HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Games you are currently playing The Third

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2012, 10:04 AM
mitch27

vCash: 500
Skyrim and College Hoops 2K8. Love both of these games.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:16 AM
Frankie Spankie

Starter Hitman: Blood Money and finished the first mission. It seems a lot slower than the previous versions and the controls are awkward. Seriously feels like they built it just for consoles and then threw it on PC too. The first mission, while it was more of a tutorial than anything else, felt like an interactive movie. Hopefully the other missions pick it up a bit but after the first mission, I'm pretty disappointed. Hope Absolution isn't like this but from what I've seen on Absolution, the movements all look a lot better. Just worried about controls at this point.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Qurpiz
Unregistered Abuser

vCash: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Spankie View Post
Starter Hitman: Blood Money and finished the first mission. It seems a lot slower than the previous versions and the controls are awkward. Seriously feels like they built it just for consoles and then threw it on PC too. The first mission, while it was more of a tutorial than anything else, felt like an interactive movie. Hopefully the other missions pick it up a bit but after the first mission, I'm pretty disappointed. Hope Absolution isn't like this but from what I've seen on Absolution, the movements all look a lot better. Just worried about controls at this point.
It'll definitely get better, the missions I mean. As for controls, you can map them pretty good for your liking, even so, they are... clumsy to put it nicely.

It's a damn fine game, otherwise

Old
11-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Frankie Spankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qurpiz View Post
It'll definitely get better, the missions I mean. As for controls, you can map them pretty good for your liking, even so, they are... clumsy to put it nicely.

It's a damn fine game, otherwise
Yeah, I figured the missions would get better but the controls are just ridiculous. There's like three action keys and it gets confusing. Also no toggle run/sneak bothers me a lot.

Old
11-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Thinking about getting NHL 08, 09 or 10. Which one is generally regarded the best out of those three? Are the 2K games worth checking out? Which NHL game had the KHL team in it?

Last edited by Jovavic: 11-10-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old
11-11-2012, 11:30 AM
blue425

Gunstar Heroes is being played obsessively. If the game has a flaw it is you cannot switch between free and fixed shot on the fly.

Hard Corps: Uprising, another gem by Arc System, is on the horizon. If you like run n gun you owe it to yourself to play it. It is one of the greatest ever.

Old
11-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Frankie Spankie

Starter Closure earlier today and am very glad I bought it. I do love my puzzle/platformers, especially when they try something different that works so perfectly. It's not really much as far as horror goes aside from the music and having it black and white with most of it black. But wow, just the concept behind the game is so simple yet awesome.

You carry around an orb of light which only lights up a small radius of the screen. The rest of it is black unless there are other light sources and if it's black, that means no platforms. If you know there's a platform there but it's dark, you fall to your death. You have to manipulate the light to give yourself a path to take or else you'll just die before you reach the exit.

Old
11-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Hizaki
Swifty

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES...$4.99 on PSN is a steal! Always wanted to play these games.

Also, just got PS3 move (LBP2 bundle) so I've been playing Sports Champions...lots of fun. Just picked up Grand Slam Tennis 2 as well.

Finished Spec Ops: The Line. Messing around in Sleeping Dogs and Serious Sam 3 here and there.

Old
11-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Played some 360 exclusive demos and the results were kinda suprising...

Shadow Complex - LOVED IT. Felt like old school Metroid. Would get it but it's 1200 points, or 15 dollars, and that's alot for a four year (?) download game...how long is it?

Tropico 4 - Hilarious. Should I get the Gold edition with all the DLC or save twenty bucks and get the vanilla used?

Bastion - Don't get the hype. The narrator is unique and pretty funny but the gameplay was rather simple...it is on sale for 600 points till the 22nd, so I dunno.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
picked up fallout 3 GOTY edition 2 weeks ago on amazon for 10 bucks.. Been playing since

Still one of my favorite games ever

Old
11-17-2012, 07:41 AM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina View Post
Played some 360 exclusive demos and the results were kinda suprising...

Shadow Complex - LOVED IT. Felt like old school Metroid. Would get it but it's 1200 points, or 15 dollars, and that's alot for a four year (?) download game...how long is it?

Tropico 4 - Hilarious. Should I get the Gold edition with all the DLC or save twenty bucks and get the vanilla used?

Bastion - Don't get the hype. The narrator is unique and pretty funny but the gameplay was rather simple...it is on sale for 600 points till the 22nd, so I dunno.
Holy ****! I played the F out of SC when it was released. I'm a sucker for Metroid style games too. You'll probably get 12-15 hours on your first play through, with subsequent games taking shorter due to your increased stats (if I remember correctly)

There was a glitch when the demo was released that allows(ed) you to play the entire game without buying it, but it had to be done in one sitting.

Even if it is $15 I highly recommend it.

Don't have to take my word for it though

Old
11-17-2012, 10:36 AM
Ziggyjoe21

Send a message via AIM to Ziggyjoe21
Witcher 2.

I thought it would be more open world, but it's very linear thus far. However, you can make choices based on what you say in conversation. According to video reviews of this game, your choices have a heavy impact on the game's outcome, which I really like.

So far I really like it. Great graphics in cut scenes, pretty fun combat (although repetitive), and prob most important to me, great plot and story telling.

Old
11-19-2012, 12:52 PM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

vCash: 738
Saints Row the Third Complete Edition

Say what you want about the over the top stuff, the game is just straight up fun.

Old
11-19-2012, 01:55 PM
Clock

Beat Borderlands. Fun game. I'll buy / play the second one when it inevitably goes on sale for Steam's summer sale.

Now playing Deus Ex HR. After killing every officer in the police building because I set the alarm off and just kept going, my character is now a weird dude who is very nice in conversation but will murder you ruthlessly if you dare pull a gun on him. I love the health mechanics of it (you can't take too many shots, headshots are key).

Next up after Deus Ex is Just Cause 2.

Old
11-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Just picked up All of the silent hill games on PS3, including the HD remastered one, house of the dead overkill.. Love playing survival horror games

Old
11-21-2012, 08:30 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
Still working on the Assassin's Creed games. I've almost finished the first one, I have the second one done and a bit of Brotherhood done.

I just picked up Revelations for when I finish up those three and I also happened to pick up Dark Souls. People weren't kidding about this game's difficulty.

With those purchases it brings me up to about 10 games I have to finish:

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Dead Space
Dark Souls
Star Wars the Force Unleashed II
Just Cause 2
Batman: Arkham City
Oblivion
Skyrim
Fallout 3
Mass Effect 3

Any ideas on where I should start? Maybe quick games like Dead Space first and leave the long ones for the end?

Old
11-21-2012, 09:17 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
Still working on the Assassin's Creed games. I've almost finished the first one, I have the second one done and a bit of Brotherhood done.

I just picked up Revelations for when I finish up those three and I also happened to pick up Dark Souls. People weren't kidding about this game's difficulty.

Dead Space
Dark Souls
Just Cause 2
Oblivion
Skyrim
Fallout 3
Mass Effect 3

Any ideas on where I should start? Maybe quick games like Dead Space first and leave the long ones for the end?
Personally I try and play two different games in two different genres at the same time. Maybe mix it up by going with Oblivion and Dead Space. While playing Oblivion you could finish like 4 shooters in that span.

Old
11-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Unholy Diver

Resistance 3
Super Mario Bros Wii U

Old
11-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Inub0i
I will Q

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Gary's Mod

Old
11-22-2012, 01:10 AM
glasgow26

Halo 4, Uncharted 3 and NBA 2k13. Kind of craving for a RPG though. I still have Dark Souls, Two Worlds 2, Dragon's Dogma and The Witcher 2 in my backlog.

Old
11-22-2012, 07:33 AM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inub0i View Post
Gary's Mod
Really need to get my pc working again. HL2 mods are ridiculous amounts of fun.

Old
11-22-2012, 09:32 AM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

vCash: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post

Dead Space
Dark Souls
Just Cause 2
Oblivion
Skyrim
Fallout 3
Mass Effect 3

I would burn through the quick ones first because once you get into Skyrim, and especially Mass Effect and Fallout 3, two of the greatest games of all time you will sink months into those three alone.

Batman you can burn through in a couple days easily.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:40 PM
Inub0i
I will Q

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
DmC Demo

Old
11-24-2012, 01:59 AM
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

vCash: 90
Call of Duty World at War on Veteran

Old
11-24-2012, 03:40 AM
Inub0i
I will Q

Okami HD
THE DEFINITIVE VERSION

Totally worth the $$$ shelled.

Closed Thread