HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

OKC Barons @ Abbotsford Heat, Friday 11/9 8PM MDT "Adding Fuel To The Fire"

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-09-2012, 10:33 PM
  #176
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,256
vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden88 View Post
i am really getting tire of watching my favorite hockey teams and players and watching us lose. 4+ seasons of losing and even now when we have an allstar AHL team we still lose.

When does this rebuild get exciting!!!!
Ask the Islander fans.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:34 PM
  #177
SephF
Thanks Smytty
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Oh, I get what your saying. I would be willing to trade him for a 2nd round pick atm.
Some team would surely take him as a reclamation project. One of those "Edmonton had too many young guns he did not fit in."

Sucka's
You're foolish

SephF is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:34 PM
  #178
Braden88
Registered User
 
Braden88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 93
vCash: 500
does anyone have a length of rope and a wooden beam.

this has got to be the most frustrating hockey night all year. horrible hockey and an even more horrible feed tonight.

Braden88 is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:34 PM
  #179
Lay Z Boy GM
Registered User
 
Lay Z Boy GM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West coast
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,301
vCash: 500
This almost makes me wish the lockout would persist. If these guys can't even handle the AHL, I don't want to see them in the NHL. I'd almost like to see them stay in the AHL until they can give an honest effort, even if the NHL comes back.

Get it together, boys.

Lay Z Boy GM is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:35 PM
  #180
Auguste Escoffier
Registered User
 
Auguste Escoffier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 5,623
vCash: 500
Todd Nelson was able to coach Keller, Green and Cornet to first place in the west.


Auguste Escoffier is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:35 PM
  #181
Kosik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
This lockout needs to end cause this team is gonna be ******* awful were gonnna lose out on a fantastic pick.

Kosik is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:35 PM
  #182
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,725
vCash: 500
It's been 114:12 since the Barons last scored. 5+ scoreless periods.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:35 PM
  #183
spot
Registered User
 
spot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,553
vCash: 500
Im scared to check out the main boards.

Can only hope that the regular season starts soon and that the Oilers improve this year.

spot is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:36 PM
  #184
Money Baer
COYS
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,614
vCash: 50
does anyone have a livestream link?

Money Baer is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:36 PM
  #185
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,725
vCash: 500
NHLers or not Nelson needs to make the ****ing paint curl in that locker room.

Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:37 PM
  #186
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,124
vCash: 500
Marincin figures giving the puck away several times in ownzone isn't enough. Ups his game and instead scores an own goal.

OK, this is a ****ing disgrace. Somebody tell these fatcat losers that the Oilers org bussed out a lot of Oiler fans to travel all of the way to this game. Every one of those fans showing more effort then the oilers in the rink.

I can see playing like butt****s in OKC, nobody cares and hardly anybody sees it.

But this here game is getting a lot of exposure and with tomorrows televised contest on National TV.

Will they get their head out of their ass?

Replacement is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:38 PM
  #187
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,725
vCash: 500
Add to that that we are among the worst 3rd period teams in the AHL, unless they decide to get their **** together we have no hope in hell of winning this game tonight.

Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:38 PM
  #188
Hall2Nuge2Ebs
Registered User
 
Hall2Nuge2Ebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,876
vCash: 50
Are we every going to beat a ****ing Calgary team? Can't beat them in pro football, can't beat them in pro hockey, can't beat them in university hockey, can't beat them in university football. Like wow do they ever have our number...in every ****ing sport. Rant over

Hall2Nuge2Ebs is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:38 PM
  #189
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,991
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffer View Post
Sven is good but never RNH good. Sven is on par with Granlund.
Honestly, I belive Sven could be as good if not better then eberle, but a bit worse then guys like Hall and RNH.

Lucbourdon is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:38 PM
  #190
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
It's been 114:12 since the Barons last scored. 5+ scoreless periods.
Marincin scored.

Replacement is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:38 PM
  #191
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher
 
Mowzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lebanon, Alberta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Gross. The sooner the big 3 get out of OKC, the better. They're obviously having a negative effect on the franchise there.

Mowzie is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:39 PM
  #192
Auguste Escoffier
Registered User
 
Auguste Escoffier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 5,623
vCash: 500
When is one of Pitlick/Hamilton going to be demoted to Stockton?

Auguste Escoffier is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:40 PM
  #193
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugie Boy View Post
Are we every going to beat a ****ing Calgary team? Can't beat them in pro football, can't beat them in pro hockey, can't beat them in university hockey, can't beat them in university football. Like wow do they ever have our number...in every ****ing sport. Rant over
You need to watch the U of A golden Bears hockey club for an antidote. But don't watch the Bears football team, ever.

