HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

2012-2013 CIS Regular Season Discussion

Old
10-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Drummer
Better Red than Dead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood3 View Post
That's odd. The CW has a "must share tapes" rule. Plus many games are archived at CanadaWest.tv. There should be a rule requiring teams to make available any promotional items, such as game video, IMO.
I'm not saying UNB doesn't share tapes - I'm saying that Gardiner didn't like public archived tapes and that they can be accessed by out-of-conference teams to pre-scout.

Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 10:53 AM
WilcoxHound

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeShow91 View Post
Losing Blunden does suck, as well as Moore, but Ottawa is very deep this year. I thought they wouldn't be as good with Methot graduating, but they roll 4 lines. I was pre scouting Concordia today and watched their game against Ottawa, Ottawa dominated them in the first half pretty badly, the same lineup that beat McGill
You have a good thing going with RMC Snipe. Do they pay your expenses for out of town scouting assignments?

WilcoxHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 01:23 PM
SnipeShow91

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilcoxHound View Post
You have a good thing going with RMC Snipe. Do they pay your expenses for out of town scouting assignments?
I downloaded the game on a the tape trade website the OUA outsourced. Its hard to do out of town stuff since all teams play at the same time.

SnipeShow91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 12:35 PM
insider007
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantfather View Post
Boy,you are some quick Wilcox Hound|

Fair play is fair and ALL teams should be required to document their practices. I am quite sure that NOTHING of this nature would never have occurred at my alma mater as their annual results would not reflect that BUT who really knows .

I wonder if a Freedom of Information request would illuminate this subject and maybe SOMEBODY should show some leadership and make such a request.
Labelling Pete Belliveau with what might be common practice seems unfair to me,what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
The issue wasn't with the recruiting of players or any players receiving additional funds/benefits. It was hockey related revenues not making its way to where they were suppose to be allocated at the University. So loss of funds not making it to the university or being spent in the hockey program always sends up a red flag and justification of termination regardless of lengthy contracts.

insider007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 02:59 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Looks like UQTR was shut down pretty good last night...losing 3-0 to Carleton and only getting 12 shots, despite 9 power plays.

UNB Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 03:11 PM
rantfather

Just what does this post.mean?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by insider007 View Post
The issue wasn't with the recruiting of players or any players receiving additional funds/benefits. It was hockey related revenues not making its way to where they were suppose to be allocated at the University. So loss of funds not making it to the university or being spent in the hockey program always sends up a red flag and justification of termination regardless of lengthy contracts.
This is a pretty TRASHY post almost suggesting something criminal.
The lack of transparency by both Dal and CIS leaves a BIG stink and should be explained.

Your explanation poster 007 does NOTHING to clarify and sullies the reputation of a renowned CIS coach.

rantfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 03:25 PM
AUS Fan

I wouldn't be so quick to slam 007, rantfather. It's his 1st post, so he either is an insider and knows something or he's full of it. Dal has stated that they are going make a disclosure to the CIS. I hope it will be reported on and the facts known then.

Don't forget that this forum is a place for facts, rumors and utter BS. I commend you on your defense of Pete, though.......

AUS Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 04:57 PM
SnipeShow91

RMC vs. Nipissing from October 19th http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcFVO1c8MFY&feature=plcp

RMC vs. Ryerson from October 20th http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytb3ZCPidbA&feature=plcp

Old
10-27-2012, 09:19 PM
SnipeShow91

RMC swept the weekend home and home with Concordia. 3-2 last night and 3-1 tonight. Highlights monday.

Old
10-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Rob

Quote:
RMC swept the weekend home and home with Concordia. 3-2 last night and 3-1 tonight. Highlights monday.
Congratualtions on back to back wins.

Concordia looked like they had a half decent team this year too.

Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 03:15 PM
Rob

UQTR 3 Ottawa 2 (ot) -

Just watched the third period and ot. I like Sunday games as it give us a chance to see other conferences in action. Although I usually get to see some Canada West games if I come directly home after our own game.

