HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL Regular Season Underway

Old
11-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Stittsvillain

vCash: 500
The Royals are 1 point out of the division lead with games in hand. They have wins against both Ottawa West and Gatineau, the top two teams in the Metro division and have beaten every team in the Valley division accept Arnprior. Anybody else think Stiittsville can compete for The Valley division title?

Stittsvillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stittsvillain View Post
The Royals are 1 point out of the division lead with games in hand. They have wins against both Ottawa West and Gatineau, the top two teams in the Metro division and have beaten every team in the Valley division accept Arnprior. Anybody else think Stiittsville can compete for The Valley division title?
Yes they can compete they have made some good additions up front in groulx , bouchey and genier.
their goaltending is inconsistent and they have very poor D. if they could add a D or two i think they have a shot

Rangersfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:58 PM
KL14

I agree with the comment on goal tending but IMO Stittsville has the best D in the Valley, if not the entire EOJHL. I think they need a first line that can score like Arnprior's and Renfrew to be able to compete. Problem with Stittsville is the cost to play there. Top players are going to look to where it is either free or alot less expensive.

KL14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 04:12 PM
PG

Metcalfe 4, Gatineau 3 (SO)

Thriller in Metcalfe today....Mustangs spotted the Jets a three goal lead and then clawed their way back.....OT solved nothing and only one shooter could score giving Metlcafe the win....good solid effort from both quads and some good goaltending at both ends

PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 05:51 PM
KL14

Renfrew/Stittsville

Wild game in Stittsville, with Stittsville going in front 4-1 mid way through the second only to see if slip away due to stupid penalities to lose 5-4.

Stittsville's assistant coach tossed two waterbottles on the ice and the ref let him get away with it. This coach is a joke, jumping up on the glass and screaming..he should be kicked off the benched. The ref looked lost at times giving marginal penalities and then gave Stittsville a minor and major with just over a minute to go and Renfrew was able to capitalize. Renfrew was without their two top players in Riopelle and Anderson and then had 4 players ejected and 1 left hurt late in the third. This was a coaching loss for Stittsville. When Renfrew was closing the gap, Stittsville went with about 8 players and they just ran out of steam. Then the assistant coach loss his marbles and it was over at that point...Renfrew scored two more goals and picked up the two points.

I am sure the next game will be interesting. Point to note...after a questionable hit on a Renfrew player, their enforcing went after the Stittsville player, who was taken a pretty good pounding.....but none of Stittsville's bigger D jumped in to help. One of Stittsville's 16 year old came to help and although he didn't win the fight, he held his own and showed some character.

Old
11-04-2012, 07:42 PM
PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
Wild game in Stittsville, with Stittsville going in front 4-1 mid way through the second only to see if slip away due to stupid penalities to lose 5-4.

Stittsville's assistant coach tossed two waterbottles on the ice and the ref let him get away with it. This coach is a joke, jumping up on the glass and screaming..he should be kicked off the benched. The ref looked lost at times giving marginal penalities and then gave Stittsville a minor and major with just over a minute to go and Renfrew was able to capitalize. Renfrew was without their two top players in Riopelle and Anderson and then had 4 players ejected and 1 left hurt late in the third. This was a coaching loss for Stittsville. When Renfrew was closing the gap, Stittsville went with about 8 players and they just ran out of steam. Then the assistant coach loss his marbles and it was over at that point...Renfrew scored two more goals and picked up the two points.

I am sure the next game will be interesting. Point to note...after a questionable hit on a Renfrew player, their enforcing went after the Stittsville player, who was taken a pretty good pounding.....but none of Stittsville's bigger D jumped in to help. One of Stittsville's 16 year old came to help and although he didn't win the fight, he held his own and showed some character.
Hopefully the Team Management/Owner deals with the Asst Coach's behaviour...only hurts the image of the league

Old
11-05-2012, 06:22 AM
KL14

Perth/Arnprior

Perth takes it 4-3 and makes the Valley Division super tight with Arnprior, Renfrew and Perth all with 17 points, Stittsville has 16 points but with 2 to 3 games in hand on the teams in the top positions...first to last...only 6 points difference. This makes every interdivisional game very important and you don't even want to give up a point.

In Arnprior last night, the Perth goal tender did a great job controlling rebounds and a better job stopping the initial shot. Perth missed several loose rebound chances and did a good job controlling the play in Arnprior's zone. Did not seem to be a lot of penalities but each team had a short handed goal. On any given night any team can win in the Valley. I don't think the Valley Division is going to sort itself out until playoff time...

Old
11-05-2012, 08:07 AM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Perth takes it 4-3 and makes the Valley Division super tight with Arnprior, Renfrew and Perth all with 17 points, Stittsville has 16 points but with 2 to 3 games in hand on the teams in the top positions...first to last...only 6 points difference. This makes every interdivisional game very important and you don't even want to give up a point.

In Arnprior last night, the Perth goal tender did a great job controlling rebounds and a better job stopping the initial shot. Perth missed several loose rebound chances and did a good job controlling the play in Arnprior's zone. Did not seem to be a lot of penalities but each team had a short handed goal. On any given night any team can win in the Valley. I don't think the Valley Division is going to sort itself out until playoff time...
Definetely a very even division...well in the top 4. After the top 4 I think as the season goes on they will fall farther and farther behind

Old
11-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Oldschool

Around the rinks people are saying Arnprior is the team to beat in the valley. Can you imagine what they would be saying if they were playing with the team they should of had. Collins,Parker,Doner,Eady,Stresman,Allard,Gagne. It could have been League talk not just Valley.

Oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 12:20 PM
KL14

I don't think it is the forwards that Arnprior lost as much as it is the defence.

Lehoux (returning), Steege, Burge, Malloy, Stanton, McLean are IMO, equal to the ones that Arnprior lost except maybe for Collins although Steege numbers are pretty good. In nets, Lamoth is equal to Gagne and can be as good as Couvrette. It is on D where they lost the most..from a talent perspective, Stressman has been replaced but it is tough to replace Suckow, Smith and Primeau. To compensate for this, Arnprior needs to play a much tighter team defensive system, which still must be under development as I have not seen one as of yet. Who Arnprior really needed back was Eady. A great team leader in the room and on the ice.

If Arnprior had someone to step forward to be the leader in the room and on the ice and if they could be play better team defence....then they would be a walk to win and perhaps challenge for the league....but don't count Renfrew out. Their top line is equal to Arnprior's now and Renfrew had a great character win against Stittsville with both Riopelle and Anderson out.

Old
11-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
I don't think it is the forwards that Arnprior lost as much as it is the defence.

Lehoux (returning), Steege, Burge, Malloy, Stanton, McLean are IMO, equal to the ones that Arnprior lost except maybe for Collins although Steege numbers are pretty good. In nets, Lamoth is equal to Gagne and can be as good as Couvrette. It is on D where they lost the most..from a talent perspective, Stressman has been replaced but it is tough to replace Suckow, Smith and Primeau. To compensate for this, Arnprior needs to play a much tighter team defensive system, which still must be under development as I have not seen one as of yet. Who Arnprior really needed back was Eady. A great team leader in the room and on the ice.

If Arnprior had someone to step forward to be the leader in the room and on the ice and if they could be play better team defence....then they would be a walk to win and perhaps challenge for the league....but don't count Renfrew out. Their top line is equal to Arnprior's now and Renfrew had a great character win against Stittsville with both Riopelle and Anderson out.
I completely agree...I think they are better up front. Even in goal and weaker on D

Old
11-06-2012, 10:11 PM
hawxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
I completely agree...I think they are better up front. Even in goal and weaker on D
Was just at the South/Metcalfe game. Absolutey no contest, Metcalfe had no chance. The final was 6 1 South and it was'nt even close. Couvrette now has let in 1 goal in three games and this team is rolling. They can score goals, seemingly at will. McLaughline was left high and dry numerous times, way too much speed on South. It appears to me that getting the right goalie by trading away Bada and Abraham to Metcalfe has bolstered this team and they are ready to make a run at Ottawa West and Gatineau who they have beaten the past two weeks. Renfrew and Ottawa West await next week and that will be a test.

hawxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 06:26 AM
KL14

Renfrew is in tough

Going to be an interesting stretch for Renfrew....now Doner is out along with Riopelle and Anderson so I am not sure how much of a test Renfrew will be for Ottawa South let alone Shawville on Friday night. Some of their other guys are going to need to step up and put up some points.

