HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 5.0 - CLR Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2012, 12:41 AM
poetryinmotion

vCash: 500
I'm so pumped for tomorrow's game.

Old
11-09-2012, 06:40 AM
HABS2DCUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
I'm so pumped for tomorrow's game.
Whats tomorrow??

Old
11-09-2012, 07:31 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

How about we just talk about Galchenyuk here...

Old
11-09-2012, 07:52 AM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS2DCUP View Post
Whats tomorrow??
I think he's talking about Sarnia vs Guelph tonight 7:30PM

You have a gally avatar in a gally thread and you dont know lol

Old
11-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
MB on Gally from that article I posted in the other thread:

Quote:
Bergevin s'offre le loisir de débarquer où il le veut, quand il le veut tout en profitant de l'effet de surprise. Il s'est offert quelques matchs d'Alex Galchenyuk, premier choix du Tricolore l'été dernier (troisième sélection), depuis le début de la saison. Le jeune Américain n'a pas déçu son patron en fin de semaine dernière en lui offrant huit points en deux matchs.

«On ne s'est pas trompés avec lui. C'est un vrai joueur. Un gars qui aura sa place au sein de nos six premiers attaquants. Ça dépasse les points qu'il récolte. Il a la vision, l'attitude, la volonté pour réussir», a assuré Bergevin mercredi.
Bergevin has seen several Galchenyuk games so far.

''We did not make a mistake picking him. He's a real player. A guy who will have his spot as a top 6 forward for us. It goes beyond the points he picks up. He has the vision, attitude and desire to succeed.''

Old
11-09-2012, 10:13 AM
domdo345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
MB on Gally from that article I posted in the other thread:

Bergevin has seen several Galchenyuk games so far.

''We did not make a mistake picking him. He's a real player. A guy who will have his spot as a top 6 forward for us. It goes beyond the points he picks up. He has the vision, attitude and desire to succeed.''
oh lol...well I just posted that part in the other thread . Anyway, I may sound like a homer but I have Galchenyuk over anyone else at the draft. Like Bergevin said, it goes beyond the points. He'll be making players around him so much better. Plus, if he succeed, what a great mentor he'll be when a kid won't be pushing hard in the gym.

Old
11-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Andy

Bergervin pretty much said what most posters here were saying pre-draft when pushing for Galchenyuk, his work-ethic and attitude makes him intriguing. Combine that with his skill and we have ourselves a player.

Old
11-09-2012, 10:46 AM
domdo345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Bergervin pretty much said what most posters here were saying pre-draft when pushing for Galchenyuk, his work-ethic and attitude makes him intriguing. Combine that with his skill and we have ourselves a player.
Well for one I can say that I was wrong and wanted Grigorenko. I did not see any of galchenyuk so I had a hard time rooting for him. Then the playoffs and last stretch of the season really made me thought we'd pick Galchenyuk so I pretty much accepted it without being too happy about it. One of the few times to feel so good about being wrong.

Old
11-09-2012, 10:55 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
Well for one I can say that I was wrong and wanted Grigorenko. I did not see any of galchenyuk so I had a hard time rooting for him. Then the playoffs and last stretch of the season really made me thought we'd pick Galchenyuk so I pretty much accepted it without being too happy about it. One of the few times to feel so good about being wrong.
Sorry to be the devils advocate but we couldn't of gone wrong with either really, what's important is that Toronto got n'either.

As for me, I was a strong Grigo supporter at first as well mainly due to his size, but then I warmed up to Gally and it's hard not to fall in love with this kid, no homo, everything about him just screams winner.

Old
11-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
The only question mark about Gally was his knee. That's the only thing people were worried about. Otherwise I remember a lot were saying, had he been healthy, he might have gone first overall.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:11 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Sorry to be the devils advocate but we couldn't of gone wrong with either really, what's important is that Toronto got n'either.

As for me, I was a strong Grigo supporter at first as well mainly due to his size, but then I warmed up to Gally and it's hard not to fall in love with this kid, no homo, everything about him just screams winner.
I completely agree. Rielly is good but they might have needed a franchise center even more than we did. Both Gally or Grigo with TO would have been Sundin 2.0 and I couldn't stand his occasionally hab beating, bald face. Feels much better when they have Tyler Bozak or whomever it is they call their no1 center

Old
11-09-2012, 12:43 PM
jhjhjhjhjhjh*

Quote:

You couldn't be more wrong, if we had drafted Grigorenko 3rd overall I would have jumped off a bridge. But I knew that was never going to happen and had him falling out of the top 10 in my mock draft when other people were putting him top 5 ( and I was the crazy one). But I just don't see Grigorenko being a first line center in the NHL if he doesn't get better defensively and has better work ethic. Fortunately for us Gally already does have all of that.

Old
11-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Guelph vs. Sarnia tonight, YUP! Can't wait to see Gally live again!

Old
11-09-2012, 03:03 PM
centrehice

is it on TV? TVA maybe?

Old
11-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Well, I'm just glad that we didn't end up with Teravainen at the draft instead of Gally.

Old
11-09-2012, 03:16 PM
muzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverBFP View Post
I don't know if he'll be more physical then pleks, haven't seen him get physical really (from what ive seen from clips at least). But i agree with a pleks with better hands and more skill.
Are you saying Pleks is physical?!

Old
11-09-2012, 03:32 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzion View Post
Are you saying Pleks is physical?!
He isnt physical but plays with alot of grit to win his puck battles.. Ask Chara how much he loves Plekanec lol

Old
11-09-2012, 03:36 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
He isnt physical but plays with alot of grit to win his puck battles.. Ask Chara how much he loves Plekanec lol
Gally can probably have that same kind of grit, except he's taller and much stronger than Pleky.

Galchenyuk is going to be a machine really, can't wait to see him on the team! (Cpt. Obvious is Obvious).

Old
11-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
is it on TV? TVA maybe?
Nope. TVA only shows the Q. Tonight's game is probably on TV in Guelph though.

Rest assured it will be made clear when a Sarnia game is on Sportsnet.

Old
11-09-2012, 05:08 PM
HABS2DCUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post
I think he's talking about Sarnia vs Guelph tonight 7:30PM

You have a gally avatar in a gally thread and you dont know lol
Lol I obviously knew about the game
He said tomorrow and the post was at 2 am so I figured he meant Saturday and so I thought Galchenyuk was playing in a game on Saturday that I was not aware of!

Old
11-09-2012, 05:33 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS2DCUP View Post
Lol I obviously knew about the game
He said tomorrow and the post was at 2 am so I figured he meant Saturday and so I thought Galchenyuk was playing in a game on Saturday that I was not aware of!
Doh It's not the next day until I sleep lol.

Old
11-09-2012, 05:36 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Gally can probably have that same kind of grit, except he's taller and much stronger than Pleky.

Galchenyuk is going to be a machine really, can't wait to see him on the team! (Cpt. Obvious is Obvious).
We are not talking about the same talent level here.. Pleks is one of the best 2 way centers in the league IMO while Galchenyuk has more overall skills.. Gally seems to take his defensive duties seriously, but we arent sure yet where he will play in the future, center or winger? The role of a center is different than the one of a winger, centers have much more defensive responsabilities in all 3 zones ..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 11-09-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old
11-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Even though Galchenyuk is bigger than Plekanec he does not play a physical type game at all. He's all finesse and speed. He's going to have to develop a stronger board game to transfer to the NHL as well I believe.

Old
11-09-2012, 05:56 PM
WolfgangAmadeusEller*

Link?

Old
11-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Noob616

I'm in Guelph tonight for the game, looking forward to seeing Gally play!

Closed Thread