Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Moncton Wildcats

Old
11-07-2012, 09:41 PM
wings5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
The Moncton Wildcats have released goaltender Spencer Tremblay. The Wildcats signed 19 year old goaltender Cole Holowenko from Penticton, BC.

Cole is 6’2” 190lbs and played 47 games last season with the Prince Albert Raiders in the WHL. He had a 3.98GAA and a .890 Save Percentage.

“This was an opportunity to add an experienced 19 year old goalie to our lineup. Cole was a starter in Prince Albert, played over 2300 minutes and gives us an experienced partner for Alex Dubeau.”

He's expected to be in the line up Friday against BLB.
Cole seems to have awful stats everywhere he's played, just horrible.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:55 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Well Prince Albert haven't been very good over the years...

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 08:43 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
I noticed that as well. Hard to say though , look at Shane Owen. He had horrid stats then was one of the leagues best goaltenders in the QMJHL. Prince Albert was a team that won very few games. The main thing about this guy is that he's 19 years old and was a starting goalie last season. I think he could bring quite a bit to a team that has a younger starter.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 11:40 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Via Mikael Lalancette:

Dubeau has a minor injury and they've called up Grady Grant to backup the new addition Holowenko. Hopefully our new tender is decent or this could be disaterous

Old
11-08-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Via Mikael Lalancette:

Dubeau has a minor injury and they've called up Grady Grant to backup the new addition Holowenko. Hopefully our new tender is decent or this could be disaterous
Looking forward to seeing this game

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 12:24 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Looking forward to seeing this game
Looking for revenge ?

Old
11-09-2012, 11:32 PM
RJQuack

yeah well they got it... No Dubeau though...

9-4 Armada. Moncton need a trusty backup... And a collection of other things.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 08:15 AM
chsb

Moncton need a new GM.

The way he handled the goaltender situation in the last 2-3 years is pure improvisation.
He was lucky to find a solid FA in 10-11 and a solid Euro last year.

This time around he does not even have a backup to rely upon and Dubeau has been ordinary so far to say the least.

For the outstanding team which was supposed to be top 4, I come back on my prediction that they needed quite a few extra parts in order to contend and they close to emptied the cupboards to get Narbonne.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 09:11 AM
theq

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
Moncton need a new GM.

The way he handled the goaltender situation in the last 2-3 years is pure improvisation.

This time around he does not even have a backup to rely upon and Dubeau has been ordinary so far to say the least.

For the outstanding team which was supposed to be top 4, I come back on my prediction that they needed quite a few extra parts in order to contend and they close to emptied the cupboards to get Narbonne.
i saw the game yesterday
and it was really the goaltender a least 7 easy easy goal soo if it was dubeau it would have another game and Racine was injure in the 3 period !

theq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 09:13 AM
theq

Update Racine not in the lineup day to day case should be ok for next game

due to injury yesterday

theq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 09:24 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Moncton need a new GM.

Ah please! LGM makes him look like a god

Old
11-10-2012, 09:25 AM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by theq View Post
i saw the game yesterday
and it was really the goaltender a least 7 easy easy goal soo if it was dubeau it would have another game and Racine was injure in the 3 period !
I concur that Dubeau is probably a better goaltender and he is the key to this team when he is missing...but injuries happen and there was no contingency plan in that eventuality.
Dubeau has not been outstanding either so far....

Old
11-10-2012, 09:27 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
I concur that Dubeau is probably a better goaltender and he is the key to this team when he is missing...but injuries happen and there was no contingency plan in that eventuality.
Dubeau has not been outstanding either so far....
Check his stats since October 12th, you'll notice there better than Bathurst's duo's.
He's picked it up since then and has been nothing short than stellar. For someone that knows soo little about our team, you do an awful lots of talking. That's probably the cause of not having another Titan fan to talk hockey.

Old
11-10-2012, 09:37 AM
chsb

Quote:
Check his stats since October 12th, you'll notice there better than Bathurst's duo's.
He's picked it up since then and has been nothing short than stellar. For someone that knows soo little about our team, you do an awful lots of talking. That's probably the cause of not having another Titan fan to talk hockey.
Brennan> Dubeau so far this season and you were the one telling all od us about the weakness in goals for theTitan...
Dubeau = inconsistent so far.

Old
11-10-2012, 09:47 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Brennan> Dubeau so far this season and you were the one telling all od us about the weakness in goals for theTitan...
Dubeau = inconsistent so far.
Moncton Wildcats>Bathurst Titan
Bathurst= inconsistant

Pre Oct.10th Brennan>Dubeau

After Oct.10th Dubeau>Brennan

Old
11-10-2012, 10:51 AM
chsb

Quote:
Moncton Wildcats>Bathurst Titan
Bathurst= inconsistant

Pre Oct.10th Brennan>Dubeau

After Oct.10th Dubeau>Brennan
Listen both these teams are what they are: tied at 22 points so far and both are underwhelming...I think we can agree with that.

As for goaltending, you went for the major part of two months telling everybody that it was a Titan weakness and so far it has been a strength...

Now I will not spend the afternoon singing the praise of a guy who has been inconsistent to say the least since the beginning of the season and is now injured.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:26 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Listen both these teams are what they are: tied at 22 points so far and both are underwhelming...I think we can agree with that.

As for goaltending, you went for the major part of two months telling everybody that it was a Titan weakness and so far it has been a strength...

Now I will not spend the afternoon singing the praise of a guy who has been inconsistent to say the least since the beginning of the season and is now injured.
The Wildcats do have a higher winning percentage because you fail to mention Bathurst has played an extra game to get the same amount of points.As far as goaltender is concerned , like mentioned above Dubeau has picked up his play and has had better stats in the past 8 games than Brennan. By the end of the season we'll se which goalie is better. You just can't base a goaltender's season on the first half dozen games like your doing , I'm not sure if you know there's 68 games on the schedule. Everyone, execpt you, will agree that the Wildcats are a much better team than their record shows. This includes your head coach(Eric Dubois). The Titan are pretty well where everyone predicted , a .500 mid pack hockey team that is okay but never good enough

Old
11-10-2012, 02:45 PM
chsb

Quote:
The Wildcats do have a higher winning percentage because you fail to mention Bathurst has played an extra game to get the same amount of points.As far as goaltender is concerned , like mentioned above Dubeau has picked up his play and has had better stats in the past 8 games than Brennan. By the end of the season we'll se which goalie is better. You just can't base a goaltender's season on the first half dozen games like your doing , I'm not sure if you know there's 68 games on the schedule. Everyone, execpt you, will agree that the Wildcats are a much better team than their record shows. This includes your head coach(Eric Dubois). The Titan are pretty well where everyone predicted , a .500 mid pack hockey team that is okay but never good enough
You say to not judge a goaltender on a small portion of calendar and yet bring a small portion of 8 games to say Dubeau was better than Brennan.
So you say your team is better than its results so far and I say the same about the Titan....both teams have been underwhelming.

Old
11-10-2012, 04:52 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
You say to not judge a goaltender on a small portion of calendar and yet bring a small portion of 8 games to say Dubeau was better than Brennan.
So you say your team is better than its results so far and I say the same about the Titan....both teams have been underwhelming.
That's the difference YOU say that but you're the only one. People actually agree the Wildcats are much better than their record shows..
Oh ya.. How are you guys doing tonight against the new expansion team Sherbrooke

Last edited by WildcatMapleLeafs28: 11-10-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old
11-10-2012, 06:20 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I'd take Dubeau over Brennan in a heartbeat...

Also, Dubeau= Of Pretty

Old
11-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

vCash: 50
Quote:

Why don't you start a thread on the Titan and you can talk to yourself about how great your team is rather than derail this thread with your whining about the Wildcats.

Fixed to Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 07:00 PM
RJQuack

Brennan's save % is 8.70 (last 13-14 games) since his hot start and McDonald's a rookie so don't expect much from him, despite his high ceiling in the future...

So he hasn't been much better than Dubeau. Both have been shaky at times...

One thing is evident, Bathurst gives up ALOT of shots every game... I know you won't agree with it, but after Sherbrooke and Shawi, the Titan have one of the worst D corps in the league. Maybe the worst... I know you've addressed it as a need chsb, but this factors into how the goalies play.

Last edited by RJQuack: 11-10-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old
11-10-2012, 08:16 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Brennan's save % is 8.70 since his hot start (13-14 games) and McDonald's a rookie so don't expect much from him, despite his high ceiling in the future...

So he hasn't been much better than Dubeau. Both have been shaky at times...

One thing is evident, Bathurst gives up ALOT of shots every game... I know you won't agree with it, but after Sherbrooke and Shawi, the Titan have one of the worst D corps in the league. Maybe the worst... I know you've addressed it as a need chsb, but this factors into how the goalies play.
Well a bad D is great for a goalies development...

Btw did you get my pm I sent you ?

Old
11-10-2012, 11:19 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by devils4cup View Post
Why don't you start a thread on the Titan and you can talk to yourself about how great your team is rather than derail this thread with your whining about the Wildcats.
because if the Titan are embarrassed like they were today, he'll forget all the troubles of his own team and take down the Cats, trying to put the Titan ahead of them...

Old
11-11-2012, 08:50 AM
PG

Moncton 6 Gatineau 2

Was at the game last night in the town formerly known as Hull.....Cats took advantage of some weak goaltending and built a 3-0 lead on 4 shots....Holowenko not flashy but made some key stops.....Jaskin continues to show he is the real deal...twins looked off tonight......Barbashev showed he is no wallflower and handled his opponent well in a third period tilt

PG is offline   Reply With Quote