Old
11-07-2012, 01:57 PM
PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawxfan View Post
Was just at the South/Metcalfe game. Absolutey no contest, Metcalfe had no chance. The final was 6 1 South and it was'nt even close. Couvrette now has let in 1 goal in three games and this team is rolling. They can score goals, seemingly at will. McLaughline was left high and dry numerous times, way too much speed on South. It appears to me that getting the right goalie by trading away Bada and Abraham to Metcalfe has bolstered this team and they are ready to make a run at Ottawa West and Gatineau who they have beaten the past two weeks. Renfrew and Ottawa West await next week and that will be a test.
Agree - this was a totally different game than three weeks ago when Metcalfe won in the same rink 8-5....No question Ottawa is the better team at this point, but the Jets had no legs, and no forecheck last night....look forward to the re-match in a couple of weeks to see if the gap is really this big

Old
11-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Hockeyfan6713

Already seeing suprises in the St-Lawrence division.."

Casselman
Char Lan
Akwesasne
Winchester
Alexandria
Morrisburg

Alot of predictions on this forum were way off lol! I know its early, but it still says a lot.

Casselman, not suprised.
Char-Lan looked good from the beginning, started to struggle recently, but they are still pretty good.

Akwesasne has had games in hands for a while now and have 4 wins in their last 5 games, including a 7-0 win v.s Brockville today

Alexandria has a lot of young players, so not suprised, they are pretty decent but will have to start winning more often. And Morrisburg is good on paper but needs to pick up some wins

Hockeyfan6713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 08:40 AM
PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan6713 View Post
Already seeing suprises in the St-Lawrence division.."

Casselman
Char Lan
Akwesasne
Winchester
Alexandria
Morrisburg

Alot of predictions on this forum were way off lol! I know its early, but it still says a lot.

Casselman, not suprised.
Char-Lan looked good from the beginning, started to struggle recently, but they are still pretty good.

Akwesasne has had games in hands for a while now and have 4 wins in their last 5 games, including a 7-0 win v.s Brockville today

Alexandria has a lot of young players, so not suprised, they are pretty decent but will have to start winning more often. And Morrisburg is good on paper but needs to pick up some wins
Winchester still struggling......any observations on what has gone wrong with the Hawks...OTW rolls into Metcalfe this afternoon.....we will see if the Jets can bounce back

Old
11-11-2012, 10:29 AM
EpicNeilTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG View Post
Winchester still struggling......any observations on what has gone wrong with the Hawks...OTW rolls into Metcalfe this afternoon.....we will see if the Jets can bounce back
First game against them this afternoon, be interesting to see how Metcalfe is. Should be a good game.

EpicNeilTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 04:07 PM
PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
First game against them this afternoon, be interesting to see how Metcalfe is. Should be a good game.
It was! Close checking for most of the game, Metcalfe got strong goaltending and timely scoring to pick up a 4-2 (en) win.....should be a good series during the season

Old
11-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Matrix20027

1. Casselman ( money buys players will always be on top)
2. Winchester ( don't count them out )
3. Char Lan ( if they can keep it together )
4. Morrisburg ( have talent need to get it together soon )
5. Akwesasne ( need help on back end )
6. Alexandia ( young team will be better next year)

I think Char Lan is falling apart. When they picked up a D man in October they were 7 and 1 and ever since they are 3 and 7. Rumours of players being traded have open up a can of worms. Morrisburg playing with a very short bench and are in need of some players if they want to make the playoffs. Winchester will make the playoffs very strong on D.

Matrix20027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Hockeyfan6713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix20027 View Post
1. Casselman ( money buys players will always be on top)
2. Winchester ( don't count them out )
3. Char Lan ( if they can keep it together )
4. Morrisburg ( have talent need to get it together soon )
5. Akwesasne ( need help on back end )
6. Alexandia ( young team will be better next year)

I think Char Lan is falling apart. When they picked up a D man in October they were 7 and 1 and ever since they are 3 and 7. Rumours of players being traded have open up a can of worms. Morrisburg playing with a very short bench and are in need of some players if they want to make the playoffs. Winchester will make the playoffs very strong on D.
Having seen a lot of St-Lawrence games, there are some things i agree with and disagree with.

