HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Mackinnon + Drouin vs. Etem + Shinkaruk

Old
11-10-2012, 08:51 AM
mapes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson12 View Post
two years in a row with teammates potentially going top 5? has that ever happened before?
Don't know but only twice since 74 teammates went top 3. The Sedins and last year so be interesting if he goes top 3

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 08:55 AM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjh View Post
Can playing in a dynamic duo really raise your draft status? What are people seeing in Drouin this year that they didn't see last year? Has Shinkaruk lost some intrigue without his allstar linemate?

Comments welcome from people who have seen either player live.
Well Drouin played well last year he just didn't start in the Q. He tore it up in the playoffs and carried that momentum over.

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 12:51 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Well Drouin played well last year he just didn't start in the Q. He tore it up in the playoffs and carried that momentum over.
I got to see him live last night against Gatineau. He has unreal vision, really strong core good skater, tracks the puck well is very dangerous offensively plays with alot of confidence almost arrogance.

I knew MacKinnon was good but its not like Drouin is a product of him they feed off each other.

bert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
I knew MacKinnon was good but its not like Drouin is a product of him they feed off each other.
It's true. Both guys have skill sets and hockey I.Q.s that can mesh well with a variety of linemates, and the versatility to do many different things to make a line successful. A "product" of anyone usually involves a fairly one-dimensional player with a specific skill set that requires those around him to adapt to the opponent in front of them for him in ways that allow him to keep "doing his thing" and remain productive (particularly over multiple seasons).

Working within that definition, I would say that MacKinnon and Drouin are most certainly complimentary stars, neither deserving to be considered the "product" of the other. Jagr - Lemieux, not Hull - Oates.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote