HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers-Leafs-Flyers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-08-2012, 10:00 PM
  #26
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?
 
Roo Mad Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
Their gamestyles are not similar, but they're production, age and potential is very similar.

Both produce around the same pace at the NHL level, only difference is Kadri's a bust because he's a Leaf and Schenn is the best, because he's not.
Schenn has been the more productive player at every single level.

Kadri is almost a year older than Schenn even though they were in the same draft.

Pretty much every prospect list has had Schenn higher, although I don't think Kadri is a bust yet like some people think.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:10 PM
  #27
eklunds source
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ed Snider's basement
Posts: 7,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
First time proposal;

To Leafs
B.Schenn

To Edmonton
Grabovski

To Philly
Ales Hemsky
Matt Finn
Edm 2nd

Why does each team do this

Toronto: Needs a first line center to play with Kessel. Schenn progressed in last year playoffs and would compliment Kessel. Kadri/Bozak could fill 2 line center.

Edmonton: Have depth at RW but need a defensive 2nd line center, Grabovksi sits that role. Oil dont need more prospects at this stage

Philly: Have tremedous depth at center and having Schenn at 3rd line center will serve as a disservice to him. Flyers are in win now mode and pick up a dynamic RW. Phillys weakness is lack of defense prospects.Finn is projecting to be a top 4 defenseman. They also pick up a 2nd in a deep draft.

Toronto
Out: Matt Finn, Grabovski
In: B. Schenn

Edmonton
Out: Hemsky, 2nd
In: Grabovski

Philly
Out: B. Schenn
In: Hemsky, Finn, 2nd
Grabovski is Toronto's best 2-way forward. He's the only guy who doesn't bleed shots against. Schenn is not better than Grabovski and likely won't be for at least 2-3 years. This just sets the Leafs back - again.

Philadelphia is not going to trade Schenn just months after acquiring his brother.

eklunds source is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:13 PM
  #28
Stizzle
Registered User
 
Stizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,796
vCash: 500
Beyond awful trade for the Flyers. No thanks.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:14 PM
  #29
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO
 
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
Absolutely no incentive here for the Flyers. None at all. Don't understand why so many Leaf fans are so keen on acquiring Schenn, he does not fill a need for us. Brayden Schenn will be a good hockey player, but he will never be a franchise cornerstone, 1st line centre (nor does he need to be so long as he is in Philly).
During the 2009 Draft I wanted Toronto try and select Brayden. My reasons were because of him one day playing on the same team with Luke and the fact he is a Centre.

However today I don't see a fit for him because I rather have Grabovski who is more experienced and with Luke now gone at least they play together on the Flyers.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:55 PM
  #30
WeridAl
YuckaFlux
 
WeridAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 10ft of Snow
Posts: 1,749
vCash: 500
With one of the worse PK and defensive teams, why would the Leafs trade a supposed defensive C like Grabovski. Maybe because he had very little PK time and you don't think defense when you think of TO forward's. Would rather keep Horcoff, then trade for Grabovski, the Oilers need size at C, not another Smurf.

Whats hilarious is that the OP thinks the Oilers also need to give up a 2nd, this one has to rank up there.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 11:02 PM
  #31
WeridAl
YuckaFlux
 
WeridAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 10ft of Snow
Posts: 1,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
I can't believe there are this many Edmonton fans that wouldn't trade Hemsky and a 2nd for Grabo

Toronto says no to this deal fairly easily.
Because they need a big C and not another Smurf and is Grabo that good defensively. If he was, you would think he would play the PK, but he didn't, and the Leafs PK stank last season.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 11:37 PM
  #32
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Because they need a big C and not another Smurf and is Grabo that good defensively. If he was, you would think he would play the PK, but he didn't, and the Leafs PK stank last season.
When people say that Grabovski is good defensively, they're saying he's a good possession player, which he is. You don't have to kill penalties to be defensively responsible bruh.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 12:01 AM
  #33
oilwings
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 604 Area
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
No thanks to Grabo.

oilwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 12:57 AM
  #34
WeridAl
YuckaFlux
 
WeridAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 10ft of Snow
Posts: 1,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
When people say that Grabovski is good defensively, they're saying he's a good possession player, which he is. You don't have to kill penalties to be defensively responsible bruh.
By the looks of things, you might need a bigger shovel.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 01:03 AM
  #35
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
By the looks of things, you might need a bigger shovel.
I don't get it but I like your username

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 01:06 AM
  #36
eklunds source
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ed Snider's basement
Posts: 7,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Because they need a big C and not another Smurf and is Grabo that good defensively. If he was, you would think he would play the PK, but he didn't, and the Leafs PK stank last season.
Maybe the Leafs PK stank because Grabovski didn't play on it?

eklunds source is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 01:53 AM
  #37
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps
 
billybudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,508
vCash: 500
I think Schenn's a bum, but there's value in perceived potential. Value-wise, Philly's getting hosed bad.

Simply put; Hemsky's $5 million of dead weight until he plays a semi-complete season and puts up more than 36 points doing it. If any team bites on him in a trade, it will only be because they're buying low. You don't have Philly buying low in this proposal.

billybudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 03:32 AM
  #38
Pyrophorus
Registered User
 
Pyrophorus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eastern GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,743
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan52 View Post
The fact Kadri can't crack a weak Leafs offense doesn't enter the equation?
#10 in GF is weak?