Winchester 2nd? possible. but they would have to change a lot of things quickly. I dont think they'll stay in 5th spot, but i certainly dont think they ll end 2nd.

Char lan is starting to struggle and will have to prove that they can maintain what they started.

Morrisburg 4th? Yes they have the talent, but that will not happen.

Akwesasne does not need help on the back end in my opinion, they have shut down brockville and char lan this week and have performed well in that aspect of the games ive seen, and they have forwards who can score

I agree about Alexandria, hopefully for them, they might be good next year with all the young guys they have

Hockeyfan6713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 04:20 PM
PG

Metro Division

Have seen all the teams in the Metro division a couple of times now....with all due respect to Gatineau and the Golden Knights it seems as though the Junior Canadians are the best skating and passing team in the division......after that its a toss up between the Gatineau, Ottawa and Metcalfe for second (unless a dominant goalie emerges)....comments and opposing views welcome

Old
11-12-2012, 04:48 PM
KL14

I would love to know how Stittsville is playing against Gatineau to beat them once and have an overtime loss in the second game when other teams in the Valley Division have so many problems containing their speed. I will see Ottawa South tomorrow night against a depleted Renfrew team so it will be hard to give an opinion, but on paper Ottawa South was going to good, I guess they are playing now like they should be.

Old
11-12-2012, 06:27 PM
EpicNeilTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG View Post
Have seen all the teams in the Metro division a couple of times now....with all due respect to Gatineau and the Golden Knights it seems as though the Junior Canadians are the best skating and passing team in the division......after that its a toss up between the Gatineau, Ottawa and Metcalfe for second (unless a dominant goalie emerges)....comments and opposing views welcome
I think it's going to be a toss up for 1st between Gatineau, OTW, and South. One thing to note is Ottawa West still has a 21 year old card available while no other team in the Metro does. If they can get a good player with that card and minimize the assets their giving up, that's going to be scary.

EpicNeilTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Roofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan6713 View Post
Having seen a lot of St-Lawrence games, there are some things i agree with and disagree with.

Winchester 2nd? possible. but they would have to change a lot of things quickly. I dont think they'll stay in 5th spot, but i certainly dont think they ll end 2nd.

Char lan is starting to struggle and will have to prove that they can maintain what they started.

Morrisburg 4th? Yes they have the talent, but that will not happen.

Akwesanse does not need help on the back end in my opinion, they have shut down brockville and char lan this week and have performed well in that aspect of the games ive seen, and they have forwards who can score

I agree about Alexandria, hopefully for them, they might be good next year with all the young guys they have
Casselman - recovering from championship hangover and starting to click

Winchester - will pull it together and recieve players from Nepean at Dec 1 cut down

Char Lan will fight Akwesanse for third with Morrisburg in the mix.

CharLan fighting adversity for the first time , young team, dressing room problems, open knowledge by players that they are being shopped and winning is easy, losing shows true bench character And that was displayed last night in Akwesanse!

Yes Akwesanse as won 4 of five but against who , Alex yes but a weak team,
Lions yes but a dysfunctional team right now , Rebels yes but a lot of in house fighting occurring with this team, Tikis yes , but three key players out with injuries
Then they beat the Hawks who are in a identity problem right now.
They had there test against the Vikings and where never
in the game. Akwesanse top end players are also quietly looking for trades out Akwesanse
, coaching communication problems with players. If this occurs they will battle Alex for last place

Morrisburg are a couple of players away from turning it around , the rest are starting to buy into new coaching techniques. Lions have a lot of talent on paper but need to transfer that onto the ice.

Alexandria are in a complete rebuild year !!!!

Last edited by Roofus: 11-13-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Roofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 09:10 AM
Oldschool

Quote:
Going to be an interesting stretch for Renfrew....now Doner is out along with Riopelle and Anderson so I am not sure how much of a test Renfrew will be for Ottawa South let alone Shawville on Friday night. Some of their other guys are going to need to step up and put up some points.
Rumor mill says Renfrew is in tougher than they were in Shawville on Friday. Upwards of 8 players out. They got lucky in Shawville allowing 47 shots on goal and winning. Not this time. Look for Collins to collect a ton of points in a 12 / 1 win.

Oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote