HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Jersey & Logo Talk (Green To Stay Confirmed!)

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2012, 01:53 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Kill it with fire.

Old
11-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 500
Go S7ars.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Old
11-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Brand New Stars

Yeah just seeing stuff like that makes me fearful of what a logo change could become.

Old
11-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Sports
McDavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Maybe I only noticed this because of the logo talk yesterday, but what the hell is this?

That font is terrible. It's the Stars profile pic on Twitter.
Is that account legitimate?
The main Stars Twitter isn't using that picture, and the 3rd account listed in it's info hasn't been used since the last game of the 09-10 season.

Old
11-08-2012, 02:48 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undecided View Post
Is that account legitimate?
The main Stars Twitter isn't using that picture, and the 3rd account listed in it's info hasn't been used since the last game of the 09-10 season.
Good call. I don't follow them but the handle is @thedallasstars, and Mike Heika of all people RT them. That's why they are on my feed. The tweet he RT was a link for some Flashback Friday I know the real Dallas Stars do. I didn't click or anything ... just noted the pic on the profile ... so I don't know if it's a legitimate link.

Just scrolling through I didn't even catch it was a RT. Knowing that awful image wasn't created by the team makes me feel a ton better.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:25 PM
AK87
Hall of Famer

I personally lover the new "DALLAS" all black sweaters. I think Hockey jerseys should be kept plain and simple and not too elaborate like they look in Europe and some OHL teams, they just dont look "tough" enough.

Old
11-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

New logo/uniforms?

Hi guys, I come in peace from the Ottawa board. I'm a local graphic designer and I've recently had the privilege to develop the Ottawa Senators Heritage uniform which was a big hit locally and, from what I've heard around the league.

News came out that ownership in Dallas was looking to create a new logo for the franchise as well as uniforms. I've tried to get in touch with marketing and left a message, but as was the case in Ottawa, a fair amount of research was required to come up with the best possible result.

So I was wondering, as local or fans abroad, what are Stars fans hoping for in a potential rebrand/new uniforms?

Cheers!

Old
11-09-2012, 02:24 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
Hi guys, I come in peace from the Ottawa board. I'm a local graphic designer and I've recently had the privilege to develop the Ottawa Senators Heritage uniform which was a big hit locally and, from what I've heard around the league.

News came out that ownership in Dallas was looking to create a new logo for the franchise as well as uniforms. I've tried to get in touch with marketing and left a message, but as was the case in Ottawa, a fair amount of research was required to come up with the best possible result.

So I was wondering, as local or fans abroad, what are Stars fans hoping for in a potential rebrand/new uniforms?

Cheers!
It sounds like you are wanting to submit an idea, right?

That's awesome, and I'm sure fans on the board would love to see some of your ideas. Unfortunately, the latest news on the subject indicated they were pretty far along in the process. They were already viewing prototypes at the office recently, and someone mentioned the design had to be chosen by December in order for it to debut in 2013.

Unless they started the process over, it would seem like you missed out on making a pitch.

EDIT: Oh yeah ... here's a pretty lengthy debate about what fans on here want --> Link

Last edited by BigG44: 11-09-2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Changed newest to news
Old
11-09-2012, 02:54 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
Hi guys, I come in peace from the Ottawa board.

Cheers!
I'm definitely familiar with your work on the Sens' 3rd. It's fantastic. The Senators deserve a lot of credit as well for being open to something like that.

Most Stars fans want new jerseys and they want them to A) have a logo on them and B) have more color, namely green.

A new logo though is something that I didn't really see anyone asking for, but we may wind up getting anyway like it or not.

Old
11-09-2012, 03:33 PM
TrillMike

I was just reading the post DBD made about the new jerseys. Someone in the comments was claiming to have see the mock ups. I don't know how reliable he is, but here's what he said:

"I have seen some of the designs
They have had a few designs, I was able to see 2 of them and have some insight into the situation thanks to an employee I know. I can’t elaborate, they could be fired for showing someone. One was a red-white-blue mockup that i didn’t like and neither did the other people I know who saw it. The other one was very close to what many are assuming…Vancouver. Apparently this is the way Gagliardi wants to go, but who knows. The ideas of logo change, color change are very strong possibilities. The logos I saw were a slightly altered version of today’s, a more drastic alteration, and two very different logos. Expect change. The other kicker is the color green. Don’t hold your breath. Nobody in the organization wants to do green unless it’s a secondary color. I don’t get it. Don’t expect the fans to have much say, and the way meetings have gone, Gagliardi will make the decision. Another frustrating aspect is they have non-hockey non-stars fans providing input. I wish I could’ve taken a picture to show you guys, but I was not permitted. I wanted to post about this a month ago but I wanted to wait until there was some chatter about it. I will try to get more info soon.

by James329 on Nov 8, 2012 3:38 PM PST reply actions "

He also said:
"There was also...
A secondary red and white only uniform, where they basically removed the blue not much was different…which made me throw up a little bit. I think the Vancouver option with a blue and green is more likely though.

by James329 on Nov 8, 2012 3:49 PM PST up reply actions "

If this is true, just wow.

