HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Syracuse Crunch vs Hamilton Bulldogs-7:30 pm EST- Game is at the Bell Centre

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

vCash: 500
Was at the game and here are my thoughts:

-Nobody on the team is NHL caliber right now
-90% of the passes are soft or in the skates
-Ellis had a bad 1st and 2nd but was ok in the 3rd
-I thought Palushaj would dominate at this level but he really didn't show much today.
-Mayer had some great saves
-Beaulieu is a great skater but needs alot of work on the defensive side of his game
-Nash, Corbin had bad games
-Stortini is crap

Old
11-09-2012, 10:32 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Mayer is solid, but the rest of the team...

The defense after St-Denis is particularly bad. Tinordi and Beaulieu were bad, but Ellis is awful. Not a AHL caliber player at this point.

Holland had a tough game too, while Bournival was invisible.

Besides Mayer, our only good players were Gallagher (despite a lot of mistakes) and Qualier. Boyce maybe too.
Beaulieu no doubt, but Tinordi bad? We didnt watch the same game..

Still, the Dogs are one of the youngest teams in the AHL and were facing an amazing Crunch line-up, a team that won the Calder cup last year.. Their quickness, toughness was really impressive..

Old
11-09-2012, 10:33 PM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
What the eff is up with this organization and injuries? Honestly, what the ****! ****!

Hopefully all will be well with Blake.

Old
11-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Et le But

I think the saddest part is that we are actually getting good goaltending somehow...I've never seen Mayer this consistent so far, it's a shame the scores make him look worse than he's been playing. Could he actually have some upside?

Old
11-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post

Still, the Dogs are one of the youngest teams in the AHL and were facing an amazing Crunch line-up, a team that won the Calder cup last year.. Their quickness, toughness was really impressive..
I thought Tinordi played okay. He's got great positioning but when he's got the puck he's worse than Komisarek. (except for that one offensive rush)

Old
11-09-2012, 10:36 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
My report on the game:

Thought Beaulieu was better than most of you are saying. He is simply getting used to the pro game.

Really hope Geoffrion is OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrzrFcQN7EA&feature=plcp

Old
11-09-2012, 10:41 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Dany Dubé had a solid analysis about the youngsters on radio. Don't know if it's gonna be on their website though.

Old
11-09-2012, 10:42 PM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

Quote:

I'm with ya, Tinordi was the lone bright spot (well maybe Mayer doing what he could in nets). I think he could be ready for an NHL spot next season. The rest of the team needs a ton of work, I wonder just how much Lefebvre can really help them, it seems there is no system in place at all. Beaulieu was definitely a disapointment, he needs so much work...I'm hoping the team's glaring weaknesses simply looked as bad as they did due to the quality of the opposition but they really do need to work on some sort of team vision to help players use their strengths and develop without getting beat down.

Old
11-09-2012, 10:55 PM
NewHabsEra*

Beaulieu totally missed his hit on the third goal, quite out of sync, it was really pathetic to see.. Still, the kid needs to bulk up big time, he looks weak out there..

Bournival looks totally lost lately..

Old
11-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Bournival looks totally lost lately..
Bournival and Holland have really hit the wall, especially Bournival. It's to be expected, but the team is a lot worse since that line has slowed down.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:03 PM
zzoo

It's a good hockey game, very intense.

But oh boy, I have a feeling that it's like NHL players play again midget players. Dogs were completely outplayed, outshot, outhit. The score doesn't reflect the reality, it should be 7-0 or 8-0 for Syracuse. It seems that they are on powerplay for 40 minutes.

Good: Mayer, Tinordi
Average: Gallagher, Beaulieu, Quailer
Bad: All the rest
Horrible: Corbin, Ellis. Man, they are terrible.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:06 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
My report on the game:

Thought Beaulieu was better than most of you are saying. He is simply getting used to the pro game.

Really hope Geoffrion is OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrzrFcQN7EA&feature=plcp
Beaulieu was sloppy and got beat one on one like a junior all night long.. He is 19 and a bit immature so there is no reason to panic but he will have to take the next off season pretty seriously to add some meat to his frame..

Old
11-09-2012, 11:12 PM
NewHabsEra*

To make a long story short, it was men against boy tonight.. The Crunch's transition was "lighning" fast, they were just too fast and strong for our baby Habs..

Old
11-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Protest the Hero

Why is Tinordi fighting goons when Stortini is in the lineup.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:24 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Collectively your giving too much blame to the Bulldogs and too little credit to their opposition. The Crunch are an excellent AHL team that was playing a solid game. The Bulldogs are an at best mid-tier AHL team. Dogs don't have the talent to force a team like that to make mistakes and the Crunch don't make enough mistakes for guys like Holland, Bournival, Gallagher etc. to effectively exploit. There is a reason why Jon Cooper is a rising star in the coaching ranks.

These guys can make the likes of Abbotsford sweat, that doesn't mean they can take on everyone in this league.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Why is Tinordi fighting goons when Stortini is in the lineup.
Because he was on the ice at the time Bournival was hit while Stortini was on the bench...

Last edited by Freaky Habs Fan: 11-09-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Old
11-09-2012, 11:44 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Because he was on the ice at the time Bournival was hit while Stortini was on the bench...
Yep. But it's not like stortini went sending any messages. He's a waste of space.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:44 PM
domdo345

They got burned sooo many times on the backchecking it was ridiculous. Going on the puck carrier instead of the 3rd forward, simply giving 3vs2, giving so much space to the pointers in the Dzone. They were doing a 1-2-2 forecheck poorly executed that resulted in more time and space for the Crunch to operate breakouts and control the neutral zone. That is either lack of coaching or lack of discipline to follow the game plan. Generally, it's the latter.

I'll give the Crunch credit on the relentless forechecking and winning so many 1vs1 battles. The dogs D were just worn out in the 3rd period and bad decisions ensued.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Habnot

Not sure what many of you expected from this matchup. Defending Calder Cup winners, experienced lineup against a team of rookies that have 10 AHL games under their belt. I'm sure I'm not re-inventing the wheel when I say that 5 rookie defenseman and a top line made completely of rookies is just not going to win many games against the stronger teams in the AHL, at least not now.

Add the facts that many top AHLs have NHL players on their team, that the Bulldogs having none, you will see this team, barring injuries, be much more comptetive after X-Mas.

Personally I think we have at least 4 good caliber NHL players on this team (Tinordi, Beaulieu, Gallagher, Bournival) not including Leblanc. No elite level players, but solid competitive NHL'ers.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:51 PM
domdo345

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Yep. But it's not like stortini went sending any messages. He's a waste of space.
yeah...it feels like laraque 2.0 where none wants to fight a goon, and he doesn't bring anything else. The only difference is that he still sees too much ice time for my liking.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Again, you will have a better idea of who the Bulldogs are the day the lockout ends. Everybody on the Dogs stay in the AHL, while most teams will see some of their players play in the NHL. Funnily enough, you will see the Dogs doing better.

As far as tonight's game, this is just clearly a case of a team losing to a much better and experienced one. Cooper has to have a shot at coaching in the NHL. Teams are just sleeping as far as he's concerned. And Brisebois did a good job at filling the rest of the squad. Mayer played insanely good. And people crapping on Tinordi and Beaulieu are probably the same ones crapping on Galchenyuk 2 weeks ago....Yes, they make mistakes, no ****. And Beaulieu is not the defensive liability that some loves to think he is. You hear that and you think we have discussions with other teams' fans about Subban....And Tinordi shows some great speed once in a while which he didn't have when he joined the OHL. Puck skills will always need to be improved, yet he did improve that as well.

Guys I would have no problem giving up are not on kids. But Palushaj is starting to get on my nerves. Same with Stortini. I'd like to see Naatinen get a bigger role in this team.

But kids are kids. Ups and downs. You don't want to see that, well it will be a whole year like that. Especially with the fact that the brass decided to not add anything significant up front and defensively as far as vets are concerned, which again, is a mistake in my opinion. Yes, it's icetime for the kids, but the kids loves to win and would look good learning in a winning atmosphere.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:07 AM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
But kids are kids. Ups and downs. You don't want to see that, well it will be a whole year like that. Especially with the fact that the brass decided to not add anything significant up front and defensively as far as vets are concerned, which again, is a mistake in my opinion. Yes, it's icetime for the kids, but the kids loves to win and would look good learning in a winning atmosphere.
Not sure I would want any of the five rookie defenseman playing in the ECHL - but I agree with the forwards. I would of liked to see couple of career AHL'er who can score added to this team.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:09 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Again, you will have a better idea of who the Bulldogs are the day the lockout ends. Everybody on the Dogs stay in the AHL, while most teams will see some of their players play in the NHL. Funnily enough, you will see the Dogs doing better.

As far as tonight's game, this is just clearly a case of a team losing to a much better and experienced one. Cooper has to have a shot at coaching in the NHL. Teams are just sleeping as far as he's concerned. And Brisebois did a good job at filling the rest of the squad. Mayer played insanely good. And people crapping on Tinordi and Beaulieu are probably the same ones crapping on Galchenyuk 2 weeks ago....Yes, they make mistakes, no ****. And Beaulieu is not the defensive liability that some loves to think he is. You hear that and you think we have discussions with other teams' fans about Subban....And Tinordi shows some great speed once in a while which he didn't have when he joined the OHL. Puck skills will always need to be improved, yet he did improve that as well.

Guys I would have no problem giving up are not on kids. But Palushaj is starting to get on my nerves. Same with Stortini. I'd like to see Naatinen get a bigger role in this team.

It may end up looking bad on Bergevin that he didn't add a Nigel Dawes on offense and Alex Henry on defense to his AHL roster.

That decision is on him.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:35 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
I dont think anyone is giving up on the kids, but only trying to give a proper evaluation of their game at the moment thats all... The Tinordi Ellis pairing has been playing alot lately and you clearly see that Tinordi is playing at a much better level than his partner right now.. Bournival has been looking lost lately, isnt that the truth? No scoring chances in the last 2 games and looks lost on the ice, nothing against the kid, Im a fan as well, but I mean, you have to call a dog a dog.. Thats a pretty young team I think we all agree on this and tonight we could see a Calder cup champion against a bunch of baby rookies, I think we got quite outplayed in all areas of the game, we were just not in the same league..

Old
11-10-2012, 01:28 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
I dont think anyone is giving up on the kids, but only trying to give a proper evaluation of their game at the moment thats all... The Tinordi Ellis pairing has been playing alot lately and you clearly see that Tinordi is playing at a much better level than his partner right now.. Bournival has been looking lost lately, isnt that the truth? No scoring chances in the last 2 games and looks lost on the ice, nothing against the kid, Im a fan as well, but I mean, you have to call a dog a dog.. Thats a pretty young team I think we all agree on this and tonight we could see a Calder cup champion against a bunch of baby rookies, I think we got quite outplayed in all areas of the game, we were just not in the same league..
I think you can stack a lot of how poorly the Holland-Bournival-Gallagher line did over the last two games on the opponent they faced. They play that very up tempo, aggressive style people love against a quality team with good organization and transition. As a result they got consistently burned on Syracuse's ability to absorb their attacks and counter.

Closed Thread