Dee Oh Cee

vCash: 500
holy ****. busy is right.

Old
11-08-2012, 10:36 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Queer Duck, the movie....I'm gonna have to see if that's on Netflix.

Old
11-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Dee Oh Cee

That's gotta be the most incredible IMDB page in existence.

Old
11-08-2012, 11:48 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

The Onion gets lockout coverage right.

Old
11-09-2012, 02:33 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

I got bored at work:

Old
11-09-2012, 04:25 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

So if Hamill and Ford are looking at reprising their roles for this new trilogy, that seems to suggest that it could be set after the present "Fate of the Jedi" book series that just recently got finished, as far as the timeline goes?

That would be unbelievably good news as far as keeping the EU intact.

Also I have not read any of Fate of the Jedi yet... waiting until all books are out in paperback before I start buying them....so... mid february it looks like according to wookiepedia.

And in the past Ford has been staunchly against reprising his role as Han Solo. This abrubt about-face would seem to suggest the reason he did not want to reprise it was because he didn't like the way Lucas ran that show.

Also, if Disney wants to completely re-make episodes 1-3 with actual sets and classic special effects instead of CGI everything, I would not be opposed.

One of the things that makes the prequels so bad is the acting. And one of the things that made the acting so bad was the way the film was shot and written. There were almost no actual sets! Most of it was all filmed in front of a green screen, so that made it extremely difficult for the actors to get immersed in things. Also Lucas' dialog is terrible, so what the hell were the actors supposed to do with it? I personally believe there is a decent story to be told there, it's just that Lucas sucks at telling it.

Old
11-09-2012, 06:55 AM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
So if Hamill and Ford are looking at reprising their roles for this new trilogy, that seems to suggest that it could be set after the present "Fate of the Jedi" book series that just recently got finished, as far as the timeline goes?

That would be unbelievably good news as far as keeping the EU intact.

Also I have not read any of Fate of the Jedi yet... waiting until all books are out in paperback before I start buying them....so... mid february it looks like according to wookiepedia.

And in the past Ford has been staunchly against reprising his role as Han Solo. This abrubt about-face would seem to suggest the reason he did not want to reprise it was because he didn't like the way Lucas ran that show.

Also, if Disney wants to completely re-make episodes 1-3 with actual sets and classic special effects instead of CGI everything, I would not be opposed.

One of the things that makes the prequels so bad is the acting. And one of the things that made the acting so bad was the way the film was shot and written. There were almost no actual sets! Most of it was all filmed in front of a green screen, so that made it extremely difficult for the actors to get immersed in things. Also Lucas' dialog is terrible, so what the hell were the actors supposed to do with it? I personally believe there is a decent story to be told there, it's just that Lucas sucks at telling it.
To be quite honest, I highly doubt they're going to consider the EU at all. It will be, more than likely, completely destroyed and forgotten. Like I speculated before, I could see them looking at certain parts for inspiration, maybe some storylines(Jaina and Jacen's birth), some characters(Thrawn) and so on and coalesce them all into one story that makes mostly sense, but I doubt they follow the books 100%. Or even 50%.

And Fate of the Jedi is nothing to write home about. I have the first book and read it when it came out, and it was booooooooooring. Nothing happened. The entire book. And a few weeks back I read the entire series' plot summary on wookiepedia, and it really isn't all that great. Repetitive nonsense for most of it, it seems like. But hey, I could be wrong. Check 'em out.

Old
11-09-2012, 09:16 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Yeah, I had to force myself to slog through the Fate series, while I was actually pleasantly entertained by Legacy.

The whole Abeloth thing in Fate was forced... and that was the entire series.

Old
11-09-2012, 09:29 AM
Sharppi
Nothing to see here

Watching Walking Dead Season 2 currently, this is quite bad. Boring boring boring.

Old
11-09-2012, 10:08 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
To be quite honest, I highly doubt they're going to consider the EU at all. It will be, more than likely, completely destroyed and forgotten. Like I speculated before, I could see them looking at certain parts for inspiration, maybe some storylines(Jaina and Jacen's birth), some characters(Thrawn) and so on and coalesce them all into one story that makes mostly sense, but I doubt they follow the books 100%. Or even 50%.

