HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Arizona Sports Thread II: DBacks, Cardinals, Suns, Wildcats, Sun Devils, etc

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2012, 12:48 AM
Naurutger
Free Max!

vCash: 1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Matt Scott would have been better off sitting this one out as the Wildcats are getting spanked 35-3 and it is not even the 2nd half yet.
Makes ya feel bad for Colorado next week...surprising blowout but I like that compared to a last second loss like Stanford.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:28 AM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Makes ya feel bad for Colorado next week...surprising blowout but I like that compared to a last second loss like Stanford.
Yea that was a heartbreaker but usually seeing ASU lose helps with that kind of stuff. Just like how they are losing to Oregon State right now.

Old
11-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

24-14 Green Bay in the 3rd quarter

Old
11-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

And after another pathetic performace by the Cards, they are competing for the 1st overall.

Old
11-09-2012, 05:30 PM
awfulwaffle

Matt Scott doubtful against Colorado this week. I feel bad for the kid, but the ASU fan in me wants the NCAA to look into this whole situation. Kid has been having a good year, and now they might not even make a bowl game. I'm not saying he could have turned around last week, by any means, but Colorado is a team that UofA should beat, but I don't know how good their backup QB is.

Old
11-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Even with a healthy Matt Scott the Wildcats has 2 major issues since Rich Rod took over the squad.

1. Rich Rod is anti-defense as shown throughout his coaching career. Hell, this is the same Wildcats team that almost lost to Toledo in the 1st game.
2. Rich Rod's treatment of players comes into question with regards to Scott and from his coaching days at Michigan and West Virginia.

Unless these 2 things improve quickly I fear the Wildcats Football program is going to take a much bigger hit and be much harder to recover from than what we saw with John Macovic in control.

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 11-09-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old
11-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Oh good more USC-Scott conspiracy posts. Never mind him being cleared on the Sunday and Monday before last Saturdays game; oh yeah, never mind he passed the Impact Test last Friday.

Any event, time to get to 6 wins this weekend!

Old
11-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Oh good more USC-Scott conspiracy posts. Never mind him being cleared on the Sunday and Monday before last Saturdays game; oh yeah, never mind he passed the Impact Test last Friday.

I wasn't making such a post but rather looking in the big picture. I'll root for the Wildcats no matter what but I know I'm not the only one that has issues with Rich Rod.

Old
11-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Quote:
I wasn't making such a post but rather looking in the big picture. I'll root for the Wildcats no matter what but I know I'm not the only one that has issues with Rich Rod.
Yes, he had the hammer dropped on him for excessive practice time at Michigan. And a few defensive players here quit during the summer. But the players in the system love it and its one heck of a team.

Here is also a story on why Arizona has such a thin defensive team:

http://tucsoncitizen.com/wildcatrepo...what-happened/

Old
11-09-2012, 06:26 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:

So you agree that they left him in, without looking at him, after he was throwing up on the field, then only after they looked at him after the td drive, was he taken out of the game?

Old
11-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
So you agree that they left him in, without looking at him, after he was throwing up on the field, then only after they looked at him after the td drive, was he taken out of the game?
Nope, I already linked you to the events. Two timeouts and a dart of a TD throw later they were going to run the clock out and kept him out. All tests were passed and he fully practiced the next day. They were extra cautious if anything. ASU should worry more about deflated balls and finding magical cash to put a dome on SDS.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Yes, he had the hammer dropped on him for excessive practice time at Michigan. And a few defensive players here quit during the summer. But the players in the system love it and its one heck of a team.

Here is also a story on why Arizona has such a thin defensive team:

http://tucsoncitizen.com/wildcatrepo...what-happened/
Its a great article as it pertains to what Rich Rod is dealing with at Arizona but doesn't explain into detail about his past. Yes, Rich Rod did fall 1 game short of the national title game in his last season with West Virginia but he only got that far as a result the the circus going on in the so called "year of the upset". No way Rich Rod would even get as far as he did if the teams that are expected to do well did do well, especially with reguards to strength of schedule.

Right now the bar is high at Arizona seeing we fell 1 game shy of making to a BCS game under Stoops(who needed to go)and right now I don't have any faith in Rich Rod given his history. He is going to have to make me and others a believer that he can get the team to a BCS title game if not the national title game by getting to a BCS title game.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:09 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
ASU should worry more about deflated balls and finding magical cash to put a dome on SDS.
What does this have to do with anything in this thread?

Old
11-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
What does this have to do with anything in this thread?
Because ASU plays USC this week and is suffering from a funding issue for renovations that they promised.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Quote:
Right now the bar is high at Arizona seeing we fell 1 game shy of making to a BCS game under Stoops(who needed to go)and right now I don't have any faith in Rich Rod given his history. He is going to have to make me and others a believer that he can get the team to a BCS title game if not the national title game by getting to a BCS title game.
Ah see my bar is much lower until year three when this class can show what its made of and the North Endzone project is complete. I believe they can compete for a Rose Bowl then but unless its a fluke year or Oregon loses its backer I dont see many other PAC teams winning it for a while. I just love the bowl games and going to them so a constant winner is all I ask.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:31 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Because ASU plays USC this week and is suffering from a funding issue for renovations that they promised.
Yeah, we play USC, and we should lose.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Yeah, we play USC, and we should lose.
I am not sure about that, ball gate combined with a deflating loss to Oregon could mean trouble for Barkley.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Ah see my bar is much lower until year three when this class can show what its made of and the North Endzone project is complete. I believe they can compete for a Rose Bowl then but unless its a fluke year or Oregon loses its backer I dont see many other PAC teams winning it for a while. I just love the bowl games and going to them so a constant winner is all I ask.
I like seeing the team heading to the bowl games as well and having a winning record too. But there is no doubt that the stakes are high. Granted, this is Rich Rod's 1st season and it will take time to be among the best, if the right moves are made. It would just be nice to have that confidence though in him. This will be no doubt a make or break for Rich Rod in his coaching career for future work in the NCAA or the NFL for that matter so the stakes are very high for him as well.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:44 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
I am not sure about that, ball gate combined with a deflating loss to Oregon could mean trouble for Barkley.
Their passing game will tear up the ASU defense as long as they can get protection against Sutton and company up front. Their secondary has been getting lit up for the big plays.

Old
11-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

21-17 USC in the 3rd qtr vs ASU.

Old
11-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

28 17 usc

Old
11-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

USC beats ASU

Alabama loser to Texas Tech as the race for the National Title game just became more interesting.

Old
11-10-2012, 08:28 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Caught the end of the Jacks OT loss. Gotta win next week for a playoff bid.

Old
11-10-2012, 08:40 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

I thought Arizona was playing tonight?? Looks like they beat Colorado 56-31 which would seal our bowl birth.

Old
11-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Quote:
I thought Arizona was playing tonight?? Looks like they beat Colorado 56-31 which would seal our bowl birth.
Ha yeah, early start at 1130 and carey was 41 yards away from the NCAA record. Finished with 366 and five TDs I think. Denker had 3 TDs. Now to break the colorado curse and not lose next week as every other team has.

Closed Thread