Replacement is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:40 PM
  #194
CupofOil
Registered User
 
CupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rock Bottom
Country: United States
Posts: 13,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auguste Escoffier View Post
Todd Nelson was able to coach Keller, Green and Cornet to first place in the west.

That team had grit, played hard every shift, had chemistry and veteran leadership. They also played a system that worked and stuck to it.
This team is full of rookies, NHLers who pretty much don't give a damn and soft, weak secondary players outside of Hartikainen. They also have no cohesiveness and play no system, it's just banking on the skill of the NHLers (when they decide that they want to play hard) to get anything done.
It's essentially the Oilers of the last couple of years to a T.

CupofOil is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:40 PM
  #195
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Marincin figures giving the puck away several times in ownzone isn't enough. Ups his game and instead scores an own goal.

OK, this is a ****ing disgrace. Somebody tell these fatcat losers that the Oilers org bussed out a lot of Oiler fans to travel all of the way to this game. Every one of those fans showing more effort then the oilers in the rink.

I can see playing like butt****s in OKC, nobody cares and hardly anybody sees it.

But this here game is getting a lot of exposure and with tomorrows televised contest on National TV.

Will they get their head out of their ass?
It's nothing short of a disgrace, our 2nd tier guys are at least trying out there. I'd sit all 3 kids the remainder of the 3rd if they don't do anything by the 1/2 way mark. Yes our D sucks, but they need to be better.

Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:40 PM
  #196
spot
Registered User
 
spot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,553
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=SephF;55659173]You're foolish[/QUOte

I'm foolish? Pajaarvi is useless at the moment. He does not fit into our top 9.

Hall
Eberle
Hemsky
Yakupov
Smyth
Jones


All play ahead of him and play a more important role. Pajaarvi skates fast and that's about it. If you can't see that you are clearly the fool.
Cut your losses and include him in a trade bringing in a better player or yes get at least a 2nd rounder back

spot is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:42 PM
  #197
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Marincin scored.
I'm not even smiling despite your 5 star attempt, I am ****ing PISSED right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auguste Escoffier View Post
When is one of Pitlick/Hamilton going to be demoted to Stockton?
Pitlick is fine, he's trying and besides not scoring has been alright, Hamilton on the other hand needs to be sent down and we need to see Pelss' hustle up here.

Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:43 PM
  #198
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
It's nothing short of a disgrace, our 2nd tier guys are at least trying out there. I'd sit all 3 kids the remainder of the 3rd if they don't do anything by the 1/2 way mark. Yes our D sucks, but they need to be better.
Yeah, like I said what gets me is many Oiler fans are in attendance at this game. Many coming from Edmonton on an Oiler sponsored bus excursion. This is absolutely inexcusable that this performance is occurring in view of that.

Its bad enough that the club can't bother to motivate in OKC. But when you're playing in front of actual Oiler fans its a whole other thing.

Funny I asked earlier how come we can't have some Barons games in Edmonton like the Heat are playing some games in Calgary. Maybe I should be careful what I ask for

Who am I kidding, I'd still go.

Replacement is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:43 PM
  #199
SephF
Thanks Smytty
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post

I'm foolish? Pajaarvi is useless at the moment. He does not fit into our top 9.

Hall
Eberle
Hemsky
Yakupov
Smyth
Jones


All play ahead of him and play a more important role. Pajaarvi skates fast and that's about it. If you can't see that you are clearly the fool.
Cut your losses and include him in a trade bringing in a better player or yes get at least a 2nd rounder back

Because Hemsky Smyth and Jones are going to be here forever...

Smyth will probably play one more season and once Hemskys contract is over there's a good chance he wont be re-signed due to the kids' raises.

MPS already lead the team in zone start / finish and has proven to be at the very least an effective 2 way player. Can play on the third line and play above average defense while chipping in offensively.

What does trading him for a second accomplish? At least package him in a deal with another asset and try to land an actual roster player.

A second round pick...? Foolish.

SephF is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 10:44 PM
  #200
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,725
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=spot;55659313]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
You're foolish[/QUOte

I'm foolish? Pajaarvi is useless at the moment. He does not fit into our top 9.

Hall
Eberle
Hemsky
Yakupov
Smyth
Jones


All play ahead of him and play a more important role. Pajaarvi skates fast and that's about it. If you can't see that you are clearly the fool.
Cut your losses and include him in a trade bringing in a better player or yes get at least a 2nd rounder back
What for, so that we can draft another Hamilton? Paajarvi >>>>> Hamilton. IMO they need to groom him to be a defensive forward and PK specialist, pick a damn wing for him already and start playing him in those roles, if he shows that one day he has enough offense to move up, then bump him, of not then at least give him a role that he can succeed at.

Bryanbryoil is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.