HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Tracking the Locked Out Jets

Old
11-05-2012, 02:50 PM
JetsHomer

vCash: 50
Kane is looking for a new Twitter pic and is apparently going to send the winner a signed stick and jersey if you guys know any people that would be into that kind of thing

JetsHomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1350
Enstrom leaves Red Bull team, returns to North America...
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...north-america/

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 12:59 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full

vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Enstrom leaves Red Bull team, returns to North America...
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...north-america/
Very interesting. The "little-guy" may be the harbinger of good news, regarding the lock-out situation.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Jet
Confirmed Pav Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Very interesting. The "little-guy" may be the harbinger of good news, regarding the lock-out situation.
Little Guy, Big News? Sounds like a TLC show

11-07-2012, 11:56 AM
tbsol

vCash: 500
I bumped into Miettinen picking up some take out food on Sunday night... Seems like a really nice guy.

tbsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Damascus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbsol View Post
I bumped into Miettinen picking up some take out food on Sunday night... Seems like a really nice guy.
I thought he was playing in Finland right now

Damascus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 12:48 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damascus View Post
Perhaps tbsol is in Finland?

tbsol: 2 minutes for roughing!

Old
11-07-2012, 02:01 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damascus View Post
Last I heard: He'd signed, but hadn't left yet.

truck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 02:13 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Last I heard: He'd signed, but hadn't left yet.
I thought I'd heard that Mittens let Fehr stay at his house when Fehr first arrived over there? Am I thinking of the wrong players?

At this point, I'm not even sure I have the country right.

EDIT: obviously, listening to 1290 in the background, the signings didn't stick with me. As truck says, Mittens signed Nov 4th - Fehr's been there a while. I could have sworn I heard that Miettinen let Fehr stay at his place over there though. I'm losing my marbles lately.

Old
11-07-2012, 02:40 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
I thought I'd heard that Mittens let Fehr stay at his house when Fehr first arrived over there? Am I thinking of the wrong players?

At this point, I'm not even sure I have the country right.

EDIT: obviously, listening to 1290 in the background, the signings didn't stick with me. As truck says, Mittens signed Nov 4th - Fehr's been there a while. I could have sworn I heard that Miettinen let Fehr stay at his place over there though. I'm losing my marbles lately.
Could be house sitting? Lol Mittens doesn't have to be there...

PS I love how we all call him Mittens

garret9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

PlayerTeamLeagueGP GAPTSPIM+/-
Alexei Ponikarovsky Donbass KHL 17 3 7 10 8 -3
Nik Antropov Barys Astana KHL 12 2 4 6 15 +1
Tobias Enstrom EC Salzburg AUS 5 1 0 1 4 -3
Evander Kane Dinamo Minsk KHL 11 1 0 1 47 -6
Blake Wheeler EHC Munchen DEL 2 0 1 1 25 +1
Antti Miettinen HPK SM-liiga 0 0 0 0 0 0

PlayerTeamLeagueGP RECORDGAASVPSO
Ondrej Pavelec Bili Tygri Liberec CZE 14 4-10-0 3.50 .896 0

Update from today.

Miettienen has not played yet as much as I can see. Fehr has 3g, 6pts in 5gp on that same team, btw.

Kane continues to struggle, appears to be on the 4th line in Belarus playing with depth 30 year old KHLer Dmitry Meleshko (career high 21 points 3years ago, stats falling every year, 1g, 5ts in 19gp this year) and 22 year old borderline KHLer Sergei Drozd (career high 34gp, 8pts last year, 1g, 2pts in 22gp this year). Meanwhile Timmy Stapleton continues to lead the team in goals and points, another goal today in a 2-0 win.

Pavelec is 2-2 in his last 4 games, svp rising and gaa falling slowly. Starting to come around it seems.

Poni and Antro continue to be effective if unspectacular in the KHL, Poni is -3 in his last two gp though.

What is with Jets players and the PIM's over in Europe , both Kane and Wheeler with game misconducts already...

Anyways there yah go, how our boys are doing. And I'm probably the one one who cares, but Arturs Kulda's offense has cooled off (still just 6g, 9pts on the year), but that's to be expected considering he is a defensive defenseman, he is leading Sibir in TOI and Sibir is above average in defensive and PK among teams in the league.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 07:54 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

I care...

I liked Kulda. He's not a "defensive defenseman" like the misnomer that goes to some D who aren't very good offensively or defensively; his skating and positioning made him for a strong tough minutes guy or support for puck moving D. I thought he could of been a great upgrade on Stuart in the 5th/6th D spot with the possibility of being a decent 4th.

Enstrom-Bogosian
???-Trouba
Kulda-Postma
Redmond
^^that was always the not-so-disatnt-future I saw once Byfuglien started regressing.

Although obviously Kulda's points was going to cool down. He was shooting at >20% earlier... he's still creating offence as he has a decent amount of SOG.

Old
11-08-2012, 08:11 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

The lightbulb probably already turned on for others but I just noticed something...

Burmi is playing in the NA (AHL); we're hoping he learns how to play a more N/S game and learn to drive to the net
Kane is playing in Russia (KHL); we're hoping he learns how to play a more E/W game and learn to improve possession/playmaking

anyone see the pattern

Old
11-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I care...

I liked Kulda. He's not a "defensive defenseman" like the misnomer that goes to some D who aren't very good offensively or defensively; his skating and positioning made him for a strong tough minutes guy or support for puck moving D. I thought he could of been a great upgrade on Stuart in the 5th/6th D spot with the possibility of being a decent 4th.

Enstrom-Bogosian
???-Trouba
Kulda-Postma
Redmond
^^that was always the not-so-disatnt-future I saw once Byfuglien started regressing.

Although obviously Kulda's points was going to cool down. He was shooting at >20% earlier... he's still creating offence as he has a decent amount of SOG.
Haha, yeah fair enough I agree. I moreso meant that he is/was never going to be a big offensive guy, he shot and just mindset would not allow that. I was always impressed with his first pass, skating and positioning. Those are key things for guys that specialize in shutdown defense. Love Stuart, but he can never be a shutdown defender since his positioning and first pass will never allow him to be more than a physical depth defenseman, not a great defensive D in all reality.

Oh well, I guess I really should give up on him at this point, but till he is no longer Jets property, I think I'll keep up with it

Old
11-09-2012, 08:38 AM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Haha, yeah fair enough I agree. I moreso meant that he is/was never going to be a big offensive guy, he shot and just mindset would not allow that. I was always impressed with his first pass, skating and positioning. Those are key things for guys that specialize in shutdown defense. Love Stuart, but he can never be a shutdown defender since his positioning and first pass will never allow him to be more than a physical depth defenseman, not a great defensive D in all reality.

Oh well, I guess I really should give up on him at this point, but till he is no longer Jets property, I think I'll keep up with it
My understanding of Kulda is...

He isn't a Jet, but if he comes back to North America the Jets have first dibs.

Old
11-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Quote:

What is with Jets players and the PIM's over in Europe , both Kane and Wheeler with game misconducts already...
Well, the Jets were the 7th most penalized team in the league last season. Oddly enough, the Jets took the LEAST number of penalties of any team in the 1st period, but faced the MOST shorthanded situations of any team in both the 2nd and 3rd periods.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm...enaltyKillTime

Gm0ney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 11:15 AM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
Well, the Jets were the 7th most penalized team in the league last season. Oddly enough, the Jets took the LEAST number of penalties of any team in the 1st period, but faced the MOST shorthanded situations of any team in both the 2nd and 3rd periods.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm...enaltyKillTime
The Jets also had the 5th worst PK and allowed the 3rd most goals.

Fix those issues, add a little more consistency in net and the team could get to an even or better goal differential. Progress could be made.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:59 AM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Quote:
The Jets also had the 5th worst PK and allowed the 3rd most goals.

Fix those issues, add a little more consistency in net and the team could get to an even or better goal differential. Progress could be made.
Dumping Glass should go a long way in fixing the PK and eliminating dump penalties taken.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 12:44 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Dumping Glass should go a long way in fixing the PK and eliminating dump penalties taken.
I'd 100% agree to the first bit (as Poni >>>>> Glass IMHO) but not really the second bit that much.

