Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
The thing that makes me the most angry about all this are the people directly affected by the lockout I'm not happy about not being able to see hockey, but it's nothing compared to how angry I am for the little guys that rely on these games and there being a season to feed their families
^^^^THIS

11-09-2012, 08:22 PM
mikelvl

vCash: 500
Armageddon is here again.

Get ready for one less year of Seguin, Chara, Bergeron etc in a Bruins uniform. And for what!!!

Disgraceful.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelvl View Post
Armageddon is here again.

Get ready for one less year of Seguin, Chara, Bergeron etc in a Bruins uniform. And for what!!!Disgraceful.
I hope not.

Dom...Where are you ? Please give us some hope.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:28 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Just like an agent.

I always laugh when fans get mad at players' agents, as if an agent is doing something a player doesn't want him to do.
Like Allan Eagleson?

Old
11-09-2012, 08:44 PM
bossfan

All that meeting time this week and they haven't accomplished anything meaningful? Disappointment does not even begin to describe this.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
The thing that makes me the most angry about all this are the people directly affected by the lockout I'm not happy about not being able to see hockey, but it's nothing compared to how angry I am for the little guys that rely on these games and there being a season to feed their families
Fehr couldn't give two ***** about those people.

Last edited by TP: 11-09-2012 at 09:48 PM. Reason: mod
Old
11-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Hnidy Hnight

We the fans must make them pay for this. If you attend a game after this ends, you're a scab to me and part of the problem. The fans need to become a union

Old
11-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Fire Julien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
We the fans must make them pay for this. If you attend a game after this ends, you're a scab to me and part of the problem. The fans need to become a union
Don't count on it, Jacobs has been laughing all the way to the bank with the fans money since the last lockout thanks to his Whitey Bulger-like way of doing business.

Old
11-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
You're kidding me, right?

Old
11-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Fire Julien

Renaud P Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS

Tough meeting today. Talks were good this week but some say its because Jeremy Jacobs was not there...until today.

Old
11-09-2012, 10:11 PM
mikelvl

Jeremy Jacobs is a piece of garbage and the main driver behind this whole fiasco, right up there with Bettman and Fehr.

Old
11-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong

**** this league. Just get a ****ing deal done. That HRR is only getting smaller every day there isn't a season you dumbasses.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Hnidy Hnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
You're kidding me, right?
We let them off the hook in 2005, and we're here now yet again because we came back. Im not kidding in the least. Don't be a sucker for these guys. Its an abusive relationship, from a business standpoint. Stand up for yourself or walk away

Old
11-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some

Did Donald Fehr’s memo intentionally misrepresent the NHL’s offer?
Quote:

According to Mike Russo, the league has offered an immediate 50/50 split with contracts paid in full, just as the players wanted, and yet, for whatever reason, Fehr's memo left that out. From the Star Tribune:

The league has been under the impression that the majority of players are ready to get back onto the ice if revenues are split 50/50 and all contracts are honored in full. Several players have told the Star Tribune that in recent days.

That's exactly what the owners have offered the players, the sources say, something Fehr did not spell out in his memo.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:49 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Renaud P Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS

Tough meeting today. Talks were good this week but some say its because Jeremy Jacobs was not there...until today.
Um, but I was told there is zero proof Jacobs is responsible for any of this!

Old
11-10-2012, 12:07 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Like Allan Eagleson?
That was, of course, a different era. But if you ask Bobby Orr, he'll admit he was to blame for trusting the guy.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:26 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

And the article goes on to say:

Quote:
Why, it seems like the only reason a deal wasn't struck this week is because Donald Fehr is a complete and utter megalo-- wait.

I do believe that Donald Fehr is being character-assassinated.

It's a good tactic, really, especially considering that confidence the players have in this union head as compared to his predecessors. Fehr has been adamant about strong communication with the players since day one, and numerous players have raved about his communication, but if the league can sell the notion that Fehr is shady and withholding, just like all of the union's other bad relationships, they're one step closer to getting the players to fold.

Will it work? Fehr categorically denied that he was withholding information after the talks. Craig Adams echoed this to Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune. "If anybody is suggesting that Don's holding information back," he said, "that's totally untrue."
From the Associated Press:

Quote:
“Their proposal is made in front of players in the room who hear it,” Fehr said. “It’s made in front of staff who hear it, it’s made in front of former players who hear it. They’re on the phone talking to everybody on an ongoing basis afterward.

“Owners can’t come to meetings when they want to hear stuff directly, but every single player can at the union’s expense. Come hear it for himself, make the judgments, and all the rest of it.”

Ron Hainsey, the player representative for the Winnipeg Jets, backed up Fehr’s assertion in full.

“Every player is welcome in every meeting,” the defenseman said. “Every player has the ability to get in touch with Don via phone, via email, or get in touch with me or any member of the negotiating committee via phone, via email. This notion that something was hidden over the past 24 or 48 hours is totally inaccurate. We feel that this should put this issue to rest.”
If people want to slam Fehr, that's fine. But slamming him for something that appears to be patently false makes little sense.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:42 AM
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some

Quote:
And the article goes on to say:

If people want to slam Fehr, that's fine. But slamming him for something that appears to be patently false makes little sense.
How do you know it's "patently false"? Because a player rep said so? Of course they'll say that. They'll tow Fehr's line. The Nhl says it's wrong. Most reporters too. Apparently you don't know Fehr and his history. He'll hide and lie and hair spilt words and be very lawyer-ly. It's his mo

Old
11-10-2012, 12:55 AM
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some

Sources: NHL offering 50/50, willing to honor all contracts plus interest
Quote:
The league has been under the impression that the majority of players are ready to get back onto the ice if revenues are split 50/50 and all contracts are honored in full. Several players have told the Star Tribune that in recent days.

That’s exactly what the owners have offered the players, the sources say, something Fehr did not spell out in his memo. I have an email into the NHLPA asking if I can talk with Fehr or confirm what I'm about to report below.

I'm told one of the NHLPA's demands that the league is not willing to do is pay 100% of the salaries this season no matter how many games are played. If there's a shortended season, the league will want to prorate that, not pay players in full.

But it's clear the league is getting very concerned that the players have not been told the nuts and bolts of their 50/50 proposal. And from the players I've talked to, they feel 50/50 plus honoring all contracts is fair once the other contractual issues are negotiated as well.

We are at a critical juncture even though many want to point out games started Jan. 20 in 1994-95 and the season wasn't canceled in 2005 until Feb. 16.

This is (was actually) a $3.3 billion business. If Fehr is not willing to go to 50/50 at $3.3B, think he will when it's $2.2B, $1.8B? He has spent his entire career fighting the salary cap. There comes a point where revenues become so damaged, it makes it awfully difficult to proceed with a cap. And if that becomes the end game, we're in for a long, long hiatus with no hockey

As for pensions, NHL and NHLPA lawyers met for much of the day on that issue, but the league was left waiting for the Fehr Bros. and a handful of players until 4 p.m. ET after originally expecting to meet at 10 a.m.

Old
11-10-2012, 01:06 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Horizons View Post
How do you know it's "patently false"? Because a player rep said so? Of course they'll say that. They'll tow Fehr's line. The Nhl says it's wrong. Most reporters too. Apparently you don't know Fehr and his history. He'll hide and lie and hair spilt words and be very lawyer-ly. It's his mo
why would a player - rep or not - deliberately lie and undermine his own self-interest? Because he's under Fehr's thrall? ANY player can attend the meetings. ANY player can make his voice heard. Or is it assumed that they're all so stupid that they don't understand anything except what Fehr tells them?

Old
11-10-2012, 01:12 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
why would a player - rep or not - deliberately lie and undermine his own self-interest? Because he's under Fehr's thrall? ANY player can attend the meetings. ANY player can make his voice heard. Or is it assumed that they're all so stupid that they don't understand anything except what Fehr tells them?
One would have to know said person's compensation package (especially the variable component) to answer that question. Of course you knew that though.

Old
11-10-2012, 01:41 AM
Shaun
beauty

adater ‏@adater
I know this for certain: NHL owners absolutely thought they would have a deal today. It's why they are furious Fehr said no

adater ‏@adater
And it's why NHL players should think hard before walking away for good. Not going to get much better than 50-50, make whole

Old
11-10-2012, 02:10 AM
MioneRask134

^ Fehr is doing exactly what I figured he would.

Enough is enough buddy. Stop pulling a Scott Boras and make a deal.

Old
11-10-2012, 02:15 AM
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some

Quote:
You do realize that a vast majority of players haven't attended nhlpa meetings? Most players heads would spin if they were in a room where numbers and hrr % etc are being discussed. The overwhelming number of players never went to college and need their agents to simplify what's going on for them and how it affects them. This week has been all about as few as people as possible in the room. The news comes out of the room through Fehr then it gets fed to the player reps who feed it to the players and their agents and it's been quite clear in several reports that Fehr isn't telling the whole tale to the player reps who are relaying their it to their teammates and their agents etc. It's like the old telephone game

Old
11-10-2012, 02:35 AM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
^ Fehr is doing exactly what I figured he would.

Enough is enough buddy. Stop pulling a Scott Boras and make a deal.
Yes... Fehr is the Devil.

Couldn't possibly be that the league offered the PA no reason to take a cut in revenue. And it couldn't possibly be because the players expressed disdain for the other parts of the proposal. It's all on Donald Fehr and his evil plan to **** the fans out of a season of hockey.

Closed Thread