HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

AHL Scrappers

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2012, 10:14 PM
MonsterSurge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
Is he that good? I am going to have to start watching him more. Hopefully he gets some NHL looks.
He is that good. He beat Orr last year.

Edit: He's actually beat every Toronto tough guy.

Last edited by MonsterSurge: 11-08-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old
11-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Hawaiinleaf

What???? Bordeleau got tagged twice as much as Orr did and got knocked down by an Orr right !

But he got the Huggy Bear Brashier take down so that makes him win the fight??? Dont think so

Old
11-09-2012, 04:08 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post
What???? Bordeleau got tagged twice as much as Orr did and got knocked down by an Orr right !

But he got the Huggy Bear Brashier take down so that makes him win the fight??? Dont think so
Bordeleau got the edge in that fight....... but not by much

Old
11-09-2012, 05:54 PM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post

Got knocked down by an Orr right? What video did you watch? Did you not see Orr's head snap back from the punches?

Old
11-09-2012, 06:20 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterSurge View Post
Got knocked down by an Orr right? What video did you watch? Did you not see Orr's head snap back from the punches?
He's a leafs fan, don't even bother arguing with him.

Old
11-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Trognitz

Quote:
He is that good. He beat Orr last year.

Edit: He's actually beat every Toronto tough guy.
good fighter. i would give him a narrow wn in that fight.

Old
11-10-2012, 03:56 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

If I was Ray Shero I would try to trade one of our prospects (i.e. Ken Agostino, Nick D'Agostino, Robert Bortuzzo) for Michael Ferland. This kid has the potential to be a good 3rd line forward who can drop the gloves occasionally.

He's a kid to look out for in the AHL.

Old
11-12-2012, 01:50 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Bordeleau got the edge in that fight....... but not by much
Agreed, and he seemed to control it. Orr was flailing a bit.

Old
11-12-2012, 05:19 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Anyone know what's going on with Tim Spencer ? Healthy scratch or injured?

Old
11-12-2012, 07:17 PM
bud12

Healthy scratch I think

Old
11-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Gabriel Dumont Vs. Joe Colborne.

Old
11-17-2012, 07:54 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Former Bruins bust Joe Colborne got dropped in a fight by a 5'9 guy. Wow

Old
11-19-2012, 04:53 PM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Former Bruins bust Joe Colborne got dropped in a fight by a 5'9 guy. Wow
Lane MacDermid got destroyed by Gallant yesterday.

Old
11-20-2012, 06:39 AM
BlackNgold 84

For providence.. lane macdermid and bobby robins. 2 out of 3 parts of the buzz saw line. Went to the p-bruins vs monarchs game.. robbins seems to have a thing against clune of the monarchs.

Old
11-20-2012, 06:45 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Lane MacDermid got destroyed by Gallant yesterday.

helluva a right by gallant.. or 2 rights to be honest haha.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:09 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96

Old
11-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Super Sniper Cele

Send a message via AIM to Super Sniper Cele
MacIntyre is such a worthless bum and a disgrace to the fighter role. I can't believe they went out of their way to bring him in instead of using guys like Payerl, Megna, Veilleux and Farnham.

Old
11-22-2012, 04:00 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sniper Cele View Post
MacIntyre is such a worthless bum and a disgrace to the fighter role. I can't believe they went out of their way to bring him in instead of using guys like Payerl, Megna, Veilleux and Farnham.
why?
none of the guys you posted are legit heavy. the only one that have some fighting skills is Veilleux but he could face better fighters, he often fight the easiest guys ....

Old
11-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:

He has been fairly useless, but 3 of those 4 guys were also in the line up last night. The only one who wasn't is Payerl, and he's injured.

MacIntyre likely would've been sitting too if it hadn't been for all the nonsense that happened in the last WBS/Hershey game. I've been critical of him, but he came in and did his job.

I'm not a fan of throwing punches when the other guy is down, but there was going to be a message sent to Clackson, a light heavy who just fought a rookie way out of his class in fighting ability the previous game.

Old
11-24-2012, 09:07 AM
Super Sniper Cele

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
why?
none of the guys you posted are legit heavy. the only one that have some fighting skills is Veilleux but he could face better fighters, he often fight the easiest guys ....
In case you haven't watched much hockey over the passed few seasons, the 'goons' who get four shifts per game and bring nothing outside of their fighting are a dying breed.

