HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

2012-13 Free Agency & Transaction Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-14-2012, 05:47 PM
  #226
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
He was traded for a goalie that is now in our system, a former 3rd rounder that has not signed an agreement with any team and a 3rd round draft pick.

I doubt a 1st would be required.
Well it would certainly have to be for more than PHX gave up for him. And why would they move him for just a 2nd? Maybe at the deadline if they're out of it, but right now it makes no sense. They're looking to compete and they obviously thought he can play a big role for them, so it would require overpayment, which is the equivalent of a 1st rounder imo.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 12:10 PM
  #227
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!
 
Highbrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,640
vCash: 500
Has Alfie said anything (or has anything been rumoured) as to whether he would return for one more year if this season is cancelled?

Highbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 07:52 PM
  #228
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 265
**** it.

Trade Michalek to PHX for Gormley and a pick.
Trade Anderson to NYI for de Haan and a high pick

Fail horribly and draft McKinnon.


McKinnon/Spezza/Stone
Zibanejad/Turris/Silfverberg
Greening/O'Brien/Noesen
Condra/Smith/Neil
Puempel

Cowen/Karlsson
Gormley/de Haan
Methot/Ceci
Philips

Lehner
Bishop
jk running on 2 hours of sleep and caffeine

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 08:31 PM
  #229
sg58
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbrow View Post
Has Alfie said anything (or has anything been rumoured) as to whether he would return for one more year if this season is cancelled?
He's been hinting pretty strongly towards not returning, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere in Swe media.

sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 09:45 PM
  #230
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
**** it.

Trade Michalek to PHX for Gormley and a pick.
Trade Anderson to NYI for de Haan and a high pick

Fail horribly and draft McKinnon.


McKinnon/Spezza/Stone
Zibanejad/Turris/Silfverberg
Greening/O'Brien/Noesen
Condra/Smith/Neil
Puempel

Cowen/Karlsson
Gormley/de Haan
Methot/Ceci
Philips

Lehner
Bishop
jk running on 2 hours of sleep and caffeine
I'm down, propose it on the main board

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 10:36 PM
  #231
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
I'm down, propose it on the main board
naw you can do it

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 11:06 PM
  #232
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
naw you can do it
are you admitting your proposal is bad for PHX?

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 11:12 PM
  #233
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
are you admitting your proposal is bad for PHX?
I only admit to using "LemonChiffon"

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 11:14 PM
  #234
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,225
vCash: 137
Its fair-ish but Yotes fans think very, very highly of Gormley and will easily turn it down.

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 11:27 PM
  #235
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 265
posted it. you can tend to the flames.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 11:33 PM
  #236
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 265
how many posts until they offer to trade back Rundblad?

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 11:34 PM
  #237
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,225
vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
how many posts until they offer to trade back Rundblad?
5 posts.

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 11:39 PM
  #238
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 265
cheater

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 11:43 PM
  #239
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,223
vCash: 500
oh benny benny
you're silly

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 11:46 PM
  #240
N Bahn Ahden
Registered User
 
N Bahn Ahden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
He's been hinting pretty strongly towards not returning, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere in Swe media.
He did an interview that was posted on TSN a few weeks ago. He implied that this would be his last year, regardless of the outcome of the lockout.

N Bahn Ahden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 07:52 AM
  #241
Xspyrit
Registered User
 
Xspyrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Country: Italy
Posts: 13,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Roffler View Post
Its fair-ish but Yotes fans think very, very highly of Gormley and will easily turn it down.
lol so it's the fans who decide?

Yotes have a lot of defense depht. Phoenix management would take that and run since they are always looking to improve their offense (and are dealing from a position of strenght). Michalek is young, proven and effective, on a relatively fair deal. I can't believe how unappreciated Michalek still is in Ottawa... probably because of his stats in 2010-11

So ya, let's trade Michalek! Mark Stone will replace his offense easily!



One more thing, why would we make this deal since proven top-6 forwards is really not a position of strenght for the Sens? It blows my mind to see fans think this... like they still don't understand why and how teams make trades...

So with making the playoffs last year, you guys think Sens management would simply like to take a step back in the rebuild? Just to add on shiny prospect to the already amazing super freaky pool? lulz

Gosh, I'd like to have Murrays, Dorion and MacLean opinions on this...

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:25 AM
  #242
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,225
vCash: 137
I would not do that trade btw.

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 03:29 PM
  #243
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 265
During the season this stays in top three thread spots.
During lock out, falls to third page.


I am bored again.

I want another stud D prospect in our system.

I am confident Weircioch makes it when the lock out is over. My feelings is he will be a bottom pairing and work on the PP.

