HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General OT Thread #23: It's Not Even Fehr

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-08-2012, 10:30 PM
  #401
Dee Oh Cee
Registered User
 
Dee Oh Cee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Farmington
Country: United States
Posts: 6,393
vCash: 500
holy ****. busy is right.

Dee Oh Cee is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 10:36 PM
  #402
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,404
vCash: 50
Queer Duck, the movie....I'm gonna have to see if that's on Netflix.

rynryn is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 10:41 PM
  #403
Dee Oh Cee
Registered User
 
Dee Oh Cee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Farmington
Country: United States
Posts: 6,393
vCash: 500
That's gotta be the most incredible IMDB page in existence.

Dee Oh Cee is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 11:48 PM
  #404
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat
 
llamapalooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,259
vCash: 500
The Onion gets lockout coverage right.

llamapalooza is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 02:33 AM
  #405
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,348
vCash: 500
I got bored at work:




thestonedkoala is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 04:25 AM
  #406
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The ANGRY DOME
Country: United States
Posts: 31,567
vCash: 50
So if Hamill and Ford are looking at reprising their roles for this new trilogy, that seems to suggest that it could be set after the present "Fate of the Jedi" book series that just recently got finished, as far as the timeline goes?

That would be unbelievably good news as far as keeping the EU intact.

Also I have not read any of Fate of the Jedi yet... waiting until all books are out in paperback before I start buying them....so... mid february it looks like according to wookiepedia.

And in the past Ford has been staunchly against reprising his role as Han Solo. This abrubt about-face would seem to suggest the reason he did not want to reprise it was because he didn't like the way Lucas ran that show.

Also, if Disney wants to completely re-make episodes 1-3 with actual sets and classic special effects instead of CGI everything, I would not be opposed.

One of the things that makes the prequels so bad is the acting. And one of the things that made the acting so bad was the way the film was shot and written. There were almost no actual sets! Most of it was all filmed in front of a green screen, so that made it extremely difficult for the actors to get immersed in things. Also Lucas' dialog is terrible, so what the hell were the actors supposed to do with it? I personally believe there is a decent story to be told there, it's just that Lucas sucks at telling it.

Avder is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 06:55 AM
  #407
FUBAR McDangles
Registered User
 
FUBAR McDangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 6,834
vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
So if Hamill and Ford are looking at reprising their roles for this new trilogy, that seems to suggest that it could be set after the present "Fate of the Jedi" book series that just recently got finished, as far as the timeline goes?

That would be unbelievably good news as far as keeping the EU intact.

Also I have not read any of Fate of the Jedi yet... waiting until all books are out in paperback before I start buying them....so... mid february it looks like according to wookiepedia.

And in the past Ford has been staunchly against reprising his role as Han Solo. This abrubt about-face would seem to suggest the reason he did not want to reprise it was because he didn't like the way Lucas ran that show.

Also, if Disney wants to completely re-make episodes 1-3 with actual sets and classic special effects instead of CGI everything, I would not be opposed.

One of the things that makes the prequels so bad is the acting. And one of the things that made the acting so bad was the way the film was shot and written. There were almost no actual sets! Most of it was all filmed in front of a green screen, so that made it extremely difficult for the actors to get immersed in things. Also Lucas' dialog is terrible, so what the hell were the actors supposed to do with it? I personally believe there is a decent story to be told there, it's just that Lucas sucks at telling it.
To be quite honest, I highly doubt they're going to consider the EU at all. It will be, more than likely, completely destroyed and forgotten. Like I speculated before, I could see them looking at certain parts for inspiration, maybe some storylines(Jaina and Jacen's birth), some characters(Thrawn) and so on and coalesce them all into one story that makes mostly sense, but I doubt they follow the books 100%. Or even 50%.

And Fate of the Jedi is nothing to write home about. I have the first book and read it when it came out, and it was booooooooooring. Nothing happened. The entire book. And a few weeks back I read the entire series' plot summary on wookiepedia, and it really isn't all that great. Repetitive nonsense for most of it, it seems like. But hey, I could be wrong. Check 'em out.

FUBAR McDangles is online now  
Old
11-09-2012, 09:16 AM
  #408
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots
 
bozak911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Yeah, I had to force myself to slog through the Fate series, while I was actually pleasantly entertained by Legacy.

The whole Abeloth thing in Fate was forced... and that was the entire series.

bozak911 is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 09:29 AM
  #409
Sharppi
Nothing to see here
 
Sharppi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,747
vCash: 500
Watching Walking Dead Season 2 currently, this is quite bad. Boring boring boring.

Sharppi is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:08 AM
  #410
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The ANGRY DOME
Country: United States
Posts: 31,567
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
To be quite honest, I highly doubt they're going to consider the EU at all. It will be, more than likely, completely destroyed and forgotten. Like I speculated before, I could see them looking at certain parts for inspiration, maybe some storylines(Jaina and Jacen's birth), some characters(Thrawn) and so on and coalesce them all into one story that makes mostly sense, but I doubt they follow the books 100%. Or even 50%.

