HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Belleville Bulls 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-04-2012, 05:42 PM
  #426
JSavoire
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianA View Post
All this talent and the only reason and I repeat only reason they have a couple more wins than losses is Malcolm.They need to stop trapping after getting a lead.It is a waste of talent and if Malcom or Charlie are not perfect they lose anyway. if you really like boring over losing then go watch chess.
I don't know where to begin...you dress 7 D and then put DeSousa out twice the entire game?? I might've bent over to pick up something from the floor and missed a 3rd shift. As a result of 7 D only 11 Forwards get dressed and Heffernan gets a few shifts in the first, maybe one or two in the second and I don't recall any in the 3rd at all. Ditto with Berisha who seen a couple more shifts but the same thing. M. Cram. was outright scratched for the game but he still had almost the same amount of ice as the above 3. I'm not sure why continually dressing players and then absolutely not utilizing them in even the most trivial role would be considered development? And then expecting anyone who gets scratched every other game, doesn't play in the games they actually dress for to boot and where they might then be expected to somehow contribute in a game should the older players get injured/suspended be expected to have jump or experience to be useful? Fortunately Charlie dressed for ONE game cause these are the only scenarios he'll ever get to dress short of an injury to Malcolm. Coming out with 1 Loss, 1 overtime Loss and one Shootout win isn't gonna cut it as 500 or less hockey the last little while is sinking the ship. Bulls have dropped to 5th in the Conference at this point.

JSavoire is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 06:17 PM
  #427
Scimitars of Drizzt
Morik The Rogue
 
Scimitars of Drizzt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
McDavid is absolutely phenomenal, everything people have said about him is true. I can see based upon last night though he is getting frustrated with losing night in and night out and I cant blame him. Erie needs to do something quick to turn this season around, I know they wont be competing for the title this year but it would be nice to get into the playoffs. Imagine how bad this team would be if McDavid wants out after this season.
Yes, so I've heard, makes me want to watch him play even more. And yeah, like you said can't blame the guy. Not watching Erie at all this season, I don't really know what they'd need to improve on. I see goaltending has been pretty lousy, I really thought Dansk would be playing better at this point. Maybe Dansk is just struggling and once he finds his game Erie will start picking up the wins.

Scimitars of Drizzt is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 06:24 PM
  #428
Royal Canuck
#Shinkaruk4Calder
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,689
vCash: 50
How has Gaunce and the Subbans been so far this season?

__________________

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"Everybody says be a good loser; I think if you're a good loser, you're a loser. " - John Tortorella
Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 06:31 PM
  #429
massey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimitars of Drizzt View Post
Yeah, don't expect too much from Carnevale. He's a good skater and hustles, but he just doesn't have that offensive punch. I guess if Sarnia gives him the ice time and right linemates he could progress to becoming a better offensive player.
Update on Alex Carnavale,playing 3rd line with a fair bit of ice time,Exc fast skater,throwing his weight around pretty good,made some nice plays so far,hasnt hurt the team at all.every game looking that much better.Looks like the icetime is helping.

massey is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 09:46 PM
  #430
JSavoire
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
Update on Alex Carnavale,playing 3rd line with a fair bit of ice time,Exc fast skater,throwing his weight around pretty good,made some nice plays so far,hasnt hurt the team at all.every game looking that much better.Looks like the icetime is helping.
Let's not forget the most important thing in that Carnie already has a couple of points which is something he couldn't do in Bulls land so YES, playing any sort of role with some minutes is huge. I'll never forget watching this kid get a couple of shifts last year in a game where the Bulls got down a few goals and sat the second half of the entire game. TOI = < 1:30. I also noticed that Lemmon scored the other day as well. Kudos to those guys, you always wanna see everyone succeed.

JSavoire is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 11:37 PM
  #431
Scimitars of Drizzt
Morik The Rogue
 
Scimitars of Drizzt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
How has Gaunce and the Subbans been so far this season?
The Subban's are both looking great. Jordan is turning out to look more like P.K. each and every night out. You can definitely tell his game is getting better; his skating is great (looks almost identical to P.K. other than being smaller) he makes smart passes and his stick handling is great. His forchecking has also improved a whole lot, he's been getting busier along the boards; he's not going to throw that bone-crushing hit but he's not afraid to get right in there and use his body. His slap-shot is also evolving to look more like P.K.s, looks almost identical just not as much power. His numbers are really starting to show for his better play too, as he leads the team in points (14 in 15 games)

Malcolm is also playing exceptionally great hockey. He's pretty much the only reason why the Bulls are doing as good as they are. Can't really complain about anything in his game, he is a pretty well-balanced goalie, and I can tell you that he has great vision and rebound control.