Old
10-28-2012, 04:36 PM
SnipeShow91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Congratualtions on back to back wins.

Concordia looked like they had a half decent team this year too.
Their #1 goalie Nick Champion left the team before the friday's game for undisclosed reasons. But we out worked them for 120 minutes straight

Old
10-30-2012, 10:19 AM
Dutch

Quote:
Their #1 goalie Nick Champion left the team before the friday's game for undisclosed reasons. But we out worked them for 120 minutes straight
Coach told me earlier this season that he suffered a groin injury and was also out of shape from not having anywhere to train during summer. That might be a reason behind it.

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 02:21 AM
SnipeShow91

RMC at Concordia October 26th, 2012....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrRBABk525o

Concordia at RMC October 27th, 2012....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhVsh222iNA&feature=plcp

Old
11-03-2012, 12:43 AM
Rob

OUA:
Carleton 6 Lakehead 2
McGill 2 York 0
Laurier 4 RMC 2
Waterloo 2 UQTR 1 (so)
Western 5 Nipissing 1
Queen's 6 Brock 4
UOIT 4 Concordia 3
Windsor 5 Toronto 3

Canada West:
Alberta 6 Mount Royal 2

There are a handful of OUA games on in the web in the afternoon tomorrow:

http://oua.ca/index.aspx?path=mhockey

Old
11-03-2012, 01:27 AM
Dutch

If anyone speaks french (or at least, understands it), feel free to give us your comments of the UQTR games broadcast. Hope you guys enjoy it.

As for tonight's game between UQTR and Waterloo, it was a great shutdown, agressive game. Hartigan was incredible, Gelinas was great, and both teams put on a performance that could easily sell CIS hockey as best kept secret in hockey.

Last edited by Dutch: 11-03-2012 at 01:34 AM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 07:12 PM
SnipeShow91

There is a deal in place to move Brampton to North Bay, is there enough room for 3 teams (Batallion, Lakers and Trappers) in the Memorial Gardens?

Old
11-06-2012, 06:12 PM
SnipeShow91

Wilfird Laurier @ RMC Highlights from November 2nd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okUEZTAiIew

UOIT @ RMC Highlights from November 3rd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLmiXXLXmpI

Old
11-09-2012, 05:39 PM
northvanman

It's been a long time since anyone has said this, but with east-west crossovers happening again this weekend, there a number of compelling games in the OUA this weekend:

Friday:
McGill at Western
UQTR at Lakehead
Ottawa at Waterloo

Saturday
Carleton at Waterloo
UQTR at Lakehead
Ottawa at Western

This is a really interesting weekend - it's been tough to get a read on all 7 of these teams. Maybe a couple of them emerge as being above the rest, maybe they all beat up on each other. Will be fun to watch.

northvanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 09:32 PM
thook

Quote:
Originally Posted by northvanman View Post
It's been a long time since anyone has said this, but with east-west crossovers happening again this weekend, there a number of compelling games in the OUA this weekend:

Friday:
McGill at Western
UQTR at Lakehead
Ottawa at Waterloo

Saturday
Carleton at Waterloo
UQTR at Lakehead
Ottawa at Western

This is a really interesting weekend - it's been tough to get a read on all 7 of these teams. Maybe a couple of them emerge as being above the rest, maybe they all beat up on each other. Will be fun to watch.
Uqtr and Lakehead was a pretty decent game. Uqtr won in a shootout. I would say Lakehead deserved a better fate in this one. Lakehead really played well in the first but had a bit of a let down in the second. Lakehead out played them again in the third. LU hit 3 posts in this game and a 4th in in the shoot out. Uqtr hit a post in the second that was originally waved off and the reversed and called a goal. Strange one there. Refs were not very good tonight and made some strange calls. Uqtr is a very cheep team... Really dislike watching teams like that. Chippy, chirpy and taking dives.... Really not my style of hockey.

thook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Rob

Western beats McGill 8-4.

Old
11-10-2012, 07:52 AM
northvanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Western beats McGill 8-4.
Because of the combination of the unbalanced schedule each year and the old OUA Far West and Far East not crossing over to play each other for several years, this was the first regular season game between Western and McGill since the early 90's. It also ends a string of 6 consecutive exhbitition and playoff McGill victories over Western dating back to the 2009 Nationals

Old
11-10-2012, 12:15 PM
mikeandI

Quote:
There is a deal in place to move Brampton to North Bay, is there enough room for 3 teams (Batallion, Lakers and Trappers) in the Memorial Gardens?
This has to be a concern for the upstart Lakers? They are a privately funded team that appeared to be having a few financial hiccups in the spring. I had the same question regarding Lakehead U when Junior was rumored to be coming back to downtown TBay. I would say the Lakers are not solid enough to with stand the return of the OHL. Anyone know?
I also was worried for UNB when Major Junior was or is still snooping around Freddy Beach, but I understand it is the University's rink so they are in a position of strength is that correct? Private University operations are way to risky unless you are Laval Football IMO.
Although
Maybe that is what is needed to revitalize some University teams like Alberta football? What in heavens name is going on there? Another new coaching search, no player recruitment...
The CIS for the most part is really glorified campus rec. We on these blogs treat it special but for the most part the University admin type dont give it the time of day, English as a second language is a bigger deal than the CIS, they are just a pain to most of them.
AB football is a great example. Tough to watch that unfold again!

mikeandI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 02:30 PM
RED ARMY EAST

Fredericton arena's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandI View Post
This has to be a concern for the upstart Lakers? They are a privately funded team that appeared to be having a few financial hiccups in the spring. I had the same question regarding Lakehead U when Junior was rumored to be coming back to downtown TBay. I would say the Lakers are not solid enough to with stand the return of the OHL. Anyone know?
I also was worried for UNB when Major Junior was or is still snooping around Freddy Beach, but I understand it is the University's rink so they are in a position of strength is that correct? Private University operations are way to risky unless you are Laval Football IMO.
Although
Maybe that is what is needed to revitalize some University teams like Alberta football? What in heavens name is going on there? Another new coaching search, no player recruitment...
The CIS for the most part is really glorified campus rec. We on these blogs treat it special but for the most part the University admin type dont give it the time of day, English as a second language is a bigger deal than the CIS, they are just a pain to most of them.
AB football is a great example. Tough to watch that unfold again!
UNB owns the AUC. It's capacity is just under 4,000 and is the only facility that could host a major junior team. The two other new arena's ( Grant Harvey, Willie O'Ree centres) are 1,500 plus 500 standing room. These are too small to attract Major Junior.

RED ARMY EAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 08:50 AM
northvanman

With the OUA east-west cross-overs now complete, a somewhat clearer picture about the strenght within the league is starting to show:

1. The West had their way with the East this year, sporting a 25-10-1 record (a number of games went past 60 minutes, with the record for the East at 11-19-6). Two points separate 1st through 4th in the West, and 7 points separate 1st through 8th.

2. There does not appear to be a dominant team in the East, meaning there could be a tight and interesting race between UQTR, McGill, Ottawa, and Carleton. Toronto's early season run of no losses in regulation is looking more and more like they just had a good stretch of games. Still, they may end up in the mix for top spot as well.

3. Windsor sits atop the West at 8-2-0, altough they've had a fairly light schedule so far. But, they were strong down the stretch last year have continued to play well

4. After a slow start, Western seems to be finding themselves now having won 5 straight wins, including strong wins over both Ottawa and McGill.

5. Guelph was the team last year that I could never get a handle on. They looked good on paper but could not put wins together (that team this year seems to be Waterloo). Guelph looks good so far this year.

6. One of the most pleasant surprises so far is Laurier, who after a dismal year last year, are sitting at 4-5-1, including wins over Carleton and Windsor.