HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OKC Barons @ Abbotsford Heat, Friday 11/9 8PM MDT "Adding Fuel To The Fire"

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2012, 11:45 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
It's nothing short of a disgrace, our 2nd tier guys are at least trying out there. I'd sit all 3 kids the remainder of the 3rd if they don't do anything by the 1/2 way mark. Yes our D sucks, but they need to be better.
I'd bench them for the first 5 or 6 minutes, then play all 3 on a line together and see if they can wake up. If they're still listless after 2 or 3 shifts, bench them for the remainder of the game.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post

I'm foolish? Pajaarvi is useless at the moment. He does not fit into our top 9.

Hall
Eberle
Hemsky
Yakupov
Smyth
Jones

All play ahead of him and play a more important role. Pajaarvi skates fast and that's about it. If you can't see that you are clearly the fool.
Cut your losses and include him in a trade bringing in a better player or yes get at least a 2nd rounder back
Paajarvi right now is like Todd Marchant minus the hockey sense, sound defensive play, and scoring 20 goals.

Strike that, Its an insult to Todd Marchant.

Paajarvi is like limp cold pasta. With no swedish meatballs..

Old
11-09-2012, 11:46 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Honestly, I belive Sven could be as good if not better then eberle, but a bit worse then guys like Hall and RNH.
He has the potential that is for sure.

That being said, to be better than Eberle he still has a lot of work to do at the NHL level and he needs to prove it against the best.

I liked what I saw in his draft year quite a bit, but he was very inconsistent at times. Since then though, he seems to have figured it out and is playing very well on a nightly basis.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:47 PM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
Because Hemsky Smyth and Jones are going to be here forever...

Smyth will probably play one more season and once Hemskys contract is over there's a good chance he wont be re-signed due to the kids' raises.

MPS already lead the team in zone start / finish and has proven to be at the very least an effective 2 way player. Can play on the third line and play above average defense while chipping in offensively.

What does trading him for a second accomplish? At least package him in a deal with another asset and try to land an actual roster player.

A second round pick...? Foolish.
Paajarvi's offense has been non existent this year, that said it's time that we play him in a shut down role, Paajarvi-Lander-Pitlick should be played together the rest of the year. If the Oilers don't see Harski as a top 6 guy then he should be there ahead of Pitlick. Paajarvi has time to get his offense to come around IMO, but he'll have to work hard on it and while not facing top checking.

11-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Baronsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Marincin figures giving the puck away several times in ownzone isn't enough. Ups his game and instead scores an own goal.

OK, this is a ****ing disgrace. Somebody tell these fatcat losers that the Oilers org bussed out a lot of Oiler fans to travel all of the way to this game. Every one of those fans showing more effort then the oilers in the rink.

I can see playing like butt****s in OKC, nobody cares and hardly anybody sees it.

But this here game is getting a lot of exposure and with tomorrows televised contest on National TV.

Will they get their head out of their ass?
Thank goodness nobody does see it here in OKC if this is the norm. This is getting pretty embarrassing, all this NHL talent and they are getting made a fool in the AHL.

After the whole hockey news cover "we pity the fool who has to play against the NHL stacked Barons." I can guarantee you nobody is cringing at the thought of playing us. This team seems full of a bunch of uninterested, soft, and lazy players. I'd gladly take a step down on the talent level to see players who are willing to pay the price to get the job done, not depend on their talent alone.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:50 PM
spot

Quote:
Because Hemsky Smyth and Jones are going to be here forever...

Smyth will probably play one more season and once Hemskys contract is over there's a good chance he wont be re-signed due to the kids' raises.

MPS already lead the team in zone start / finish and has proven to be at the very least an effective 2 way player. Can play on the third line and play above average defense while chipping in offensively.

What does trading him for a second accomplish? At least package him in a deal with another asset and try to land an actual roster player.

A second round pick...? Foolish.