And unfortunately for Gaunce, he's sidelined for 3-6 weeks. Before that though he was looking pretty good. I don't think he was playing his best hockey, but he was still producing (9 points in 11 games before his injury.)

Gaunce's injury definitely puts a toll on the Bull's offense, but they still have some guys in the lineup who can put the puck in the net. Zharkov is an underrated prospect and I can see him really start to explode in the next few weeks. He's a natural, pure, goal scorer. With Gaunce's absence he is undoubtedly the best scorer on their team. If Sandlak and Brassard can pick up their game (they are better then they are performing) and if Zharkov continues to do well, it only looks better for the Bulls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
Update on Alex Carnavale,playing 3rd line with a fair bit of ice time,Exc fast skater,throwing his weight around pretty good,made some nice plays so far,hasnt hurt the team at all.every game looking that much better.Looks like the icetime is helping.
Good to hear he's playing well, and no doubt the extended ice time has helped in his game. And I wasn't expecting him to hurt the team, just don't see him as the type of player to explode offensively. But it's great to hear he's been playing well and making smart plays. To his credit, and like what others have said, he didn't really have that chance in Belleville due to the limited ice time. But I can't really blame the Bulls, they had a lot of depth before dealing Lemmon and Carnevale. It was probably best for both the Bulls and for Mack and Alex. Mutually beneficial.

Scimitars of Drizzt is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 08:58 AM
  #432
Renegader
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimitars of Drizzt View Post
If it doesn't satisfy some fans then oh well.

I'm not worried about the powerplay I think they do well and it'll only get better for them as the season rolls on. They have the verve.
To your first point. If it doesn't satisfy some fans, then the team won't stay in Belleville. Attendance has been horrible so far this year. Having an exciting hockey team brings fans in. The Bulls are anything but exciting. I'm like you, a season ticket holder that will go to any game and enjoy it. But what about the rest of the city and surrounding area? There has to be a draw to bring people to the game. Playing a boring trap style game that produces 2.5 goals per game is not going to do it. Part of it is that the game day experience is awful (thank you for cutting everything Mr. Simmonds) but the other part is having a team that plays a really boring non exciting brand of hockey. This is Jr. hockey for crying out loud. It should be exciting for the fans and the kids playing the game.

To your second point about the powerplay. It's just dreadful. Worse than dreadful. 0-5 again yesterday against Windsor. You have the best junior age goaltender in Canada and he's being wasted with a team that can't score. Changes need to be made if Belleville is expected to be a contender this year. If you can't score... you can't win!

Renegader is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 05:36 PM
  #433
Scimitars of Drizzt
Morik The Rogue
 
Scimitars of Drizzt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegader View Post
To your first point. If it doesn't satisfy some fans, then the team won't stay in Belleville. Attendance has been horrible so far this year. Having an exciting hockey team brings fans in. The Bulls are anything but exciting. I'm like you, a season ticket holder that will go to any game and enjoy it. But what about the rest of the city and surrounding area? There has to be a draw to bring people to the game. Playing a boring trap style game that produces 2.5 goals per game is not going to do it. Part of it is that the game day experience is awful (thank you for cutting everything Mr. Simmonds) but the other part is having a team that plays a really boring non exciting brand of hockey. This is Jr. hockey for crying out loud. It should be exciting for the fans and the kids playing the game.

To your second point about the powerplay. It's just dreadful. Worse than dreadful. 0-5 again yesterday against Windsor. You have the best junior age goaltender in Canada and he's being wasted with a team that can't score. Changes need to be made if Belleville is expected to be a contender this year. If you can't score... you can't win!
Lol, it sucks that you feel this way because I disagree. If you really believe that the low attendance this year is because the first 15 games of the season are low scoring, then I truly feel bad. It's not because they aren't scoring 1 or 2 more goals. There's a lot more to hockey than goals.