Future

Cowen/Karlsson
XXX/Ceci
Blood/Weircioch

Who would you want in the X spot? What would be willing to give?

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 04:50 PM
  #244
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21,289
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
During the season this stays in top three thread spots.
During lock out, falls to third page.


I am bored again.

I want another stud D prospect in our system.

I am confident Weircioch makes it when the lock out is over. My feelings is he will be a bottom pairing and work on the PP.

Future

Cowen/Karlsson
XXX/Ceci
Blood/Weircioch

Who would you want in the X spot? What would be willing to give?
To be honest, we have enough strength in our defensive prospects to already be top-end in their roles.

Karlsson= Number 1/Franchise defender
Cowen=Number 1/2 defender
Ceci= Number 1/2/3 defender.

I don't even think we would need to make a trade for a defender because those 3 guys will just consume and dominant that we can go out to UFA and get a dime a dozen solid Number 4/5 defender. Or maybe even Claesson becomes just that.

With that being said, by the time Ceci is in our top 4, I expect Wiercioch to be there too. In a couple of years.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 09:03 PM
  #245
Xspyrit
Registered User
 
Xspyrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Country: Italy
Posts: 13,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
To be honest, we have enough strength in our defensive prospects to already be top-end in their roles.

Karlsson= Number 1/Franchise defender
Cowen=Number 1/2 defender
Ceci= Number 1/2/3 defender.

I don't even think we would need to make a trade for a defender because those 3 guys will just consume and dominant that we can go out to UFA and get a dime a dozen solid Number 4/5 defender. Or maybe even Claesson becomes just that.

With that being said, by the time Ceci is in our top 4, I expect Wiercioch to be there too. In a couple of years.
Exactly why it would be downright stupid to sacrifice Michalek or a potential top-6 prospect (any of Petersson, Da Costa, Stone, Noesen, Puempel, Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Prince and even Hoffman)

Priority right now is to develop top-6 forwards

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 09:51 PM
  #246
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21,289
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Exactly why it would be downright stupid to sacrifice Michalek or a potential top-6 prospect (any of Petersson, Da Costa, Stone, Noesen, Puempel, Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Prince and even Hoffman)

Priority right now is to develop top-6 forwards
Very true, I'm not as solid on the forward prospects as I am the defenders. Karlsson/Cowen/Ceci will be extremely special.

Silfverberg/Zibanejad look very promising but not as proven as Karlsson/Cowen.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 07:55 AM
  #247
Xspyrit
Registered User
 
Xspyrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Country: Italy
Posts: 13,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Very true, I'm not as solid on the forward prospects as I am the defenders. Karlsson/Cowen/Ceci will be extremely special.

Silfverberg/Zibanejad look very promising but not as proven as Karlsson/Cowen.
NHL is a very tough league with extremely good goaltenders and very tight defensive systems. It's getting hard develop pure top-6 forwards because 50 pts and + is hard to reach now (for example, if we say that top-6 forwards are players that score 50 pts and more consistently)

Cowen-Karlsson-Ceci-Wiercioch
Borowiecki-Blood-Wikstrand-Claesson
Wideman-Gryba-Sdao-Boyle-Fransoo-Aneloski
Lehner-Bishop-Driedger-Brassard

I'd say our future on defense/goaltending looks extremely bright

We have a bunch of good forwards prospects with various ceilings (many have 1st/2nd line potential) but I'd say without hesitation that our defense is ahead in terms of development... Not a surprise, Murray started to build from the net out 4 years ago

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 03:02 PM
  #248
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21,289
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
NHL is a very tough league with extremely good goaltenders and very tight defensive systems. It's getting hard develop pure top-6 forwards because 50 pts and + is hard to reach now (for example, if we say that top-6 forwards are players that score 50 pts and more consistently)

Cowen-Karlsson-Ceci-Wiercioch
Borowiecki-Blood-Wikstrand-Claesson
Wideman-Gryba-Sdao-Boyle-Fransoo-Aneloski
Lehner-Bishop-Driedger-Brassard

I'd say our future on defense/goaltending looks extremely bright

We have a bunch of good forwards prospects with various ceilings (many have 1st/2nd line potential) but I'd say without hesitation that our defense is ahead in terms of development... Not a surprise, Murray started to build from the net out 4 years ago
Exactly. Even if we have just one or two forwards become strong top 6er/first liners out of Puempel/Noesen/Stone/Silfverberg/Zibanejad/Prince/Hoffman/Petersson

Chances are very high at least one blossoms into that role and that'll be considered huge success.

As for trading Michalek for Gormley, huge mistake. Michalek only legit top 6er we have for now and to be honest, the guy keeps getting better as he ages. He's just hitting his prime.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.