HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2012, 07:08 PM
S Bah

vCash: 500
I have to wonder if it's Edmonton's idea for Nail Yakupov to play in the Subway Series or Nail's.In either case the Russian player's are certainly out to impress the scouts during the series and earn a position for the WJC's this Christmas.As a Hab fan I was immensely happy to see the play of Charles Hudon,he looks like a very good prospect and I look forward to him playing for Team Canada.It should be a great WJC as usual and the Russian,Swedish,Finnish and USA teams will be explosive offensively,so Team Canada can use all the good two way forwards along with all of the great Dmen and goalies we have.Back to the game.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:26 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

I don't think we'll stink as much as some think. I'm thinking between a playoff bubble team to a round 2 loser in the playoffs.

I don't think we'll get a top 10 pick through stinking but I really feel that MB will pull a deal using our 2nd rounders and whatever else to get a high pick.

From what I see of our prospect pool, we should be putting a premium on quality not quantity. We have tons of solid mid-level prospects but we really need another blue-chipper. I'm sure MB feels the same way.

Old
11-09-2012, 01:06 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simerc View Post
Jeter le bébé avec l'eau du bain pour Drouin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Yeah, but how do you pronounce "ruin", then? It's rew-an. Take whatever accent you want, you can make it work.
I've been played

Pribyl has 4 pts in 8 games but Sparta has played a lot more... is he loaned out or injured?

Old
11-09-2012, 02:00 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post

Pribyl has 4 pts in 8 games but Sparta has played a lot more... is he loaned out or injured?
He was injured at the beginning of the year.

Old
11-09-2012, 05:08 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
I don't think we'll stink as much as some think. I'm thinking between a playoff bubble team to a round 2 loser in the playoffs.

I don't think we'll get a top 10 pick through stinking but I really feel that MB will pull a deal using our 2nd rounders and whatever else to get a high pick.

From what I see of our prospect pool, we should be putting a premium on quality not quantity. We have tons of solid mid-level prospects but we really need another blue-chipper. I'm sure MB feels the same way.
The Habs need Markov to be in his regular form to give the Habs a shot at the playoffs. Price,Plekanec,Subban,Pacioretty all need injury free season and Emelin & Diaz hopefully don't have the sophomore jinx.With all of those players going,then the chances improve but the parity in the league especially in the Northeast is tough.Montreal making the playoffs is far from assured as it was in the past.Trading to acquire a Blue-chip player in the draft is putting all of ones eggs in one basket.In a draft this deep the Habs could draft four NHL players with their picks,so if the player they want is worth that amount then I'm sure Bergy, Dudley and Timmins will pull the trigger on the right deal.IMO.

Old
11-09-2012, 07:17 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
He was injured at the beginning of the year.
Yea but his 8 gp hasn't changed in a while. I think he's missed games recently. I wish the Extraliga got more attention.

Looks like the last evidence of his play is: Oct 28th. 2PIMs against Pleky's Kladno.

Last edited by DekeLikeYouMeanIt: 11-09-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old
11-09-2012, 08:57 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

I think all the European leagues are on some sort of break. That's also why Eller's first game in the Finnish league isn't until the 16th or something.

Old
11-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

vCash: 597
Thrower scratched tonight...lower body injury.

Old
11-09-2012, 06:48 PM
EveryDay
Habs Prospect

Hudon scores the first goal of the night!

Old
11-09-2012, 07:26 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Thrower scratched tonight...lower body injury.
Weird season so far for Thrower...

Old
11-09-2012, 09:59 PM
WaltWhitman

McMillan scores a shorty late in the third to ice the game 3-0 for UND against St. Cloud State. McMillan also had an assist.

Kristo with 6 shots.

Last edited by WaltWhitman: 11-09-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old
11-09-2012, 10:56 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

vCash: 597
Vail has gone 3 points without a point after tonight's tilt. Not too worried. He wasn't going to finish with 85-90 points, which is what he was on pace for at one point. There was going to be a bit of a correction coming.

Old
11-10-2012, 06:49 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Didn't see Bozon in the lineup for Kamloops yesterday, Randford was playing in his place with Smith and Lipon, guess he was suspended for that spit in the face earlier this week.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:36 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
I think all the European leagues are on some sort of break. That's also why Eller's first game in the Finnish league isn't until the 16th or something.
Correct, they are all off because of Euro Tour that is going on now. Games will start back up by next weekend or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltWhitman View Post
McMillan scores a shorty late in the third to ice the game 3-0 for UND against St. Cloud State. McMillan also had an assist.
A nice win for ND, too bad the game wasn't on tv on the east coast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Vail has gone 3 points without a point after tonight's tilt. Not too worried. He wasn't going to finish with 85-90 points, which is what he was on pace for at one point. There was going to be a bit of a correction coming.
From what i've heard, sounds like Vail is a lock to get an invite to the winter camp next month for Team USA. Hope he can impress as it would be great if he could make it both years but if not he's got to be a lock for 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Didn't see Bozon in the lineup for Kamloops yesterday, Randford was playing in his place with Smith and Lipon, guess he was suspended for that spit in the face earlier this week.
Yes he was suspended for the last game.

Old
11-10-2012, 03:04 PM
WaltWhitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post

A nice win for ND, too bad the game wasn't on tv on the east coast.

Tonight's game is supposed to be on NESN.

Old
11-10-2012, 06:56 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post

From what i've heard, sounds like Vail is a lock to get an invite to the winter camp next month for Team USA. Hope he can impress as it would be great if he could make it both years but if not he's got to be a lock for 2014.
Good stuff. With how versatile he is, I believe he has good chances to make that team.

Old
11-11-2012, 04:18 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

1 g and 2a...nice night for Archambault.

he had a pretty crazy point streak going there awhile ago but they were just about all 1 pt games. It would be nice if he could have some more multis and get over a PPG

Old
11-11-2012, 07:14 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Yeah with his talent and at his age, that's where he should be. I know he's working on his defensive game and his plus/minus ratio, but he needs to put it all together...

Old
11-11-2012, 08:26 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

A couple of notes about our NCAA prospects:

- While I do know it's not Josiah type of game....would still be nice to see him get some points once in a while...

- Dustin Walsh going slowly but surely like a guy we are not going to re-signed in the upcoming summer

- I would love to know...but is Bennett getting some tough minutes or is he really on the 3rd pairing? They got clubbered 7-2 yesterday and while him being even is all great, Clare and Trouba being -3 tells me they get the toughest matchups which is somewhat ordinairy. I understand Trouba is indeed a special talent, one of my favorite of last year, I understand Clare is a senior, but the guy had all the trouble to play regularly last year. Would love to know what Montreal thinks of that or any other Wolverines follower. I didn't buy the package yet so I don't know myself

- If the Bruins fans check the North Dakota scoreboard, they'll have a whole lot of fun at our expense.....Kristo getting a penalty for diving....

Old
11-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
A couple of notes about our NCAA prospects:

- While I do know it's not Josiah type of game....would still be nice to see him get some points once in a while...

- Dustin Walsh going slowly but surely like a guy we are not going to re-signed in the upcoming summer

- I would love to know...but is Bennett getting some tough minutes or is he really on the 3rd pairing? They got clubbered 7-2 yesterday and while him being even is all great, Clare and Trouba being -3 tells me they get the toughest matchups which is somewhat ordinairy. I understand Trouba is indeed a special talent, one of my favorite of last year, I understand Clare is a senior, but the guy had all the trouble to play regularly last year. Would love to know what Montreal thinks of that or any other Wolverines follower. I didn't buy the package yet so I don't know myself

- If the Bruins fans check the North Dakota scoreboard, they'll have a whole lot of fun at our expense.....Kristo getting a penalty for diving....
Walsh is just coming off another injury though. Thought I read he was playing on the 4th line to start off.

Old
11-11-2012, 09:33 PM
That

Bozon has been held goalless for 7 games now. In his last 5 games he only has one assist.

Tonight he was completely invisible other than putting Leipsic in a headlock and getting a penalty for it. He got demoted to the second line around the middle of the second and didn't fare much better.

Kamloops seems to have lost their spark, they've lost three in a row. That was an incredible start and it was only a matter of time before they came back down to earth. They still are a very good team though.

Old
11-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
Walsh is just coming off another injury though. Thought I read he was playing on the 4th line to start off.
But that's the thing. He's been injured....and injured....and injured. So he needs an incredible year, or so I believe, to make them re-signed him. Not doing it so far. Reason why I said slowly but surely. He turns it around, and he gets a closer look. You get really fast at 50 contracts and if my reasoning is good, I would suspect we could be active in the UFA juniors signings with all that new staff we have, covering more grounds, and being more eager to let their imprint already on the new management. So tough decisions ahead and letting Walsh go, if he doesn't have that great of a year, might not be too hard to do. I still believe in him somehow. The guy has a really great frame to do with good instincts. But just never was able to show anything so far.

Old
11-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Bozon has been held goalless for 7 games now. In his last 5 games he only has one assist.

Tonight he was completely invisible other than putting Leipsic in a headlock and getting a penalty for it. He got demoted to the second line around the middle of the second and didn't fare much better.

Kamloops seems to have lost their spark, they've lost three in a row. That was an incredible start and it was only a matter of time before they came back down to earth. They still are a very good team though.

They probably had it a bit too easy at the start and got complacent, they are now getting a wake up call so they'll have to step up and work at it.

I like that Bozon brings a physical edge to him.

Old
11-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
But that's the thing. He's been injured....and injured....and injured. So he needs an incredible year, or so I believe, to make them re-signed him. Not doing it so far. Reason why I said slowly but surely. He turns it around, and he gets a closer look. You get really fast at 50 contracts and if my reasoning is good, I would suspect we could be active in the UFA juniors signings with all that new staff we have, covering more grounds, and being more eager to let their imprint already on the new management. So tough decisions ahead and letting Walsh go, if he doesn't have that great of a year, might not be too hard to do. I still believe in him somehow. The guy has a really great frame to do with good instincts. But just never was able to show anything so far.
Injuries will be a factor, but 50 contracts gives you a lot of flexibility in that you can take a chance on a guy. Often 5-7 of those 50 are non prospects playing in the AHL...Desjardins Boyce Henry etc Those guys usually get cut back before younger guys taht are NHL prospects.

Old
11-12-2012, 01:11 PM
SeriousFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post

Lipon and Smith are not far ahead of Bozon's recent results either. Regression at work, those three were unstoppable for a while but now it's just losing a bit of their spark while averaging back to where they really ought to be.

Sooner or later they'll all become dangerous again, frustration is setting in as they keep waiting for the magic to suddenly reappear.

Closed Thread