HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Chicago Wolves Discussion - Part V

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2012, 08:46 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Maybe but the Wolves are not exactly stacked at center.
They already have 4 though - you could always call him up again if there's an injury. It's not like he and Mallet are both in the lineup every night.

If the lockout ends and JS is called up, then I'd be all for him getting 4th line minutes with the Wolves.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:49 PM
orcatown

vCash: 500
Ebbett is useless (and always has been) but I feel he is at least trying. Haydar clearly doesn't give a damn.

Friesen is struggling but at least getting a few chances. Seems very poor on faceoffs.

Another player getting little done is Longpre. Started the year well but play has very much tailed off. Showing little of the speed he evidenced earlier. Also some big problems in his own end.

Connauton is having a tough game. Hopefully not going back to the inconsistent effort he has shown throughout career. Needs to bring it all the the time if he is to progress. Some of the former defensive lapses are again appearing.

Like the effort out of Pinizotto, Gordon and Sterling. Schroeder line continues to preform well

Old
11-09-2012, 08:56 PM
stevecanuck16

vCash: 50
I'd go a little easier on Friesen. Remember, he's noted for his intelligence. Give him some time to figure it out and we may see a drastic improvement. He's always been a project player.

Old
11-09-2012, 09:19 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Man... 7-4. Miller gets his 1st of the year on a setup by Longpre (thefeebster will be happy to hear that haha).

Old
11-09-2012, 09:26 PM
stevecanuck16

Pinizzotto gets in a fight that sounded pretty good. He's been noticeably active this game, and every game. Looking forward to having him as the 13th forward this season.

Old
11-09-2012, 09:32 PM
orcatown

Terrible defensive effort by the Wolves. Complete mess.

Pinizotto looks like he might help the Canucks.

Old
11-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Q: does anybody else think that the Flames actually have significantly better prospects then a ton of people give them credit for?.

Same could be said in the opposite with the oilers who have a ton of "elite" players, but a ton of absolutely garbage depth.

If the flames fans weren't so terrible, I might actually enjoy the flames in a few years.

Sven Bart is amazing to watch, and this horak kid is WOW, Where did he come from?

Old
11-09-2012, 10:29 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Q: does anybody else think that the Flames actually have significantly better prospects then a ton of people give them credit for?.

Same could be said in the opposite with the oilers who have a ton of "elite" players, but a ton of absolutely garbage depth.

If the flames fans weren't so terrible, I might actually enjoy the flames in a few years.

Sven Bart is amazing to watch, and this horak kid is WOW, Where did he come from?
I'd like to know what his shooting percentage US because his goalscoring seems way out of whack compared to his career to date. As for the flames front pool it seems deep enough to replace some if the old guys who will be leaving/winding down soon - not sure that's a good thing as just replacing the talent pool lost over the next few years won't get them to the playoffs. They need more - they'd be smart to trade iggy and Kipper at some stage.

Last edited by me2: 11-09-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Old
11-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Ok this might sound a bit bitter, but watching the oilers AHL team play so awful with THAT line up, is pretty hilarious.

Old
11-09-2012, 10:43 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Sauve is vritually unplayable. Backs in on everything - totally concedes the slot. This player is awful. Absolutely clueless in his own and even Tanev can't bail him out.
Somehow he's + 6 which is a good number considering the goalies are letting in quite a few.

Old
11-09-2012, 10:51 PM
PoolChamp

Quote:
Ok this might sound a bit bitter, but watching the oilers AHL team play so awful with THAT line up, is pretty hilarious.
maybe they've become so accustomed to losing they forgot how to win

Old
11-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
I'd like to know what his shooting percentage US because his goalscoring seems way out of whack compared to his career to date. As for the flames front pool it seems deep enough to replace some if the old guys who will be leaving/winding down soon - not sure that's a good thing as just replacing the talent pool lost CBA few years won't get them to the playoffs. They need more - they'd be smart to trade iggy and Kipper at some stage.
Horak's shooting percentage is through the roof. He's trending really high.