He will never fit into the Oilers top 6. The Oilers are deep on the wings, our bottom six wingers need to be gritty, big, or penalty killers. MP does not fit the bill. IF the Oilers need to fill a whole in our bottom six their will always be better options via the free agency route. IF the Oilers can get a 2nd round draft pick for pajaarvi then you do it. IF not your looking at a loser for loser trade. I do agree, a package deal would prove to be best for the Oilers. But who wants a butter soft, player> You call him two-way but his offensive skills do not warrant such a title. IMO

Old
11-09-2012, 11:50 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
Gross. The sooner the big 3 get out of OKC, the better. They're obviously having a negative effect on the franchise there.
I guess Tambo didn't have the big speech this year to start things off on a positive note, getting rid of the negativity, losing culture, and starting a winning tradition.

Still waiting for that.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:51 PM
CupofOil
Visually, we suck.

Quote:
Paajarvi's offense has been non existent this year, that said it's time that we play him in a shut down role, Paajarvi-Lander-Pitlick should be played together the rest of the year. If the Oilers don't see Harski as a top 6 guy then he should be there ahead of Pitlick. Paajarvi has time to get his offense to come around IMO, but he'll have to work hard on it and while not facing top checking.
I don't think that his offense will ever come around, he just doesn't have the offensive instincts.
I believe that his 15 goal rookie season was an aberration similar to Cogliano in his rookie season. If you look at a lot of the goals, there were a lot of flukey ones in there.
He could very well be an NHLer in some capacity but he will never be much of an offensive producer IMO.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronsfan View Post
Thank goodness nobody does see it here in OKC if this is the norm. This is getting pretty embarrassing, all this NHL talent and they are getting made a fool in the AHL.

After the whole hockey news cover "we pity the fool who has to play against the NHL stacked Barons." I can guarantee you nobody is cringing at the thought of playing us. This team seems full of a bunch of uninterested, soft, and lazy players. I'd gladly take a step down on the talent level to see players who are willing to pay the price to get the job done, not depend on their talent alone.
This ^

Old
11-09-2012, 11:52 PM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Pitlick is fine, he's trying and besides not scoring has been alright, Hamilton on the other hand needs to be sent down and we need to see Pelss' hustle up here.
Really? You think Pitlick is fine? I gotta say he's been very underwhelming imo.

All last season I listened to posters singing Pitlick's praises. Since I'd never seen him play I didn't comment in those discussions, but I admit that all the heady comparisons being thrown around were kind of exciting. I tried to temper my enthusiasm by reminding myself that the praise was mostly coming from the same folks who thought MPS was going to be a star in the NHL.

After watching the first game of the season I was impressed with Pitlick. His play has gone downhill from there. Most nights he's a non factor. He needs to dial it waaaay up.

Old
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Paajarvi right now is like Todd Marchant minus the hockey sense, sound defensive play, and scoring 20 goals.

Strike that, Its an insult to Todd Marchant.

Paajarvi is like limp cold pasta. With no swedish meatballs..
I still have lots of time for Paajarvi, as he is only 21. He could play in the AHL another two years and I'd likely still have time for him to be honest. I don't think he'll ever be a top six player, but then again I never thought he would. Well, I haven't since his rookie year that is, I have to about I had higher hopes during his last year in the SEL.

Old
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronsfan View Post

My condolences, I mean that sincerely. you support this club, you deserve better. Any fan does.

These guys forgot what they do for a living.

Old
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 0
oh well...

At least we're movin up in the race for Mackinnon? amirite? No wait, who is the top 2013 AHL draft prospect, again?

....wait...a..minute...

Old
11-09-2012, 11:53 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoOilers View Post
Wow, Marincin has looked just lost tonight.
I'd say there were many barons lost tonight.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:53 PM
spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
I don't think that his offense will ever come around, he just doesn't have the offensive instincts.
I believe that his 15 goal rookie season was an aberration similar to Cogliano in his rookie season. If you look at a lot of the goals, there were a lot of flukey ones in there.
He could very well be an NHLer in some capacity but he will never be much of an offensive producer IMO.
I agree with this 100%. I would also like to add that I would take Cogs back before I kept Pajaarvi.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Paajarvi getting credit for the own GA.

My vote is still for Marincin.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Lay Z Boy GM

Uhhh anyone notice Reinhart poking Teubert in the ass with his stick? Wtf dude. That's just weird.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:57 PM
SephF
Visually Better

Quote:
His offense has been non exsistent his entire career aside from a WJC tournament. He's already potted 15g in his rookie year, I don't think it's out of the question that he could be a 15-20g third line winger who brings size speed and above average defensive play.

People who are expecting top-6 offense out of MPS are going to be disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
He will never fit into the Oilers top 6. The Oilers are deep on the wings, our bottom six wingers need to be gritty, big, or penalty killers. MP does not fit the bill. IF the Oilers need to fill a whole in our bottom six their will always be better options via the free agency route. IF the Oilers can get a 2nd round draft pick for pajaarvi then you do it. IF not your looking at a loser for loser trade. I do agree, a package deal would prove to be best for the Oilers. But who wants a butter soft, player> You call him two-way but his offensive skills do not warrant such a title. IMO
I don't think he'll be a top-6 player either, he will be able to play spot minutes in the case of an injury and not hurt you too badly but he's not going to bring the offense to warrant top-6 mins regularly.

MPS is big, fast and good defensively. He's already scored 15g in the NHL and can probably get 20 once he gets more experience. A second round pick is almost pointless, we already have two seconds coming up in the next draft and we have a ton of young prospects.

The Oilers arent in the position to be trading roster players for picks anymore, that is wasteful. MPS has already shown he can play in the NHL and you're going to trade that for a second that has a very small % chance to ever make the NHL? Pretty risky...

Also keep in mind swedish players historically take longer to come around, MPS is still young and has room to improve while already scoring 15g in an NHL season and LEADING THE TEAM in zone start / finish proving his defensive ability.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:02 AM
Fatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay Z Boy GM View Post
Uhhh anyone notice Reinhart poking Teubert in the ass with his stick? Wtf dude. That's just weird.
They must be swinging for the same team .

Old
11-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Vikingstad
**** the King

MPS has been showing some more physicality... liking that.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Paajarvi with two hits in the same shift. WTF

Vandy with a breakaway chance but thinks, if I break in clear and fail I look like a rube. So instead dogs it up ice shoveling a puck at the net. looked like he was trying not to have a breakaway there.

BAsically in this org we have a few guys that should be playing well here, and a bunch of other players that know they aren't headed to the show and are looking for the star players to get it done.

Hall falls down a lot.

Seems like old times.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:05 AM
spot

Quote:
His offense has been non exsistent his entire career aside from a WJC tournament. He's already potted 15g in his rookie year, I don't think it's out of the question that he could be a 15-20g third line winger who brings size speed and above average defensive play.

People who are expecting top-6 offense out of MPS are going to be disappointed.

I don't think he'll be a top-6 player either, he will be able to play spot minutes in the case of an injury and not hurt you too badly but he's not going to bring the offense to warrant top-6 mins regularly.

MPS is big, fast and good defensively. He's already scored 15g in the NHL and can probably get 20 once he gets more experience. A second round pick is almost pointless, we already have two seconds coming up in the next draft and we have a ton of young prospects.

The Oilers arent in the position to be trading roster players for picks anymore, that is wasteful. MPS has already shown he can play in the NHL and you're going to trade that for a second that has a very small % chance to ever make the NHL? Pretty risky...

Also keep in mind swedish players historically take longer to come around, MPS is still young and has room to improve while already scoring 15g in an NHL season and LEADING THE TEAM in zone start / finish proving his defensive ability.

MP isn't exactly a roster player. He has 19 goals in 120 games.MP has been in and out of the line-up since day 1. If it were not for injuries and the fact that he plays on the worse team in the NHL we may not have seen him in the NHL. He also is very one dimensional. I really don't get how people call him a good two-player? The play dies on his stick. Sam Gagner gets crapped on all the time and MP gets all these excuses? Really don't get it!

I do agree that he could potentially stay in the AHL for the next two seasons and develop. IF we are lucky we could end up with another Todd Marchant (As another poster pointed out)

Old
11-10-2012, 12:08 AM
Angelus
Smile Time!

Yeah, maybe some of us shouldn't have crowed that the Barons were going to tear the AHL a new ******* this year. I can hear flames fans already "something special indeed hyuk hyuk!".

Old
11-10-2012, 12:08 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Yay, another penalty.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:09 AM
Dabomb

This is so sad to watch

Closed Thread