HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Syracuse Crunch vs Hamilton Bulldogs-7:30 pm EST- Game is at the Bell Centre

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2012, 01:35 AM
TroyM

vCash: 500
Man, hope Geoffrion is okay. That was a ridiculously big hit... sounds like its worse than it looked too. Poor kid... and poor Hamilton.

Corbin was bad tonight, Mayer was great, I thought Gallagher and Dumont showed some nice things. Great to see Quailer snap the first one home, hopefully some flood gates open soon.

All in all, not as boring as last game against the Crunch, but they looked completely outmatched in every capacity. Yeesh. Next game can't come soon enough, and a new opponent.

Old
11-10-2012, 02:19 AM
Beendair Donedat

And could everyone just spell QUAILER's name right instead of turning him into Qualier???

It's incredibly annoying.

Hopefully Geoffion makes a speedy and complete recovery.

Old
11-10-2012, 02:33 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
And could everyone just spell QUAILER's name right instead of turning him into Qualier???

It's incredibly annoying.

Hopefully Geoffion makes a speedy and complete recovery.
Qualier would look great with Higgens and Georges.

Old
11-10-2012, 06:23 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Is it just me of Michel Langevin was beyond bad doing the play by play? He don't understand the game very well...

Old
11-10-2012, 06:55 AM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsPassion View Post
LMAO I love how your basing all of this on ONE GAME. Typical Habs Fans.. Its enough honestly. Soo Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis and seemingly much of the team have a bad game, but that does not make them AHL Caliber? They are 4-4-1, thats not too shabby for being as young as they are.

Beaulieu has been playing very well. I unfortunately did not watch the game, but to come out here and say "Beaulieu is awful" and all that, then you wonder why players wanna leave. Lets phrase that differently.. "Beaulieu had a bad game".

P.S Hope everything is alright with Blake, and my thoughts are with him and his family.
Ellis has been that bad since the start of his season. I get that he missed a few games, but he cannot make a decent pass, looks lost in his zone, loses all his battle, etc.

Now your reaction to my post is ridiculous.

Old
11-10-2012, 07:04 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Ellis has been that bad since the start of his season. I get that he missed a few games, but he cannot make a decent pass, looks lost in his zone, loses all his battle, etc.

Now your reaction to my post is ridiculous.
What you wrote was ridiculous to begin with. It was the worst game from Ellis yesterday since his beginning in the AHL, that's for sure, but before that he was actually pretty decent. You liked Gallagher yesterday ? You're right, he was pretty good. Though, he was beyond bad in his first 2 games, I guess he didn't belong in the AHL then, should have been sent to the ECHL ? Oops...

Old
11-10-2012, 07:09 AM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Why is Tinordi fighting goons when Stortini is in the lineup.
because Gudas is not a goon

Old
11-10-2012, 07:20 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Damn those Syracuse guys play physical. Much more than the guys on the big club.

Old
11-10-2012, 07:31 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Just like the real Habs, once again intimidated.

Old
11-10-2012, 08:03 AM
Beendair Donedat

Mike Blunden half heartedly got in there but he's Tommy K bad at fighting... Tinordi hammered Gudas.

Old
11-10-2012, 08:05 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Pretty much what it felt like.

Old
11-10-2012, 08:09 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Mike Blunden half heartedly got in there but he's Tommy K bad at fighting... Tinordi hammered Gudas.
Gudas is not really a fighter. And where the **** was Stortini ? I hate that the Habs and baby Habs get intimidated in Montreal. Makes NO sense.

Old
11-10-2012, 08:16 AM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Gudas is not really a fighter. And where the **** was Stortini ? I hate that the Habs and baby Habs get intimidated in Montreal. Makes NO sense.
Tinordi didn't look "intimidated" at all and Gudas has 29 Fights over the last two seasons and 4 so far this year. He's a lot more seasoned in that department.

Old
11-10-2012, 08:22 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Tinordi didn't look "intimidated" at all and Gudas has 29 Fights over the last two seasons and 4 so far this year. He's a lot more seasoned in that department.
Yes, what i meant was he is not a goon, unlike Stortini, he can actually play hockey.

So, i am still wondering this morning where Stortini went last night ?

Old
11-10-2012, 09:08 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
On which planet are you guys living in? It's called being outplayed....has nothing to do with being intimidated. And if they were, they weren't intimidated with the physical play but with the other team's TALENT. So 1 big hit because a guy keeps looking at his feet and they're intimidated?

Old
11-10-2012, 09:09 AM
bud12

Gudas have 1 win in 9 fights last year. Not exacly what I call a great fighter......

Old
11-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
Not sure I would want any of the five rookie defenseman playing in the ECHL - but I agree with the forwards. I would of liked to see couple of career AHL'er who can score added to this team.
You clearly don't send Tinordi and Beaulieu in the ECHL as you need them to develop as quickly and good as possible. But I would have had no problem with Ellis and/or Pateryn going in the ECHL for now, even if it's just 1 year. With the injuries, you know that anyway, they'll end up with the Dogs squad as we already seeing it with Stejskal. But up front? They missed the boat. It's one thing to learn and develop. It's another to know your role and develop in a winning environment. With the lack of results, you'll then see players trying to do too much and it won't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
It may end up looking bad on Bergevin that he didn't add a Nigel Dawes on offense and Alex Henry on defense to his AHL roster.

That decision is on him.
Well not really at least for those 2, they left, so we have no idea if they were interested in staying. But other guys were available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I dont think anyone is giving up on the kids, but only trying to give a proper evaluation of their game at the moment thats all... The Tinordi Ellis pairing has been playing alot lately and you clearly see that Tinordi is playing at a much better level than his partner right now.. Bournival has been looking lost lately, isnt that the truth? No scoring chances in the last 2 games and looks lost on the ice, nothing against the kid, Im a fan as well, but I mean, you have to call a dog a dog.. Thats a pretty young team I think we all agree on this and tonight we could see a Calder cup champion against a bunch of baby rookies, I think we got quite outplayed in all areas of the game, we were just not in the same league..
I can tell you that some seems to imply this and it would be real funny to get that thread out the day those guys play in the league and do well. And what people are giving is NOT a proper evaluation. Ellis lost a whole lot of time lately. If it's good for an incredibly junior kid playing junioirs like Gally (and it was fine), it has to be good for a d-man coming out of JUNIORS. And at the very freakin worst, Tinordi was ALWAYS to be much better than Ellis. Having said all of that, Ellis will be a NHL'er. Might take more time but he will be. Ellis like most of them needs to work on his foot speed and agility. So he is lost because what he doesn't have in confidence right now and positional play, he doesn't have it with speed either. Just like people being down on Tinordi when they had no idea what was going as we are saying Tinordi evolve in front of our very own eyes. But no, he makes 3 blunders, and he sucks. That's not a proper evaluation. Bournival looks lost....okay. See, this ROOKIE, was not suppose to be the one that had to make this offensive work. Because of the vets we didn't get, he is now a centerpiece of the offense and hasn't done it....lately. Not close to be his role but guess what...he'll end up doing it.

So we were not indeed in the same league. But again, people underestimated the power of this lockout. Can't wait for a real proper evaulation the day everybody who should be in the NHL are. So that we'll see what this AHL team is really about. And then imagine next year with 1 year of experience. Just take the Crunch team. Who were playing yesterday that ALREADY figures in the Tampa Bay roster? Brown, Connolly and Wyman. Strong chance they'll play in the NHL this year. Who else could easily surprise and have a spot? Panik, Palat, and Conacher. Most guys in there are playing a key role with this Syracuse team. Now you look at our roster.....Our lines are already set. Possibilities for us...Gallagher, Leblanc, Blunden, Geoffrion and St-Denis. Yet, really? We all know both Gallagher and Leblanc aren't on the cards and need 1 full AHL year. Blunden doesn't even play a key role in Hamilton. Only Geoffrion could go from a decisive AHL'er to a non-NHL factor.....And he won't make it. And don't talk about Palushaj, he's about to get another chance with another team....Dogs biggest loss would be St-Denis. Yet again, where's the room for him? Key role in Hamilton or not playing in Montreal?

People should take some time to look at the Top scorers of the AHL and just think of how many of those guys are gone the day the NHL resumes.....And at least have a very good shot and at worst be the 1st callup when injuries strikes. So that people understand that the day any of those guys leaves, their team will take a tremendous drop compared to us who we don't have anybody who will play with us when the lockout ends and that no matter who you call in case of an injury, chances are the others, who are almost at the same level of the guy that will be called up, will pick up the slack for him.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 11-10-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old
11-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You clearly don't send Tinordi and Beaulieu in the ECHL as you need them to develop as quickly and good as possible. But I would have had no problem with Ellis and/or Pateryn going in the ECHL for now, even if it's just 1 year. With the injuries, you know that anyway, they'll end up with the Dogs squad as we already seeing it with Stejskal. But up front? They missed the boat. It's one thing to learn and develop. It's another to know your role and develop in a winning environment. With the lack of results, you'll then see players trying to do too much and it won't help. We needed a
Not to beat a dead horse, but the team is competitive defensively. I am really excited to have 5 rookies on D, a great blend of size, mobility, and puck skills. High level competition is the most significant factor that influences development. Being able to provide this to our rookies in the AHL without the pressure of the NHL will pay huge dividends in the future.

All we should care about is how the players arrive in the NHL. It amazes me how many here only watch our prospects through the prism of wins and losses. Finally the Habs have a true development organization where they don't need to rush players to the NHL.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Hope to see Tinordi's fight on youtube!

Closed Thread