Then there are guys like Bobby Farnham, who not only can skate a regular shift and play the game of hockey, but can police the ice as well. So Clackson goes after Morrow, **** happens. Instead of two goons (Mac/Clackson) going at it, Farnham chased Taffe across the ice minutes later and forced him to drop the gloves and fight.

One of their fighters goes after a top prospect so one of ours goes after their top player. Do you think Taffe enjoyed having to fight like that? No. That sends a message. Steve ****ing MacIntyre pucnhing a helpless guy in the head while on the ice is embarassing and in the end solves nothing.

Old
11-24-2012, 09:15 AM
Super Sniper Cele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post

He has been fairly useless, but 3 of those 4 guys were also in the line up last night. The only one who wasn't is Payerl, and he's injured.
There have been several games this season where much more useful hockey players were put in the pressbox for this clown to "play".
Quote:
MacIntyre likely would've been sitting too if it hadn't been for all the nonsense that happened in the last WBS/Hershey game. I've been critical of him, but he came in and did his job.
No he didn't. Bobby Farnham did it for him. Like I said in my above post, do you think the Bears and Jeff Taffe himself are OK with him having to fight Farnham the way he did? No. Now on the flip side of that question, do you think anybody is worried that two window lickers like Mac and Clackson fought? Once again, the answer is no.
Quote:
I'm not a fan of throwing punches when the other guy is down, but there was going to be a message sent to Clackson, a light heavy who just fought a rookie way out of his class in fighting ability the previous game.
Exactly. So shove it right back in their face. Their goon goes after our top prospect, so send our goon after their top scorer. That's just brilliant and the way it should be.

Old
11-24-2012, 09:41 AM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Jayson Megna rarely fights. He only has two fighting majors in his career.

Old
11-24-2012, 10:40 AM
bud12

Quote:
In case you haven't watched much hockey over the passed few seasons, the 'goons' who get four shifts per game and bring nothing outside of their fighting are a dying breed.

Then there are guys like Bobby Farnham, who not only can skate a regular shift and play the game of hockey, but can police the ice as well. So Clackson goes after Morrow, **** happens. Instead of two goons (Mac/Clackson) going at it, Farnham chased Taffe across the ice minutes later and forced him to drop the gloves and fight.

One of their fighters goes after a top prospect so one of ours goes after their top player. Do you think Taffe enjoyed having to fight like that? No. That sends a message. Steve ****ing MacIntyre pucnhing a helpless guy in the head while on the ice is embarassing and in the end solves nothing.

In case you haven't watched ahl hockey over the passed few seasons, heavyweight aren't a dyind breed and the majority of club have one. And its not 190 lbs Farnham who started to fight this year that will police and protect your team.

Old
11-24-2012, 10:49 AM
bud12

Big Mac and Bordeleau are the guys to beat this year

Old
11-24-2012, 11:02 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
There have been several games this season where much more useful hockey players were put in the pressbox for this clown to "play".
Not really, all the guys you mentioned except Farnham have been injured for large chunks of the season. Farnham was only signed with Wheeling and is now mainstay in the lineup.

Quote:
No he didn't. Bobby Farnham did it for him. Like I said in my above post, do you think the Bears and Jeff Taffe himself are OK with him having to fight Farnham the way he did? No. Now on the flip side of that question, do you think anybody is worried that two window lickers like Mac and Clackson fought? Once again, the answer is no.
I love Farnham, but I think more needed to be done. I don't know if the rest of the Bears cared, but I'm sure Clackson wasn't thrilled about getting pounded on like that. Considering he's the one who went after Morrow, it makes sense that some of the consequence would fall on him. This isn't like two enforcers fighting off of a face off for a hit neither of them were involved in.

Quote:
Exactly. So shove it right back in their face. Their goon goes after our top prospect, so send our goon after their top scorer. That's just brilliant and the way it should be.
Farnham isn't a goon though, he's a pest. Coming from college hockey, he's pretty green in terms of fighting. Him going after Taffe was nice, but it was just a wrestling match. Like I said, I love the guy, love the way he plays, but I don't mind having that nuclear option in MacIntyre around for instances like this. The pure goon is probably done in the NHL, but the AHL is still a different world in a lot of ways and a lot of stuff happens that needs to be dealt with.

He'd probably be playing even less this year if there hadn't been a bunch of injuries to Wilkes-Barre's forwards, particularly guys that would be playing in the bottom six.

Closed Thread