I can't believe you're trying to say it's no longer "exciting" because there isn't 1 or 2 more goals a game. And that's literally what we're talking about, 1 or 2 goals. It's damn exciting watching them play every game (I guess only a true Bulls fan feels this way) and if you don't feel that way too, then too bad for you man.

You would think other Bulls fans would think positively, but you're extremely dedicated to pointing out the negatives.

I'm not worried about scoring, powerplay, or anything like that. Sucks that you are though, it really does man.


Hey, I got an idea, maybe you could move to Oshawa? Looking at the standings, I see they have 68 goals, maybe that style of play would suit you more.

Scimitars of Drizzt is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 07:50 AM
  #434
Renegader
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimitars of Drizzt View Post
Lol, it sucks that you feel this way because I disagree. If you really believe that the low attendance this year is because the first 15 games of the season are low scoring, then I truly feel bad. It's not because they aren't scoring 1 or 2 more goals. There's a lot more to hockey than goals.

I can't believe you're trying to say it's no longer "exciting" because there isn't 1 or 2 more goals a game. And that's literally what we're talking about, 1 or 2 goals. It's damn exciting watching them play every game (I guess only a true Bulls fan feels this way) and if you don't feel that way too, then too bad for you man.

You would think other Bulls fans would think positively, but you're extremely dedicated to pointing out the negatives.

I'm not worried about scoring, powerplay, or anything like that. Sucks that you are though, it really does man.


Hey, I got an idea, maybe you could move to Oshawa? Looking at the standings, I see they have 68 goals, maybe that style of play would suit you more.
First off, I never said low attendance was based solely on this year. It's been a combination of bad hockey for the past 3 years and, to an extent, this year. Perhaps you should read my post first before responding in such a negative light. I also said, I go to every game and I also watch the away games. I'm a dedicated fan just like you and I will support them and enjoy them regardless.

What I was saying was that the casual fan will only look at other things. The casual fan base is what has been declining in Belleville thanks to the poor game day experience, and dreadful teams of the past 3 years. You and I will keep going regardless of how the team performs, but we're only half of what a team needs to succeed. The casual fan base is the other half.

If you're not worried about scoring, powerplay or anything like that, how can you actually be a "true fan"? A true fan looks at all aspects of their team and discusses in a civilized way with other fans the strengths and weaknesses of their team. This is a discussion board. Not a "The Belleville Bulls are the best at everything and #1!!!!!!" board. People are entitled to their opinions. I respect your opinion, perhaps you should respect others as well.

Renegader is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 01:05 PM
  #435
Scimitars of Drizzt
Morik The Rogue
 
Scimitars of Drizzt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegader View Post
First off, I never said low attendance was based solely on this year. It's been a combination of bad hockey for the past 3 years and, to an extent, this year. Perhaps you should read my post first before responding in such a negative light. I also said, I go to every game and I also watch the away games. I'm a dedicated fan just like you and I will support them and enjoy them regardless.

What I was saying was that the casual fan will only look at other things. The casual fan base is what has been declining in Belleville thanks to the poor game day experience, and dreadful teams of the past 3 years. You and I will keep going regardless of how the team performs, but we're only half of what a team needs to succeed. The casual fan base is the other half.

If you're not worried about scoring, powerplay or anything like that, how can you actually be a "true fan"? A true fan looks at all aspects of their team and discusses in a civilized way with other fans the strengths and weaknesses of their team. This is a discussion board. Not a "The Belleville Bulls are the best at everything and #1!!!!!!" board. People are entitled to their opinions. I respect your opinion, perhaps you should respect others as well.
You never said low attendance is based solely on this year. Yeah. you're right. But you also never said it was because of bad hockey over a combination of 3 years (which I disagree with by the way). I can't just assume that is what you meant, but I can assume it was because of the first 15 games this year because that is all you have been complaining about. And it's not a negative light, it's my opinion, like you have yours.

And for you to even question me being a true fan honestly made me laugh. Obviously they haven't been scoring much this year, I understand that. It doesn't mean, as a true fan, I should start complaining and calling them "awful" and saying they play a "boring trap style game", like you are trying to say. Instead, I would rather look at the positives and mention the good scorers they still have, and how these good scorers are just simply under performing at this point. And how I think they still have a solid power play, obviously it could be better, but I don't think it's as terrible as you're saying.

