HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

12-13' Prospects Thread Version XIII: The name is Cameranesi. Tony Cameranesi.

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2012, 01:26 AM
OptimusForever
#teambernier

vCash: 50
Is connor brown playing as well as his stats indicate or is he just a product of mcdavid dominating?

Old
11-10-2012, 01:27 AM
TMLKesselftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Leivo also finished with an assist. Was also a +1 in a 4-1 loss to London. Only one of 3 players on his team positive.
I was at the Russia-OHL super-series in Guelph the other day and Leivo actually looked a lot better than I thought he would...

I don't know a lot about him, but he looked pretty big, strong on the puck, created a few good chances around the net, and one of the better players at the game.

Murphy and his D-partner koenneouk (or however you spell it, haha) were awful; played most of the 3rd period while pinching at bad times and I'm pretty sure they were both on for the 2 Russian goals against....

Old
11-10-2012, 07:00 AM
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~

vCash: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusForever View Post
Is connor brown playing as well as his stats indicate or is he just a product of mcdavid dominating?
* Playing with Connor McDavid

Maybe if someone who has seen his games could post their opinion?

Old
11-10-2012, 02:06 PM
The K Man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLKesselftw View Post
I was at the Russia-OHL super-series in Guelph the other day and Leivo actually looked a lot better than I thought he would...

I don't know a lot about him, but he looked pretty big, strong on the puck, created a few good chances around the net, and one of the better players at the game.

Murphy and his D-partner koenneouk (or however you spell it, haha) were awful; played most of the 3rd period while pinching at bad times and I'm pretty sure they were both on for the 2 Russian goals against....
I really liked him too, seemed like a faster skater than what some people have been saying.

Old
11-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by crump View Post
* Playing with Connor McDavid

Maybe if someone who has seen his games could post their opinion?
He's always had talent. The main problem for him to get to the bigs is that he needs to work on the other aspects like body conditioning and what not really. I am not sure much on his defense as I am not keeping an eye on the OHL or juniors with streams like last year

11-10-2012, 02:33 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
He's always had talent. The main problem for him to get to the bigs is that he needs to work on the other aspects like body conditioning and what not really. I am not sure much on his defense as I am not keeping an eye on the OHL or juniors with streams like last year

its hard to tell right now if he is performing because of conner, right we dont know, in time it will tell

Old
11-10-2012, 02:34 PM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusForever View Post
My guess is Connor McDavid, but I've only seem him play like once .

Old
11-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
its hard to tell right now if he is performing because of conner, right we dont know, in time it will tell
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post
My guess is Connor McDavid, but I've only seem him play like once .
Remember guys this guy scored 25 goals in the league worst team last year, it's not all Mcdavid.

Old
11-10-2012, 02:46 PM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Remember guys this guy scored 25 goals in the league worst team last year, it's not all Mcdavid.
I'm asking because of limited viewing (while having seen McDavid play numerous times in AAA)... why was Brown drafted so late then?

Limited potential or what?

edit: I'm aware draft rank means jack all at the end of the day - but seems like he'd get drafted earlier.

Old
11-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

+/- maybe? It's meaningless though lol

Old
11-10-2012, 02:56 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
I'm asking because of limited viewing (while having seen McDavid play numerous times in AAA)... why was Brown drafted so late then?

edit: I'm aware draft rank means jack all at the end of the day - but seems like he'd get drafted earlier.
I don't know for sure but his size may have been one issue. Something else that may have turned scouts off is Erie was a terrible team so perhaps he only put up as many points as he did because he got so many good opportunities and more playing time than your average rookie. +/- certainly wouldn't help him, but the entire team was terrible in that department so I doubt it was a huge factor.

Old
11-10-2012, 02:57 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:

I think because of his size. A couple Otters fans said that because of his work ethic, it will make up for his size, if he makes it too the NHL. They also said he takes his leadership role very serious.

Old
11-10-2012, 03:01 PM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Okay true, I was curious as to why.

Devane and Crescenzi assigned to San Fran Bulls of the ECHL, btw.

Old
11-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Heatleys Eye

Quote:
Okay true, I was curious as to why.

Devane and Crescenzi assigned to San Fran Bulls of the ECHL, btw.
Hopefully Crescenzi goes down to Kitchener - they are looking like they can compete for the top team in the Western Conference this year, Now 8-0 at home

An above poster mentioned Murphy as awful the other night against the Russians. I have seen every game at home this year of his and he is usually the best player on the ice for both teams and it's not really even a question.

Murphy is smallish but his instincts and ability to find the open spots is something that cannot be taught. with the continued development he should have a very long and successful NHL career

Old
11-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygeek View Post
Rielly is a lot better than Murphy IMO. Excited to see what he brings against the russians. I think Rielly should be quarterbacking the first pp in the world juniors.
I wish he was, but he won't be. As long as there's a lockout, Murphy is healthy and Spott is the head coach, Murphy will run the 1st pp, despite everyone knowing Rielly would prolly be more successful in that role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
tbh idk what all the hype is about Murphy, he isn't that fast or allusive, he just makes decent passes. dont get me wrong he is good, but i think Rielly is better no bias.
I think you're being a little biased. Murphy is really good at weaving his way through a whole team. His skill set is elite and he has most of the weapons offensive dman need to have at their disposal. He is shifty, fast, good vision and a great shot. The problem is there are times when he can't use them effectively. His offensive decision making is his weakness.

Old
11-10-2012, 04:52 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:

He's undersized, his skating isn't fantastic, and his offensive game is still incredibly unrefined. He's the kind of guy who's skillset is unlikely to translate to the next level. He was a good pick though; good ceiling but not a great shot at reaching it.

Old
11-10-2012, 05:25 PM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

When you guys say undersized, are you speaking relative to weight/height together?

Cause everywhere I read he's 5'11", which isn't undersized by any means .

Old
11-10-2012, 05:54 PM
OptimusForever
#teambernier

Quote:
When you guys say undersized, are you speaking relative to weight/height together?

Cause everywhere I read he's 5'11", which isn't undersized by any means .
Unless you have a load of skill there aren't many people that make it to the show at 170 pounds. I think he was saying he has the type of build where he can't grow much more

Old
11-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Sergei Berezin

A big reason Brown fell was his skating. He can get by with it in the OHL, but it's gonna need to be much more explosive for him to get anywhere at the next level. It's not that he's slow, it's just that he doesn't get to his top speed as quick as he should.

Another issue is that he doesn't have much of a 'wow' factor. He puts up points, though, and that's all that really matters at the end of the day, but he's doing it on a **** hockey team. Lots of people question whether he could bring it on a team who is actually fighting for something night in and night out.

Old
11-10-2012, 06:20 PM
sniper81

Can anyone find a stream for erie and oshawa?

Old
11-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Brown picks up an assist.

Old
11-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Hawaiinleaf

How can Conner Brown be a so so prospect all he does is score and get assists every game against everyone

Matt Rupert 2 Goals tonight

Old
11-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Heatleys Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post

Not Leaf property but it's good to see him doing well

Old
11-10-2012, 06:59 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post
How can Conner Brown be a so so prospect all he does is score and get assists every game against everyone

Because he's playing with 15 year old phenom Connor McDavid? Remember what Crosby did for Marc-Antoine Pouliot?

Old
11-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Hawaiinleaf

Matt Rupert 3 goals now

Closed Thread