HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Amnesty Buyouts

Old
11-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Broad Street Elite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
The flyers aren't going to buyout bryz. If we did, our starter would be Michael Leighton and our backup would be Niko hovinen. That's not smart.
I think this depends on a ton of things. For example:

1.) Are we missing the whole season? Howard and Smith are UFAs, several other RFA options

2.) Does Bryz continue to struggle in the KHL?

3.) What is the new cap?

Any move to amnesty Bryz would be sacrificing the short term in order to avoid the albatross that his deal could become down the road. Bryz is likely the best option for next season, but the longterm issues are enough to make them think twice, especially with his NMC and enigmatic behavior.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Flyers should amnesty Bryz ASAP. He is an average goalie at best and is signed long term. Quickly cut off with a mistake instead of trying to stomach it. There are better options right now. Go trade Read + picks for Schneider or Luongo.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

I think some teams would use their buyout and then resign that player for cheaper. Lecavalier isn't leaving Tampa... That's one right there.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 11:20 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
I think some teams would use their buyout and then resign that player for cheaper. Lecavalier isn't leaving Tampa... That's one right there.
assuming its the same as last time, that won't be allowed. a player that gets bought out won't be allowed to resign with the team that just bought them out.

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 04:13 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
I think this depends on a ton of things. For example:

1.) Are we missing the whole season? Howard and Smith are UFAs, several other RFA options

2.) Does Bryz continue to struggle in the KHL?

3.) What is the new cap?

Any move to amnesty Bryz would be sacrificing the short term in order to avoid the albatross that his deal could become down the road. Bryz is likely the best option for next season, but the longterm issues are enough to make them think twice, especially with his NMC and enigmatic behavior.
Let's put it this way. As a Rangers fan, I hope the Flyers don't buy out Bryz. He's a playoff choker and a joker, and not to mention an albatross contract.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote