HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OKC Barons @ Abbotsford Heat, Friday 11/9 8PM MDT "Adding Fuel To The Fire"

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2012, 11:25 PM
SolsburyBill

vCash: 500
Surprised that so many people are so easy to respond to an obvious Flames troll. Because the first place to come to look for the score to a Heat game and talk about Baertschi is obviously the Oilers forum on HFBoards. Give me a break.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:25 PM
SephF
See you next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Keep in mind that his ELC will include this season 2012-2013(hopefully)
I'm projecting that we will not see him play this season as I feel that he has been
surpassed on the depth chart. Therefore: 80games in his rookies season, 35 games in his second and potentially nothing played this season. That would mean best case scenerio MP has played in perhaps half of the NHL games during his ELC. That is "In and out of the line-up"
Judging by his draft pedigree PRV should have been a top 6 player. That's our first dissapointment. Now you have settled and have labelled him as a "two way player"
He still does not quallify, not enough offensive production, and not reliable enough as a shutdown player. When things get physical he dissapears!
You said in and out of the lineup since day 1... but whatever. You obviously don't like the kid there's no point trying to convince you otherwise.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Nelson might as well use Hall, RNH and Eberle together until the NHL resumes.

Old
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Why not? He's a tremendous prospect, he could very well be as good as Eberle.
From what I've seen of Baertschi, he's not far behind Eberle in terms of skill at this point in time. I would not be surprised f he puts up better numbers in the course of the career.

Old
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

134:12 scoreless minutes, awesome.

11-09-2012, 11:27 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolsburyBill View Post
Surprised that so many people are so easy to respond to an obvious Flames troll. Because the first place to come to look for the score to a Heat game and talk about Baertschi is obviously the Oilers forum on HFBoards. Give me a break.
Somebody gets it.

Nice username.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:27 PM
pSlayer*

Well at least the final score is 4-0 OKC mistake on screen....

Old
11-09-2012, 11:28 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
I don't see it that way at all. I see skilled, but wimpy players being outworked and that will kill you at any level.

Remember when folks were preaching that eventually the pure SKILL level of this Oilers team will take over? It was a bloody lie.
The problem is it is pretty easy to get outworked when you have no emotional attachment to the team you are playing for.

Just seems like they are going through the motions and enjoying a vacation while getting to play some hockey to stay in shape.

Just look at them after they score. These kids are not invested at all emotionally.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:28 PM
Lay Z Boy GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
It's early, but Nelson must be seeing his dream of being a head coach in the NHL going up in smoke.
Yep. It's time to stop being nice. If he's got to single out the stars and maybe throw a fit, then he's got to do it.

I didn't like the whole "take 5 minutes with the loss and then forget about it" approach. If your effort is this pathetic, you don't forget about it 5 minutes after the game. You make sure they remember that it's not acceptable, you get on their ass until they give an honest effort.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:29 PM
spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
He's coming around with the physical play, he's at least trying. As for his defensive play being exaggerated regardless of how bad the Oilers are you have to admit it's still pretty impressive for a kid in that young to lead his team in that aspect. When I watch him play I see a guy who's committed to defense and gets the puck moving in the right direction when he's on the ice.

All I'm saying is it's way too early to write the guy off and we already have a pile of draft picks (and have used a ton of draft picks in the past couple years). We're getting pretty full of prospects and IMO MPS would have more value in a trade than a 2nd round pick, especially if it's a late one depending on the team.
I appreciate the hockey talk. I don't get to come on here near enough

I'm glad that you can see him as a possible asset moving forward. Personally I would rather trim the fat with our redundant players and try to compliment our smallish, yet highly skilled guys with some sandpaper. I would rather Ryan Jones game to MP.
Sometimes us Oiler fans need to realize the value of our players. MP at this moment could be worth a 2nd round pick. Heck Linus Omark didn't even fetch us a 7th round pick!

Old
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
The silver lining is this team is .500 while looking disturbingly terrible at times.

There is nowhere to go but up IMO, and they obviously won't be this bad for the entire season. Hopefully they get it together sooner rather than later though.
They need Green back in the line-up. Veteran D-man to stabilize this young blue-line would be good too.

Old
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
The problem is it is pretty easy to get outworked when you have no emotional attachment to the team you are playing for.

Just seems like they are going through the motions and enjoying a vacation while getting to play some hockey to stay in shape.

Just look at them after they score. These kids are not invested at all emotionally.
That's pretty pathetic. Why are other teams invested emotionally? There's tons of guys in the league who are too good to be playing in the AHL. that's not excuse, and if those are the attitudes we have in our system, it's time to make some changes.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:31 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:

Whatever. Nelson... Tambellini... or somebody needs to tell these guys to get "emotionally invested" FAST or be prepared to ride the pine. That would sink my enthusiasm for the Oilers even more (can it get any lower??) but for the good of the development of certain players on the Barons... it has to be done.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:33 PM
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
I appreciate the hockey talk. I don't get to come on here near enough

I'm glad that you can see him as a possible asset moving forward. Personally I would rather trim the fat with our redundant players and try to compliment our smallish, yet highly skilled guys with some sandpaper. I would rather Ryan Jones game to MP.
Sometimes us Oiler fans need to realize the value of our players. MP at this moment could be worth a 2nd round pick. Heck Linus Omark didn't even fetch us a 7th round pick!
No need to rush the trade of Paajarvi, IMHO. Give him a year and see if he picks up offence. If not, maybe they should package him for an upgrade in another area. I have a feeling he will never live up to the draft day expectations, but will turn into a solid 3rd liner (Cleary/Chimera type) one day. Probably not with the Oilers though.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Mr Forever

How did Hartkianen look tonight?

Old
11-09-2012, 11:34 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
That's pretty pathetic. Why are other teams invested emotionally? There's tons of guys in the league who are too good to be playing in the AHL. that's not excuse, and if those are the attitudes we have in our system, it's time to make some changes.
There are players too good for the NHL, but there aren't very many up and coming elite NHLers that have played 2+ seasons in the NHL coming back down to the AHL.

Guys like Bartschi are still more hungry because he has barely had a taste of the NHL.

Either way, it seems pretty clear this is the case. It's not the best attitude, but if i was an Oiler for 2 years, an NHL all-star, etc., I may not be all that invested in the Oklahoma City Barons either.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
How did Hartkianen look tonight?
His worst game since game 2 or 3 of the year. He was dropped off of Eberle's line for a bit as well.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:36 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Also, **** this team, I'm not making another GDT tomorrow, if they're putting in this kind of effort then I'll put in a 1/2 assed effort too.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:37 PM
spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
No need to rush the trade of Paajarvi, IMHO. Give him a year and see if he picks up offence. If not, maybe they should package him for an upgrade in another area. I have a feeling he will never live up to the draft day expectations, but will turn into a solid 3rd liner (Cleary/Chimera type) one day. Probably not with the Oilers though.
I agree, no harm leaving him down in the AHL.

Cleary/Chimera type do however have a different element to their game.
They can forecheck, take the body, become pests, and penalty kill, go to the front of the net/hard areas.
MP has alot of work to do.
I do get you main point though, might as well be patient.

Old
SDig14

Quote:
Whatever. Nelson... Tambellini... or somebody needs to tell these guys to get "emotionally invested" FAST or be prepared to ride the pine. That would sink my enthusiasm for the Oilers even more (can it get any lower??) but for the good of the development of certain players on the Barons... it has to be done.
The only common denominator is the players.

Do we have the worst luck with coaches and the last 3 simply have no idea to coach a system properly and effectively?

Or are the players the ones that can't follow the system?

Old
Mr Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
His worst game since game 2 or 3 of the year. He was dropped off of Eberle's line for a bit as well.
That's too bad. I'm usually able to find solace in his performance after putrid team efforts.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:40 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
That's too bad. I'm usually able to find solace in his performance after putrid team efforts.
Meh, hopefully he bounces back with a strong game tomorrow along with the rest of the team, he's got some slack from me because he's been really good for awhile.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Qrispy

I honestly cannot even fathom how this team can suck so bad. Somebody needs to start asking the tough questions. I don't give a **** if you were drafted 1st overall or 150th. If you're not putting in 100% effort, get the **** out.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Baronsfan

Quote:
There are players too good for the NHL, but there aren't very many up and coming elite NHLers that have played 2+ seasons in the NHL coming back down to the AHL.

Guys like Bartschi are still more hungry because he has barely had a taste of the NHL.

Either way, it seems pretty clear this is the case. It's not the best attitude, but if i was an Oiler for 2 years, an NHL all-star, etc., I may not be all that invested in the Oklahoma City Barons either.
Seems like a character issue to me if that's the case. I'm glad that some Oiler fans are looking at it the way it should, that if they belong here or not, they should still play emotionally invested. I'd hope these guys would have more pride than that, even if the only reason they are here is because of the lockout.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:45 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Tambellini needs to be fired 4 years ago, along with his mentor KLowe. Imagine, these are the clowns who will be trading this talent soon. Good God, we are the New York Islanders.

Closed Thread