It's honestly just as simple as you being the type of fan who notices all the negatives (some are negatives, some are not) and me being the type of fan who notices all the positives. I respect your opinion, I just simply didn't agree with what you were saying. I feel as if I'm arguing with a fan from a different OHL club, not another "Bulls fan". Sure they're not perfect, but try focusing on the positives man. You're making them sound a lot worse than they actually are.

Scimitars of Drizzt is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 01:51 PM
  #436
Renegader
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimitars of Drizzt View Post
You never said low attendance is based solely on this year. Yeah. you're right. But you also never said it was because of bad hockey over a combination of 3 years (which I disagree with by the way). I can't just assume that is what you meant, but I can assume it was because of the first 15 games this year because that is all you have been complaining about. And it's not a negative light, it's my opinion, like you have yours.

And for you to even question me being a true fan honestly made me laugh. Obviously they haven't been scoring much this year, I understand that. It doesn't mean, as a true fan, I should start complaining and calling them "awful" and saying they play a "boring trap style game", like you are trying to say. Instead, I would rather look at the positives and mention the good scorers they still have, and how these good scorers are just simply under performing at this point. And how I think they still have a solid power play, obviously it could be better, but I don't think it's as terrible as you're saying.

It's honestly just as simple as you being the type of fan who notices all the negatives (some are negatives, some are not) and me being the type of fan who notices all the positives. I respect your opinion, I just simply didn't agree with what you were saying. I feel as if I'm arguing with a fan from a different OHL club, not another "Bulls fan". Sure they're not perfect, but try focusing on the positives man. You're making them sound a lot worse than they actually are.
In this thread I have focused on the positives. Subban is the best goalie in Junior hockey right now. I've said that on a number of occasions. I've always liked what George has done with the penalty kill. It's always top 3-5 regardless of which team he has. This team, on paper, has the ability to go very far in the playoffs.

Focusing on the positives is easy to do, but not looking at the negatives (or simply ignoring them), won't make the team better. If that makes me a negative fan, then so be it. I'm sure George and his coaching staff are constantly practicing to make their weaknesses better (i.e., powerplay, getting pucks to the net, scoring).

Again, I'm not arguing with you about us season ticket holders. We will be there through thick and thin. The casual fan base however, cannot be neglected as it has been for the last little while.

Renegader is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 02:27 PM
  #437
Scimitars of Drizzt
Morik The Rogue
 
Scimitars of Drizzt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegader View Post
In this thread I have focused on the positives. Subban is the best goalie in Junior hockey right now. I've said that on a number of occasions. I've always liked what George has done with the penalty kill. It's always top 3-5 regardless of which team he has. This team, on paper, has the ability to go very far in the playoffs.

Focusing on the positives is easy to do, but not looking at the negatives (or simply ignoring them), won't make the team better. If that makes me a negative fan, then so be it. I'm sure George and his coaching staff are constantly practicing to make their weaknesses better (i.e., powerplay, getting pucks to the net, scoring).

Again, I'm not arguing with you about us season ticket holders. We will be there through thick and thin. The casual fan base however, cannot be neglected as it has been for the last little while.
Okay, I had just not seen positive posts from you, only negative. And yes, I'm sure the coaching staff is hard at work. The scoring will come from Belleville, I'm sure of it.

And at least we're still here, sucks about Brampton, I feel bad for their fan base.

Scimitars of Drizzt is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 02:41 PM
  #438
Renegader
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimitars of Drizzt View Post
Okay, I had just not seen positive posts from you, only negative. And yes, I'm sure the coaching staff is hard at work. The scoring will come from Belleville, I'm sure of it.

And at least we're still here, sucks about Brampton, I feel bad for their fan base.
We can both agree on that. While it's good that North Bay is getting their team back, it's sad to see it at the expense of another team. I wonder if they'll keep the Battalion name or go back to the Centennials...

