch of $10 lower bowl tickets showing up on stub hub driving down my value.

The discounted tickets are for STH as a perk, it shouldn't be (IMO) a way for someone to gobble up 20 tickets/game, place them all on stub hub, turn a profit and drive down the value of my tickets that I can't use.

Old
01-15-2013, 06:49 AM
BluejacketNut

The $10 seats are a joke anyway IMO, theyre not to reward STH's, its to get butts in the seats for attendance numbers when they would be empty otherwise. Win and you dont need to sell $10 seats to boost your attendance numbers

Old
01-15-2013, 07:46 AM
BJFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketsDavid View Post
I think this is the first time, and to be honest I applaud them.

As a STH who now has to free up 24 nights in the next 100 days (or so) there are games I can't attend. Last thing I want is a bunch of $10 lower bowl tickets showing up on stub hub driving down my value.

The discounted tickets are for STH as a perk, it shouldn't be (IMO) a way for someone to gobble up 20 tickets/game, place them all on stub hub, turn a profit and drive down the value of my tickets that I can't use.
I, too, applaud them for trying to control the re-sell for profit on this deal. The purpose behind it is to allow a way for STH's to bring family, friends, business associates, etc, to a game for little extra cost. It's supposed to be a perk, but it's abused now because some have been conditioned to be able to buy popular games for teams coming to town to hit up the re-sale market.

I think after this short season we won't see this in such a large capacity. My bet, it sticks around for awhile, $10 to full season, $25/$15 to half-season, etc... but it's going to be to select games. It will be middle of the week games, early Sunday games, games that will be low attended in the first place. You dictate those individual games instead of an entire 2-3 month block, part of the ability to buy and turn tickets around for profit goes away.

I agree with you too, BluejacketNut, win games, the promotion isn't even needed. I'd like to think that's the direction we are moving towards.

Closed Thread