And Fate of the Jedi is nothing to write home about. I have the first book and read it when it came out, and it was booooooooooring. Nothing happened. The entire book. And a few weeks back I read the entire series' plot summary on wookiepedia, and it really isn't all that great. Repetitive nonsense for most of it, it seems like. But hey, I could be wrong. Check 'em out.
Well if the treatment they are looking at was written by someone who is a fan of the series as a whole, and not just the movies, the EU could indeed remain intact, and this is what I am hoping for.

Avder is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:20 AM
  #411
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,657
vCash: 500
Took a four-day weekend.

And possibly getting an iPhone today, because my parents are awesome.


Jarick is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 12:02 PM
  #412
W75
Wegistewed Usew
 
W75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,516
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Took a four-day weekend.

And possibly getting an iPhone today, because my parents are awesome.

Mee too!! I mean 4-day-wkd, not any phones

Btw, does anyone have any movie suggestions? I've got a free evening here. Wife's somewhere partying, kids went to my mother-in-law overnight. Only, that I've got to wake up early tomorrow morning, our boy has a floorball tournament..

Nothing too new, nothing too old, because I've got this video on demand ....thing. A couple of beers and a good movie maybe?

W75 is online now  
Old
11-09-2012, 12:30 PM
  #413
BuddyMcCormick
Registered User
 
BuddyMcCormick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,907
vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi75 View Post
Mee too!! I mean 4-day-wkd, not any phones

Btw, does anyone have any movie suggestions? I've got a free evening here. Wife's somewhere partying, kids went to my mother-in-law overnight. Only, that I've got to wake up early tomorrow morning, our boy has a floorball tournament..

Nothing too new, nothing too old, because I've got this video on demand ....thing. A couple of beers and a good movie maybe?
Sunshine. Underrated movie. Very good.

BuddyMcCormick is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 12:46 PM
  #414
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots
 
bozak911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
If you see it, give "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" a stream.

Granted, it isn't a happy, cheery movie in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM, but if you want to see Jim Carrey at his dramatic finest, while being somewhat funny...

It is a DARK movie.

Simply; It is a story about learning how great things are that you have, but only through complete loss. (not death, memory wipes)

Could be just who I am, but that movie resonates with me. Every time I start feeling a bit down about life, something triggers in my head to give that movie a watch. Suddenly, my life is fully appreciated again.

/shrug

bozak911 is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 01:02 PM
  #415
W75
Wegistewed Usew
 
W75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,516
vCash: 50
Thanks guys, but couldn't find neither of them. I'm going domestic now, Le Havre. Let's see... It's a long time when I've seen an Aki Kaurismäki film last time.

E: I've seen "..spotless mind" partially. But it was a glimpse only, don't remember much. Got to watch the whole movie some day. Another dark but beautiful film is "There Will Be Blood". It's my counter-recommendation...


Last edited by W75: 11-09-2012 at 01:09 PM.
W75 is online now  
Old
11-09-2012, 01:28 PM
  #416
W75
Wegistewed Usew
 
W75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,516
vCash: 50
Darn, couldn't watch. It wasn't a Kaurismäki mood tonight.. ..needs a certain state of mind to enjoy it. Something else, something lighter tonight.

W75 is online now  
Old
11-09-2012, 02:50 PM
  #417
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 500
LMFAO I'm watching family guy where Stewie creates evil Stewie.... LMFAO

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 05:04 PM
  #418
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 8,098
vCash: 500
Did someone say Jim Carey?


tomgilbertfan is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 05:20 PM
  #419
Generic User
Dynamic as they come
 
Generic User's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 6,686
vCash: 500
I really like Eternal Sunshine.

On another Jim Carrey-related note, I finally muscled up the courage to watch the unrated version of Dumb & Dumber. I am so glad they axed the crap they did for the final cut. The scene in the heart-shaped tub is much more drawn out and, well, creepy. Portrays Lloyd in a different light.

Generic User is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 09:44 PM
  #420
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500

squidz* is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:10 PM
  #421
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,335
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
I really like Eternal Sunshine.

On another Jim Carrey-related note, I finally muscled up the courage to watch the unrated version of Dumb & Dumber. I am so glad they axed the crap they did for the final cut. The scene in the heart-shaped tub is much more drawn out and, well, creepy. Portrays Lloyd in a different light.
Love when he's listening through the wall to listen to that couple gettin' it on.

Billy Mays Here is online now  
Old
11-09-2012, 11:16 PM
  #422
MSPGabe
Born & Bred In Maine
 
MSPGabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 1,942
vCash: 500
Hey all!

I'll be officially a Minnesota resident at approximately 6PM local time tomorrow! Gonna take me a bit to get settled, but the moves does happen tomorrow.

MSPGabe is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 11:20 PM
  #423
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,404
vCash: 50
Welcome! Supposed to be warm and drizzle-y. Rain always sucks for moving. sorry about that.

rynryn is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 12:42 AM
  #424
Minnesota
Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord
 
Minnesota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 15,205
vCash: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
Welcome! Supposed to be warm and drizzle-y. Rain always sucks for moving. sorry about that.
Mmm... Just how daddy likes.

Minnesota is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 12:56 PM
  #425
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,335
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Mmm... Just how daddy likes.
You took it too far man, too far.

Billy Mays Here is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.