Looking at PM drawn and taken (not taking coincidental, etc) the differential is:
Wellwood: -0.5
Kane: -0.5
Burmistrov: -0.3
Miettinen: -0.3
Wheeler: -0.2
Little: -0.1
Slater: -0.1
Ladd: 0.1
Glass: 0.1
Stapleton: 0.2
Fehr: 0.3
Thorburn: 0.5
Antropov: 0.7

Negative number means you drew more penalties than you created. I think Antro got a lot due to combo of "hit big man and fall down" and stick penalties from being a bit slower.

Now defence is always going to get more penalties as that's part of the territory of trying to stop people from moving and pry the puck away but anyways:
Jones: -0.1
Enstrom: 0.3
Bogosian: 0.3
Hainsey: 0.3
Stuart: 0.5
Flood: 0.5
Clitsome: 0.7
Byfuglien: 0.8

It's interesting to see how very few penalties were drawn by Antro and Byfuglien. I'd definately say there is some bias with referees calling penalties against players that attack on big guys (just looking at the penalties drawn).

Old
11-09-2012, 04:30 PM
kunabai

Quote:
Kane continues to struggle, appears to be on the 4th line in Belarus playing with depth 30 year old KHLer Dmitry Meleshko (career high 21 points 3years ago, stats falling every year, 1g, 5ts in 19gp this year) and 22 year old borderline KHLer Sergei Drozd (career high 34gp, 8pts last year, 1g, 2pts in 22gp this year). Meanwhile Timmy Stapleton continues to lead the team in goals and points, another goal today in a 2-0 win.
kane played with them only in the latest game against riga.
though, he has played with drozd almost every game he was in dinamo uniform. but i must say that usually our 4th line was kane-pavelski-drozd, and it was nominal 4th line, because in reality they often have been getting 3rd line minutes.
he even got some pp time - in those situations drozd have been replaced by irgl or laine in this line.
but there is still no chemistry between those players
i don't even say about other issues

kunabai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
My understanding of Kulda is...

He isn't a Jet, but if he comes back to North America the Jets have first dibs.
Um not really. He was qualified so he is Jets property as a RFA. There is no way he can go anywhere else until he qualifies for UFA status (which under the current system would 27, so 3 years for him). He cannot come back to the NHL with any other team than the Jets unless he is traded. So the Jets don't have "dibs" they have his rights completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunabai View Post
kane played with them only in the latest game against riga.
though, he has played with drozd almost every game he was in dinamo uniform. but i must say that usually our 4th line was kane-pavelski-drozd, and it was nominal 4th line, because in reality they often have been getting 3rd line minutes.
he even got some pp time - in those situations drozd have been replaced by irgl or laine in this line.
but there is still no chemistry between those players
i don't even say about other issues
K thanks! I don't catch many of the games, mostly relying on game reports.

Old
11-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Tintin's Ghost

Eliteprospects.com is reporting that Pavelec is leaving/transferring out of Liberec in the Czech league. No indication where he's going, if anywhere. If he comes to Winnipeg, I would have to take it as a positive sign regarding the CBA talks.

Pavelec update is near the top of the list in the Transfers sub-heading.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/

Tintin's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:16 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin's Ghost View Post
Eliteprospects.com is reporting that Pavelec is leaving/transferring out of Liberec in the Czech league. No indication where he's going, if anywhere. If he comes to Winnipeg, I would have to take it as a positive sign regarding the CBA talks.

Pavelec update is near the top of the list in the Transfers sub-heading.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/
Pavlec heading home NOT because of the CBA talks, more like NOT having anywhere to play, his contract in Liberec expired and was not renewed. With a .896 save % and 3.50 goals against avg. it's not hard to see why.
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...178954091.html

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Jet
Confirmed Pav Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Pavlec heading home NOT because of the CBA talks, more like NOT having anywhere to play, his contract in Liberec expired and was not renewed. With a .896 save % and 3.50 goals against avg. it's not hard to see why.
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...178954091.html
I think my beer league team needs a goalie this weekend, is he coming back to Winnipeg ?

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 05:03 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I think my beer league team needs a goalie this weekend, is he coming back to Winnipeg ?
Don't tempt him