HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

N. Kadri discussion thread v12

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Sam Slick*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Let him sweat it out in the AHL for a few years.

IF you are eating a high carb diet to put on muscle, you will be putting on fat. Since cardio work is counter to bulk work you can't do both quickly at he same time.

Why?

Why sell when we've all seen the tallent?

What will we get? Another Ashton, Colborne or Paradis?

I never liked the kid. His talent is good, but he can't skate through guys shift after shift and not give a crap when he loses the puck.

Kadri was way to "Media'd" and maybe his head got too big for that skrawny body of his.

Johhny Dangles all over again. Remember that guy?
[/QUOTE]

Protein is needed for muscle growth. Cardio and weight training are two different things. Cardio is all about working anaerobic alactic, lactic and aerobic systems. They have nothing to with weight training to put on bulk at all really. Sure, the alactic system is good for "clean and jerks". But hey, two different things.

Sure, we've seen the talent, but how often? Sure, there is that one youtube video of that shootout goal. Kadri does not do it consistently. Would you agree that he is regressing? Would you agree he was a health scratch tonight? Is Eakins wrong too?

Old
11-09-2012, 11:20 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Slick View Post
You know, the world can sometimes be upside down. You and I are usually in agreement and Gatorade and I are usually in disagreement. But this comes down to common sense at the end of the day.

Bottom line is, Kadri has not earned anything to knock off an NHL player, he is clearly regressing at the AHL level. That spells bust IMO. Hey, do I want him to turn into a superstar? You betcha. But to this point, he is nothing more than an average AHL'er and regressing.
I'm saying rein in your superstar expectations and be happy if you have to wait another year or 2 for a 24yr old to come up and be a solid contributor to a winning team.

Really just because he isn't one of these 19yr old dynamos why give up so quick?

Old
11-09-2012, 11:20 PM
Gatorade*

Quote:
Originally Posted by G51 K81 View Post
This year is a throw away year for Kadri. He came into camp out of shape and looks terrible to start the season (any correlation?). At best he will be as good as he was last year. I don't mind him playing the full year in the AHL and seeing what he brings next season with a full and strong off-season.
He has to get a contract next summer. That could be interesting if he is subject to waivers to go to the AHL.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:23 PM
G51 K81*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
He has to get a contract next summer. That could be interesting if he is subject to waivers to go to the AHL.
Then next camp will be his chance to make it or break it. Either come into camp in great shape and prove his doubters wrong or ship him out if he comes to camp in Wellwood form.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:24 PM
Sam Slick*

YUp which is why he should be getting in **** from NHLers and not getting away with it in the AHL.

How can Zigomanis say anything to Kadri?

Phaneuf can knock some sense into him.

NHL/AHL[/QUOTE]

Um, neither one of those guys are coaches. Sure, they can say something to him, but can Phaneuf teach him anything about offense from a forward prospective at all? NOPE.

Zigo has more of an opinion on something like that than Phaneuf.

Its up to Eakins to improve this kid all around. He is his coach. This is not Kadri's first year Charlio, its his third going forward.

Again, please let me know who should lose their spot to Kadri right now?

Old
11-09-2012, 11:26 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Protein is needed for muscle growth. Cardio and weight training are two different things. Cardio is all about working anaerobic alactic, lactic and aerobic systems. They have nothing to with weight training to put on bulk at all really. Sure, the alactic system is good for "clean and jerks". But hey, two different things.

Sure, we've seen the talent, but how often? Sure, there is that one youtube video of that shootout goal. Kadri does not do it consistently. Would you agree that he is regressing? Would you agree he was a health scratch tonight? Is Eakins wrong too?[/QUOTE]

So you know this.

So you know that is Kadri is traing for muscle gain he can't also be training for low BMI.

The two don't go together.

Oh ya I know Protein is needed for muscle but carbs are needed for fuel.

YOu don't think Eakins scratched Kadri because he has the highest expectations?

This sends a message to the rest of the team.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:28 PM
Gatorade*

Quote:

Sure, we've seen the talent, but how often? Sure, there is that one youtube video of that shootout goal. Kadri does not do it consistently. Would you agree that he is regressing? Would you agree he was a health scratch tonight? Is Eakins wrong too?
So you know this.

So you know that is Kadri is traing for muscle gain he can't also be training for low BMI.

This sends a message to the rest of the team.[/QUOTE]

Some people can do whatever the book says but their body type just doesn't translate the results.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Sam Slick*

Quote:
I'm saying rein in your superstar expectations and be happy if you have to wait another year or 2 for a 24yr old to come up and be a solid contributor to a winning team.

Really just because he isn't one of these 19yr old dynamos why give up so quick?
I;m ok with him sitting in the AHL, but he is no where close enough to make the jump to the big show. And, it is not just my opinion that he is going backwards. What were his shot totals tonight....oh wait...

All kidding aside, Kadri has been busting so far. Its just a word dude. How can you not agree with it?

-3, 3 assists in 9 games and a healthy scratch is him "busting" this year.

A guy of Kadri's talent should have 12 points by now leading the team. The reason he is not, is because he came into camp out of shape (which would drive any coach nuts, he's a pro, he gets paid to workout).

He is behind a lot of the plays. He is breathing hard. That will translate to poor on ice performance. I have been coaching for 22 years, I know this stuff.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:32 PM
Community
Former TMLKesselftw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Tucker had his moments but lets not pretend the Leafs won anything with him in the lineup.
Why does this "logic" always show up on this board, according to this dwight king, jordan nolan, trevor lewis, etc. are all better than Sundin....

Old
11-09-2012, 11:32 PM
Sam Slick*

Quote:
So you know this.

This sends a message to the rest of the team.
Some people can do whatever the book says but their body type just doesn't translate the results.[/QUOTE]

Um, we are in agreement here.

Body Mass index is one of the worst ways to measure an atlhetes body by the way. Just sayin.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:34 PM
Sam Slick*

Quote:
Some people can do whatever the book says but their body type just doesn't translate the results.

Body Mass index is one of the worst ways to measure an atlhetes body by the way. Just sayin.[/QUOTE]

Ok, something funky is happening to my posts. Weird.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:38 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
I;m ok with him sitting in the AHL, but he is no where close enough to make the jump to the big show. And, it is not just my opinion that he is going backwards. What were his shot totals tonight....oh wait...

All kidding aside, Kadri has been busting so far. Its just a word dude. How can you not agree with it?

-3, 3 assists in 9 games and a healthy scratch is him "busting" this year.

A guy of Kadri's talent should have 12 points by now leading the team. The reason he is not, is because he came into camp out of shape (which would drive any coach nuts, he's a pro, he gets paid to workout).

He is behind a lot of the plays. He is breathing hard. That will translate to poor on ice performance. I have been coaching for 22 years, I know this stuff.
DAve Andreychuk was slow and out of shape too.

Kadri did what the team told him to do and then the craps on him.

Why would you want to get rid of him when if he trains differently next year he is winning player of the month again like he did last year.

He was a #7 pick it's a crap shoot by then.

If he's a bust then what's JVR? Shouldn't JVR be held to higher expectations since he was a #2?

OR Turris a former #3?

Old
11-09-2012, 11:43 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:

Body Mass index is one of the worst ways to measure an atlhetes body by the way. Just sayin.
Ok, something funky is happening to my posts. Weird.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever seen a marathon runner than looked like Lou Ferigno?

No because ti is two different types of training.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:47 PM
Sam Slick*

Quote:

Why would you want to get rid of him when if he trains differently next year he is winning player of the month again like he did last year.

If he's a bust then what's JVR? Shouldn't JVR be held to higher expectations since he was a #2?

OR Turris a former #3?
You can't compare Kadri to Andreychuk. Dave turned out to be a helluva hockey player, Kadri not so much. Dave was willing to learn, Kadri to this point does not. Dave was different to kadri body type, Kadri is much smaller.

Kadri stuffed himself with burgers, fries and donuts. Did the team tell him to do that?

Dave was completely different than Kadri. By that reasoning, lets just compare Kadri to Alexander Daigle. That is a much better comparison.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Sam Slick*

Quote:
Ok, something funky is happening to my posts. Weird.
Have you ever seen a marathon runner than looked like Lou Ferigno?

No because ti is two different types of training.[/QUOTE]

Um, yea, I know...

Old
11-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Sam Slick*

What young kid comes to a pro camp out of shape? Its insane. He thinks the world be handed to him.

I have seen enough of him. Bust is the best word.

Am I saying he cant turn it around, not at all. I hope he does. But it looks like he is on a path of destruction.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:54 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
You can't compare Kadri to Andreychuk. Dave turned out to be a helluva hockey player, Kadri not so much. Dave was willing to learn, Kadri to this point does not. Dave was different to kadri body type, Kadri is much smaller.

Kadri stuffed himself with burgers, fries and donuts. Did the team tell him to do that?

Dave was completely different than Kadri. By that reasoning, lets just compare Kadri to Alexander Daigle. That is a much better comparison.
So DAve get sthe luxury of turning out to be one helluva hockey player but Kadri is labelled a bust at 22?

Seem fair to you?

Old
11-10-2012, 12:07 AM
achtungbaby

Quote:

OR Turris a former #3?
Your favourite tatic, "what about ...." Kadri will make it or bust on his own. It happens to thousands of prospects every year. Bringing up other prospects doesn't make the guy you're pimping any better or worse.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:09 AM
Gatorade*

Quote:
So DAve get sthe luxury of turning out to be one helluva hockey player but Kadri is labelled a bust at 22?

Seem fair to you?
By the time Dave was Kadri's age he had a 38 goal season. He didn't play in the minors. Not comparable at all.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:10 AM
Gatorade*

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungbaby View Post
Your favourite tatic, "what about ...." Kadri will make it or bust on his own. It happens to thousands of prospects every year. Bringing up other prospects doesn't make the guy you're pimping any better or worse.
Correct. He constantly deflects by bringing up other players etc.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:20 AM
Sam Slick*

Quote:

Seem fair to you?
You're arguing against yourself here pal. Its not a comparison at all.

3 simple questions for you...

1, did I bench Kadri tonight or did one of the best minor coaches in the world bench Kadri?

2. Again, who do you take of the Leaf team to "Hand out" a position to Kadri?

3. Do you agree that Kadri has to "take" a spot from a current leaf, or just be handed a position like a gift?

Here is the simplest way to put it: Would you agree that Kadri THUS FARhas been a bust this season?

Some pretty simple questions that require simple answers.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:25 AM
Sergei Berezin

I don't understand how you can make assumptions like "all he did was eat burgers and fries, hur dur dur".

That's absolutely asinine.

You're making it seem like he came into shape like Dustin Byfuglien, but all that happened was that his coach said he came into camp out of shape. That doesn't mean he was fat! It just means his performance level on the physical tests were below par. Roberts has already made an excuse for Kadri on that one, in that he wasn't able to work out until a couple months after the long season because of his shoulder injury.

And another thing... it's been 10 games! Jesus H. Christ people, not everyone comes out of the gate flying. Let him find his way. We're not even a quarter of the way through the season.

Yeesh.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:26 AM
Sergei Berezin

Quote:

1, did I bench Kadri tonight or did one of the best minor coaches in the world bench Kadri?

3. Do you agree that Kadri has to "take" a spot from a current leaf, or just be handed a position like a gift?

Here is the simplest way to put it: Would you agree that Kadri THUS FARhas been a bust this season?

10 games in and we can confirm someone is bust. The hilarity ensues.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:29 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:

Quote:
It’s no surprise that Dale Hunter preaches the same shot-blocking, defence-first mentality with the Capitals that he did with the Knights. And Alex Ovechkin and Alexander Semin are finding out what the likes of Nazem Kadri and Patrick Kane learned as Knights — that you get benched if you don’t play the way Dale wants you to play.
http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...-family-affair
2. Clarke Macarthur, he is great but his defense and stupid penalties are getting out of hand, great character but no. Lombardi hasn't been in form but then again one takes a while to return from a concussion. David steckel excellent faceoff man but his other area of the game is lacking if he doesn't find other ways to produce he will and can be moved. Carlyle's defense will be more than capable of replacing him, making spots for Kadri available. I can also count trade possibilities but I wont.

3. No one is handed a spot in any team, everyone earns a spot, and he did just that last season in the pre-season schedule, only thing that held him back was his luck, he injured if you remember and that spot was easily scooped up by Frattin. Kudos for Matt to show he isn't willing to back down to his junior and he kept it and kadri went down into the AHL.

11-10-2012, 12:31 AM
Sam Slick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post

10 games in and we can confirm someone is bust. The hilarity ensues.
Someone not reading the bolded part where I said Thus Far is even funnier.

Closed Thread