HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The All-Purpose Bryz Thread #6

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2012, 08:59 PM
CSKA1974

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
This was credited to him on the philly.com site? That's plagiarism and it's also really stupid. What if you made some things up.
Judge for yourself.

Here is my post of 11/3/2012:

Iliya Bryzgalov: You have been writing filth about me.

As reported by Sportbox.ru

Philadelphia Flyers goalkeeper Iliya Bryzgalov, who is currently playing for the CSKA, refused an interview after 6-2 victory over “Amur”

IB: What do you want me to say? You have been writing filth about me and now you are asking for an interview! Look around; there are so many good players. You can communicate with them, why me? In reality my, wife Zhenya forbade me from giving interviews and so did my parents. If you call them in Tolyatti and they give you their permission, then I might do it. Do you think I am joking? No. I am not joking in this case. I am telling the truth.

Q: At least share your impressions about the game.

IB: What impression are you talking about? I did not work hard. Even my uniform is dry. You can touch it yourself just to make sure.

Here is Frank's version printed on 11/8/2012 in Daily News:
According to Sportbox.ru, the conversation went like this:

Question: Can you talk about the win tonight?

Bryzgalov: What do you want me to say? You've been writing filth about me and now you are asking for an interview. Go look around; there are so many good players. You can go talk to them. Why me? In reality, my wife, Zhenya, forbade me from giving interviews and so did my parents. If you call them in Togliatti and they give you their permission, then I might do it. Do you think I'm joking? No, I'm not joking in this case. I am telling the truth.

Question: At least share your impressions about the game?

Bryzgalov: What impression are you talking about? I didn't have to work hard. Even my uniform is dry. You can touch it yourself if you want just to make sure.

Last edited by CSKA1974: 11-08-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old
11-08-2012, 10:55 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
I think he should start making things up here and there, and throwing them randomly in. Then wait and see who picks it up, and expose the buffoon.
That happened on an OHL site years ago. Someone made up something that was believable and a beat writer for an OHL team wrote about it as if he had a scoop.

Old
11-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
That happened on an OHL site years ago. Someone made up something that was believable and a beat writer for an OHL team wrote about it as if he had a scoop.
How did that turn out for the writer?

Old
11-09-2012, 08:24 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Mr Ouellethedogsout needs to respond to this accusation of plagiarism.

Old
11-09-2012, 02:15 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
How did that turn out for the writer?
I think he's still employed.

Old
11-10-2012, 03:22 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

With Ovi and Kovi and possibly other Russian players defecting back to Russia maybe this could be a way the Flyers could get rid of Bryz. just need the KHL to give him a huge salary and the NHL to cut present salaries and presto! Problem solved.

Old
11-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanz View Post
With Ovi and Kovi and possibly other Russian players defecting back to Russia maybe this could be a way the Flyers could get rid of Bryz. just need the KHL to give him a huge salary and the NHL to cut present salaries and presto! Problem solved.
You think there is a team out there will to pay 6 million a season for Bryz over the next 7 years

You got me good there

Old
11-10-2012, 03:26 PM
RussianRocket10

Quote:
Be careful what you wish for.

Old
11-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
You think there is a team out there will to pay 6 million a season for Bryz over the next 7 years

You got me good there
This. His current performance in the KHL isn't going to get him that kind of money.

11-10-2012, 03:39 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post

You got me good there
Hopefully a KHL team.

Old
11-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Hopefully a KHL team.
I don't think you understand the russian league at all. People seem to have this notion that it can rival the NHL. The owners may be rich oil businessmen but that doesn't translate to the ice. It's the best league in europe no doubt, but not in a position to have more than 2-3 guys earning big bucks. There isn't a team in the league that is going to pay any goalkeeper that kind of money.

Just so you know, Robert Esche was tearing up the KHL, why pay Bryz 6 mil when you can pick up players like Esche and Bobrovsky for significantly lower salaries.

Old
11-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Ryker

Haha, the KHL youtube channel is hilarious with their video titles

Old
11-15-2012, 05:52 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
get rid of bryz and get what? you gave him 1 year with a crappy defensive system and injuries. I'm sick of hearing *****in and moaning. give a decent solution. your talking just to talk. oversimplifying a bigger problem with the flyers.

Old
11-15-2012, 08:32 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
get rid of bryz and get what? you gave him 1 year with a crappy defensive system and injuries. I'm sick of hearing *****in and moaning. give a decent solution. your talking just to talk. oversimplifying a bigger problem with the flyers.
He's on the 4th place team of the KHL West and can't land the starting position.

Old
11-15-2012, 09:00 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Haha, the KHL youtube channel is hilarious with their video titles

Actually pretty funny how the announcers pronounce Pekka Rinne...sounds like pecorino (cheese)....

Old
11-15-2012, 09:04 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
He's on the 4th place team of the KHL West and can't land the starting position.
It does seem that Rinne and Bryzgalov's styles are not well-suited for the KHL whereas the Bob types who play back in their nets and are quick post to post (athletic) are better....

I just don't know how to rate Bryz right now.....he hasn't show himself to adapt well since his trade from Phoenix whether with the Flyers and now the KHL.

Old
11-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Actually pretty funny how the announcers pronounce Pekka Rinne...sounds like pecorino (cheese)....
I think they're actually doing a good job pronouncing it Watching the video and looking up pecorino cheese, I was, however, disappointed it wasn't Swiss cheese

Old
11-15-2012, 11:42 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
I just don't know how to rate Bryz right now.....he hasn't show himself to adapt well since his trade from Phoenix whether with the Flyers and now the KHL.
I think it's hard to rate him right now due to his lack of play, a problem compounded by the fact that other teams that got NHL goalies (Dinamo Minsk, Lokomotiv, SKA) didn't have one as dominant as Stana already on the roster. So just because he can't win the starting position there doesn't really tell us he sucks, but it is true his play seemingly hasn't been really all that great (he was far from being outright bad, though, at least from what I've seen).

Old
11-16-2012, 12:43 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

Stana aside, he still has worse stats than the backup.

Old
11-16-2012, 07:01 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Different leagues. Would Bryz be better in a situation where he knows the system, like philadelphia, or a system that he was just thrust into like CKSA? I'd think now he would be closer to post-winter classic bryz if he was currently playing in the NHL.

Hell, Rinne has been pretty damn bad

11-16-2012, 01:22 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Rinne might be missing something over there

Old
11-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Rinne might be missing something over there

oddly enuf thats the same thing were missing..

Old
11-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Different leagues. Would Bryz be better in a situation where he knows the system, like philadelphia, or a system that he was just thrust into like CKSA? I'd think now he would be closer to post-winter classic bryz if he was currently playing in the NHL.

I doubt it. The replays have shown those old habits that destroyed most of his first season here. Losing track of the puck, letting in very stoppable shots from the blue line, sluggish movement.

Old
11-16-2012, 01:52 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
I doubt it. The replays have shown those old habits that destroyed most of his first season here. Losing track of the puck, letting in very stoppable shots from the blue line, sluggish movement.
And off the ice....battles with the press (some warranted) and off-color statements. I mean goalies are typically a wonky breed of humanoid but Bryz takes the cake...

To me it's really about motivation and fire to compete....he gets easily rattled it seems and doesn't bear down enough. I just worry about his compete level....it's there just not sure what it will take to bring it out of him. He seems content to retreat into his bubble world where he talks about his family, kids, dog and Tigers and bears..not to mention quantum physics/space. I mean it's all cool that he's a family man/renaissance man/wise and all but that's the kind of stuff you want to maybe hear out of an old retired person/coach/etc....

Old
11-17-2012, 08:43 PM
teegale
Hartnell Down!

Oh the stories I've heard about this guy courtesy of Freddy Cassivi. I truly wish i could repeat some of them on here. Seeing 24/7 doesn't even do justice for how crazy he truly is.

Closed Thread