Old
11-09-2012, 03:44 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

I don't want to overreact to something a random commenter says.... but Jesus Christ. I'm starting to get way more fearful than I am hopeful. They may yet make us long for our current bland pajamas before it's all said and done.

Icethetics has picked up on some of the Gaglardi comments and has a story up.

I don't know what's up with that picture that goes with the article though. It's green and gold and it's got our logo in it. Clearly needs to be changed immediately, what an eyesore.

Old
11-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillmike View Post
The other kicker is the color green. Don’t hold your breath. Nobody in the organization wants to do green unless it’s a secondary color. I don’t get it.
I don't get this at all. One bit. The more news I hear, the more disappointed I prepare myself.

Definitely won't be buying any new jersey for a long long long time if they go this way.

Old
11-09-2012, 04:04 PM
TrillMike

If that guy that I quoted is anywhere close to being the final version, I think it's pretty safe to say the die-hards will riot. We've waited and begged for way too long to get something that disappointing. Is it possible that the "suits" in charge of these decisions don't take in to consideration the opinions of thousands of fans (online)?

I really hope he's wrong.

Old
11-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

I think any chance of any fan input ended when the the lenders took over and then Gaglardi bought the team.

Old
11-09-2012, 04:21 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

We've got a President who wishes he ran the Red Wings and an owner who wishes he owned the Canucks...

Old
11-09-2012, 04:36 PM
TrillMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
We've got a President who wishes he ran the Red Wings and an owner who wishes he owned the Canucks...
Good point.

Old
11-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
But it's better than what we've had at least.

Old
11-09-2012, 06:10 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

I know, I sound spoiled. I'm just frustrated.

Old
11-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
I know, I sound spoiled. I'm just frustrated.
Most of us feel the same I would suspect. I really would've liked to see where they were going with this before the whole lenders takeover happened, just to see if fan input was actually being considered or not.

Blue is as bad as red imo. Especially copying another NHL team's already existing colors.

Old
11-09-2012, 06:32 PM
FrailSwan
A-B-We Stole Your C

Nooooooooooo not blue. Especially Blue WITH green. I hate Vancouver's jerseys. I'd rather just have all green. If that really is true, there shall be hell to pay.

Old
11-09-2012, 06:37 PM
txomisc

if they drastically change the color scheme then they truly havent done a good job figuring out what existing fans want (or they simply dont care)

Old
11-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
It sounds like you are wanting to submit an idea, right?

That's awesome, and I'm sure fans on the board would love to see some of your ideas. Unfortunately, the latest news on the subject indicated they were pretty far along in the process. They were already viewing prototypes at the office recently, and someone mentioned the design had to be chosen by December in order for it to debut in 2013.

Unless they started the process over, it would seem like you missed out on making a pitch.

EDIT: Oh yeah ... here's a pretty lengthy debate about what fans on here want --> Link
Quote:
I'm definitely familiar with your work on the Sens' 3rd. It's fantastic. The Senators deserve a lot of credit as well for being open to something like that.

Most Stars fans want new jerseys and they want them to A) have a logo on them and B) have more color, namely green.

A new logo though is something that I didn't really see anyone asking for, but we may wind up getting anyway like it or not.
Wow, the Stars board really is a friendly place compared to others! Cheers!

Now, on the topic at hand, yes, it appears I am quite late to the party. I suspected that but still, you never know. Here's my take on the process and where I think they're at:

1. It is true that final uniform design must be approved by december in order for Reebok to produce merchandise for the following season. So I assume at this point they are at the decision phase.

2. I am 100% sure that prototypes are in. For those who might not know what this is, Reebok will produce up to three prototypes for a jersey. From what I've gathered, these prototypes came in this week.

3. Sadly, it sounds like the comments made by the person claiming he saw the prototypes are accurate. Teams often have these focus groups who are briefed on the confidentiality of these projects.

At this point, I would say blue white and red, red and white and blue and green are the options being considered. I could be way off base here, but the story sounds credible. Mind you, it could be a very dark blue.

In any case, I don't get why they would do that. Sounds like the new owner wants to dress up his new doll the way he wants :S

But hey, it could be very nice as well, who knows?

Old
11-09-2012, 07:50 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

To be fair, I'm not really sure I'd say the Stars' have "thousands" of diehards. That said, though, most of them are the STHs and where the money comes from. Seems like they're trying more to appeal to a casual fan (or those not even fans at all) by changing simply to change, not because it's better.

I don't know, maybe I'm overthinking it. All I know is that I want to keep the green, only make minor changes to the logo (if any), and just get more color into them.

Old
11-09-2012, 07:53 PM
hairylikebear
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\|\\

You guys should really wait and see what they decide to use. It might be different, perhaps vastly so, but it doesn't have to be worse.

Old
11-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

I just don't even understand the need to change the logo. Our logo is one that has been with the team since it got here, and it's perfect imo. Don't get why this franchise feels the need to change something that doesn't need changing.

Closed Thread