And Fate of the Jedi is nothing to write home about. I have the first book and read it when it came out, and it was booooooooooring. Nothing happened. The entire book. And a few weeks back I read the entire series' plot summary on wookiepedia, and it really isn't all that great. Repetitive nonsense for most of it, it seems like. But hey, I could be wrong. Check 'em out.
Well if the treatment they are looking at was written by someone who is a fan of the series as a whole, and not just the movies, the EU could indeed remain intact, and this is what I am hoping for.

Old
11-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Took a four-day weekend.

And possibly getting an iPhone today, because my parents are awesome.

Old
11-09-2012, 12:02 PM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Took a four-day weekend.

And possibly getting an iPhone today, because my parents are awesome.

Mee too!! I mean 4-day-wkd, not any phones

Btw, does anyone have any movie suggestions? I've got a free evening here. Wife's somewhere partying, kids went to my mother-in-law overnight. Only, that I've got to wake up early tomorrow morning, our boy has a floorball tournament..

Nothing too new, nothing too old, because I've got this video on demand ....thing. A couple of beers and a good movie maybe?

Old
11-09-2012, 12:30 PM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi75 View Post
Mee too!! I mean 4-day-wkd, not any phones

Btw, does anyone have any movie suggestions? I've got a free evening here. Wife's somewhere partying, kids went to my mother-in-law overnight. Only, that I've got to wake up early tomorrow morning, our boy has a floorball tournament..

Nothing too new, nothing too old, because I've got this video on demand ....thing. A couple of beers and a good movie maybe?
Sunshine. Underrated movie. Very good.

Old
11-09-2012, 12:46 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

If you see it, give "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" a stream.

Granted, it isn't a happy, cheery movie in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM, but if you want to see Jim Carrey at his dramatic finest, while being somewhat funny...

It is a DARK movie.

Simply; It is a story about learning how great things are that you have, but only through complete loss. (not death, memory wipes)

Could be just who I am, but that movie resonates with me. Every time I start feeling a bit down about life, something triggers in my head to give that movie a watch. Suddenly, my life is fully appreciated again.

/shrug

Old
11-09-2012, 01:02 PM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

Thanks guys, but couldn't find neither of them. I'm going domestic now, Le Havre. Let's see... It's a long time when I've seen an Aki Kaurismäki film last time.

E: I've seen "..spotless mind" partially. But it was a glimpse only, don't remember much. Got to watch the whole movie some day. Another dark but beautiful film is "There Will Be Blood". It's my counter-recommendation...

Last edited by W75: 11-09-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old
11-09-2012, 01:28 PM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

Darn, couldn't watch. It wasn't a Kaurismäki mood tonight.. ..needs a certain state of mind to enjoy it. Something else, something lighter tonight.

Old
11-09-2012, 02:50 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

LMFAO I'm watching family guy where Stewie creates evil Stewie.... LMFAO

Old
11-09-2012, 05:04 PM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

Did someone say Jim Carey?

Old
11-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

I really like Eternal Sunshine.

On another Jim Carrey-related note, I finally muscled up the courage to watch the unrated version of Dumb & Dumber. I am so glad they axed the crap they did for the final cut. The scene in the heart-shaped tub is much more drawn out and, well, creepy. Portrays Lloyd in a different light.

Old
11-09-2012, 09:44 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Old
11-09-2012, 10:10 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
I really like Eternal Sunshine.

On another Jim Carrey-related note, I finally muscled up the courage to watch the unrated version of Dumb & Dumber. I am so glad they axed the crap they did for the final cut. The scene in the heart-shaped tub is much more drawn out and, well, creepy. Portrays Lloyd in a different light.
Love when he's listening through the wall to listen to that couple gettin' it on.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:16 PM
MSPGabe
Born & Bred In Maine

Hey all!

I'll be officially a Minnesota resident at approximately 6PM local time tomorrow! Gonna take me a bit to get settled, but the moves does happen tomorrow.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:20 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Welcome! Supposed to be warm and drizzle-y. Rain always sucks for moving. sorry about that.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:42 AM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
Welcome! Supposed to be warm and drizzle-y. Rain always sucks for moving. sorry about that.
Mmm... Just how daddy likes.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Mmm... Just how daddy likes.
You took it too far man, too far.

Closed Thread