Our prospect pool is mostly on par with the Flames. The big difference is they have marquee prospect in Sven Baertschi that we lack.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:09 AM
Nuck This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
Horak's shooting percentage is through the roof. He's trending really high.

Our prospect pool is mostly on par with the Flames. The big difference is they have marquee prospect in Sven Baertschi that we lack.
I'd take ours over their's.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:31 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
It's close, but it basically comes down to sven vs kassian, and I would prob go with sven, who plays like datsyuk.

Old
11-10-2012, 01:29 AM
Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Me too. I think we have a few gems in there that will surprise.

After Baertschi, its basically Tanev > Brodie, Lack > Whatever goalie, plus a bunch of good forwards in Kassian and Jensen.

In any case, lol our prospect pools are close and we've been finishing in the high 20's and they haven't.

Old
11-10-2012, 02:01 AM
Linden
[hello] :)

Quote:
for some reason i loved watching them fail tonight

maybe im just cynical, but come on, it's the oiler's prospects that have been shove in everyone's face

Old
11-10-2012, 07:25 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
for some reason i loved watching them fail tonight

maybe im just cynical, but come on, it's the oiler's prospects that have been shove in everyone's face
Meh their young guys are still nhlers and our best forward has half the points of their best D prospect.

Old
11-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post
Ebbett is useless (and always has been) but I feel he is at least trying. Haydar clearly doesn't give a damn.

Friesen is struggling but at least getting a few chances. Seems very poor on faceoffs.

Another player getting little done is Longpre. Started the year well but play has very much tailed off. Showing little of the speed he evidenced earlier. Also some big problems in his own end.

Connauton is having a tough game. Hopefully not going back to the inconsistent effort he has shown throughout career. Needs to bring it all the the time if he is to progress. Some of the former defensive lapses are again appearing.

Like the effort out of Pinizotto, Gordon and Sterling. Schroeder line continues to preform well

What do you think about Rodin? There doesn't seem to be any conversion in his game. At least, not yet. He plays well, from time to time, but doesn't get on the board... I'm not sure why?

He's got the speed, the hands, the shot, the vision, the shifty moves and even the board work, but he's going nowhere... and I just don't understand it. Could the ice surface adjustment really be that daunting? Granted, he could use more time in the gym. It looks like he didn't even gain weight to me. The shoulder problems don't help either. Even so, I was expecting more from him.

Right now I'm just wondering what kind of niche he can carve in the NHL. Bottom 6 guys play with much more jam. Top 6 guys convert. He's got a long way to go and I'm not sure if he will ever get there.

Old
11-10-2012, 08:17 AM
Bleach Clean

Double Post

Old
11-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Nuck This

Quote:
It's close, but it basically comes down to sven vs kassian, and I would prob go with sven, who plays like datsyuk.
I'd take our depth. Kassian, Jensen, Schroeder, Gaunce, Tanev, Lack, Corrado and Connauton is pretty good.

Old
11-10-2012, 09:38 AM
Nuck This

Game highlights anyone?

nevermind ahl.com has them

Old
11-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Scurr

I went to the Heat game last night for the second time... fought traffic out there... fought parking... fought concession lines... fought bathroom lines... no wonder nobody goes to their games.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:44 AM
PoolChamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
I went to the Heat game last night for the second time... fought traffic out there... fought parking... fought concession lines... fought bathroom lines... no wonder nobody goes to their games.
yeah it's brutal. Parking lot is just a terrible bottle neck design. Not enough bathrooms/concessions for the number of seats. All around bad experience. Not to mention it's the Flames farm team.. Not exactly built for success.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:46 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Datsyuk? Come on now

Old
11-10-2012, 01:43 PM
WinterEmpire
Praise Dalpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
Probably the reason I won't be going back to watch a game there ever again. Oh and don't make the mistake of not bringing a credit card or lots of cash, your night gets about 10x worse otherwise.

Closed Thread