Maybe compared to you, but we're better than most on offense.

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 03:41 AM
  #39
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilFan91 View Post
Probably rather just keep Hemsky. Schenn interests me more than Grabovski
philly turns down this deal

__________________
trying to fend off exwife number 2
45000/010113
GO SHARKS GO
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 11:02 AM
  #40
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob
 
Philadelphia Ducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,225
vCash: 500
Not a chance, Schenn will be on our second line as a winger beside Briere, or maybe even centre of second line with Briere on the wing. You can never have too much centre depth imo. And we're not going to trade the centre piece of the trade where we shipped our captain out for Hemsky and Finn.

And if we were going to trade Schenn for a winger, we could just cut out Edmonton and trade him right to Toronto for Kulemin+ or Lupul. Both of who I'd rather have over Hemsky.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 11:15 AM
  #41
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
#10 in GF is weak?

Maybe compared to you, but we're better than most on offense.
The problem with Kadri isn't his offense, it's the rest of his game.

I actually put him in the same bracket as Akeson one of the flyers prospects. Got all the offensive tools, small bodied, very weak on defense, without the apparent will to become better at it.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 12:18 PM
  #42
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?
 
Roo Mad Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
The problem with Kadri isn't his offense, it's the rest of his game.

I actually put him in the same bracket as Akeson one of the flyers prospects. Got all the offensive tools, small bodied, very weak on defense, without the apparent will to become better at it.
Kadri is a much better prospect than Akeson, not sure if serious.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 02:10 PM
  #43
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Kadri is a much better prospect than Akeson, not sure if serious.
Yes he is, but that still doesn't take away from the fact that they guy shies away from defensive responsibility and doesn't have enough of a presence on the ice to make up for it.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 02:13 PM
  #44
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Air Canada Center
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,011
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
LOL... leafs pass...


lets keep our best centre



and to EDM fans that wont trade hemski for grab

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 02:39 PM
  #45
Jamin
Registered User
 
Jamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
LOL... leafs pass...


lets keep our best centre



and to EDM fans that wont trade hemski for grab
RNH, Gagner, Horcoff, Belanger versus RNH, Gagner, Horcoff, Belanger, Grabovski


Since teams dont need 5 centers why would we trade for a defensive center when we already have our defensive center spots on the team filled. RNH isnt going anywhere. Sure Grabo is better then Gagner but imo

Gagner, Hemsky, 2nd round pick > Graboski

Dont see why you would lol at it...im wondering why even trade for another center when you have Kadri, just offer him to Philly and get back Schenn and Courturier

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 02:43 PM
  #46
achtungbaby
Registered User
 
achtungbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
First time proposal;

To Leafs
B.Schenn

To Edmonton
Grabovski

To Philly
Ales Hemsky
Matt Finn
Edm 2nd

Why does each team do this

Toronto: Needs a first line center to play with Kessel. Schenn progressed in last year playoffs and would compliment Kessel. Kadri/Bozak could fill 2 line center.

Edmonton: Have depth at RW but need a defensive 2nd line center, Grabovksi sits that role. Oil dont need more prospects at this stage

Philly: Have tremedous depth at center and having Schenn at 3rd line center will serve as a disservice to him. Flyers are in win now mode and pick up a dynamic RW. Phillys weakness is lack of defense prospects.Finn is projecting to be a top 4 defenseman. They also pick up a 2nd in a deep draft.

Toronto
Out: Matt Finn, Grabovski
In: B. Schenn

Edmonton
Out: Hemsky, 2nd
In: Grabovski

Philly
Out: B. Schenn
In: Hemsky, Finn, 2nd
Pretty bad for the Oilers. They give up Hemsky and a 2nd for Horcoff 2.0.

achtungbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 02:59 PM
  #47
WeridAl
YuckaFlux
 
WeridAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 10ft of Snow
Posts: 1,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
LOL... leafs pass...


lets keep our best centre



and to EDM fans that wont trade hemski for grab
I would have to agree, to even think Grab's is worth Hemsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungbaby View Post
Pretty bad for the Oilers. They give up Hemsky and a 2nd for Horcoff 2.0.
Grab's is better offensively, but he's not in the same class defensively as Hor****. I cannot stand Horcoff, but as a all around C, he's better the Grabs.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 03:05 PM
  #48
achtungbaby
Registered User
 
achtungbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
I would have to agree, to even think Grab's is worth Hemsky



Grab's is better offensively, but he's not in the same class defensively as Hor****. I cannot stand Horcoff, but as a all around C, he's better the Grabs.
Who knows? Maybe Grabs will rebound but that contract is terrible. The Oilers can't waste space like that if they're going to keep their core intact.

achtungbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 03:08 PM
  #49
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Air Canada Center
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,011
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
RNH, Gagner, Horcoff, Belanger versus RNH, Gagner, Horcoff, Belanger, Grabovski


Since teams dont need 5 centers why would we trade for a defensive center when we already have our defensive center spots on the team filled. RNH isnt going anywhere. Sure Grabo is better then Gagner but imo

Gagner, Hemsky, 2nd round pick > Graboski

Dont see why you would lol at it...im wondering why even trade for another center when you have Kadri, just offer him to Philly and get back Schenn and Courturier
yes add sarcasm to make your point that much better LOL..

anyways we gladly will keep graboo a great 2nd line C

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.