Renegader is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 05:00 PM
  #439
Scimitars of Drizzt
Morik The Rogue
 
Scimitars of Drizzt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegader View Post
We can both agree on that. While it's good that North Bay is getting their team back, it's sad to see it at the expense of another team. I wonder if they'll keep the Battalion name or go back to the Centennials...
Hmm, yeah tough to say. I'd imagine it'd stay as Battalion, but your guess is as good as mine.

Scimitars of Drizzt is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 01:13 AM
  #440
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,128
vCash: 50
Hey guys,

If you don't remember me from September when I came in asking about some twitter contacts, my name is Garret. I'm one of the writers for Arctic Ice Hockey (Winnipeg Jets blog at SBN). My duties lately have been following and writing up on the Jets' CHL prospects... I'm also curious because I'm a Jets' fan first, blogger way after haha!

I do watch their games but it's a different angle than you guys and I'm usually watching 2-4 games at a time.

I was wondering if you guys could give me some "fan perspective" on Austen Brassard:
*how he's doing this year
*how has he been developing
*where you see his future
*strengths
*weaknesses

Thanks a ton!!

garret9 is online now  
Old
11-07-2012, 05:12 AM
  #441
BrianA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimitars of Drizzt View Post
Lol, it sucks that you feel this way because I disagree. If you really believe that the low attendance this year is because the first 15 games of the season are low scoring, then I truly feel bad. It's not because they aren't scoring 1 or 2 more goals. There's a lot more to hockey than goals.

I can't believe you're trying to say it's no longer "exciting" because there isn't 1 or 2 more goals a game. And that's literally what we're talking about, 1 or 2 goals. It's damn exciting watching them play every game (I guess only a true Bulls fan feels this way) and if you don't feel that way too, then too bad for you man.

You would think other Bulls fans would think positively, but you're extremely dedicated to pointing out the negatives.

I'm not worried about scoring, powerplay, or anything like that. Sucks that you are though, it really does man.


Hey, I got an idea, maybe you could move to Oshawa? Looking at the standings, I see they have 68 goals, maybe that style of play would suit you more.
Pitiful,I bet your a long time Leaf fan also.Being a fan isn,t about being blindly brainwashed in to taking what ever they give you.
The talent is there for a much better team but the trap is wasting it.They have allowed the fewest goals(because of Subban and not the trap) but still are only as a team plus 2.Even Erie has scored more than the Bulls and by a large margin.

BrianA is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 06:52 AM
  #442
Renegader
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Hey guys,

If you don't remember me from September when I came in asking about some twitter contacts, my name is Garret. I'm one of the writers for Arctic Ice Hockey (Winnipeg Jets blog at SBN). My duties lately have been following and writing up on the Jets' CHL prospects... I'm also curious because I'm a Jets' fan first, blogger way after haha!

I do watch their games but it's a different angle than you guys and I'm usually watching 2-4 games at a time.

I was wondering if you guys could give me some "fan perspective" on Austen Brassard:
*how he's doing this year
*how has he been developing
*where you see his future
*strengths
*weaknesses

Thanks a ton!!
Austen I would say has been doing alright. He has the ability to take over a shift with his strong skating and intense forecheck. However, He does tend to take a few shifts off and, at times, disappears completely altogether. I figured that he would score 40 goals this year. He's not on that pace, but he still might pocket somewhere between 25-35.

Renegader is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 11:49 AM
  #443
Scimitars of Drizzt
Morik The Rogue
 
Scimitars of Drizzt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Hey guys,

If you don't remember me from September when I came in asking about some twitter contacts, my name is Garret. I'm one of the writers for Arctic Ice Hockey (Winnipeg Jets blog at SBN). My duties lately have been following and writing up on the Jets' CHL prospects... I'm also curious because I'm a Jets' fan first, blogger way after haha!

I do watch their games but it's a different angle than you guys and I'm usually watching 2-4 games at a time.

I was wondering if you guys could give me some "fan perspective" on Austen Brassard:
*how he's doing this year
*how has he been developing
*where you see his future
*strengths
*weaknesses


Thanks a ton!!
*Brassard is doing fairly well this season, although I think he can do better. He seems to have some consistency but there are those shifts (like Renegader mentioned) where he seems to stray off and disappear.
*In development, I think he's developing well; he uses his size to his advantage and isn't afraid to get physical. I've noticed a bit better play defensively too, but offensively, he could be doing better (he has the capability)
*I think he has a shot of becoming a NHL 3rd or 4th liner but it's up to him. He definitely has the capability, it's whether he wants to play his hardest or not.
*Strengths, for me, would be: Forchecking, Wrist shot, Physicality, and skating
*Weaknesses, for me, would be: Consistency and passing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianA View Post
Pitiful,I bet your a long time Leaf fan also.Being a fan isn,t about being blindly brainwashed in to taking what ever they give you.
The talent is there for a much better team but the trap is wasting it.They have allowed the fewest goals(because of Subban and not the trap) but still are only as a team plus 2.Even Erie has scored more than the Bulls and by a large margin.

I am not a Leaf fan and never was. What could that say about your judgement? And I don't have a clue of what you're rambling on about, all I was saying is that it's not all about scoring goals. Hockey can be exciting without a crap load of goals. That's what I was saying; the physicality, the fast-paced action, the scoring opportunities, that's all exciting. At least it is to me, and honestly you're the first person I've met/talked to who seems to disagree.

Man I really hate arguing with others, especially other Bulls fans. Just trying to voice some of the positives in their game, and how hockey can still be exciting without 3 or 4+ goals every game. Remember too, the time remaining. We still got 40+ games to go! Go Bulls!

Scimitars of Drizzt is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 09:50 PM
  #444
JSavoire
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 594
vCash: 500
I'm not sure how you put out Simmonds as the extra attacker in a game that you're losing when his career totals in goals amounts to 6?! Six goals for a career and he starts the first line, first Penalty Kill and 6th attacker at the end of the game? Boasting one goal on VERY good ice this year? I know many will argue that he shouldn't be on the team period but this is one even I won't put up a defensive argument to. I could understand if he were up there in team scoring and having a banner year but with that type of ice this year he should have some much bigger #'s to justify playing those minutes and in an offensive role. Team can't rely on hoping and praying Gaunce comes back in order to pop a goal. Amongst all those vets who've had opportunities to step up and take the reins I'm surprised not one has. Coaching staff have warned constantly about shaking things up and I'm sure this is going to finally be the start of that. Something has to be done as Malcolm cannot do any more than he has other than scoring from back there. Wonder where the axe falls...

JSavoire is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:29 PM
  #445
Renegader
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
I'm not sure how you put out Simmonds as the extra attacker in a game that you're losing when his career totals in goals amounts to 6?! Six goals for a career and he starts the first line, first Penalty Kill and 6th attacker at the end of the game? Boasting one goal on VERY good ice this year? I know many will argue that he shouldn't be on the team period but this is one even I won't put up a defensive argument to. I could understand if he were up there in team scoring and having a banner year but with that type of ice this year he should have some much bigger #'s to justify playing those minutes and in an offensive role. Team can't rely on hoping and praying Gaunce comes back in order to pop a goal. Amongst all those vets who've had opportunities to step up and take the reins I'm surprised not one has. Coaching staff have warned constantly about shaking things up and I'm sure this is going to finally be the start of that. Something has to be done as Malcolm cannot do any more than he has other than scoring from back there. Wonder where the axe falls...
Same old song and dance unfortunately. Subban was absolutely stellar. PK was once again rock solid. 0 goals and another 0-fer powerplay. Brassard (who I love and think is a great player) was just awful tonight. Truly awful.

Yeah the Simmonds thing on the ice at the end smacks of owner interference. 6 career goals and he's out there as the extra man.

You heard it here first folks. Scott Simmonds last year in the OHL is 2014. Belleville's contract with the Bulls ends in 2014. Seems fishy to me. He buys a team just so his son can play OHL hockey. I could be wrong on this (and hope I am) but the optics look very bad!

Renegader is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 04:09 AM
  #446
BrianA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
Pitiful disgusting effort! Then they wonder why attendance is down.
If they don,t care why should we.

BrianA is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 12:43 PM
  #447
JSavoire
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegader View Post
Same old song and dance unfortunately. Subban was absolutely stellar. PK was once again rock solid. 0 goals and another 0-fer powerplay. Brassard (who I love and think is a great player) was just awful tonight. Truly awful.

Yeah the Simmonds thing on the ice at the end smacks of owner interference. 6 career goals and he's out there as the extra man.

You heard it here first folks. Scott Simmonds last year in the OHL is 2014. Belleville's contract with the Bulls ends in 2014. Seems fishy to me. He buys a team just so his son can play OHL hockey. I could be wrong on this (and hope I am) but the optics look very bad!
Funny you should say that as just the other day I commented to those beside me that I think everyone is correct in that Simmonds will be an OA next year given all his top line ice so far this year and that next year will be his final year after which Belleville will be sold.

JSavoire is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 01:02 PM
  #448
Tonester01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
No surprise about the expanded duties for Simmonds. It's called nepotism and I wonder what it does to team morale. In my opinion giving Simmonds a spot on the team cost the Bulls either Lemmon or Carnevale. Neither one of these two were given much of an opportunity last year or even this year to play and develop. We will see how they develop.

Part of the Bulls' problem is their drafting.
In 2009 they drafted as follows(1st 6 rounds):
1. Teichman -George made a great trade for Brady Austin to make up for this pick;
2. Curtis-a good honest player;
4. Strong(traded for draft picks) and Basso(traded with a draft pick for Hooey); and
5. Simmonds.
In 2010 they drafted as follows(1st 6 rounds):
1. Gaunce- second pick overall so not much of a decision;
3. Snelling(not playing OHL) and Altshuller(traded for draft picks);
5. Bignell-not a bad pick; and
6.Corson-traded for draft picks.
In 2011 they drafted as follows(1st 6 rounds):
1. Subban-fourth pick overall so not much of a decision;
2.Lemmon, 3. Carnevale and 6. McCarron(not in OHL) were all traded for draft picks;
4. Berisha-may be a good player with more ice time; and
5. Smokler-not playing OHL.
Of these 16 picks, 6 are with the Bulls, 2 were traded for players who are with the Bulls, 6 were traded for draft picks and 2 had no return to the Bulls.
I haven't analyzed other teams so I don't know if this a good or bad draft record but in my opinion only Gauce and Subban have star potential.
Of course drafting Malcolm turned into a great pick which has helped the franchise immensely.
As always going to the game tonight and I predict an attendance between 2100 and 2200. Hopefully some goal scoring slumps are broken tonight.

Tonester01 is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 02:21 PM
  #449
BrianA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
Drizzle You are delusional and creating a team in your mind that just doesn,t exist.The talent is being wasted.The Fronts are 1 of the worst defensive teams in the league and they get a shut out.
Here is your reply:
Everything is wonderful and the Bulls should to continue to play as they are.They are exciting and a team on the rise.

BrianA is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 03:12 PM
  #450
Scimitars of Drizzt
Morik The Rogue
 
Scimitars of Drizzt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
I'm not sure how you put out Simmonds as the extra attacker in a game that you're losing when his career totals in goals amounts to 6?! Six goals for a career and he starts the first line, first Penalty Kill and 6th attacker at the end of the game? Boasting one goal on VERY good ice this year? I know many will argue that he shouldn't be on the team period but this is one even I won't put up a defensive argument to. I could understand if he were up there in team scoring and having a banner year but with that type of ice this year he should have some much bigger #'s to justify playing those minutes and in an offensive role. Team can't rely on hoping and praying Gaunce comes back in order to pop a goal. Amongst all those vets who've had opportunities to step up and take the reins I'm surprised not one has. Coaching staff have warned constantly about shaking things up and I'm sure this is going to finally be the start of that. Something has to be done as Malcolm cannot do any more than he has other than scoring from back there. Wonder where the axe falls...
Yeah, I absolutely agree with you. It just makes no sense. I'd really hope it would have nothing to do with Gord, but I guess you never know. I doubt it would be too.

I think a lot of the Bulls lack of scoring can be found with struggling players. What has happened to Sandlak? I mean, he doesn't look terrible out there, but he just hasn't been generating much of anything. He is way better than 4 points in 16 games. And then there's Brassard, which I try to be optimistic about because he has such great potential. But on some nights he just doesn't show up. And then there is Joseph Cramarossa, just another player who should be putting up much higher numbers. I think if these players can find their game, the Bulls can get back on track.

We'll see how they do tonight against Saginaw, I'm sensing some goals.

Scimitars of Drizzt is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.